PDA

View Full Version : Did Peja hurt his market value in this series?

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Well, you've got to admit, at least "Playoff Peja" didn't choke this year. He never had the chance to.

I wonder if you guys think his inability/unwillingness to play will hinder his ability to draw a bigger contract on the open market.

Unclebuck
05-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't think it hurt his market value. But it didn't help it either

indygeezer
05-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Absolutely!

If his injury is legit then he has a knee problem. If not, then he has a cajones problem.

In either case, it cost him in The Big Pay-day department.

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Oh I think so, especially now that I've seen national media questioning his "injury".

Slick Pinkham
05-04-2006, 11:22 PM
It sure hurt his value to the Pacers.

Anthem
05-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Absolutely.

I haven't decided if that's a good thing or a bad thing, though.

Roaming Gnome
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
Peja...Screw that candy-*** cake eatin' panty waisted p%ssy! If he was so hurt that he couldn't play in the play-offs, well he is too hurt for the $$$ he is looking for. If he is protesting, the play-offs are the wrong time for that... Eventhough I am more then ready for Carlise and his "slog ball offense" to find greener pastures.

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:40 PM
Peja...Screw that candy-*** cake eatin' panty waisted p%ssy! If he was so hurt that he couldn't play in the play-offs, well he is too hurt for the $$$ he is looking for. If he is protesting, the play-off are the wrong time for that. Eventhough I am more then ready for Carlise and his "slog ball offense" to find greener pastures.

QFT

Btw, your sig isn't really fair. This isn't the same team it was back then. Not that this team would have won a title with psycho anyway, but still...

Plus, he didn't say "this season." ;)

skyfire
05-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Absolutely, If he came out and blew those playoff choker doubters out of the water with a sublime series then he would be looking at an epic contract. Now there will be concerns about his durability and the pre-existing concerns about his playoff focus.

Maybe he'll even not opt out of his contract like he previously said he would, so he can come back and try and have a solid season and then go for a big contract.

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Absolutely, If he came out and blew those playoff choker doubters out of the water with a sublime series then he would be looking at an epic contract. Now there will be concerns about his durability and the pre-existing concerns about his playoff focus.

Maybe he'll even not opt out of his contract like he previously said he would, so he can come back and try and have a solid season and then go for a big contract.

Peja will opt out if Rick is still the coach.

Kaufman
05-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Do you really want Peja? I liked him before stunt. And I know this was stunt.

Kaufman
05-04-2006, 11:46 PM
And no I can't totally confirm it with my friends, but this was ridiculous. I mean we are the Indiana Pacers and he is Peja and he can get lost.

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Peja...Screw that candy-*** cake eatin' panty waisted p%ssy! If he was so hurt that he couldn't play in the play-offs, well he is too hurt for the $$$ he is looking for. If he is protesting, the play-offs are the wrong time for that... Eventhough I am more then ready for Carlise and his "slog ball offense" to find greener pastures.

This is what's so great about Forum Parties. In my mind's eye I can see Gnome's head boppin' and hear his voice saying, "Screw that candy-*** cake eatin' panty waisted p%ssy!"

Jermaniac
05-04-2006, 11:49 PM
He is done with me I dont want him back here, if you cant tough it out for a damn elimination game then you are a pop tart. But who the hell cares what we think cause WE ALL KNOW Bird is going to throw all the money at Peja, ALL OF IT.

Kaufman
05-04-2006, 11:51 PM
But the point here Kegboy is that he's right. Gnome is right. Peja is what he said he was.

piksi
05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
the summer will tell what will happen. I still think there are plenty GMs that wil pay him good money.

Jermaniac
05-05-2006, 12:01 AM
I hope there are alot of those GM's, I really hope so. I hope some team WOW's him so much that he cant say no to a deal and leaves on the first day of free agency.

Shade
05-05-2006, 12:17 AM
This is what's so great about Forum Parties. In my mind's eye I can see Gnome's head boppin' and hear his voice saying, "Screw that candy-*** cake eatin' panty waisted p%ssy!"

