PDA

View Full Version : Interesting perspective from a Nets fan about the Pacers

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 01:50 PM
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147611

It's obvious what will be written about the Pacers from here on in; the crazy season, the way they underacheived---how they are a team of parts that just don't fit together. For right now, I hope that Pacer fans can throw all of that away and look at the smaller picture instead of the enormous one. The Pacers, one of the most undermanned playoff teams EVER played one hell of a playoff series and should be respected for their incredible effort. Rick Carlisle was brilliant; the way he had that team stay in EVERY game without any excuses for what was missing from the court is just amazing. If I wasn't a Nets fan and just happened to be watching this series objectively I would've been rooting for Indiana, no doubt. Give them credit for the way they played---they could've won this series and with what they had available that's really saying a lot.

Tons of respect from this Nets fan.

ajbry
05-05-2006, 01:54 PM
And that helps us... how?

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 01:57 PM
And that helps us... how?

I didn't post it to help anyone, I just thought it was interesting

Mourning
05-05-2006, 01:58 PM
It's not meant as a "help", but as a token of respect for the way our team as maligned as it has been has played this series.

mugsy27
05-05-2006, 02:07 PM
he lost me at "rick carslyle was brilliant, as usual".

heywoode
05-05-2006, 02:52 PM
I liked reading it, but I thought our showing in this series had more to do with how overrated the Nets are than how good we are, even when shorthanded.

We gave them all they could handle and we couldn't even put (or keep) our best talent on the floor.

Just my opinion...

jcouts
05-05-2006, 03:04 PM
the problem is, we're always undermanned...

ChicagoJ
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
he lost me at "rick carslyle was brilliant, as usual".

Clearly a ploy where - as a Nets fan - he's hoping the Pacers keep Rick. They know he's holding us back.

:stirthepo

Fool
05-05-2006, 03:46 PM
It might have been Dumars' best move.

Gamble
05-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Or was it Larry Bird? :annoyed:

Knucklehead Warrior
05-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Naw, he's just afraid we might trade tinman for Lawrence Frank. :D

Kegboy
05-06-2006, 07:20 AM
I take that as someone who thinks much more of his team than they actually are. He's trying to justify how we could possibly be competitive with them when we obviously suck so bad.

IOW, the Nets suck for letting us win a couple. The thing is, though, I can see them beating Miami too. Then get swept by Detroit by 40 a night.