PDA

View Full Version : The Official Keep Pollard a Pacer Campaign and Bandwagon '06!!!!

8.9_seconds
05-13-2006, 02:01 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a26/Craz_lp/ScotBwagon.jpg
Have you done everything you can to show your support? Do one more and join the 'wagon!!!!

Scotty P War Cry!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Helmet
05-13-2006, 02:08 PM
DON'T TRADE POLLARD.

Hicks
05-13-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope we re-sign him for the vet. minimum.

Shade
05-13-2006, 03:09 PM
He can feel free to join the EddieWagon. :D

BlueNGold
05-13-2006, 03:12 PM
He is an extremely valuable asset if had for the minimum.

317Kim
05-13-2006, 03:45 PM
SCOT IS OUR HOMEBOY :D

grace
05-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Make him bionic and I'll think about it.

Shade
05-13-2006, 04:02 PM

Scot Pollard, the $6 million man?

*cues MagicRat* :chuckle:

grace
05-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Scot Pollard, the $6 million man?

*cues MagicRat* :chuckle:

I prefer "Bionic Samurai".

Here's a picture to get MR started.

http://www.news10.net/sports/kings2002/players/pollard-225.jpg

CableKC
05-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I hope we re-sign him for the vet. minimum.
Exactly......he's a good #3 or #4 Big Man option that doesn't need to play and can come in and easily fill in for short periods of time.

He's a very good influence on Harrison.

ABADays
05-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Call me what you want but he is a priority sign for me. Nobody better to have on a team.

ssmall
05-13-2006, 07:39 PM
Call me what you want but he is a priority sign for me. Nobody better to have on a team.
Your what you want.

clownskull
05-13-2006, 08:21 PM
i like pollard but, my problem with him is he can't stay healthy. you play him for 5 or 6 games and you just know he is due to miss a game about any time. this bothers me. we already have so many guys on this team who have shown a poor ability to hang around for long before breaking down. all of this lack of stability at nearly every position is a real killer.

ABADays
05-13-2006, 08:23 PM
i like pollard but, my problem with him is he can't stay healthy. you play him for 5 or 6 games and you just know he is due to miss a game about any time. this bothers me. we already have so many guys on this team who have shown a poor ability to hang around for long before breaking down. all of this lack of stability at nearly every position is a real killer.

Well, you could have Tinsley who misses every other game and adds nothing when he doesn't play - right? :-p

Doug in CO
05-13-2006, 10:11 PM
I wonder if it is his health or that RC does not like his game

beast23
05-13-2006, 11:02 PM
We only had 13 players on our roster. With FAs Pollard, Jones and Gill and Peja opting out of his contract, we have only 9 warm bodies under contract. We will probably trade a couple of the remaining players, meaning that we may have as few as 7 returning players if we do not re-sign any of our FAs.

Pollard is a good influence on his teammates and is probably our best post defender of of big centers, WHEN HEALTHY. With only 9 players under contract, and still over the cap, we need decent players for the bench at a minimal price. Even with questionable health, I think we need Pollard and we certainly have a roster position available for him, as long as he can be re-signed at the vet's minimum or somewhere close to it.

Trader Joe
05-13-2006, 11:09 PM
If he can be had for the vet minimum then I will gladly keep him. He is a great chemistry guy. Plus he loves to bang and get physical inside. He played very well against the Nets IMO and was not given enough PT.

8.9_seconds
05-14-2006, 01:06 AM

Boo!!!! Grace and Clownskull are bringing down the mood!!!!

:banned:

:devil:

rexnom
05-14-2006, 02:02 AM
I'm officially joining the bandwagon...I just hope Rick plays him a lot. (And by a lot I mean 15-20 minutes because we all know ol' Ricky won't play him more). I don't understand, whenever Scot plays a lot we usually do well. Oh well...

Brian
05-14-2006, 02:13 AM
We have enough jokes on this team,we need someone who can actually help JO.Not someone to make little funny comments about reggie miller on tnt.

Sorry,I mean Scot is a great guy,very funny.But we need to get guys who can actually play.I understand you get attached to a player after awhile.But out with the old,in with the new.

Bring on a shot-blocker.

rexnom
05-14-2006, 02:16 AM
We have enough jokes on this team,we need someone who can actually help JO.Not someone to make little funny comments about reggie miller on tnt.

