PDA

View Full Version : Theoretically speaking

Flax
05-12-2006, 07:58 AM
If the GM admits, that he is not on one page with the Coach, that the coach lost his players during the season, does anyone can expect that coach will radically adjust during off-season with minimally adjusted rooster and start coaching the way GM wants? I, personally, do not belive in this, neither GM in his right mind should believe whatever other positivers he is saying in public. Probably, just to save coache's face.

Putnam
05-12-2006, 09:44 AM
If the GM admits, that he is not on one page with the Coach, that the coach lost his players during the season, does anyone can expect that coach will radically adjust during off-season with minimally adjusted rooster and start coaching the way GM wants?

Your reasoning is excellent. It DOESN'T make sense for Bird to admit that so much is wrong, and still say Rick is the coach and he wants all the same players back.

We just don't know how sincere Bird was in the press conference. How much of what he said was honest? Does he really expect Jackson back? Does he really want to resign Pollard and Jones? Does he really have confidence in the future of a healthy Tinsley? Maybe it was all deceitful -- planned to cover up his real plans.

BillS
05-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Note that "I expect Jackson to be back" and "Jackson will be back" are, in fact, two completely different statements.

Doug in CO
05-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Note that "I expect Jackson to be back" and "Jackson will be back" are, in fact, two completely different statements.

I expect no one will do me a favor and take him, his attitude, and salary off my hands

Putnam
05-12-2006, 12:21 PM

That is true.

Bird is in a position of power and control. He is the person who will decide whether Jack returns or not. Jackson is under contract with the Pacers, and the only ways he won't return is if he dies or he gets traded.

So when Bird "expects" Jack to return, he either means that he is going to make it happen, or else he is deceiving us.

grace
05-12-2006, 12:24 PM
If the GM admits, that he is not on one page with the Coach, that the coach lost his players during the season, does anyone can expect that coach will radically adjust during off-season with minimally adjusted rooster and start coaching the way GM wants?

If I only had a year left on my contract the only way I'd consider changing is if they gave me an extension.

Probably what I'd tell Larry is, "You think you're such hot :censored: you go and coach this :censored: team yourself. See how far you get without Dick Harger and me to prop your sorry *** up. :tongue:" (Actually I'd probably :kicknuts:, but considering you get fined $1000 if you're late to a public appearance I'm sure kicking the GM in the balls would be a finable offense also.)

Bball
05-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Is Dick Harger as good as Dick Harter?

(please note I did not go where someone will surely want to go with this)

-Bball

Bball
05-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh what the hell...

I hear nobody gets up for the games like Dick Harder....

:rimshot:

-Bball

slyder
05-12-2006, 05:39 PM
yes, a proponent of stiff defense

Shade
05-12-2006, 07:26 PM
...minimally adjusted rooster...

Sorry, but that's one funny typo. :lmao: