PDA

View Full Version : Will Adelman, Wells,(Miller) be part of Kings' promising future?

Frank Slade
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Will Adelman, Wells be part of Kings' promising future?

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
May 6, 2006

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Just four months ago, the Sacramento Kings' window for a championship run appeared to be closed. A whole new window is open now, thanks to Ron Artest -- and he's determined to push his team through it.

Although the Kings' eighth consecutive playoff trip ended Friday night with a six-game first-round loss to the San Antonio Spurs, there was an abundance of optimism and excitement in their locker room.

After floundering through the first half of the season, Sacramento reached the playoffs and gave a profound battle to the defending NBA champions. With a more forgiving bracket, the Kings might have advanced to a later round -- something that seemed unfathomable back in January before Artest arrived in Sacramento to save the season.

"It definitely feels like home, and I think it will be home for a long, long time," said Artest, who's under contract for at least two more years. "The season was great. (The playoff series) could have gone either way. ... In Game 5 (with the series tied 2-2), we had the game tied 93-93, and we made a couple of defensive mistakes. I can't see that happening next year."

The Kings won 25 of their last 36 regular-season games shortly after Artest was acquired in a trade for Peja Stojakovic, the last remaining player from the 1999 roster that thrilled the NBA with its wide-open, free-flowing style in the first of eight straight trips to the playoffs.

Coach Rick Adelman's team has a completely different look now -- and so does Adelman, a longtime offense-first coach who presided over his defense-dominated club's impressive late-season run with the same management skills that have produced 752 career victories.

But Adelman doesn't have a contract for next season, and the Kings' decision on his future could determine whether this dramatic rebuilding project can stand up to the stress of a full season.

"I'm really proud of the way the guys finished this season, because people had written us off -- said we were done as a franchise," said Adelman, who didn't want to discuss his future Friday night. "We've built a great foundation for the stuff we want to be able to do. I'm very optimistic about it."

Adelman and Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, will have to decide the coach's future soon -- with ample input from owners Joe and Gavin Maloof, who tentatively courted Phil Jackson last summer while Adelman was still employed by the club.

None of the involved parties -- not Adelman, Petrie or the Maloofs -- has indicated whether Adelman expects to return, or whether he's even welcome.

Bonzi Wells' future also will be up for discussion when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer after one season with Sacramento. Wells was injured for a large part of the regular season, but turned into a monster in the playoffs, terrorizing the Spurs with scoring, rebounding and tough defense.

"It's very realistic," Wells said of a return to Sacramento. "I told them when I got here that I don't want to move any more, so if I'm not here next year, it's totally up to them. I want to be here. I want to do everything it takes to be a King for the rest of my career. ... I love the city, and I love the fans. They can sign me if they want to."

Wells probably earned a big contract with his series, but the Kings might not be the ones to provide it if he sticks to his desire for a five- or six-year deal. Sacramento already has lengthy, expensive deals with most of its core -- and Kevin Martin, the second-year pro who made a buzzer-beating layup in Game 3 over Tim Duncan, might be ready for a starting job.

Petrie also must decide whether changes must be made to that core. Center Brad Miller flopped in the playoffs at the end of an underwhelming season, averaging just 9.2 points and 3.0 rebounds while repeatedly getting benched in the second half.

Mike Bibby also struggled in the postseason with a low shooting percentage and spotty defense on Tony Parker, who scored a playoff career-high 31 points in Game 6 despite a bruised right leg to close an outstanding series. Bibby and Miller both struggle on defense as well.

But after rebuilding his entire roster over the previous 18 months, Petrie might decide to build continuity and teamwork in his core while searching for suitable role players. Martin and rookie Francisco Garcia will come back older and wiser, but the Kings could use a better backup point guard and more depth in the frontcourt.

But as long as Artest remains the charismatic, energetic, controversy-free (well, except for his one-game playoff suspension) superstar he became in 3 1/2 months in Northern California, the Kings will be on the NBA map.

"I'm just excited for the future," Artest said. "It's going to be good."

