PDA

View Full Version : Lebron: "Arenas is a F-ing wimp."

Kstat
05-07-2006, 03:21 AM
Let me say that I like Lebron twice as much as I did before reading this. That kid has to develop a mean streak sooner or later....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/06/AR2006050601306.html

Heart of Wizards' Problem Is That They Have None

By Michael Wilbon
Sunday, May 7, 2006; Page E01

We know what to make of LeBron James now, but not entirely what to make of the Washington Wizards in the agony of their defeat.

The playoffs, in any professional sport, are a cold-blooded affair, and James appears perfectly suited to the occasion -- from making the plays a winner makes to issuing personal challenges. You really don't know what players and teams are made of until they're put to the test of the postseason.

What we might have been forced to conclude after watching the Cavaliers eliminate the Wizards, four games to two, is that Washington has a nice team with some highly-skilled players while Cleveland, in James, has a kid with a competitive heartlessness that is required of most champions.

The defining moment of the Wizards-Cavaliers series might have occurred late in overtime of Friday night's Game 6 when James, only 21, walked up to Washington's Gilbert Arenas while the Wizards were still leading by a point and said, "If you miss both of those free throws, the game is over."

There are only a handful of players bold enough to do what James did at that moment, which is to call out an all-star playing at home, standing on the foul line with the game in his hands, moments after sending the game into overtime with a remarkable play of his own.

It's a short list, really, at least over the past 25 years. We're talking about Larry Bird and Michael Jordan above everybody else. Magic Johnson might have thought it, but never would have said it, and if so only with a smile. James wasn't just talking smack; he issued a dare of sorts.

During a very similar moment in the NBA Finals nearly 10 years ago, Chicago's Scottie Pippen walked up to Karl Malone before the first of two free throws and said, "The Mailman doesn't deliver on Sundays." Malone, not coincidentally in most minds, missed two free throws and Utah lost a razor-close game. Pippen already had four championship rings by then but certainly was emboldened by the presence of Jordan on his team.

If the Cavaliers get blasted out of the playoffs in the next round by the Pistons, which is what most folks expect, it may turn out that James's bodacious behavior is reserved only for opponents he thinks he can chump. But perhaps it will turn out that James is simply a bad, bad man.

Of course, Arenas missed both free throws.

James walked back to the bench, and hundreds of people sitting nearby saw him wave his hand in front of his throat and say to his teammates that Arenas was a "[bleeping] wimp."

No, Arenas isn't anything close to that, and James will surely try to deny it, except that too many people looked right in his mouth when he said it.

But if Arenas is going to ascend to the point that he can lead a team into championship contention, he's going to have to hit those two free throws. In fact, as good as Arenas already is, he might need to be a touch more cold-blooded himself, if that sort of heartlessness can be acquired after the age of, oh, 12.

The Wizards had the kind of postseason that makes you want to hug them one moment and scream at them the next. It's an immensely likeable team, from Eddie Jordan through the end of the bench, filled with the kind of people folks find easy to root for. There's not a Darius Miles on the bench, thank God.

On the other hand, the Wizards gave away three games they should have won, making you wonder what you have to wonder at the end of such a heartbreaking series.

What do the Wizards have to do to get better, to at least be a serious contender for the conference championship?

All over the playgrounds of D.C., and wherever hard-core basketball is discussed, it's said matter-of-factly that the Wizards don't have the "dog" in them necessary to be a contender. Just like "bad" came to mean good, "dog" in today's jargon means "edge" or "ruthlessness."

James is ruthless.

The Wizards are not.

The temptation after the local team loses a series by dropping three one-point games, two after having 14-point leads, is to make radical changes. And almost always, as the Miami Heat may soon find out, that's an overreaction.

Ruthlessness or killer instinct or the ability to close -- whatever you want to call it -- usually isn't taught. But it can be acquired. President of Basketball Operations Ernie Grunfeld has always had a keen eye for talent. Well, heartlessness, as James demonstrated in his exaggerated and surely arrogant manner Friday night, is an asset, especially when the most talented player on the team has so much dog in him. Whether through trade or free agent signing or drafting some unknown kid from some faraway place, the men scouting for the Wizards will have to do their best to find one . . . or two. A personality transplant may not be necessary, but they do need somebody who can make opponents wince and teammates a little uncomfortable from time to time.

