PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordon to be traded.

Young
05-04-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/rozner.asp?id=185041

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talk to anyone in NBA circles, or listen to both the local and national announcers, and they’re convinced the Bulls will look to deal Gordon this summer or before the next trade deadline.

He just doesn’t seem to be what they want, which is crazy when you consider that there are only a few pure natural scorers in the NBA today.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love it if we got Ben Gordon in a Pacers uniform.

I believe that Ben was on Bird's radar during the 2004 draft. (When the target was said to be Luke Jackson, it was really Ben.)

Ben is already a good NBA player. I compare him to Gilbert Arenas. I think that Ben can eventually develope into a point guard in this league, like Gilbert did, but he also can play the 2 like he does in Chicago right now if he has the right players around him.

The problem is we really don't have anything Chicago can really use. The Bulls could do a sign and trade with Denver where they get NeNe.

Anthem
05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
G.Arenas was always a point guard.

Bird's nuts about Ben, though. No doubt.

Do you really want to see an AJ / Gordon backcourt?

Chauncey
05-04-2006, 10:23 PM
They wont trade him within the division

D-BONE
05-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm more interested in Nocioni and Hinrich. Even Deng for that matter. However, we have JO, who I'm sure they would be willing to dialogue about. And supposedly Peja is in demand amongst the Serb population there.

timid

Yes......

microwave_oven

Yes, Yes I do

Jaydawg2270
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt mind doing a sign and trade involing peja and ben

microwave_oven
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM

They did when we traded Jalen...anything can happen for the right price

Robertmto
05-04-2006, 10:31 PM

No. Gibert played the 2 in college. That is his natural position. Th ereason he was not re-signed by Golden State is because they thot he couldn't develop into a natural 1 or even a natural scorer. Idiots...

Moses
05-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't mind Gordon at all.

Robertmto
05-04-2006, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't mind Gordon at all.

Neither would I

Arenas/Gordon/Butler/Jamison/Haywood

Sounds good

Arcadian
05-04-2006, 10:36 PM
No. Gibert played the 2 in college. That is his natural position. Th ereason he was not re-signed by Golden State is because they thot he couldn't develop into a natural 1 or even a natural scorer. Idiots...

No, the reason GS didn't sign him was because they couldn't match the offer because of how the rules were written for 2nd round picks.

pacerwaala
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM

No, I don't. That back court will look good in a regular season game but will be severely exploited in a seven game series with a continuos dose of post ups by the opposing team.

DisplacedKnick
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Chicago's wet dream is to include Gordon in a package for Garnett. That won't happen unless KG wants out of Minny but they can give Minn 2-3 young players, the top-5 pick they have AND absorb a lot of salary. Ben will be dealt but I don't expect it to happen early in the offseason.

Young
05-04-2006, 10:40 PM
I wouldnt mind doing a sign and trade involing peja and ben

Problem is that the Bulls can just flat out sign Peja because they have all the cap room to do so.

I wouldn't think they would have interest in Peja either but I think there were rumors they inquired about him so who knows, maybe it could happen.

Evan_The_Dude
05-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Sign and trade doesn't make sense to the Bulls. They have draft picks and cap space already.

Anthem
05-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Now you're just being silly. The reason GS didn't re-sign him is that they couldn't offer more than the MLE, and he demanded more than that. He was already a natural 1 and a natural scorer when he finished his rookie contract; that's why he got the big payday in Washington. And his rookie contract was only 2 years, because he got picked at the end of the second round.

SoupIsGood
05-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Arenas is a combo guard, but more of a 2 than a 1.

I win.

Will Galen
05-04-2006, 10:49 PM

Not true. The reason GS didn't resign him is he got an offer from Washington they couldn't match.

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Chicago has no reason to do an S&T when they can sign Peja outright.

If we're gonna get Ben, I bet they won't even talk to us unless Harrison is part of the deal.

Anthem
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Chicago has no reason to do an S&T when they can sign Peja outright.

If we're gonna get Ben, I bet they won't even talk to us unless Harrison is part of the deal.
Well, UB would be thrilled.

ManicStreetPreachers
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
And supposedly Peja is in demand amongst the Serb population there.

Also keep in mind that Skiles played with Peja in Greece (also coached him briefly).

Kegboy
05-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Well, UB would be thrilled.

Eddie Gill at the 5!

indygeezer
05-04-2006, 11:13 PM
IMO, we will try to sign Peja and failing that we will let him walk. It's called a salary dump. And why not? We have a talented kid with a great atttude in Granger. Peja did nothing to raise his value to anybody with his injury during the PO's so if somebody is willing to give him the bucks, let em. Now if we can keep him reasonably, great!

As I said, We have Granger we don't need to overpay for Peja. Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled when we picked him up I won't deny it, but he did nothing to endear himself to me with his PO performance.

Chauncey
05-04-2006, 11:14 PM

Thats then, this is now. Ben Gordon is a 4th quarter assassin..I'd be absolutely stunned if they traded him within the conference,let alone the division.

skyfire
05-04-2006, 11:36 PM
pfft, I dont want Ben Gordon. He thinks he is too good to be 6th man, which may be true. But he will get exploited defensively by any good team and force your team into bad matchups. Imagine him trying to guard Billups or Hamilton, eeek! Any boost you might get from his offense will be more than lost by his defensive deficiencies.

Moses
05-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Eddie Gill at the 5!
Obviously.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-05-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm a big fan of Eddie Murphy, uh, er, I mean Ben Gordon.

Eindar
05-05-2006, 06:12 AM
We need a guy like Gordon on our team, because currently we don't have anyone who's clutch. Supposedly Sarunas was supposed to be that guy, but he can't even get on the floor. I see flashes of it in Danny Granger, but he's a couple years away, still. If we could get a guy like Gordon who can take over down the stretch, it would really help our cause. The fact that he is also a very good penetrator can only be construed as a positive. He's really like a rich man's Fred Jones, although maybe his defense isn't as good. I'm all for pulling a trade to get him, as long as we get decent value and Danny G. isn't included.

Yes, that means I'd be OK with trading JO to the Bulls if it netted us enough talent/picks.

easyv_25
05-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Remember, the Pacers tried extremely hard to trade up with the Bulls to get Gordon. They treid to trade quite a few players to get him, but the Bulls knew what they were doing and declined. I'd love to see Gordon play for us next year, and maybe the Pacers can try to get Hinrich also.--I see Hinrich kind of as a poor mans Steve Nash, and he moves the ball way much better than any of our current PG's.

grace
05-05-2006, 10:00 AM

The Bulls didn't have a prayer of making the playoffs then. Now it's a different story.

Anthem
05-05-2006, 10:18 AM
Yes I am.

And your so cool. I want to be just like Jumper when I grow up! He is so cool!

If I give you my address, will you send me your autograph?
Wait, Jumper was being serious? That's hilarious! I saw him say "your dumb" and I thought he was making a joke.

Getting told off by a guy who can't even spell "you're" = priceless.

Los Angeles
05-05-2006, 11:26 AM
People keep saying this.

Both the Pacers and the Bulls trade within the division. In fact, they've recently had a blockbuster trade with each other. It's a fact.

FrenchConnection
05-05-2006, 11:38 AM
Trade JO to the Bulls. Lets just help the Bulls win another championship, why don't we. Give them a low-post scorer to go with the mucho outside shooting they already have. Then they will go out and sign Al to play the four. Can anyone say fourth place Pacers?

waxman
05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
There is no way Paxson and Skiles give up Hinrich.... I think Skiles might quit if they did. I wouldn't mind Duhon... I might take him over Gordon, at least for our needs.