Updated on Saturday, May 6, 2006 7:18 pm EDT
LINK (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As17tMdTXKlev7vx9nvHG5m8vLYF?slug=ap-kingswrapup&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Evan_The_Dude
05-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I'll take Bibby please...

SoupIsGood
05-07-2006, 08:44 PM
I want Adelman!

Anthem
05-07-2006, 08:53 PM
I'll take Bibby please...
He makes 12 mil next year, and he's got three years left on his contract.

J_2_Da_IzzO
05-07-2006, 09:02 PM
He makes 12 mil next year, and he's got three years left on his contract.

And he can play more then 70 games a season.

I'l take Wells and let Peja go.

Roaming Gnome
05-07-2006, 09:32 PM

You want Wells...I thought we were trying to PURGE THIS TEAM OF KNUCKLE HEADS AND OTHER DEGINERATES Why would you want another one?

Anthem
05-07-2006, 10:14 PM

We can sign Peja, we can't sign Wells.

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't want Adelman

SoupIsGood
05-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't want Adelman

Why not? I think he'd be a great fit.

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 10:26 PM
Why not? I think he'd be a great fit.

Simply put: he doesn't emphasize defense enough. That is it more than anything.

He also runs a very loose ship, soft practices, soft training camp, country club atmosphere

purdue101
05-07-2006, 10:37 PM
i'd take bibby in a heartbeat. the guy played 82 games this season and is one of the more consistent PG's in league.

think the kings would give him up for tinsley, foster, and a pick or two?

Roy Munson
05-07-2006, 10:47 PM

He also runs a very loose ship, soft practices, soft training camp, country club atmosphere

How do you know this?

Paul Westhead coached Loyola-Marymount 15-20 years ago when they averaged about 110 points per game. He said that the key was 'defense' , but it was a helter skelter defense that tried to get the other team to shoot the ball within 5 seconds of crossing the half court line.

So, even though they gave up a ton of points, they emphasized defense. It was key to their approach to the game.

For all I know, Adelman might put most of his focus on defense. I know when he coached Portland in the 89-92 era, those were GREAT defensive teams.

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 10:53 PM
How do you know this?

Paul Westhead coached Loyola-Marymount 15-20 years ago when they averaged about 110 points per game. He said that the key was 'defense' , but it was a helter skelter defense that tried to get the other team to shoot the ball within 5 seconds of crossing the half court line.

So, even though they gave up a ton of points, they emphasized defense. It was key to their approach to the game.

For all I know, Adelman might put most of his focus on defense. I know when he coached Portland in the 89-92 era, those were GREAT defensive teams.

Well I don't like helter skelter defense.

And I used to watch a lot of college basketball back then and I watched a lot of Loyola-Marymount games, and they played terrible defense. And then when he coached the Nuggets it was beyond horrible.

That Blazers team had a number of great defenders on that team. Porter, Kersey and Buck Williams were all first team defensive type players and Clyde was pretty good also.

How do I know Adelman does not emphasize defense, two ways. I can tell by watching them play defense. Beyond that, the players say that, the writers say it, heck Peja said it when he became a Pacer. .

SoupIsGood
05-07-2006, 11:01 PM

Who cares? It's more important to get a coach that fits what your team needs. If he happens to not be obsessive about defense, then so be it.

Adelman is great dealing with the 'attitude' players, produces good offensive teams, and isn't cooky about not playing young players like Carlisle is.

The "defense-first" philosophy has been run into the ground here in Indiana. It's time for something different, something that addresses the needs of the team.

How do you know he runs a 'loose ship?'

Also, Adelman has produced good defensive teams when given good defensive players, IMO. It's not as if he is Don Nelson (in Dallas anyway) or something.

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 11:05 PM
SIG, There is no doubt the Pacers certainly could get a worse coach than Adelman. He's a pretty good coach, but after that I guess we just disagree on what a coach should emphasize.

As far as: how I know he runs a loose ship, I've read comments from former players that he runs a loose ship. There might not be anything wrong with that a lot of NBA coaches run a loose ship, but I just don't think that is the best way to coach.

