PDA

View Full Version : So, Jax detractors...

D-BONE
05-04-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not flat out defending the guy by any stretch. Let me state I will not be unsatisfied to see him traded.

However, something ocurred to me about the whole calling out DG in the press snafu. At first, I found it to be rather lacking in class and professionalism.

Then I saw how DG came out of the gate tonight. The non team PCness not withstanding, it is not at all beyond the realm of possibility that Jack effectively motivated him for his performance tonight.

His calling out certain other guys for allegedly not really trying to play hurt may not be all that off target either.

ChicagoJ
05-04-2006, 11:29 PM
I also liked SJax give up dribble penetration to Vince down the stretch.

I'm wondering if Granger will return the favor.

SoupIsGood
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Yes, but you know he wasn't even thinking about motivating Granger. He was just being his stupid self.

Moses
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Motivation or not, he can't be the starter if he stays. He's just to damn bad.

beast23
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
...Then I saw how DG came out of the gate tonight. The non team PCness not withstanding, it is not at all beyond the realm of possibility that Jack effectively motivated him for his performance tonight.
I don't think Jackson is all that cerebral. In fact, if anything, his mouth, or his fists for that matter, are usually operating before his brain is in gear.

D-BONE
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Motivation or not, he can't be the starter if he stays. He's just to damn bad.

No argument from me on that. I think what's significant is found in the gap between Jack motivating Granger in a less than approrpriate way and the leadership void on the team in general.

Shade
05-04-2006, 11:37 PM
Jack shows flashes on both ends at times, but he's way too inconsistent and he's a powder keg waiting to go off. He's the king pouter on this team.

I still think, however, that Rick has a LOT to do with these chemistry issues. I wouldn't be too opposed to seeing this team again under another coach.

D-BONE
05-04-2006, 11:38 PM
P.S.-I'm not suggesting that Jack consciously sought to motivate him.

D-BONE
05-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I wanted to return to this thread b/c I did a poor job of explaining my thought clearly right off the bat.

I think DG's solid play and noticeable intensity in game 6 was at least partly motivated by Jack's comments to the press about him following the game prior.

I do not think what Jack did was advisable nor do I think he did it with the intent to fire up DG for the upcoming elimination. It was obviously wrong and inappropriate.

However, I do believe it did give significant purpose to DG's play and, thus, was effective in motivating him.

What's telling about this and the season as a whole is that the team generally has shown little concerted effort. Motivation/Leadership seemed in short supply from RC on down to the players.

Ironically, this team is so screwed up that it takes our biggest of several (IMO) head cases to light a fire under someone. Even more so that he did it in a completely unprofessional manner.

Just think that speaks volumes for the state of the team and its leadership/chemistry issues. I honestly have serious questions about the stability/maturity guys beyond Jack, the obvious most extreme case.