Sorry,I mean Scot is a great guy,very funny.But we need to get guys who can actually play.I understand you get attached to a player after awhile.But out with the old,in with the new.

Bring on a shot-blocker.

I don't think of Scot as a joke. I'm 100% serious about this bandwagon. To me at least, this isn't like the Eddie Gill bandwagon or anything. Scot can really be effective.

CableKC
05-14-2006, 02:25 AM
I don't think of Scot as a joke. I'm 100% serious about this bandwagon. To me at least, this isn't like the Eddie Gill bandwagon or anything. Scot can really be effective.
Exactly.....as many have pointed out.....Pollard is one of those guys that you resign because he is a good locker room guy....is good for Big Man to play when we need him to cover Shaq or throw against the Pistons.

For the likely Vet Minimum that we will resign him for...assuming that he doesn't ask for alot and cause any type of drag on the salarycap.....he's the 10th or 11th man on the roster that you stick in the "In case of Emergency...break Glass" box when JONeal goes down with injury. I could care less if he is injured for half the season if he is paid what he is worth and does what he always does.....be a good example to the younger kids...especially Harrison.

If anything...he's a good mentor next to Foster for the Hulk.

grace
05-14-2006, 11:16 AM

He's never going to be healthy so I don't see how he'll ever be very effective again.

pollardfreek
05-14-2006, 11:48 AM
I've had my membership card for the Scot Pollard band wagon for years. KEEP SCOT!

rexnom
05-14-2006, 11:51 AM
He's never going to be healthy so I don't see how he'll ever be very effective again.
Who says? If he thinks he is healthy enough to play more I think the only keeping him back is Rick Carlisle.

vapacersfan
05-14-2006, 11:54 AM

No no Grace, we are talking about Pollard, not Tinsley ;)

Mourning
05-14-2006, 12:19 PM
No no Grace, we are talking about Pollard, not Tinsley ;)

Yeah, double standards here? :huh:

Brian
05-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Ok let me ask you all this; If we can resign pollard,or go out there and get a shot-blocker like Joel Przybilla or a defensive presence like Nazr Mohammed you would rather have pollard?.

And as far as the locker room presence thing...I really dont think that pollard had an heavy influence over anyone in that locker room.

The way I see pollard is like this; 1 day he will play and pull down 7-9 boards and put up 4-9 points,Then he is injuried for the next 2 weeks untill we play shaq again.And when you want to get rid of injury ridden players you cant just exclude pollard.

Anthem
05-14-2006, 04:32 PM
Ok let me ask you all this; If we can resign pollard,or go out there and get a shot-blocker like Joel Przybilla or a defensive presence like Nazr Mohammed you would rather have pollard?.
Nope. But those aren't mutually exclusive.

VF21
05-14-2006, 08:05 PM
(VF21 quietly raises her hand...)

Excuse me? If you guys don't want him, I would love to see him come back. Gee maybe he could even coach.

;)

Jay Ohh
05-14-2006, 08:50 PM
I couldn't care less if Scot Pollard comes back. He never plays, and when he does, it's usually for like the first five minutes then he disappears for the rest of the game.

He's a good lockerroom guy. I have no problem signing him for cheap, but he should be way down on our priority list. Too many injury concerns.

grace
05-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Who says? If he thinks he is healthy enough to play more I think the only keeping him back is Rick Carlisle.

Oh I don't know. I think his back is pretty much the reason he plays limited games/minutes.

Brian
05-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh I don't know. I think his back is pretty much the reason he plays limited games/minutes.

His back is the reason...do you think that Rick would rather have Harrison out there if he could have pollard out there?,HA.

8.9_seconds
05-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Rick won't play Scot. Period. When he plays he's effective. He's shown that.

Brian
05-15-2006, 12:21 PM

Ok with all that said..Then if Rick is going to be back next season,why resign pollard?.

I have yet to hear of a confirmed reason of why he is a good locker room guy.Just because he makes us laugh,doesnt mean he makes the team laugh.

CableKC
05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Unless we are really need an additional roster spot ( or Pollard's Agent demands more money then beyond reasonable ), he will likely sign for the vet minimum.....so what's the big deal if he is resigned?

If he was paid the amount of money that Tinsley...or even Freddie...was paid...and was constantly been injured.....then I would have reservations about resigning him....but the guy is likely gonna get paid a very small amount of money for 2 or 3 years. After hearing the various pre-game stories about him getting along real good with Harrison ( who how I feel is a good mentor to Harrison ).....and the various times that he was drafted into service to backup Foster and JONeal when they went down with injury....to me....the risk is minimal cuz the cost is small.

