PDA

View Full Version : WE NEED OFFENSE !!!

larry
05-05-2006, 01:02 AM
The last 2 games in this series we couldn't get closer than 2 in the 2nd half. It seemed like we were always down 5 or 7, but yet still out of reach. I've just watched the Lakers can wipe out 5 twice and it took about 15 seconds both times. We went 5 or 6 minutes w/o a bucket to start the 3rd. Cro had 2 & JO only 1 basket the entire 4th. AJ had every other point. I think our bench had 2 points tonite. That alone means you let Fred walk. Carlisle is a defense guy, but no playoff team struggles to score like

larry
05-05-2006, 01:04 AM
we do. That includes the Bucks & every other squad in the field that was 16.

TheLemonSong
05-05-2006, 01:05 AM
We need Jared Jeffries. :D

D-BONE
05-05-2006, 07:08 AM
You make a very good point. I recently posted elsewhere an opinion that you have to have at least 3 stable scoring options.

Say three guys capable of putting up around 20 or more night in and night out. At least two that can consistently go for over 20.

You could argue we have that in JO and Peja when he plays, but I'd also argue you need a more dynamic scorer within your three. One that is capable of generating his own shot off the dribble when needed. Something many here have pointed out we lack.

D-BONE
05-05-2006, 07:11 AM
You could argue we have that in JO and Peja when he plays, but I'd also argue you need a more dynamic scorer within your three. One that is capable of generating his own shot off the dribble when needed. Something many here have pointed out we lack.

P.S.-Either the dynamic third scorer or a dribble penetration, set-up PG, a la Kidd.