PDA

View Full Version : The next generation of NBA coaches

Young
05-05-2006, 06:27 PM
Who do you guys see as the next generation of coaches in the NBA?

Guys off the top of my head:

- Derrick Mckey: He had a nice game. He was a good defender, smart shooter and a decent passer. Team orianted guy. I think that he has a good personality too. I could easily see him being a head coach someday.

- Mark Jackson: Great basketball knowledge and add the leadership he displayed on the court in his playing days and I think he has got what it takes to be a coach.

Others: Jeff Hornacek, Dan Majerle, and Sam Cassell.

mulisha
05-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Brian Shaw

DrBadd01
05-05-2006, 06:53 PM
John Stockton

abington
05-05-2006, 06:56 PM
reggie miller

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 07:02 PM
What are we just naming ex and current players. None of those guys except maybe Jackson are even possible coaching material

DrBadd01
05-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Uncle Buck

BillS
05-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Uncle Buck

I think Uncle Buck concentrates too much on fundamental, playoff-style basketball and would never let the guys play the free-flowing, fun, street style they love so much. I say no way.

grace
05-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Who do you guys see as the next generation of coaches in the NBA?

Guys off the top of my head:

- Derrick Mckey: He had a nice game. He was a good defender, smart shooter and a decent passer. Team oriented guy. I think that he has a good personality too. I could easily see him being a head coach someday.

- Mark Jackson: Great basketball knowledge and add the leadership he displayed on the court in his playing days and I think he has got what it takes to be a coach.

Others: Jeff Hornacek, Dan Majerle, and Sam Cassell.

Off the top of my head:

Derrick McKey: I love him, but I don't see him coaching in the NBA. Well, maybe an assistant coach, but not a head coach. Not with his personality.

Mark Jackson: I thought he knew something about basketball until I've listened to his commentary. Rarely do I agree with anything he says.

Dan Majerle: That one I can actually believe. Don't know how well he'd do, but he's not hard on the eyes of the females who might be in attendance.

Sam Cassell: If given a coaching job he will set the record for technicals/ejections in a season. The man has never committed a foul in his life (in his opinion at least).

grace
05-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Uncle Buck

Kegboy

Natston
05-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Kegboy

Btowncolt and Btownpacer as his Assistant coach

05-06-2006, 02:34 AM
Reggie Miller

wooolus
05-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Tony Dungy

Kegboy
05-06-2006, 08:36 AM
If McKey wanted to coach, he would have joined Larry Brown's staff in Philly the second they cut him.

I'm going through players in my head. I can think of guys that could coach, but not necessarily in the NBA. For example, Cabbage will most definitely coach, but undoubtedly overseas. Eric Williams. Eric Snow. Steve Blake. Kevin Willis. Half the Bulls roster. Both Berry's. Chucky Atkins. David Wesley. Brevin Knight, there's a guy who'll be really, really good. Luke Ridnour. Eddie Jones.

Unclebuck
05-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I think Eric Snow will make an excellent coach someday.

grace
05-06-2006, 12:48 PM
Tony Dungy

Rumor has it he's supposed to be the next NFL commissioner.