PDA

View Full Version : And so it ends...

Shade
05-04-2006, 10:48 PM
Well, to be honest, I feel a bit better about this team than I did at the end of the regular season. They put up a heck of an effort, they just aren't better than the Nets with Peja sitting on the bench. The better team won, and I'll be pulling for the Nets against the Heat.

AJ was an absolute beast. He's almost got me convinced that he's good enough to hold down the fort at PG. The guy's transformation has been nothing short of amazing. Major, major props to you AJ.

I'm about 95% convinced that Rick has got to go. This doesn't mean that the roster should stay exactly the same, but we need a coaching change in the worst way. Mark Jackson, anyone?

I don't expect us to re-sign any of our free agents, frankly. Peja, Freddie, Polly, and (maybe) Gill have all likely played their last games as Pacers.

I'm not sure where to begin re-building this team in the offseason, but we really need speed and a veteran presence, preferably a banger in the middle.

I also want to send out a big thanks to Peck, Roaming Gnome, and MagicRat for hooking me up multiple times with tix this season. As someone who loves to attend the games but can't afford to most of the time, it means a lot to me. Thanks a lot, guys (though I know that it's actually all a ploy by Peck to fatten me up on Conseco burgers, fries, and ice cream ;) ).

Well, that's it for now. Let the rebuilding phase begin!

Hicks
05-04-2006, 11:03 PM
I'd also like to thank Peck and especially Roaming Gnome for your great generosity in letting me tag along so often this year. I really, really appreciated it every time. :thankyou:

8.9_seconds
05-04-2006, 11:07 PM
I don't expect us to re-sign any of our free agents, frankly. Peja, Freddie, Polly, and (maybe) Gill have all likely played their last games as Pacers.

Unfair.

SoupIsGood
05-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Nooooo.

The offseason is so agonizing.

I recorded some of david's and Danny's best games to watch over the offseason, when I need my Pacer fix.

Woot.

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Unfair.

:confused:

Lord Helmet
05-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Thank God PD doesn't have an off-season.

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
I'd also like to thank MagicRat for offering many times, though I was always too slow on the uptake or just too damn lazy to go.

8.9_seconds
05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
:confused:

Not meaning you, Just the Pacers, mostly Rick. I don't think that Scot was treated right or fairly with PT. No, Scot isn't Brad Miller, but he could be a valuable force, he's shown that, when he gets to play. Scot gets bagged on alot for injuries, but when he's a available, he doesn't get to play. I think that he, and alot of other Pacers get disrespected like this. Maybe disrespect is not the right word, but regardless, Scot was a trooper. If this is his last season with us, I would like to say thank you to him.

PS-I call dibs on the farewell thread.:-p

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Not meaning you, Just the Pacers, mostly Rick. I don't think that Scot was treated right or fairly with PT. No, Scot isn't Brad Miller, but he could be a valuable force, he's shown that, when he gets to play. Scot gets bagged on alot for injuries, but when he's a available, he doesn't get to play. I think that he, and alot of other Pacers get disrespected like this. Maybe disrespect is not the right word, but regardless, Scot was a trooper. If this is his last season with us, I would like to say thank you to him.

I agree with that.

Moses
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Anyone else excited about future changes now?

Can't wait for summer to come and go.

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Anyone else excited about future changes now?

Eh, maybe I would be if we didn't have to wait 2 months before we can do anything.

microwave_oven
05-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Eh, maybe I would be if we didn't have to wait 2 months before we can do anything.

:amen:

Shade
05-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Heh, I just realized that I (kinda) called the final score on the game. I told Peck we would jump out to a double-digit lead then slowly lose it and lose the game by about 6 points. I didn't realize until looking at the scoreboard from last night that we lost by 6 points. :shrug:

btowncolt
05-05-2006, 09:34 AM
You can look here for a list of things I'm thankful for......

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20522

ajbry
05-05-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm glad the season is finally over. I can't wait until this damn offseason. I want to see some people gone. Period.

grace
05-05-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm about 95% convinced that Rick has got to go. This doesn't mean that the roster should stay exactly the same, but we need a coaching change in the worst way. Mark Jackson, anyone?

So you're 95% Larry is going to change his mind. Didn't he say last month that Rick was going to stay?

I'm not sure who the coach should be but I know it's not Mark Jackson.

Gamble
05-05-2006, 10:40 AM
THe best thing that could happen to the Pacers is if we trade Fosters
butt for a banger. I like all the offensive boards and how he is a
professional but Ricks love fest with him has got to end.

Actually I'll take that back Rick leaving would be the best thing for this
team. Give me a center that draggs his knuckles and has a
neaderthal ridge.

Kaman anyone, aka, scariest man alive.

Shade
05-05-2006, 04:21 PM
So you're 95% Larry is going to change his mind. Didn't he say last month that Rick was going to stay?

I'm not sure who the coach should be but I know it's not Mark Jackson.

I didn't say I'm 95% certain he's going to go, I said I'm 95% certain he should go.

I'd be shocked if Larry officially "fired" him. However, if he were to just walk away...

Bball
05-05-2006, 04:54 PM

I think it's questionable how much of Pollard sitting on the bench had to do with Carlisle's preference to 'go a different direction' more than it did any injury. I'm not sure Carlisle wants a center playing like a center.

I even wonder if we would have kept Brad Miller if he would be riding the pine under Carlisle.

-Bball