PDA

View Full Version : More from Vescey on NBATV Friday night

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 10:04 PM
He didn't say much that we haven't already discussed as possibilities. Let me first say it doesn't sound like he had any new hot inside info. He was just commenting and giving his thoughts. In other words, "he wasn't reporting" this and that.

I always hope others saw this so we get a couple of perspectives.

He said DW and LB aren't happy with any aspect of the team right now except maybe Granger.

Tinsley might be traded

Jackson might be traded.

J.O might be traded, he compared J.O. to Gasol as players who can only take you so far. But he said that if J.O is traded, you might take two steps back for a couple of seasons before moving forward.

He then said the coaching staff might experience a shakeup, maybe an assistant coach or two, and right then he said "or even" and he raised his eye brows ... but then he was cut off by stupid Andre Aldridge, so I don't know what he was about to say. I think he was about to say even Rick Carlisle, but we'll never know. Thanks AA.

I wanted AA to ask him about the relationship between the head coach and players. But he didn't

But lets take this at face value.

I'm 100% convinced of one thing. If DW and LB go to Rick and say he needs to replace Kevin O'Neill, Rick will quit, no doubt in my mind about that. He won't throw him overboard. Now if they want him to change Dan, Chuck or Chad, Rick might agree to that.

Jermaniac
05-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Lets pray that he quits, lets just get in a circle and all pray.

Roy Munson
05-05-2006, 11:32 PM
Lets pray that he quits, lets just get in a circle and all pray.

The first thing we should pray about is that Isiah Thomas really really wants JO to be a Knick and is willing to do something stupid to get him.

Jermaniac
05-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Why would you pray for something stupid like that.

Anthem
05-06-2006, 12:27 AM
The first thing we should pray about is that Isiah Thomas really really wants JO to be a Knick and is willing to do something stupid to get him.
I can't even imagine what kind of deal would be necessary before I'd consider dealing JO to the Knicks. Especially when he'd immediately get better by being reunited with Aguirre.

I.Thomas has some problems, but the man knows to get coaches for his big men. And those coaches are frontcourt coaches, not shooters. No offense to the object of Jay's affection, but I don't want my PF having great shooting form. I want him to slam the ball.

OnlyPacersLeft
05-06-2006, 12:50 AM
JO needs to stay damnit! everyone else (cept AJ,Granger) can bounce!@

Kegboy
05-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I'm 100% convinced of one thing. If DW and LB go to Rick and say he needs to replace Kevin O'Neill, Rick will quit, no doubt in my mind about that. He won't throw him overboard.

No, that already happened with Mora. I'm not so lucky to see that happen twice in my lifetime.

Bball
05-06-2006, 12:52 PM

Is Isiah willing to partner up with another team to make it happen? If so... give him a call and see what transpires. I don't want to trade JO away for table scraps but I think we'd be fools not to see what might be in the oven cooking.

-Bball