The last thing the Wizards need is a sea change, anything that even hints of starting over. We don't know if the close losses to Cleveland suggest the Wizards are close to a playoff breakthrough; the Cavaliers, after all, started the postseason as a neophyte when it comes to the playoffs. Arenas said Friday night as he exited the arena that he planned to show up and shoot hundreds of free throws Saturday. That's a nice first step for this team. In order to get even, perhaps the Wizards need to get angry and stay that way for a while.

Moses
05-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I wondered what he said to Arenas before those free throws. Smack-talking and dares are just another area to add into his offensive arsenal of weapons. If only he could play some defense...

05-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Let me say that I like Lebron twice as much as I did before reading this.

You mean, you LIKED Lebron twice as much as you did before reading this or you mean you LIKE him twice as much as you did AFTER reading this. Or you REALLY do LIKE Lebron twice as much as you did BEFORE even reading this? Or you LIKED that Lebron LIKED himself before LIKING you for LIKING Arenas or Lebron?? :disturbed

Fireball Kid
05-07-2006, 04:16 AM
I wondered what he said to Arenas before those free throws. Smack-talking and dares are just another area to add into his offensive arsenal of weapons. If only he could play some defense...

If you miss both of these free throws, the game is over.

Mourning
05-07-2006, 06:20 AM
With regards to the Wizards, I think they have a nice team, but they shot themselves in the foot in this series. They hurry there offense too much a lot of times. If you look at them they and what they should improve is not really adding a player (though they could definitely use a PF that has a good offensive move and can play some decent defense, so Jamison can switch back to SF), but really is beying more patient in their offensive scheme. They need to make more passes and post up more at times when the shot from outside is simply not falling. When they DO go inside with Jamison posting up or with Arenas or Daniels slashing to the basket or going baseline they either get the basket or the free throws, because these players are respected by the referees and opposing defenses know they usually won't be able to push them around like other lower profiel players without getting fouls.

Basically, I really like their team, but it needs to grow a little and maybe add a little inside presence (but what team, except Milwaukee and Detroit doesn't want to do this?).

Either way, I don't mind James's remarks. It's part of the game and the psycholigical "warfare" (if you want to call it that) in it. In fact it finally makes him look more human in that he's not a total innocent player or something.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Unclebuck
05-07-2006, 07:53 AM
I heard that Bron and Gil were pretty good friends

Shade
05-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Will LeBron be the wimp when the Pistons step on their throats?

FrenchConnection
05-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Will LeBron be the wimp when the Pistons step on their throats?

Now, that is the question! Something that Sheed has been playing this psychological game since LeBron was in diapers. Also, I think that Ron Ron could have called LeBron a wimp in Thanksgiving, and probably did and much worse.

bulletproof
05-07-2006, 10:03 AM
I like Arenas much more than James. Arenas is a cool mother—shut your mouth! Even if he did miss those FTs. LeBron's just goofy.

SwissExpress
05-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok, he's next to Jordan and Bird and above Magic Johnson... As if there's no another 50 or so players in today's NBA who are doing similar things during each game.

I like LeBron for almost everything he does except for making bball press more and more boring each day.

Kegboy
05-07-2006, 10:41 AM
My opinion of Arenas goes down a little bit every time I see him play. He's immensely talented, but he just doesn't seem to have what it takes mentally to be a premier player.

As for the Wizards, they don't need to be "ruthless", they just need to learn how to play ****ing defense. :shakehead

vapacersfan
05-07-2006, 11:29 AM
My friends and I had a big debate over if that should have been a tech with Lebron taunting Gill like that.

Of course Gill played it down and said they were both tight, but by NBA rules what Lebron (and Scottie) did was taunting, Lebron just did it in a much more open enviroment. But we all know the NBA would not dare t up its gold child.