If somehow Adelman becomes the Pacers next coach, I wouldn't be excited about and I'd have some serious concerns about it, but like I said they could do a lot worse, so I wouldn't cause a big fuss

SoupIsGood
05-07-2006, 11:09 PM
SIG, There is no doubt the Pacers certainly could get a worse coach than Adelman. He's a pretty good coach, but after that I guess we just disagree on what a coach should emphasize.

As far as: how I know he runs a loose ship, I've read comments from former players that he runs a loose ship. There might not be anything wrong with that a lot of NBA coaches run a loose ship, but I just don't think that is the best way to coach.

I actually agree with you philosophically. Defense should be stressed.... although I don't really know where I stand on the 'loose ship' thing.

I really, really like Rick as a coach, but I don't think he fits our team anymore. He is a coach you get if you have a team that can contend for a title next year.

We are a team that likely won't be doing that too soon, and we need to rebuild the foundation. As much as I like Rick (Carlisle) I don't really trust him to help accomplish that...

VF21
05-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Don't go counting on Bonzi, Adelman OR Miller being available, guys.

Bonzi Wells will be re-sgined. That's about as big a no-brainer as you can get, considering the Maloof's feelings about high impact players. They LOVE the Bonzi Wells "reformed black sheep" type of guy and I think they're already thinking about what they'll offer...

I really question how some of you who have never been in Sacramento can talk with supposed authority about how Rick Adelman runs his camps and his training sessions. Keep in mind if we hadn't had some pretty horrendous injuries, that soft coach you're referring to might well have led us to at least one championship.

As far as Miller goes, that's the one mystery... He always seems to fade in the stretch, but this is ridiculous. He didn't fade; he flat out disappeared.

Former players, BTW, aren't always the best people to ask about former coaches and teammates. There's a different between a relaxed, non-dictatorial atmosphere in a practice session and a loose ship. Sometimes it's all in the perception.

Bottom line is I don't think the Kings are going to be making a lot of bargain basement clearance sales, despite what you might read, especially at the national level. Some of those hacks couldn't find Sacramento on a map let alone tell you how to get from the airport to Arco. (That's a snide comment since you can actually SEE Arco Arena from the airport.) ;)

VF21
05-07-2006, 11:30 PM
Having said all that, if you'd like to make an offer on Kenny Thomas, I'm sure we can oblige.

denyfizle
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
what are the chances we trade JO to the Kings lol. O'Neal-Artest reunion eh?!

SoupIsGood
05-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't go counting on Bonzi, Adelman OR Miller being available, guys.

Bonzi Wells will be re-sgined. That's about as big a no-brainer as you can get, considering the Maloof's feelings about high impact players. They LOVE the Bonzi Wells "reformed black sheep" type of guy and I think they're already thinking about what they'll offer...

I really question how some of you who have never been in Sacramento can talk with supposed authority about how Rick Adelman runs his camps and his training sessions. Keep in mind if we hadn't had some pretty horrendous injuries, that soft coach you're referring to might well have led us to at least one championship.

As far as Miller goes, that's the one mystery... He always seems to fade in the stretch, but this is ridiculous. He didn't fade; he flat out disappeared.

Former players, BTW, aren't always the best people to ask about former coaches and teammates. There's a different between a relaxed, non-dictatorial atmosphere in a practice session and a loose ship. Sometimes it's all in the perception.

Bottom line is I don't think the Kings are going to be making a lot of bargain basement clearance sales, despite what you might read, especially at the national level. Some of those hacks couldn't find Sacramento on a map let alone tell you how to get from the airport to Arco. (That's a snide comment since you can actually SEE Arco Arena from the airport.) ;)

Well, I was watching I think Game 6, and they interviewed one of the Maloofs.

They asked him about Wells, and he seemed really confident about wanting to resign him. Something like "We're going to try to get a deal done," but it sounded like "HE'S NOT LEAVING AND I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY IT TAKES!!"

OK, maybe not quite like that, but you get the idea.

Then he was asked about Adelman, and only gave a cop-out answer, something like "We'll evalute that at the end of the season."

