PDA

View Full Version : Wild idea

Hicks
05-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Re-sign Peja, assume his first year is around $10mm. Ship him to PHO, where he'd flourish at the 3 for them, and we get James Jones and Kurt Thomas.

Evan_The_Dude
05-04-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't know about James Jones, but I do like this one...

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/686/bell7jg.jpg

larry
05-04-2006, 11:17 PM
I'd do either. I made missing JJ threads, but I dont know if you bring an old player back. Its kind of like re-marrying.

Hicks
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Hey, he's a good kid, we didn't trade him because of anything he did wrong, and we've done it before with other Pacers.

Evan_The_Dude
05-04-2006, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't mind JJ either, and I think he'd be great to bring off the bench as a shooter. However I like my trade scenario because it at least gives us a starting 2-guard that knows how to play within his role. Not to mention he's a hard nosed defender and is a damn good shooter - especially from around 17' range.

Skaut_Ech
05-05-2006, 07:41 AM
I'd do either. I made missing JJ threads, but I dont know if you bring an old player back. Its kind of like re-marrying.

Yeah, cause that's would never work. :rolleyes:;)

(Dale Davis, Mark Jackson, Lasalle Thompson. All key cogs for us both times around? Ring a bell?)

I see zero problem with re-acquiring JJ: young talented, upside and a known player in the organization.

beast23
05-05-2006, 11:50 AM
The trade would also give us two large expiring contracts for next season, Croshere's and Thomas's. It also locks in Bell for 4 years with a very reasonable contract.

I especially like the trade because it brings back two very good defenders. Thomas is capable of defending the PF/C positions while also being able to hit a mid-range jump shot. Bell is a very good defender at SG while also being one of the best percentage shooters in the league at 2FG and 3FG at that position.

The only thing is that the trade as defined would have to be made before the option of Peja's contract kicks in. The trade would probably have to be made with Peja's agreement that re would re-sign with the Suns, or at least that he would not exercise his option this year.

The Suns would also have to be willing to depart with two of their better defenders. From the Pacer's perspective, it would probably take that much to get Bell and Thomas. There's a lot going against the trade, but I definitely like the trade for the Pacers.

The one thing it doesn't do for the Pacers is get rid of Tinsley. That probably means that in getting rid of Tinsley, we would have to package a player with him that we really don't want to get rid of... like Foster.

microwave_oven
05-05-2006, 12:49 PM
PHX might be more willing to part w/ Raja after his clothesline of Bryant in the playoffs. Maybe we could give them back their 2nd rounder for 2083 to sweeten the deal

pizza guy
05-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I like the second trade. Bell is good, and Thomas is solid - and the expiring contract. Anything that gets rid of SJax is good, and Peja would fit in well with the high-flying, fast-paced PHX offense.

Evan_The_Dude
05-05-2006, 11:22 PM
We can also find a way to add in Barbosa and Tinsley. Barbosa would probably be a sign and trade as well.

Isaac
05-06-2006, 10:54 PM
We can also find a way to add in Barbosa and Tinsley. Barbosa would probably be a sign and trade as well.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

I'd be willing to do a trade like this:

Barbosa
JJ or Raja
Kurt

for

Jack
Tins
Foster

I'm not pro trading Foster, but this is one deal where I'd send him packing in an instant.

Mourning
05-07-2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah, that's what I was going to say.

I'd be willing to do a trade like this:

Barbosa
JJ or Raja
Kurt

for

Jack
Tins
Foster

I'm not pro trading Foster, but this is one deal where I'd send him packing in an instant.

Also a deal that we can be sure that would send Phoenix's fans into a collective seizure. No way the Suns do this.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

themind
05-07-2006, 08:27 AM
They might do the first, while the second is surreal... We can use Tinsley somewhere as a throw in - that's his worth now...

Anthem
05-07-2006, 08:16 PM
I still think we could move Tinsley for Malik Rose. True, NY has plenty of point guards, but you've got to believe Thomas is going to move them this summer.

Trader Joe
05-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I would do any of these deals in this thread in a heartbeat. I think they take care of a lot of our issues chemistry and bball wise. Although Raja is a bit of a risk for mental stability after his clothesline of Kobe. I like Barbosa also, but I doubt PHX parts with him.

tinsley#11
05-30-2006, 09:06 PM
I hope PHO will be a trading partner with us this summer, they have several players who i wouldn't mind having.