Putnam
05-15-2006, 12:44 PM

Scot is an OK 12th man, if he will sign at the right price -- which is the minimum. But why start a bandwagon for him? I'd rather join a bandwagon for retaining the same paper towel vendor at Conseco fieldhouse, or to keep Reb Porter in the PA announcer's seat to shout, "Two minutes. Two-wah!"

How is Scot "effective"?

Other teams measure "effective" in terms of points, rebounds, assists, steals and defense. We equate "effective" to "banging away inside" and "being a presence" and "being a great locker room influence."

But may I ask a more sincere question? Jermaine has asked for a new big guy to play inside. He's been asking it for two years. Pollard is somehow inadequate for that role, or Jermaine would have said 'Lemme play with Scot more.'

What are Pollard's deficiencies and competencies in terms of what Jermaine wants in the middle?

grace
05-15-2006, 01:06 PM
His back is the reason...do you think that Rick would rather have Harrison out there if he could have pollard out there?,HA.

If Scot was healthy I'd rather have him out there.

Fool
05-15-2006, 02:46 PM
BTW, Pollard comes with the added benefit of having hated Detroit long before even coming to Indy.

8.9_seconds
05-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Ok with all that said..Then if Rick is going to be back next season,why resign pollard?.

I have yet to hear of a confirmed reason of why he is a good locker room guy.Just because he makes us laugh,doesnt mean he makes the team laugh.

Jeez, love to poo on this much?

Scot is an OK 12th man, if he will sign at the right price -- which is the minimum. But why start a bandwagon for him? I'd rather join a bandwagon for retaining the same paper towel vendor at Conseco fieldhouse, or to keep Reb Porter in the PA announcer's seat to shout, "Two minutes. Two-wah!"

How is Scot "effective"?

Other teams measure "effective" in terms of points, rebounds, assists, steals and defense. We equate "effective" to "banging away inside" and "being a presence" and "being a great locker room influence."

But may I ask a more sincere question? Jermaine has asked for a new big guy to play inside. He's been asking it for two years. Pollard is somehow inadequate for that role, or Jermaine would have said 'Lemme play with Scot more.'

What are Pollard's deficiencies and competencies in terms of what Jermaine wants in the middle?

Did you not watch this season, or earlier seasons before. Do you remember the stretch where Scot was amazing, when he looked like our best player? When he was the only player showing any emotion? That's just from this season. That's what Scot Pollard can do with minutes.

However, he doesn't get any minutes. He Plays behind guys like David Harrison, who at times, don't even seem to know there is a game going on. Not to say that with more minutes he couldn't do excellent, but if Scot is playing less than a guy who barely plays also, where is your basis of how he is a 12th man at best? He's barely gotten a chance to play here. He has just been living in the shadow of Brad. Is he Brad? No. Could be a damn fine player, yes.

I'm not trying to be a homer, I'm trying to tell the truth. Can we really rely on what Jermaine says or asks for when we don't even know if he is our man? Where is the championship ring with Jermaine O'Neal's name on it?

The real truth is Scot doesn't mean as much to alot of people because he's not a superstar.

Putnam
05-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Did you not watch this season, or earlier seasons before. Do you remember the stretch where Scot was amazing, when he looked like our best player? When he was the only player showing any emotion?

I'm not trying to be contrary. I honestly don't know what you are talking about. I don't know what "amazing" looks like, but if he was our best player, then it should show up in the statistics. Since Pollard didn't get a lot of minutes, the fairest statistic would be points or rebounds per 48 minutes -- showing what he did with the time he was given.

Scot Pollard was 34th among NBA centers for rebounds per 48 minutes (4.8). He was 58th among centers for points per 48 minutes (10.3).

Where does Pollard rank among the Pacers for rebounds in the past season? He is 8th behind O'Neal, Foster, Stojakovic, Granger, Jackson, Croshere, and Harrison. JO was 14th among all NBA players last season -- Pollard ranked 196th. What is amazing about that?

Chances are good that the Pacers will resign Pollard for next season and there will be times when we're glad we have him. To be honest, I want to have him a few more years, playing cheap and giving us the value he didn't earn during the years of his premium contract.

But...what is it about Pollard that is amazing? The hair? The pre-game antics?