PDA

View Full Version : Official: Adelman fired as Kings coach

BoomBaby31
05-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, Ron Artest didn't get his way.. Adelman was fired. How would you like to see Adelman as coach instead of Rick and what are the chance of that?

Roaming Gnome
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Chances...none
Would I want to see it....YES!

Eindar
05-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm going to be pissed if Adelman is available and we don't at least look into it.

ChicagoJ
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Adelman wasn't fired. His contract expired and was not renewed. There's a big difference

Signed, Bo Hill's press secretary

Robertmto
05-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Adelman wasn't fired. His contract expired and was not renewed. There's a big difference

EGG-sactly

Jermaniac
05-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Anything is better then Ricky Ball, so we need to hire a guy with a real plan on offense.

Young
05-09-2006, 10:14 PM
Yeah we get a guy with a real plan on offense and lose that defense right with it.

Rick A. is a great coach to have when you have players with the right chemistry but we don't have that here.

I'm happy with Rick Carlise for now. Carlise is a great coach and while he does have his flaws I don't want to fire him just to fire him because he has done a remarkable job here given the situation. Now after next season, once the Pacers have a chance to see a new look Pacer team, and you want to go in a different direction...fine but don't do that now.

BoomBaby31
05-10-2006, 12:19 AM

I don't know, on 3 different sites they clearly say he was "fired". I cut and pasted the heading of this thread from yahoo.

from yahoo sports:
The Kings dismissed the most successful coach in franchise history Tuesday in a firing mostly motivated by the club's desire for something better than the above-average results delivered by Adelman, 14th on the NBA's career list with 752 coaching victories.

Downtown Threat
05-10-2006, 12:22 AM
As a Kings fan I am REALLY pissed off with this decision

J_2_Da_IzzO
05-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Yeah we get a guy with a real plan on offense and lose that defense right with it.

Rick A. is a great coach to have when you have players with the right chemistry but we don't have that here.

I'm happy with Rick Carlise for now. Carlise is a great coach and while he does have his flaws I don't want to fire him just to fire him because he has done a remarkable job here given the situation. Now after next season, once the Pacers have a chance to see a new look Pacer team, and you want to go in a different direction...fine but don't do that now.

What defense? I think we lost it when Ron stated he wanted a trade.

ChicagoJ
05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't know, on 3 different sites they clearly say he was "fired". I cut and pasted the heading of this thread from yahoo.

from yahoo sports:
The Kings dismissed the most successful coach in franchise history Tuesday in a firing mostly motivated by the club's desire for something better than the above-average results delivered by Adelman, 14th on the NBA's career list with 752 coaching victories.

Yep, the media often gets the wrong words on things like this. Especially the rush-to-get-things printed internet media.

According to some outlets, there was also a strike that resulted in many canceled games in the 1998-99 season.

:rolleyes:

Moses
05-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I'd take Adelman in a heartbeat. I think he could have more sucess defensively when he has a team like this. I'm ready to see what this team is like without Mr. Roboto at the helm.

Young
05-10-2006, 03:24 PM
What defense? I think we lost it when Ron stated he wanted a trade.

Yeah ok. Are you trying to tell me RA is more defenseive minded than Carlise?

Kstat
05-10-2006, 03:31 PM
When was the last time the winnigest coach in a franchise's history was fired/let go?

Pacersfan.
05-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Question to all the Kings fans on her: How was Peja and Adelman's relationship in Sacramento?

Kegboy
05-10-2006, 04:48 PM
When was the last time the winnigest coach in a franchise's history was fired/let go?

My guess would be Lenny Wilkens in Toronto, which I know, ain't saying much.

[edit] More successful, Brian Hill in Orlando, the first time. Again, not much point in the first 10 years of a franchise's existence.

[edit2] Rudy T, we all know he was forced out.

piksi
05-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Question to all the Kings fans on her: How was Peja and Adelman's relationship in Sacramento?

good

Downtown Threat
05-11-2006, 04:56 AM
Very good