PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Season I care to not remember

Kaufman
05-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Can we officially name this the season that we don't talk about from here on out? And we can once and for all start talking about Larry Brown's last year once again?

This was a horrid assembly of garbage this year.

8.9_seconds
05-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Larry Brown. there's a guy. I don't care what anybody says, that's a coach right there.

Kegboy
05-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Can we officially name this the season that we don't talk about from here on out? And we can once and for all start talking about Larry Brown's last year once again?

This was a horrid assembly of garbage this year.

Well, since Jay went to bed, I guess this is safe to discuss openly.

I don't know, we didn't even make the playoffs in '97, with essentially the same team that damn near killed the Chicago dynasty the next year. That's pretty ****ed up.

When we look back, we'll have good memories of this year. Dropping Ron to the curb, getting Danny, the CPK invasion, etc. There are no good memories from '97, unless you count getting Jalen for rent-a-Jax.

That said, this season does deserve a forboding moniker. As I was just arguing with UB, this season makes The Collapse look pretty damn good.

[edit] Here's an idea: 1 AR (After Reggie)

Unclebuck
05-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I felt sicker to my stomach after the 2003 season.

The 1997 season had a lot of injuries. Rik and McKey were injured a whole lot that season

Arcadian
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
If this is the season we don't talk about where will the Saras fans go? :whoknows:

(Saras fans, that wasn't an insult.)

Kegboy
05-05-2006, 12:11 AM
If this is the season we don't talk about where will the Saras fans go? :whoknows:

I think they'd just as soon forget it too.

Moses
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Who is that guy in your avatar?

He couldn't be a Pacer because I haven't seen him on the court all year! :laugh:

Just kidding. I didn't expect anything this year after everything went down. No real huge dissapointments here.

Brian
05-05-2006, 12:20 AM
This season started out very strange for me.

1.Got with my g/f,and she really didnt care for basketball at that time,so that took away about 60% of my watching pacer games.

2.Got my job and worked during 90% of the games.

3.Had to watch us drop from being one of the top 3 teams in the league in the running for a title,not just top 3 by us,but by the media.

3.Lost my favorite player in Ron Artest (but realized it had to be done)

4.Then watching us almost drop out of the playoffs and almost turn into a lottery team.

5.Then not knowing if I wanted us to make the playoffs,or wanting the offseason to begin so we can just get this team rebuilt (or whatever we are calling it for today)

6.Watching Ron actually playing in the playoffs, (and making a difference).

7.Watching Peja go from pulling down 11+ boards in quite a few games,to going back to clanking 3ptrs,and not getting over 8 boards at all.

8.Watching Artest play/Watching Peja sit.

9.Watching the team that I love with all of my heart slowly imploding,and now stuck wondering; "now what?".

10.Actually this season confirming what we all knew in our hearts would happen,THAT WE DO MISS REGGIE.Not just in the sense of "oh,isnt it weird not seeing reggie out there?".But in the sense of "Reggie was the glue of this team,and when reggie left it seems he took the teams heart with him".

11.Realizing that we shouldnt have to have a "players meeting" everytime we lose to atl,char..etc..And that there is no reason to get swept by these teams,one game is fine...BUT 3???.

But saying all of this,cant wait to see it all next season!.

Pacers For Life.

Brian

Kaufman
05-05-2006, 12:21 AM
I try to contain the bad word adjectives I can use to describe this season.

97 - guys that was 12 guys tuning out a coach (who was a great coach) who had worn out his welcome. He got the most of his team.

You know I'm sorry but I don't think we traded the right superstar. I wish Ron was more stable but I think he needed help.

I'm stressed out about this damn season.

I brag down here in Kentucky about my damn teams and then they all laugh at me. I have to go look at my co-workers tomorrow and listen to this.

Colts. 1st game playoff flameout.

Pacers. 1st series playoff flameout.

Hoosiers. Flame out.

I mean I don't know any of the players on the Indians and I can't get any freaking footage.

The Pacers are Indiana's team. I mean, the Colts are nice, they're great, but the old timer Indy residents all love the Pacers. And what the hell is happening with them. I mean seriously. We've got a team that nobody can respect. I don't like the guys on the team. I don't like the team. I'd rather have 12 choir boys like the 90's team and be under 500 than have a bunch of egoists and loners. I mean, if this weren't a business, who'd not have cut Tinsley by now?

I don't wanna see a thing about Peja ever again. I was excited when he got here but I'm sooo sorry, sitting out the freakin playoffs? Dude our guy was tearing up the Spurs. There guy was tearing up the bench. We fans paid for the suit he was wearing! Can you believe that we're paying that guy???

I need to go to bed or my blood pressure is going to explode.