As for the Wiz, I think Gill just plain missed those ft's. Players taunt all the time in crunch time, it's not quite as obvious as the way Bron did it. Most players just yell at the guy at the line, playing mind games w/ him, etc. Players also do it in passing, when they go from positioning in the key at the FT then going back out to the 3pt circle in passing the person shooting the FT's. It happens all the time, it's just not as noticable as the way Bron did it. Arenas is a great shooter, I'm sure whatever Bron said didn't phase him one bit, he just happened to miss the FT's, it happens to the best of them.

Jaydawg2270
05-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Lebron was really saying pimp

Robertmto
05-07-2006, 01:37 PM
***** LBJ, ***** the Cavs, and I can't wait until Rip and company torch the Cavs by 20 every game. LeBron is nowhere near MJ - there will never be another MJ nd Gilbert is twice the player that LBJ is. If LeBron was on a real team, with players who were brave enuff to ask for the ball and force him to not be the "Cleveland Dictator" he wouldn't average what he does. The team and organization are run by a 21 year old. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk...

OnlyPacersLeft
05-07-2006, 02:00 PM
how dirty is that? and that's funny that he tryed being pippen esque on that...I always thought jordan said the line "mailman doesn't deliver on sundays..." but guess not...
damn that sucks. I hate lebron...I can't wait for lebron to get punked by the pistons.

vapacersfan
05-07-2006, 02:01 PM
***** LBJ, ***** the Cavs, and I can't wait until Rip and company torch the Cavs by 20 every game. LeBron is nowhere near MJ - there will never be another MJ nd Gilbert is twice the player that LBJ is. If LeBron was on a real team, with players who were brave enuff to ask for the ball and force him to not be the "Cleveland Dictator" he wouldn't average what he does. The team and organization are run by a 21 year old. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk...

NO! Not even close.

Robertmto
05-07-2006, 02:01 PM
how dirty is that? and that's funny that he tryed being pippen esque on that...I always thought jordan said the line "mailman doesn't deliver on sundays..." but guess not...
damn that sucks. I hate lebron...I can't wait for lebron to get punked by the pistons.

Agreed

circlecitysportsfan
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM

U MAD DOGGY?

Mourning
05-07-2006, 02:09 PM
U MAD DOGGY?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Moses
05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
No.

Not a chance.

efx
05-07-2006, 02:39 PM

This outburst of inanity obviously has nothing to do with your team being soundly beaten the Cavs now does it? It seems to me LBJ did everything he needed to do to beat the Wiz.

Twice the player? Keep dreaming dude.

Natston
05-07-2006, 02:40 PM
how dirty is that? and that's funny that he tryed being pippen esque on that...I always thought jordan said the line "mailman doesn't deliver on sundays..."

I thought it was Rodman who said that...

Lord Helmet
05-07-2006, 02:49 PM
U MAD DOGGY?
I think so....:laugh:

Big Smooth
05-07-2006, 03:37 PM

Um, no.

Lebron has great all around game and gets his teammates involved. Sounds like jealousy to me. ;)

The Wizards need to learn to play defense.

rexnom
05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Wow...gotta agree with KStat on this one, I like LeBron more now. If only he can stop chewing his damn nails...

Kegboy
05-07-2006, 04:15 PM

:grinno:

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Lebron is a child, a 21 year old child. Getting cocky in your first round playoff series ever isn't very impressive. I'm no witness.

Jermaniac
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Scoring 35 ppg in your first playoff series is very impressive, Lebron has the right to talk all the **** he wants.

Robertmto
05-07-2006, 05:19 PM
No i'm not jealous of the Cavs beating the Wiz. Yes i'm jealous that LBJ can take 5 steps and not get called for traveling. I also am not a witness. LeBron will see what a complete team is like in this series. Beating the defense-less Wizards is nothing. Beat the Pistons and I will admit he is good.

BTW - Wizards will get some defense over the off-season and demolish the Cavs next year!!!

Anthem
05-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow. Detroit up 30 after 3 quarters, and LaBron is getting outscored by T.Prince.

