PDA

View Full Version : NETS/HEAT: Who ya got?

TheLemonSong
05-05-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm calling the Nets in 6.

Gary Payton = Poison, and Shaq is over the hill. If Krisic plays well, Miami simply has no answer for him, and while the Nets don't have the best rebounding bigs, their backcourt rebounding is fantastic.

Kstat
05-05-2006, 01:42 AM
I also think Nets in 6.

Unlike the Bulls, the Nets have a semi-decent scoring big man. They also have experience and leadership, two more things the Bulls lacked.

Ultimate Frisbee
05-05-2006, 02:00 AM
I vote Nets as well... Miami is cold and NJ is hot...

N8R
05-05-2006, 02:01 AM
Heat in 5

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-05-2006, 02:03 AM
If Kidd plays like he did today, the Heat will win it.

GO!!!!!
05-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Heat in 5 maybe 6

Wade brings something we missed, with Wade V Carter, and Walker V Jefferson and O'neal V Kristic

thats 2-1 Wade WINS

CableKC
05-05-2006, 02:13 AM
Heat in 6 games. I root against any team that beats the Pacers.

Let's see Krstic dominate Shaq and Haslim.

Kingsfanbmiller
05-05-2006, 02:27 AM
I really hope the nets win because I hate any Shaq team but I have no idea if they will. I think it could go either way. What is really important for NJ is attacking Shaq IMO and trying to get the guy in foul trouble. Carter played well against the heat this season and he needs to do that again. Kidd can't play like he did this series but luckily the heat do not have Anthony Johnson.

Big Smooth
05-05-2006, 04:40 AM
Feels like choosing between a punch in the face and a kick to the groin. That is how much I don't like these teams. ;)

But I'll take the Nets twice today and once tomorrow.

317Kim
05-05-2006, 05:48 AM
Heat in 6.

We own the Heat so if the Heat beat the Nets, it's like we beat them. Kinda :kickcan:

Evan_The_Dude
05-05-2006, 06:12 AM
Nets in 6

D-BONE
05-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Hmmm....This is a tough call. Although Miami got a blowout in the final game, they looked pretty iffy in the series. NJ's interior personnel from a D and rebounding standpoint could be a concern for them.

However, on O Krstic should be able to take advantage. Shaq won't come out to stop his J and Haslem is too short to bother it very much. Also, having Kidd run your team is an advantage for NJ against just about anybody.

I'd have to go w/ NJ. By the way, I'll give the coaching edge to Frank, too.

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 08:41 AM
Kidd will play better in this next series. I don't really need to explain why. The heat don't have players who match up well with VC or RJ and Nenad who won't be guarded by Shaq hardly ever will cause the heat fits.

But the Heat will still win the series in 7 games. Wade will be the difference.

But the heat will be so worn out the Pistons will roll over them

Shade
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
NJ in 6.

Pistons over Nets in 7 in the ECF.

Hicks
05-05-2006, 11:30 AM
Vince and Jefferson will get theirs pretty well unopposed (especially Carter if Wade is on him). Krstic is a lot better than I realized, but I think Shaq will put him in foul trouble.

Wade is Wade.

Tough call for me. I'll say Miami in 7, but I'm reluctant.

TheLemonSong
05-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Heat in 5 maybe 6

Wade brings something we missed, with Wade V Carter, and Walker V Jefferson and O'neal V Kristic

thats 2-1 Wade WINS

How about: Kidd v J Will!? This is a no-brainer, Kidd will dominate him.
Kristic will be on Posey most likely and Jarron Collins will be on Shaq.
Walker isn't even a starter, and my guess is that Wade will guard Jefferson.

So let's be clear here...Miami is a MUCH deeper team, but the Nets are under control.

Anyone else hear GP make the Donnovan/TO comment about him and Wade?! Anyone else see two first round suspensions (Haslem and Posey) because they were frustrated with the *Bulls*!? Anyone else see Shaq's worst playoff game ever because he had to battle with Tyson Chandler all night?! Miami is just falling apart...

BoomBaby31
05-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I Hope the nets when because the last two teams I want to see in the finals/championship is Detroit and Miami. I'll take the nets :)

Anxiety
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Heat in 6 games. I root against any team that beats the Pacers.

Let's see Krstic dominate Shaq and Haslim.

Krstic certainly won't dominate Shaq but he can can hold his own against him. He did quite well against Shaq in the playoffs last year.

I am not sure who will win, but I know for sure this will be a 7 game series.

ghost
05-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Heat in 6 or 7. Refs and home court will help.

BlueNGold
05-05-2006, 08:10 PM
I see the match-up problems as well, but the Heat should still win. It took the Nets 6 games to beat a dysfunctional, injured team playing their bench players. The Heat will bring more talent to the floor and are playing well right now.

Also, Shaq is not over the hill yet. Sure, he is not Shaq of 2000, but he is not ready to be buried. The man pulled down 20 boards and scored 30 points yesterday. He is still a dominating physical presence and will get the Nets bigs in foul trouble. Collins will be a foul magnet around a guy like Shaq. Shaq will back Robinson down and dunk on his head. Robinson is only 240 lbs. If Krstic guards Shaq, he gets in foul trouble as well, then has to contend with a good defender in Haslem on the other side. ...and if Zo can play in the middle, there will be no dunks for the circus guys.

As for the swingman matchups, I think the Nets will have great difficulty stopping Wade. Carter is not going to stop him and will pick up fouls and will get tired because of a very short bench and a very good Wade. Fatoine will be a problem for the Nets too. There is no one on the Nets both long and mobile enough to keep up with him. ...so I see definite matchup problems for the Nets as well.

grace
05-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Personally, I really don't care. I immensely dislike them both, but I'll say Miami in 6.

zero signal
05-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Heat in 7.

Kegboy
05-06-2006, 07:53 AM
In my book, it really doesn't matter. Either will get killed by Detroit. Difference is Miami would only lose by 20 per, while NJ would lose by 40 per.

(Yes, I think both teams are that bad.)