Ha, I was thinking the exact same thing. He'd say it, too! :laugh:

Shade
05-05-2006, 12:18 AM
He is done with me I dont want him back here, if you cant tough it out for a damn elimination game then you are a pop tart. But who the hell cares what we think cause WE ALL KNOW Bird is going to throw all the money at Peja, ALL OF IT.

If Peja doesn't like Rick, then it doesn't matter how much $$$ Bird is willing to throw at him.

That is, if Rick is still coach...

Kaufman
05-05-2006, 12:24 AM
If larry bird throws peja some money even a dollar I will never ever go to a Pacer game while he is on our payroll and I'd encourage a boycott.

Arcadian
05-05-2006, 12:29 AM
I never really followed the Kings so maybe one of our visitors could say but was there some question about his effort when he wasn't getting along with Webber?

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-05-2006, 02:16 AM
Y E S .

Jumper
05-05-2006, 02:18 AM
Well dear lord I hope so, I have had a swollen knee for two years now and I have yet to miss a day of work. Athlete schmaclete, send they guy back home, uh oh.....

Eindar
05-05-2006, 06:28 AM
We don't even really need him here, as he'd only get in the way of Granger developing. S&T him, or even consider it a salary dump along with Pollard.

As for his value, I'd say it's slightly lower than it was, simply because he finished the season injured. Any time that happens, teams are going to be looking at you with a microscope to see if it's a chronic thing. And God forbid they find out he was faking.

Since we were wanting to trade Artest for Maggette, and got Peja instead, any chance the Clips would trade Maggette for a S&T Peja? I'd even throw in a sweetener, if needed.

Evan_The_Dude
05-05-2006, 06:44 AM
I wouldn't even be mad if Peja just opts out and walks. I don't want him to stay. That scenario makes him less likely to stay. We'll get over it. Kings fans were warning us about Peja and we warned Kings fans about Artest. Funny how our side flopped first.

able
05-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Has he hurt his value? yes, be it that there is always someone willing to take a risk.

Do we want him?
My gut says no, IF what is reported left right and center is true, then we definitely do not want another guy that is a bad apple in the basket that is called the lockerroom.
And believe me, if it is his opinoin of Rick keeping him of the floor then he has definitely lost all value to this team as no one in that locker will forgive him for abandoning ship in the playoffs.

Do we need him? IF everything is true then "unfortuntaly" yes, if not then still yes but without the "unfortunately".

If you think not then please tell me who you think "demands" so much respect on the outside that they spread the floor so f.i. JO can do his thing?
Is it really to weird to imagine that JO shines most with a dominant outside force which leaves the chances of 3 defenders sagging on to him in the locker?

And before yo ubegin with "Magette can " or "he can" please, make clear how in the real world we live in that would be a possibility.

Big Smooth
05-05-2006, 07:07 AM
Has he hurt his value? yes, be it that there is always someone willing to take a risk.

Do we want him?
My gut says no, IF what is reported left right and center is true, then we definitely do not want another guy that is a bad apple in the basket that is called the lockerroom.
And believe me, if it is his opinoin of Rick keeping him of the floor then he has definitely lost all value to this team as no one in that locker will forgive him for abandoning ship in the playoffs.

Do we need him? IF everything is true then "unfortuntaly" yes, if not then still yes but without the "unfortunately".

If you think not then please tell me who you think "demands" so much respect on the outside that they spread the floor so f.i. JO can do his thing?
Is it really to weird to imagine that JO shines most with a dominant outside force which leaves the chances of 3 defenders sagging on to him in the locker?

And before yo ubegin with "Magette can " or "he can" please, make clear how in the real world we live in that would be a possibility.

I could care less if Peja helps spread the floor and frees up Jermaine. If you cannot rely on him in the postseason then what is the point? Say the Pacers get rid of Carlisle and keep Peja. Say Peja ends up not liking the new coach either? So in one year we may find ourselves in the same position? I have no use for players that cannot be relied upon. If his current absence from playoff games is for any reason other than serious physical injury then the decision is already made. Let him go.

ABADays
05-05-2006, 07:10 AM
I didn't realize when people said he disappeared in the playoffs . . . that, well, he really did disappear!