That makes me think that Adelman may still be available.

(Please)

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 11:41 PM
One other thing I don't like about Adelman that I forgot to mention, he plays his starters way too many minutes.

VF21
05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Look at our bench...

VF21
05-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Well, I was watching I think Game 6, and they interviewed one of the Maloofs.

They asked him about Wells, and he seemed really confident about wanting to resign him. Something like "We're going to try to get a deal done," but it sounded like "HE'S NOT LEAVING AND I DON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY IT TAKES!!"

OK, maybe not quite like that, but you get the idea.

Your read on what he was really saying is spot on.

The last time we saw Gavin Maloof (the more round faced and enthusiastic one) that excited was when they wanted to make sure Webber re-signed with us. They took out billboards promising they'd mow his lawn if he stayed...

Then he was asked about Adelman, and only gave a cop-out answer, something like "We'll evalute that at the end of the season."

That makes me think that Adelman may still be available.

(Please)

As far as what Gavin said, I think they learned their lesson with the behind-the-back talks with Jackson's agent last year. I don't think they'll say anything in public until they've met with Rick, Petrie, et al and reached some kind of decision in private.

There may be simply too many things that have gone on for the Maloofs to keep Adelman. And if he leaves, a lot of us think it could be a very big mistake. We simply don't know. I may not always agree with what the head office does at the time it's done, but in retrospect I find very little to disagree with, all things considered. If they do decide that it's time for new blood in the coaching position, it's quite possible Adelman might even take a year off and just unwind.

piksi
05-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Look at our bench...

what bench ?

bulldog
05-08-2006, 01:08 AM
To all of you wanting Mike Bibby: WTF?

Mike Bibby may be the worst defensive point gaurd in the NBA. That would kill our team, and is the major reason that I'm not as rosy about the King's future as everyone else. Did no one else see the difference between Tony Parker's play against the Kings and his play in the Mavs game yesterday?

Peck
05-08-2006, 01:09 AM

I think a lot of coach's pay lip service to "playing defense".

What coach, other than Zeke, would come in & say that defense wasn't going to be the focus of his team. It's just become the en vogue thing to say.

Look I don't know Adelman from crap when it comes to coaching but all I can ask you is this.

Could his soft practices, soft training camp & country club atmosphere be any worse than what we have gotten with Rick?

To the best of my knowledge I don't remember any former or current Kings saying they could not stand to play in his system or for him personally.

The same cannot be said for Rick both Indiana & Detroit players have made statments that they either did not like his system or him personally.

But let's get down to the meat of this.

The defense. I don't sit & spout it every post like you do but I am an old Larry Brown desciple so I love defense as well.

I just don't think Rick's defensive system is as wonderfull as you do. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good system but I prefer Dick Harters defenseive schemes to Rick's.

I'm going to get to Rick soon but for now I just say that while his system is good it is not without flaws.

Unclebuck
05-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Look at our bench...

You had some decent players over there, but if a coach doesn't play them consistantly throughout the season, then they become ineffective. Carlisle seemed to have gotten a lot of Corliss, but Adelman never played him.

Unclebuck
05-08-2006, 08:29 AM
I think a lot of coach's pay lip service to "playing defense".

What coach, other than Zeke, would come in & say that defense wasn't going to be the focus of his team. It's just become the en vogue thing to say.

Look I don't know Adelman from crap when it comes to coaching but all I can ask you is this.

Could his soft practices, soft training camp & country club atmosphere be any worse than what we have gotten with Rick?

To the best of my knowledge I don't remember any former or current Kings saying they could not stand to play in his system or for him personally.

The same cannot be said for Rick both Indiana & Detroit players have made statments that they either did not like his system or him personally.

I just don't think Rick's defensive system is as wonderfull as you do. Don't get me wrong I think it's a good system but I prefer Dick Harters defenseive schemes to Rick's.

I'm going to get to Rick soon but for now I just say that while his system is good it is not without flaws.

