View Full Version : A look at the depth chart as it stands now

Swingman
05-11-2006, 11:21 PM
PG: Johnson / Tinsley / Saras
SG: Jackson / Granger / Jones
SF: Peja / Granger
PF: O'neal / Croshere
C: Foster / Harrison / Pollard

I put Granger at SG / SF because management said they're going to try him at SG.

I think we'll see Tinsley and Jackson get traded for a PG and maybe a veteran PF.

I think we'll draft a SG/SF.

Anthem
05-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Larry will draft by best player available, no question.

You're also assuming everybody gets re-signed. The actual depth chart now is:

Foster - Harrison
JO - Croshere
Peja - Granger
Jax
Tins - AJ - Saras

8.9_seconds
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
PG: Johnson / Tinsley / Saras

Umm.... I see one little bundle of Pacer joy that has been excluded, EGBW, will not be happy about this one...

beast23
05-12-2006, 12:54 AM
You're also assuming everybody gets re-signed. The actual depth chart now is:

Foster - Harrison
JO - Croshere
Peja - Granger
Jax
Tins - AJ - Saras

Actually, Peja stated that he will opt out of his contract. So, as soon as that is official, our depth chart will consist of only 9 players:

PG - AJ / Tinsley / Saras
SG - Jax
SF - Granger
PF - JO / Croshere
C - Foster / Harrison

The total salary of 10 players (Bender included) is $61.4M. The total is $53.6M if Bender's salary is excluded.

Anthem
05-12-2006, 01:00 AM
Actually, Peja stated that he will opt out of his contract.
Yep, you're right. I'm a moron.

beast23
05-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Yep, you're right. I'm a moron.Well, the real point is that with 9 players under contract and trades of 2-3 players on the horizon, we could enter next season with only 7-8 carryovers... and that includes signing a couple of our own free agents.

We will have a lot of adjusting and chemistry building to do in the preseason and the beginning of the regular season. Unless we get lucky enough to acquire equal or better talent with our trades, or at least get players that complement our guys better, we are very likely to struggle as we start next season.