PDA

View Full Version : Did Tim Duncan just guarantee victory?

Shade
05-13-2006, 04:40 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/registration/register.jsp?fw=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/051306dnspomavsdate.2540e8c.html

'We'll see who's glaring at the end,' Duncan says

08:54 PM CDT on Friday, May 12, 2006

From Staff Reports
A hard foul by Jerry Stackhouse knocked Michael Finley to the floor in the fourth quarter of Tuesday's Game 2. Afterward, the Mavericks guard stood over Finley and glared.

San Antonio's Tim Duncan was not impressed.

"That's all fake hype," he said. "That's all that is.

"Great for them. They were winning. We're going to do our best to get up and win these games and get the series.

"We'll see who's glaring at the end."

Wow, you rarely hear Duncan this pissed. Will be interesting to see how he and his team respond.

SycamoreKen
05-13-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't see it as him being upset. I can just hear him saying all of that in his slow monotone voice just as if he's talking about going to the store for bread. I don't see the guarentee either. He said that they would try to get up and win the series.

Robertmto
05-13-2006, 05:41 PM
No gurantess there.

Eindar
05-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Nobody makes a veiled threat sound more boring than Tim Duncan. I'd rather mow my grass than watch him play 40 minutes. At least with the grass mowing, there's the slight chance that something exciting might happen, like the blade might fly off the mower and impale someone, or I might run over a squirrell or something.

SamBear
05-13-2006, 07:36 PM
Have fun mowing your grass...

grego
05-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Barry will start, Manu coming off bench. Horry will start on Dirk(at the beginng at least), while Bowen will start on Howard.

larry
05-14-2006, 09:56 PM
spurs are more boring any team in history

Eindar
05-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Have fun mowing your grass...

Oh, I will. Have fun snoozing your way to a title. By the way, nice snotty comeback. I didn't say anything bad about your hero, he's easily the best player in the league, and you must pick him first if you're playing captains and trying to build a team. But the man is literally unwatchable unless you're watching the game live. The only time I"ve enjoyed Tim Duncan was the time I saw him live in Conseco. Otherwise, he just disappears, and just has a very ho-hum approach to getting his 25 points and 15 rebounds. It's almost like I feel cheated every time I watch him play, because I feel like if he ever got fired up, he could put up 40 and 20.

But that's ok, keep defending TD for no reason whatsoever. Really. Nobody would ever think you were a homer then.

EDIT: Also, what does it say about your team when fans of a team led by RICK CARLISLE call your team boring?

wooolus
05-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Besides Eva Longeria, her boy, and Manu

pizza guy
05-14-2006, 11:30 PM
So what if the Spurs are a little boring? They win.

We're boring and we suck.

What do they have that we don't?!?!?!

Isaac
05-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Just because Duncan doesn't pound his chest and celebrate after every basket doesn't mean he isn't fired up. He is a mature basketball player that realizes him hitting a shot with 2 minutes to put his team up doesn't mean ****. He plays his *** off every game, so I don't want to hear about a ho-hum approach.

I also don't find watching San Antonio boring, in fact watching San Antonio is extremely exciting to me. I love watching teams that can move the ball so well and have such incredible chemistry.

Robertmto
05-15-2006, 09:16 AM
So what if the Spurs are a little boring? They win.

We're boring and we suck.

What do they have that we don't?!?!?!

NBA Titles

Fool
05-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Chemistry.

Manu and Parker.

SoupIsGood
05-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh, I will. Have fun snoozing your way to a title. By the way, nice snotty comeback. I didn't say anything bad about your hero, he's easily the best player in the league, and you must pick him first if you're playing captains and trying to build a team. But the man is literally unwatchable unless you're watching the game live. The only time I"ve enjoyed Tim Duncan was the time I saw him live in Conseco. Otherwise, he just disappears, and just has a very ho-hum approach to getting his 25 points and 15 rebounds. It's almost like I feel cheated every time I watch him play, because I feel like if he ever got fired up, he could put up 40 and 20.

But that's ok, keep defending TD for no reason whatsoever. Really. Nobody would ever think you were a homer then.

EDIT: Also, what does it say about your team when fans of a team led by RICK CARLISLE call your team boring?

Duncan and SA are not boring at all.

You are acting childish.

Eindar
05-15-2006, 07:58 PM
Duncan and SA are not boring at all.

You are acting childish.

I find them to be incredibly boring to watch.

Care to tell me how I feel about anything else?

Or perhaps you'd like to tell me I'm a jerk, or use some other straw man to deflect attention away from the facts and attack me personally?

Robertmto
05-15-2006, 08:51 PM

Best quote ever...

Isaac
05-15-2006, 09:49 PM

Or perhaps you'd like to tell me I'm a jerk, or use some other straw man to deflect attention away from the facts and attack me personally?

If you are at all responding to what I said, I wasn't trying to attack you personally, i just hate when people say TD isn't intense or pumped up. He's extremely hard working and maximizes his game.

SoupIsGood
05-15-2006, 10:01 PM

Let's not even pretend that you're basing anything off of facts.

:chillpill

Eindar
05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
If you are at all responding to what I said, I wasn't trying to attack you personally, i just hate when people say TD isn't intense or pumped up. He's extremely hard working and maximizes his game.
I try not to speak to multiple people if I'm quoting one person. I know TD works hard, but honestly, I don't think he gets fired up like most players. If you want to say it like a compliment, you can say he's got ice water running through his veins, he's a cold-blooded assassin, etc.

I'm just saying that he has a very workmanlike approach that, while I respect, I find to be very boring.

Eindar
05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Let's not even pretend that you're basing anything off of facts.

:chillpill

The original, as well as the second statement, were obviously opinion, and will remain as such until the NBA starts officially tracking the BPM (Boring Per Minute) stat....