This will be ugly.

EDIT: That's crazy. Pistons are 12-14 from three.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Jeez, Lebron only scored 22 today, he must be an f'n wimp.

SoThenRobbieSaid
05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Hmm...the Wizards have been my second favorite team for a while, and I generally enjoy watching them play when I get a chance. I think Butler will turn out to be more than Hughes was, so we'll have to see how that goes.

As far as LB calling out Arenas, I don't know what I think of it. First of all, yes, LeBron will be an amazing player, and I think we all realize that he really has the potential, as well as the needed tools & skills, to dominate this game for a long time to come. As far as the mental edge, I don't know if I'd go that far. Gilbert Arenas is one of the best players in the league, and incredibly dynamic. I guess it just makes me mad because Gilbert went from a second round pick to being an All-Star, and possible All-NBA player. He really worked his butt off to get where he is, and I generally root for those types of players (see; Jeff Foster, Anthony Johnson). I would rather have Arenas at the line than LeBron any day, and I'd much rather have Gilbert taking the last shot.
I didn't think players were allowed to do that, but maybe that's just a sign that LeBron has developed / is developing that killer's edge he needs. My problem doesn't come with what he said to GA, but if you're going to call out a player, on his home floor, that stuff comes back to bite. Besides, I don't care if he did dominate a first-round series, until he's got a ring, that kind of stuff doesn't mean anything.

And, on a side note, I think LeBron was just picking up frequent flyer miles with all the traveling he was doing, but that's neither here nor there.

Finally, watch Cool Runnings. You'll love it.

Robertmto
05-07-2006, 09:01 PM
Hmm...the Wizards have been my second favorite team for a while, and I generally enjoy watching them play when I get a chance. I think Butler will turn out to be more than Hughes was, so we'll have to see how that goes. And, on a side note, I think LeBron was just picking up frequent flyer miles with all the traveling he was doing, but that's neither here nor there.

I agree with all!!! Except the Wiz are my First fav!

Hicks
05-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't respect him for saying that at all.

Sollozzo
05-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Before fans here jump on him for saying that, they need to realize they rooted for Reggie Miller, one of the biggest trash talkers ever. I'm sure Reggie said stuff like this a million times. Read his book, he talked non stop.

No one likes a ***** talker when they're an opponent, but everyone loves them when they're on their favorite team.

Jermaniac
05-07-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't respect him for saying that at all.lmao, I bet you dont respect half the damn league then. Just because Lebron got caught saying it, a whole lot of these guys talk ****, they are not in church praying, they are playing a sport. Dont respect him smfh.

efx
05-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Before fans here jump on him for saying that, they need to realize they rooted for Reggie Miller, one of the biggest trash talkers ever. I'm sure Reggie said stuff like this a million times. Read his book, he talked non stop.

No one likes a ***** talker when they're an opponent, but everyone loves them when they're on their favorite team.

QFT :)

Hicks
05-07-2006, 10:26 PM
lmao, I bet you dont respect half the damn league then.
Pretty much, no.

Just because Lebron got caught saying it, a whole lot of these guys talk ****, they are not in church praying, they are playing a sport. Dont respect him smfh.
Trust me, I could care less about being in church or not. I just think it's classless.

So because I was a fan of Reggie I have to love the bad things he did too? I don't.

vapacersfan
05-07-2006, 10:28 PM

First of all, just because people are Reggie fans that does not mean they support everything he did.

Secondly, I did mind som egood natured trash talk. But when it is as blatent as it was, and when the rule book clearly states that "taunting" is a violating, I think its dumb.

Sollozzo
05-07-2006, 10:32 PM
So because I was a fan of Reggie I have to love the bad things he did too? I don't.

I wasn't singling you out at all, I was talking about fans in general. Honestly, how many of us are THAT bothered by anything Reggie ever said? When a player is on your team, you tend not to care as much.

