PDA

View Full Version : Larry Hughes anyone?

Harddrive7
05-11-2006, 11:51 AM
If we could put a little something together with Jax/Tins...Jax/cabbage, would we be interested? Scoring, defense...

Mike Brown being a good friend of the franchise?

Just seeing if anyone would be interested.

microwave_oven
05-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I would be interested, but I don't think the Cavs would be.

Unclebuck
05-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Hughes is a good player but he is a poor shooter. If we did acquire him we would need an excellent shooting point guard and small forward.

Doug in CO
05-11-2006, 11:55 AM
NO NO NO

And again - NO

The Cavs overpaid for him and his shot is worse than Freddie's (and that is sad)

Shade
05-11-2006, 11:56 AM
NO NO NO

And again - NO

The Cavs overpaid for him and his shot is worse than Freddie's (and that is sad)

It seems to me that Freddie actually shoots the ball pretty well when he's aggressive and his hand isn't injured. Sure, it ain't pretty, but whatever works, 'ya know?

microwave_oven
05-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Gotta love his slashing though, something this team does not have.

Harddrive7
05-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Gotta love his slashing though, something this team does not have.

Oh my, someone on the Pacers that could actually create their own shot? Why in the world would we want that?

Doug in CO
05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Oh my, someone on the Pacers that could actually create their own shot? Why in the world would we want that?

I am here - in Cavs country

Trust me - we do not want him

Freddie slashes - how does that work out?

Even if we liked him as a talent, the Cavs paid him an ungodly amount - like $12 million a year... not happening... NEXT suggestion

rexnom
05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Hughes is a good player but he is a poor shooter. If we did acquire him we would need an excellent shooting point guard and small forward.

Don't we have those two things already? I don't think Hughes would be a bad fit (he's even injury-prone!). I just don't think the Cavs are ready to give up on him yet.

purdue101
05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
he would be paid way to much for what he would bring to the table here in indy. the wizards were smart not to pony up the money the cavs did.

maggette is a guy i would like the pacers to look back into acquiring. he's the odd man out in the clips rotation right now. it looks as if they are favoring radmanovic a little more. i've heard the clips are looking to pawn maggett off for a pick. they're also in need of a big man off the bench. i would gladly give up foster, our 17th pick, and a 2nd rounder for him.

we could then dump jax for a big man.

Harddrive7
05-11-2006, 12:04 PM
I am here - in Cavs country

Trust me - we do not want him

Freddie slashes - how does that work out?

Even if we liked him as a talent, the Cavs paid him an ungodly amount - like $12 million a year... not happening... NEXT suggestion

they paid him 12mil? Do they have anymore openings? Yeah, forget that. WAY too much for this team to even think about.

bulletproof
05-11-2006, 12:22 PM
No. I don't follow him closely, but every time I've tuned in to watch the Cavs in the playoffs, he does not impress me.

Now Maggette on the other hand... we may have blew it there.

Doug in CO
05-11-2006, 12:24 PM
No. I don't follow him closely, but every time I've tuned in to watch the Cavs in the playoffs, he does not impress me.

Now Maggette on the other hand... we may have blew it there.

Question is - can we fix it? Can we still get him for anything? Cassell is a free agent this summer - would they want Tins?

diamonddave00
05-11-2006, 12:25 PM
A different source has Larry Hughes' real contract dollars atLarry Hughes 11,172,414 ---12,000,000 --12,827,586 --13,655,172 over the next 4 years. Thats still a lot of money but he would add several things to the Pacers at the shooting guard position. He quick , a good defender, runs the floor extremly well and can handle the ball and pass . He is also 27 which fits in well here longterm.

Luke Jackson a player Larry likes and used as a smoke screen 2 years ago has fallen out of favor in Cleveland. Those 2 make roughly 13 mil combined next season.

Mike Brown knows both Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley well .

Jamaal would flourish in a more uptempo game in Cleveland. Stephen Jackson , I could see playing well off Lebron James . Plus he has the close relationship with Mike Brown.

It would be a huge gamble dealing 2 starters to a division rival in Stephen and Jamaal . Next season Jack and the Tinman make 11.8 mil .

Long term Hughes is signed 4 years 50 mil and Jackson and Tinsley's deal total 62 mil...

Hughes is over paid but could be the type of player the Pacers need at the shooting guard , his ball handling skills alone are far better than Jack or Fred Jones.

Defensively late in games Granger and Hughes would be very good guarding the sg/sf's . Plus Hughes can play the point so he and if resigned Fred Jones could be the guards on the defensive end.

Would definately be a potential HUGE risk IF Tinsley stays healthy. But at this point it could well be worth it.

Doug in CO
05-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Never happening - not with that contract

diamonddave00
05-11-2006, 12:32 PM
A little side note on Corey Maggette , I have been told that he had no desire to become a Pacer ,when the rumor was out there. He wants to stay in the L.A. area ( he is already looking into a future in television for the future).

He would however me more inclinded to return home to the Chicago ( media market) if the Clippers wish to deal him.Yes, Maggette has already done some tv work in the Los Angeles area.

Just a little something I was told prior to the Artest deal.

bulletproof
05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Question is - can we fix it? Can we still get him for anything? Cassell is a free agent this summer - would they want Tins?

Like I said, I think we blew it. A friend of mine who is a Clips' fan really would've liked to have seen what Ron would've added to that team. He thinks it might have put them over the top. Fool's gold? I don't know. But he does like Maggette when he's healthy. He also said he thinks this team lost its personality when we traded Ron, even though he knows it had to be done. Interesting hearing other fans' perspectives.

Mourning
05-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Injured a lot of games in his career, not a very good marksman from 3-pointland and a godawfull contract AND coming from a divisional rival, no thank you.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

tdubb03
05-11-2006, 05:33 PM
I don't think it's so crazy to think Cleveland would be interesting in trading him. They made a mistake and gave him huge overpaid deal. He doesn't fit into Mike Brown's offense at all, it makes him a spot-up shooter almost exclusively. He's injury-prone.

However, I still don't think they'd trade him. He's not much different than a worse shooting Jax.

Young
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
No thanks to LH.

Not the kind of SG I want here and he is overpaid IMO.

A deal I would do with the Cavs is Stephen Jackson for Luke Jackson and Ira Newble but that is just to get rid of Jackson. We get screwed production wise in that deal...although Luke is still very young and can still imrpove into a very good NBA player.