I liked the defensive system under Mike Brown more than this past season. This season it wasn't as aggressive, it was a little more vanilla. The players did defend as hard as they had in past years. But the Pacers finished 5th in defensive FG% and with this group that is exclellent coaching.

Good defensive teams are made in training camp when habbits are formed and coaches have time to practice defense full speed and all out.

The system that you refer to players not liking is the offensive system not defensive system.

Certainly Carlisle's practices and the atmosphere he creates is not JVG or Pat Riley, but in normal situations I don't think Carlisle has soft practices, they must work on defense. Practices during the season must be short, but I think they still need to be intense and the players bneed to go hard.

Anxiety
05-08-2006, 08:40 AM
To all of you wanting Mike Bibby: WTF?

Mike Bibby may be the worst defensive point gaurd in the NBA. That would kill our team, and is the major reason that I'm not as rosy about the King's future as everyone else. Did no one else see the difference between Tony Parker's play against the Kings and his play in the Mavs game yesterday?

We could use him as a pilon during practice...his defensive skills seem to be on the same level.

Fool
05-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Carlisle's offensive system is a defensive system.

Shade
05-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Just curious. Is there a trade out there that would put Brad Miller back in a Pacers uni, and would Pacers fans want that? Brad did play at a much higher level alongside JO, and has said he wants to come back to Indy. I imagine we would need to send a center back in return. How about Foster and a re-signed Fred Jones and Scot Pollard for Miller?

Robertmto
05-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Just curious. Is there a trade out there that would put Brad Miller back in a Pacers uni, and would Pacers fans want that? Brad did play at a much higher level alongside JO, and has said he wants to come back to Indy. I imagine we would need to send a center back in return. How about Foster and a re-signed Fred Jones and Scot Pollard for Miller?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Sacramento Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kevin Martin
6-7 SG from Western Carolina
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -2.1 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Indiana Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kevin Martin
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_s>Successful Scenario</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_s>Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hicks
05-08-2006, 04:26 PM
You're funny.

By the way, trade proposals belong on the Trade board, not the main Pacers board.

Young
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM

I wouldn't be to thrilled about getting Brad back.

- To much money is the main thing.

I'd rather just get a less expensive durable center who defends and rebounds to play alongside JO.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 05:55 PM
Two things:

1) The Kings have a bright future? Does that mean they're smart enough to trade Artest while his value is relatively high? That's their only hope for a bright future. And he probably has some trade value now. If they keep him, they'll lie awake at night to the sounds of tick, tick, tick, tick...

2) UncleBuck, the name of the game on defense is to make your opponents take the shots you want them to take, not the shots they want to take.

Helter-skelter defense can be quite good at that, with the right players. In fact, that's what I'd describe the 1980s Lakers defense as. They convinced their opponents to take long jumper early in the shotclock, then they grabbed long rebounds, and got out and ran. But they did sag in and defend the paint - they weren't giving up high percentage shots or if an opponent got a high percentage shot they had to work really hard for it AND have the discipline to pass up a few low percentage shots that were available along the way.

In fact, early in the season (when Tinsley, Jackson, Jones, and Artest appeared to be dead-set on waging the ball-hogging war to end all wars) I thought that would be the best way to defend against the Pacers.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 05:58 PM
One other thing I don't like about Adelman that I forgot to mention, he plays his starters way too many minutes.

Yet you like coaches that coach the regular season like its the playoffs (then have teams that can't raise their games for the playoffs.)

:confused:

bulletproof
05-08-2006, 06:17 PM
The Kings have a bright future? Does that mean they're smart enough to trade Artest while his value is relatively high? That's their only hope for a bright future. And he probably has some trade value now. If they keep him, they'll lie awake at night to the sounds of tick, tick, tick, tick...

It's probably too late. They probably already feel like they can't win a championship without him.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Suckers!!!

Unclebuck
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Yet you like coaches that coach the regular season like its the playoffs (then have teams that can't raise their games for the playoffs.)

:confused:

Good point and I'm glad you asked.

Carlisle plays a playoff style during the regular season. But he doesn't use a playoff rotation during the regular season.