SamBear
05-07-2006, 10:50 PM
What a ****ing loser... yeah he's a loser... all bad sportsmen are... :rolleyes:

05-08-2006, 04:39 AM

Well, he couldnt play well if nobody hated him, he fed of that "hating energy" by fans and by opponents when he used his "psychological warfare". :) I dont know if Lebron is like that, or he just like to trashtalk sometimes.

Who i think was the biggest trashtalker ever was MJ, he said things like "I am going to shoot a jumper over you and you are to fat to stop me", "I am going to do a crossover to left and then dunk over your teammates", "You cant stop me, You cant stop me, To slow, To slow", "You are weak" stuff like that. He talked 24 / 7 :). Its a part of the game!

Air23
05-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Scoring 35 ppg in your first playoff series is very impressive, Lebron has the right to talk all the **** he wants.

Not after that *sswhiping he took yesterday.:laugh:

Since86
05-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Wow. Detroit up 30 after 3 quarters, and LaBron is getting outscored by T.Prince.

This will be ugly.

EDIT: That's crazy. Pistons are 12-14 from three.

I know it's minor, but for some reason spelling his name with an 'a' bothers the hell out of me.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Secondly, I did mind som egood natured trash talk. But when it is as blatent as it was, and when the rule book clearly states that "taunting" is a violating, I think its dumb.

Care to translate that to English? ;)

How did "trash-talking" become taunting?

LBJ said a few words as he passed GA at the FT line.

To reproach in a mocking, insulting, or contemptuous manner. See Synonyms at ridicule (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ridicule).

adj : abusing vocally; expressing contempt or ridicule; "derisive laughter"; "a jeering crowd"; "her mocking smile"; "taunting shouts of `coward' and `sissy'" [syn: derisive (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=derisive), gibelike (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gibelike), jeering (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=jeering), mocking (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mocking)] n : aggravation by deriding or mocking or criticizing

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=taunting

Man, if two players can't exchange some mean insults in the heat of the battle, what has this league come to.

Next thing you know, you'll get players hugging and embracing, maybe even playing a game of grab-*** or writhing around on the court together.

C'mon, lets get back to playing the game with a mean streak. No reason for everybody in the NBA to be friends.

vapacersfan
05-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Care to translate that to English? ;)

How did "trash-talking" become taunting?

LBJ said a few words as he passed GA at the FT line.

Man, if two players can't exchange some mean insults in the heat of the battle, what has this league come to.

Next thing you know, you'll get players hugging and embracing, maybe even playing a game of grab-*** or writhing around on the court together.

C'mon, lets get back to playing the game with a mean streak. No reason for everybody in the NBA to be friends.

Sorry about the typos.

As for your point, I dont agree with a word of it.

I dont mind with you not liking your oponent, and I sure as hell dont want to see any more hugging on the court.

But the NBA forced Mutombo to wave his finger at the crowd after a block cause he kept getting t'd up if he did in to a player, yet when Gill has a crucial free throw Lebron is allowed to walk up to him and talk **** to him in his hear, not only in front of his teammates, but right in front of the refs, and the whole f'ing world for that matter.

I am willing to be if any one not named "Lebron" did that they would be t'd up, but with the star system we have its ok for one to do it as long as he is a "star".

I didnt lose any sleep over it, I care about these teams as much as I care about my ex-girlfriend. I just think if the NBA is going to try to pretend to call the games evenly, the least they can do is make that blatent call.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Mutumbo (Mr. no-class) would wag that finger to humiliate his opponents. That was taunting.

This is just trash talking. Nothing more, nothing less. There's no taunting.

This is the equivalent of me sending you a PM that says, "You spell like a third grader."

If I were to taunt you, on the other hand, I'd start a new thread that says, "VA spells like a third grader." :flirt:

There is a big difference. And it doesn't matter if you agree with a word of it or not. The trash talking you've attempted to define as "taunting" is not, by any reasonably accepted definition, "taunting."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/events/1997/magpreview/trashdance.html

Organizations like the IHSAA, CIF, etc. have taken steps to eliminate *both* trash talking and taunting. If there are two different problems, it is important to know the difference.

vapacersfan
05-08-2006, 05:18 PM
taunt<sup>1</sup> http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3 Fq%3Dtaunting) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (tônt)
tr.v. taunt·ed, taunt·ing, taunts
To reproach in a mocking, insulting, or contemptuous manner. See Synonyms at ridicule (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=ridicule).
To drive or incite (a person) by taunting.

