PDA

View Full Version : Who will be here next year?

Isaac
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
This offseason is going to be very, very interesting. I'm actually excited for it, I'm hoping Donnie and Larry can make some magic happenening.

This is asking who you THINK will be gone, not who you WANT to be gone. What moves do you think Larry and Donnie will make?

Jamaal Tinsley- I have no doubt in my mind that Jamaal will be moved. If his return can somehow net us Kirk Hinrich or Andre Miller I'd be thrilled.

Anthony Johnson- I don't see any way he's moved. If he's not here some reason, we'd better have acquired a damn good point guard, because this is the type of guy we have to hang on to.

Sarunas Jasikevicius- I'd say his chances of staying a pacer are at about 70/30 in favor of him still being here. I don't see Larry giving up on him so quick, but if a team wants him in a throw in on a big deal, I could see him moved.

Eddie Gill- I'd say he's still here. :)

Stephen Jackson- He'll most likely be traded in a package with Tinsley, because that will be an entertaining offer to a lot of teams, hopefully the Bulls and Nuggets will feel that way (Andre/Kirk). But I really am sad it didn't work out between us and Jack, because as a player I have a love/hate relationship with him, but the love really outweighs the hate for the most part. I like Jack a lot and I'll be sad to see him go, but it probably has to happen.

Fred Jones- I see him jetting for the money. He'll get a substantial offer from someone that we just aren't willing to match, and he'll take the bigger salary. If Jones re-signs for cheaper to stay here, I'll welcome it with open arms.

Danny Granger- If they trade Danny... I might stop watching basketball.

Peja Stojakovic- I think we'll try to re-sign him, but I think its a bad move personally. I'd much rather give that money to a free agent like Bonzi or Nazr. I'd also like Jason Terry (unlikely) or Drew Gooden.

Austin Croshere- He's too hard to move with his contract, plus he's a guy we need for the locker room right now.

Jeff Foster- He'll be the surprise trade of the summer. He's an attractive name to a lot of teams. He's the perfect "throw in" in a major deal. For example Jo and Jeff for KG. They think, "hmm, JO's just not at KG's level... but getting Jeff Foster too? we have a deal." I'm not saying we'll go after KG though, just to be clear.

Scot Pollard- I think he'll sign for the vet minimum. Something tells me he likes it here, and wants to finish his career here. Another good guy to have around. I wish he would have played more in this series.

David Harrison- Can't give up on David yet. I really think more playing time is going to help him become a better player. Once he learns to forget about the refs they'll start to give him a break. They really do just blow the whistle on Hulk for absolutley nothing. One of the fouls he got today was complete BS. I couldn't believe it, he didn't even bump him or anything.

Jermaine O'Neal- Obviously he'd get us the best return, but nobody is out there that would entertain TPTB enough to trade JO. Not anyone who's available anyway. If KG comes down the pipe, I see them pulling the trigger, but I don't see that happening.

Rick Carlisle- I think he'll be gone. I'm really hoping for Paul Silas, but I don't know. He'd be perfect for this group. Paul Silas or Larry, but I think Larry is not interested.

Guys I'd like to see us go after by free agency:
Bonzi Wells
Nazr Mohammad
Jason Terry
Drew Gooden

Guys I'd like to see us go after by trade:
Kirk Hinrich
Ben Gordon
Andre Miller
Kevin Garnett (one of few slightly possible JO trades)
Gilbert Arenas("")
Brad Miller
Mehmet Okur

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I honestly voted everyone except AJ and Granger. That is how I feel right now

Kaufman
05-05-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm telling you cut Tinsley, cut Peja. Outright. I don't even want to keep him at his current contract. I don't totally know what the story was with Peja but Tinsley's injury is to his big nerve. And for those of you that aren't anatomists, the big nerve is the brain.

microwave_oven
05-05-2006, 12:34 AM
the thread says who will be here, but the poll is who will be gone....all my answers should be the opposite of what they are

TheLemonSong
05-05-2006, 12:42 AM
the thread says who will be here, but the poll is who will be gone....all my answers should be the opposite of what they are
Same here.

waxman
05-05-2006, 12:43 AM
what is AJ's contract status?

larry
05-05-2006, 12:49 AM
I honestly voted everyone except AJ and Granger. That is how I feel right now
I feel the same, except I want to keep 3. My 3rd would be JO, but I would understand if he was shipped. I wouldn't be upset at any move made. I trust the TPTB. I just want the culture to change like AJ.

bulletproof
05-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Where are Larry and Donnie on that list?

CableKC
05-05-2006, 12:58 AM
Man....I'm stupid.....I thought it was for who will still be here next season.....

Officially....everyone except for AJ, Sarunas, Granger and JONeal. Everyone else can be gone cuz they are not wanted....or included as part of a deal to ship an undesirable player out.

Los Angeles
05-05-2006, 01:02 AM
Could you please edit the thread title so that it matches the poll title? I almost voted for everyone I thought would be HERE, not be gone.

Hanging chads here we come.

t1hs0n
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Man....I'm stupid.....I thought it was for who will still be here next season.....

Officially....everyone except for AJ, Sarunas, Granger and JONeal. Everyone else can be gone cuz they are not wanted....or included as part of a deal to ship an undesirable player out.

Ditto on the poll...

The only player I care to keep is Granger.

Ultimate Frisbee
05-05-2006, 01:58 AM
AH!!! I also screwed up in my responses.... The poll question was different from the name of the thread!

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Whoops. I voted backwards also. The thread asks who will be here. Scratch this entire thread and start over...

microwave_oven
05-05-2006, 02:16 AM
well I don't feel as stupid now

Moses
05-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Wow, this the most unhelpful poll I've ever seen in my life. :lmao:

Evan_The_Dude
05-05-2006, 06:39 AM

Same, I think it's almost worth a re-poll.

Lithfan
05-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Could you please edit the thread title so that it matches the poll title? I almost voted for everyone I thought would be HERE, not be gone.

Hanging chads here we come.

Me too :mad:

Kingsfanbmiller
05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
I'm not really a pacers fan but I voted anyway. IMO Tinsley, Jackson, and a couple other people will be traded. Also IMO Peja, Jones will go after more money and I think it'd be a very dumb idea to re-sign Peja. Dude couldn't even play in an elimination game because of a sore knee. IT'S AN ELIMINATION GAME. I think some of the Gill type players won't be re-signed but it wouldn't be a big deal if they were.

Anyway that's just an outsiders point of view.

Isaac
05-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Oops sorry about the poll title/thread title confusion. I tried to figure out how to fix it, but I was unsuccesful.

ajbry
05-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Yep, I screwed up my vote as well.