PDA

View Full Version : Crow to eat, story to tell

Strany
05-05-2006, 07:17 AM
First for the crow. I have been a big critic of AJ since he has been here.
I just did not like all his one on one stuff, especially at end of quarters
and did not think he ran the team very well. AJ has made me a believer that he should be one of the few holdovers next year, and if they want to give him the starting nod, I'm ok with that also. By the way crow is pretty nasty.

Now a little story. A guy that lives here in Southern Indiana has Season tickets Front row under the basket. He has had them for a long time. A couple of businesses around here including the one where I work buy some of them each year from him to entertain clients...etc. He has grown tired of this team the way we all have, so he decided a couple weeks back to reduce his tickets to 2. He called the front office, told them he wanted to reduce them to 2 and stated all the reasons why. The next day the front office called him back and asked if they could speak to him the next game he was in town. He said sure, so before the next game that he went to some reps from mgmt came down and got him and took him to Donnie's office to meet with him. He then proceeded to tell Donnie how he has grown tired of watching the selfish bunch of athletes, that it was just not worth paying the amount of money to watch this crap. Donnie told him that there will be a major house cleaning this year and of course talked him in to renewing his 4 tic's. I was very surprised, even though these are big $ tic's that they actually took him to meet Donnie. But unless Donnie fed him a line of crap,
I would expect a major overhaul, which is no real surprise.

D-BONE
05-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I do hope this is all true and Donnie sticks to his word.

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I appreciate the story. But of course there is going to be a housecleaning, why we are even debating that fact is beyond me

owl
05-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Nothing is a given until it happens. I believe there will be changes but what
does Donnie mean by housecleaning and also who might want the sweepings
from Conseco?

owl

DisplacedKnick
05-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Well, I believe Donnie when he says he wants to do a major housecleaning - just like I believed him when he said he wanted to keep Brad Miller.

The problem's when he changes "want" to "will."

It takes two to tango - unless he wants to waive a bunch of people and pay them to play for other teams, he has to have a willing trading partner.

If all Donnie's gonna do is deal problem players he'll have to work pretty hard not to get problem players back - and if folks on this board know Jax and Tinsley are problem players, the rest of the GM's in the league do to.

I would say there's always Isiah to trade problem players to, but except for Malik Rose and rookies, all we have are problem players to give back - we're super-saturated.

There's a phrase out there - something about a road and good intentions. Pacer fans have travelled just a little way down that road but if Donnie starts making deals to placate fans as much as to improve the team, you could go a lot farther on it.

sixthman
05-05-2006, 09:06 AM
Major overhaul for the Pacers? This I have got to see.

grace
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
If I'd been given an audience with The Donnie I wonder if I'd have enough nerve to say "If you get rid of Bird I'll get season tickets again."

bulletproof
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
If I'd been given an audience with The Donnie I wonder if I'd have enough nerve to say "If you get rid of Bird I'll get season tickets again."

Write him a letter. Seriously. You never know. He just might get it.

8.9_seconds
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Write him a letter. Seriously. You never know. He just might get it.

That's actually a really good idea, I think that I will, Thank you Harm .

EDIT:Except the Bird thing, I don't mind him.

Kegboy
05-06-2006, 07:31 AM

Really? Huh. I'll deal with this in a post to come.

Back on topic. After reading the first post, I figured I'd have to stick up for the truth of it, but I guess not. Considering the Pacers have called me twice this past month practically begging me to get tickets again, I have no trouble believing that Donnie would step in with a high-roller like that.

8.9_seconds
05-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry to bump this, but if I do send a letter to Donnie, do I just send it to Conseco addressed to him? I did that once for Reggie when I was 8 or 9 and I never got a respnse:sad:

8.9_seconds
05-09-2006, 01:28 AM
I just spent an entire hour writing a letter to Donnie Freaking Walsh, emailed it to myself, and it is now half way deleted :mad: How does that Happen????

BillS
05-09-2006, 08:00 AM
I just spent an entire hour writing a letter to Donnie Freaking Walsh, emailed it to myself, and it is now half way deleted :mad: How does that Happen????

Because Donnie Walsh and TPTB Conspiracy are in your computer. They are monitoring everything you say about the Pacers and deleting or modifying it.

That's what happens with the RATS reporters, you know. They really are writing critical and incisive articles but Donnie and TPTB change them before they hit the page.

They are coming......................................