You mean to tell me who was not trying to incite him. He was trying to provoke him, hoping to get under his skins so that he would miss both of them.

So yes, it is still taunting. And you'r right, it doesnt matter if I agree with a word of it or not. But its my opinion.

ChicagoJ
05-08-2006, 05:28 PM
He wasn't taunting him, he was talking to him.

It doesn't say to drive or incite a person by saying mean things directly to them when nobody else can possibly hear a word he's said.

Had LeBron walked up to him and done this: :loser: , then we'd be talking about taunting.

Arcadian
05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Just more 'Bron hype. Is it going to go in the record books as youngest player to talk trash? Nothing new. Nothing unique.

Anthem
05-08-2006, 05:50 PM
This is the equivalent of me sending you a PM that says, "You spell like a third grader."
I'm still mad about that, by the way.

Kstat
05-08-2006, 05:52 PM
I would think the wedgie had to have hurt more.....

Kstat
05-08-2006, 06:30 PM
Hey LeBron....how's this for trash-talking.....

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/pc-davis/Pistons/WeAreAllWitnesses.jpg

DisplacedKnick
05-08-2006, 06:43 PM
To be fair, on that play Lebron had to shoot like my sister after picking up the ball around his ankles - it was that or fall out of bounds. If he'd been able to gather himself Prince might've found himself halfway through the basket.

As for Lebron - if he just said that, it's pretty much trash talking and it goes on all the time. If he actually put his hands on him it's a bit different IMO.

I'm not a huge fan of all the trash talking because some players let that take away from their game, but it is what it is. Maybe I'm not a fan because in HS I didn't partake much. Didn't go on much in HS but in AAU there was quite a bit. Or maybe it's because I never had a very good comeback - I could just see this exchange.

Him: You're slow

Me: Yeah - I am

Him: You can't jump for crap either - what's that - a 8 inch vertical?

Me: About 7 actually. My girlfriend says 5 but what does she know?

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
I love it Kstat! Sweetness. For once I like seeing Prince block a shot! ;)

Looks like Lebron is getting pimped again tonight... only 7 points in the first half?

I hope the Cavs get swept.

GO!!!!!
05-09-2006, 08:33 PM
I like the Karl Malone one because it was a classic for the ages and in the NBA Finals it's different...

Lebron was trying to be cute... to bad half the world saw what he said, Miller Trash talked a million times but he was half descrete about it...

The Hype should be Bron's new nick...

Kstat
05-10-2006, 01:52 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/pc-davis/Pistons/WeAreAllWitnesses2.jpg

Since86
05-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Where's the Kstat-o-meter when you need it?

No one in their right mind believed Cleveland had a shot, and that includes their players, but yet you AGAIN post another picture depicting the samething as last time.

We get it. The Cavs aren't in the same category as the Pistons. We know.

With that said, LeBron, as a player and not his team, will be better than every single Piston player on that roster.

Here's a pretty good Scoop Jackson article even using your fatuation with the witness line.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/060509

Kstat
05-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Oh, I'm just throwing LeBron's good-natured trash talk back at him.....

Since86
05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh, I'm just throwing LeBron's good-natured trash talk back at him.....

You aren't throwing anything at him.

I doubt he logs on and sees your posts, or would even think twice about it even if he did.

He's a top 5 player in the NBA at the ripe age of twenty freaking one, in his first ever playoff season. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

Sollozzo
05-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Lebron's career will be just like Jordan's. He'll continue to put up unbelivable stats in his early seasons like MJ did, but will get bounced in the playoffs by more complete teams.

Eventually the Pistons and Spurs reigns will be done, and when they are, it's going to be Lebron's league. This guy is going to win multiple championships in his career.

Kstat
05-10-2006, 07:03 PM
Agree %100 with everything above.

