PDA

View Full Version : 2006 PD Forum Awards -- Sunshine Poster of the Year -- Pacers_Gurl

Hicks
05-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Sunshine Poster of the Year
indygeezer
Jermaniac
Pacers_Gurl
Raskolnikov
SoupIsGood
Unclebuck
Will Galen

Starting early since I will be away most of the day.

48 hours to vote!

If there's any confusion, this is the most optimistic poster award.

Jermaniac
05-08-2006, 11:00 AM
Me again.

Shade
05-08-2006, 11:31 AM
PG gets my vote again. Jeez, that's three categories I've voted for her in now!

I'm not convinced that SIG's late run didn't have something to do with this award. ;)

Unclebuck
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Wow, I was surprised to even be nominated in this category and now I see I'm getting a few votes. Didn't the whole Artest thing make me bitter, wasn't I a lot more critical of things this past season. Perhaps by comparison I seemed sunshiney as everyone else was even more bitter.

I'm voting for Will Galen

Kstat
05-08-2006, 12:00 PM
I'm voting soup. He's been unusually happy-go-lucky this year.

btowncolt
05-08-2006, 12:01 PM
I refuse to vote until Bball is added as a nominee.

Bball
05-08-2006, 12:28 PM
I refuse to vote until Bball is added as a nominee.

That will probably be when Hell freezes over or they figure out the Superdome cannot be repaired because you said so :tongue:

-Bball

Robertmto
05-08-2006, 03:12 PM
Voted for UB

SoupIsGood
05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Garsh, PG whooping up on me in yet another award.

I need to step up my game.

Ya'll gonna see it next year.

Yup.

SoupIsGood
05-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not convinced that SIG's late run didn't have something to do with this award. ;)

:sunshine:

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
UB would be Mr. Sunshine if this were Artest Digest. Or the unofficial Rick Carlislie Man-crush Digest.

He's not a darksider, but he's no optimist.

SiG's transformation from the dark side to :sunshine: has been fascinating. But I think he's really a darksider at heart, so no Soup for him.

I'm going to vote for one of the old fogies. They've seen this team win but its been thirty years of heartbreak for them. Yet they're still optimistic. I'm pretty sure that one of them has me on ignore because I'm so cranky about the Pacers, (as Jay's_Dad@Section204 reminds, me, I'm only happy with the Pacers when I'm not happy with the Pacers) so I'll vote for Mr. Geezer.

I have no idea how you are still optimistic about this team. It must be a very conscious effort; lots of hard work. I just can't do it.

Pig Nash
05-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Yeah, so I definitely post enough this year to qualify for anything. I wouldn't sniff this one on here even if I did post a lot. That would confuse a lot of friends that think I'm the most optimistic Pacer fan ever. It's just compared to them, who will take any chance to give up on this team, I'm PG like.

SoupIsGood
05-08-2006, 04:30 PM
SiG's transformation from the dark side to :sunshine: has been fascinating.

I agree! I think next year I will try out the "Argumentative Poster" persona...

Just kidding. :D

I'm :sunshine: to stay...

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

Bball
05-08-2006, 05:14 PM
I've got to think about this one. Soup is who first comes to mind. Obviously he isn't happy with David Harrison's treatment but somehow he still seems to put a positive spin on everything.

Will Galen hasn't posted much of late but he's typically not willing to go down the dark path.

Uncle Buck... Nahhhhhh. A sunshiner has to think a championship is just around he corner, even in the same season as sub .500 record at the All-Star break. UB for the most part seems realistic about the team's chances. UB just enjoys the ride whether it's watching the team develop or fall apart. He'd love a championship of course, but at the end of the day he seems to enjoy the journey. I suppose he figures the payoff will only be sweeter because of the trials and tribulations of the ride. I could be wrong :shrug:

Didn't Indygeezer proclaim his departure from the Sunshine Brigade? I'll have to look... I think he did. I don't remember too much sunshine coming from 'geezer anyway. Probably turning into an angry old 'geezer. ;)

Raskolnikov... I don't know. Again, not someone who I'd put at the head of the list for sunshiners.

Pacers Gurl is certainly optimistic but I see her more as a cheerleader who is rooting and hoping rather deluding herself into proclaiming we're a contender no matter the circumstances... and then once we're eliminated, proclaiming the team favorites for next year's championship.

I'm not voting just yet. Those are my first thoughts. Maybe a bumped thread or new comment will change my mind or put someone clearly in front.

-Bball

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
As Mr. Geezer's campaign manager, let me direct you to these threads:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16558

followed by:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16718

indytoad
05-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Man, I can't believe I wasn't nominated for this one.

That said, I'm voting for Will G. I suppose he will suffice as a suitable second-place.

IndyToad
Man of the year

indygeezer
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
UB would be Mr. Sunshine if this were Artest Digest. Or the unofficial Rick Carlislie Man-crush Digest.

He's not a darksider, but he's no optimist.

SiG's transformation from the dark side to :sunshine: has been fascinating. But I think he's really a darksider at heart, so no Soup for him.

I'm going to vote for one of the old fogies. They've seen this team win but its been thirty years of heartbreak for them. Yet they're still optimistic. I'm pretty sure that one of them has me on ignore because I'm so cranky about the Pacers, (as Jay's_Dad@Section204 reminds, me, I'm only happy with the Pacers when I'm not happy with the Pacers) so I'll vote for Mr. Geezer.

I have no idea how you are still optimistic about this team. It must be a very conscious effort; lots of hard work. I just can't do it.

Hey I had season tix back during the 80's fer cryin' out loud! I'd still have em but Miss Dee Vorce raised the ante on me. (Cripes I even cheered George Irvine)

pizza guy
05-08-2006, 10:47 PM
That will probably be when Hell freezes over or they figure out the Superdome cannot be repaired because you said so :tongue:

-Bball

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/dungyisgreat/hellisforzen.jpg

So there. :-p

I voted UB for one reason, and one reason alone.

He did not off himself when Artest went Artest on us this season. Just for the fact that he stuck it out through the crappiest of the crappy that Artest put us through, UB gets my vote.

bulldog
05-09-2006, 10:15 AM
At this rate, the only thing Pacer_Gurl's not winning is the PD spelling bee.
Congrats PG on the dominance.

Slick Pinkham
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm voting for Will Galen

Me too. In a public poll with a few weeks left in the season he actually pick us to win the NBA championship.

That is either sunshine...

or hallucinogens.

Will Galen
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Me too. In a public poll with a few weeks left in the season he actually pick us to win the NBA championship.

That is either sunshine...

or hallucinogens.

People just don't understand my humor.

Jermaniac
05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Is the most hated thing coming up next? I know I can beat PG in that.

Kegboy
05-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Is the most hated thing coming up next? I know I can beat PG in that.

I don't know. If she keeps winning like this, she'll become the MJ of the board and I will therefore have to hate her.

317Kim
05-10-2006, 05:43 AM
The haters drive me :cool2:

:-p

Hicks
05-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Congrats once again, Pacers Gurl!

317Kim
05-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Thank you! You love me, you really love me. :champions

Maybe not that much :-p but thanks anyway.

SamBear
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
:happydanc :cheers: :highfive:

You go girl! :D