And I agree with both of those approaches.

Hope that makes sense, I could elaborate, but I don't think I need to

SjA3837
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/290596.html

May 8, 2006 8:12pm ET
Artest Makes Gallant Offer

The Maloofs might make this some sort of binding verbal agreement," writes Joe Davidson of the SACRAMENTO BEE. "Ron Artest claims he would play next season free of charge if the Kings bring back coach Rick Adelman and bruise brother Bonzi Wells."

SycamoreKen
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Will Adelman, Wells be part of Kings' promising future?

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
May 6, 2006

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- A whole new window is open now, thanks to Ron Artest -- and he's determined to push his team through it.

I'm I the only one that had visions of that window being on the top floor of the Sears Tower?

Aa fo those of you pressing for Bibby, forget his horrible defense. How about the bone head plays he made to coast his team at least 2 wins? He helped blow game 2 and killed them again in game 5. I've had enough of dumb play.

Downtown Threat
05-09-2006, 02:25 AM
You had some decent players over there, but if a coach doesn't play them consistantly throughout the season, then they become ineffective. Carlisle seemed to have gotten a lot of Corliss, but Adelman never played him.
Thats more to do with the age factor than anything else. Corliss won the 6th man award at least a couple of years ago. He is no sping chicken.

I am hoping that we re-sign both Bonzi and Adelman. We need to keep those 2 and add some other pieces to the mix to make us strong. Are you guys interested in Kenny Thomas by any chance? :D

Downtown Threat
05-09-2006, 02:30 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Sacramento Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kevin Martin
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -2.1 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_bl>Indiana Trade Breakdown</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_bl_np width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Outgoing</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kevin Martin
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="80%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=title_s>Successful Scenario</TD></TR><TR><TD class=body_s>Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Why don't we throw Wells in as well :rolleyes:

Kingsfanbmiller
05-09-2006, 05:29 AM
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: -2.1 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_dt colSpan=2>Incoming</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Kevin Martin
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=75>http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</TD><TD class=tdpad vAlign=top width=425>Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=title_gr colSpan=2>Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Apparently you've forgot that the kings GM is Geoff Petrie and not Isiah Thomas?

bulletproof
05-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Your sarcasm meters must be on the fritz.

ChicagoJ
05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Good point and I'm glad you asked.

Carlisle plays a playoff style during the regular season. But he doesn't use a playoff rotation during the regular season.

And I agree with both of those approaches.

Hope that makes sense, I could elaborate, but I don't think I need to

Okay - I was actually concerned that you were saying that you didn't like rotations to be shortened during the playoffs.

I'd say I agree with you here, but the purple people eater just reminded us why we should always agree to disagree.

vapacersfan
05-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Your sarcasm meters must be on the fritz.

The scary part is this guy is not being sarcastc, he is serious.....

piksi
05-09-2006, 11:00 AM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Sacramento Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Outgoing</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Kevin Martin
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Incoming</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_gr" colspan="2">Change in team outlook: -2.1 ppg, -5.5 rpg, and -0.3 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tbody><tr><td class="title_bl">Indiana Trade Breakdown</td></tr><tr><td class="body_bl_np" width="100%"><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Outgoing</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jasikevicius_Sarunas_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Sarunas Jasikevicius
6-4 SG from Maryland
7.3 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.0 apg in 20.8 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Jackson_Stephen_ind.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Stephen Jackson
16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_dt" colspan="2">Incoming</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Martin_Kevin_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Kevin Martin
10.8 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.6 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="75">http://www1.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/profiles/photos/2006/Miller_Brad_sac.jpg</td><td class="tdpad" valign="top" width="425">Brad Miller
7-0 C from Purdue
15.0 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 4.7 apg in 37.0 minutes</td></tr><tr><td class="title_gr" colspan="2">Change in team outlook: +2.1 ppg, +5.5 rpg, and +0.3 apg.</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="80%"><tbody><tr><td class="title_s">Successful Scenario</td></tr><tr><td class="body_s">Due to Sacramento and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Sacramento and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.</td></tr></tbody></table>

funny:D