But for now, I'm going to give LeBron the same treatment I gave Jordan.

Wait...I still cant stand Jordan. Bad Comparison I guess.

In either case, LeBron loves to fancy and promote himself as the second coming, and I don't mind it really. But I sure am not going to pull any punches because he's a good kid....

It was his own fault for letting Nike put the "we are all witnesses" ads out there...that was just begging for retaliation.

Sollozzo
05-10-2006, 08:14 PM
True, there's no doubt he promotes the hell out of himself. Just wearing 23 is a statement to letting everyone know that he thinks he's the "second coming of MJ"

Robertmto
05-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I am a witness. To the raping of the Cavs that is! The Pistons are baptising em!!!!

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-11-2006, 04:03 AM
Agree %100 with everything above.

But for now, I'm going to give LeBron the same treatment I gave Jordan.

Wait...I still cant stand Jordan. Bad Comparison I guess.

In either case, LeBron loves to fancy and promote himself as the second coming, and I don't mind it really. But I sure am not going to pull any punches because he's a good kid....

It was his own fault for letting Nike put the "we are all witnesses" ads out there...that was just begging for retaliation.

Good points Kstat.

Those ads alone are enough to inflate his ego beyond reason. He must really believe he is the second coming - of God himself. :rolleyes:

SwissExpress
05-11-2006, 08:14 AM
You aren't throwing anything at him.

I doubt he logs on and sees your posts, or would even think twice about it even if he did.

He's a top 5 player in the NBA at the ripe age of twenty freaking one, in his first ever playoff season. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

I like those pictures. I'd like to see see some more of them:)

Kstat
05-11-2006, 09:38 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e26/pc-davis/Pistons/WitnessThis.jpg

317Kim
05-11-2006, 05:03 PM
:laugh: All those pictures are hilarious Kstat!

I am now a witness.

GO!!!!!
05-11-2006, 07:02 PM
if anything will we see the largest indiviual contract handed to an NBA Player in a few years.... of 25+ Million

Poor KG, and he wanted to be the first african american sporting billionare...

I think his contract will be in between 15-20 Mill for the rest of his life with endorsments and third party deals making him worth more...

Kstat
05-11-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.madrabbit.net/temp/pistons/leggs-dj.jpg

Believe_in_blue
05-12-2006, 12:58 PM
At lest LeBron will look good while getting swept.

Robertmto
05-13-2006, 01:12 AM
At lest LeBron will look good while getting swept.

LeBron looks good right now????

Since86
05-16-2006, 09:38 AM
:bump:

Can I get a witness?

Stryder
05-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Did Lebron say that after he took 6 steps and scored a game winning shot?

Since86
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Did Lebron say that after he took 6 steps and scored a game winning shot?

You forgot to add the 's' on the end of shot, and probably.

Should players be made to dribble the ball when they're stepping up to the FT line, or have to recieve the ball and shoot where they catch it?

Shade
05-16-2006, 11:14 AM

Can I get a witness?

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/9205/sheedwitness8dp.jpg

LeBroWn3D!

Will Galen
05-16-2006, 01:06 PM

Should players be made to dribble the ball when they're stepping up to the FT line, or have to recieve the ball and shoot where they catch it?

Neither, do like they do now.

Will Galen
05-16-2006, 01:21 PM
if anything will we see the largest indiviual contract handed to an NBA Player in a few years.... of 25+ Million

MJ's NBA salary was 33 million one year.

With the CBA the NBA has now Lebron will just be one of many players making the max.

Stryder
05-16-2006, 01:59 PM

I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but did you miss the travel-seen-round the world?

Since86
05-17-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm not sure if you're being facetious, but did you miss the travel-seen-round the world?

I saw it, but I'm not going to crucify the man for not making the ref blow his whistle either. It's not his fault it wasn't called, and I could careless if you say it wasn't because it was LeBron who made the move. A ref has the simple choice of either making the call, or not, and it's his decision alone.

I was only alluding to the fact that it was tied at 72s, and he hit two FTs to push the game to it's final score.

Since86
05-18-2006, 09:49 AM