PDA

View Full Version : How far?

pacercoltfan
04-18-2006, 12:28 AM
How far do you think we'll get?

Will Galen
04-18-2006, 12:41 AM
All the way if we get some breaks like Detroit has been getting.

Suaveness
04-18-2006, 12:49 AM
We'll be lucky to win 2 games.

Fireball Kid
04-18-2006, 01:32 AM
I have seen nothing that will convince me we will get out of the 1st round.

Chauncey
04-18-2006, 06:15 AM
All the way if we get some breaks like Detroit has been getting.

Once again, I'm looking for the crack-smoking smiley..and its nowhere to be found.

Will Galen
04-18-2006, 06:29 AM
Once again, I'm looking for the crack-smoking smiley..and its nowhere to be found.

I don't mind driving the Pacers band wagon, you can hop on after the Lakers get beat in the first round.

mugsy27
04-18-2006, 08:05 AM
we win 1...2 games at best.

Knucklehead Warrior
04-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Doesn't it depend on who we're playing? Does anyone think we have an equal chance against whoever?

In 8th, we have NO chance against the pisstons, although we may win a game or two. But with some effort and our Mr. Hyde team, we have a chance against the Nets and Heat. With our Dr. Jeckyll team, no way.

Unclebuck
04-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Depends on who we play. if we play Detroit we'll get swept.

Miami - we'll win one game

Nets - probably two games, I think

naptownmenace
04-18-2006, 10:53 AM
The Nets are the Pacers only chance. I don't think the Nets matchup very well with the Pacers, then again they have had a nice string of wins to close out the season.

Unless they somehow get to the 5th spot (is that even possible still?), I don't think they will win more than 2 games. They're a horrible road team and it's going to come back to bite them big in the playoffs.

Unclebuck
04-18-2006, 10:57 AM
Unless they somehow get to the 5th spot (is that even possible still?),

I don't believe it is possible. Pacers could pass the Wizards, if they lose their last two and the Pacers win tomorrow night. But that would mean the Bucks beat the Wiz tonight and the Pacers and Bucks would then be tied and the Bucks have the tie-breaker.

Jermaniac
04-18-2006, 11:41 AM
2nd round

Knucklehead Warrior
04-18-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't believe it is possible. Pacers could pass the Wizards, if they lose their last two and the Pacers win tomorrow night. But that would mean the Bucks beat the Wiz tonight and the Pacers and Bucks would then be tied and the Bucks have the tie-breaker.
I believe that is correct.
We win; Wiz win = 6th and Nets
We lose; Toronto loses = 8th and pisstons
otherwise = 7th and Heat

CableKC
04-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Out in 5 games if we play the Nets or Pistons...out in 6 games against the Heat.

Bball
04-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm not sure this team has enough heart to keep from being swept in the playoffs. Losing the first game will zap them and they'll just want the season over at that point.

And I don't know that we can steal the first game so I'd say we're in trouble.

UB's prediction looks about right in a 'about the best I can see happening' kind of way.

-Bball

Will Galen
04-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Dang guys! This team has trouble against the have nots of the league, it puts forth effort against the good ones. They won the season series against both NJ and Miami. As I said, if the Pacers get the breaks Detroit has been getting they have a chance at the finals.

ajbry
04-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Not far enough.

(A.K.A. the first round).

Bball
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Dang guys! This team has trouble against the have nots of the league, it puts forth effort against the good ones. They won the season series against both NJ and Miami. As I said, if the Pacers get the breaks Detroit has been getting they have a chance at the finals.

Put down the bottle. You don't need that stuff. Just take it one day at a time. Don't let this season drive you to drink.

-Bball

Chauncey
04-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Yes.."getting breaks" is why Detroit has been one of the best 2 teams in the league for the past three years. Give me a break.

Roaming Gnome
04-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Miami Heat
Pacers will come back to Indianapolis down 0-2
We will win game 3 at home, convincingly
Lose a heartbreaker in game 4
Game 5 will be our only road win
Game 6 will be our final game of the season

Detroit Pistons
We'll get swept!

New Jersey Nets
Lose game 1
Win game 2
Win game 3
Lose a close game 4
Lose game 5
Win game 6 in a run-a-way
Lose game 7...

One and done!

PacerMan
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
We'll win 1 game. At home. :)

PacerMan
04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Yes.."getting breaks" is why Detroit has been one of the best 2 teams in the league for the past three years. Give me a break.

Ok, how about "we just hate Detroit"??

Hicks
04-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, how about "we just hate Detroit"??

I'll list the reasons:

1. They're damn good.
2. They've been lucky. (Health for them, lackthereof from opponents)
3. I hate Detroit. ;)

clownskull
04-18-2006, 05:34 PM
i say its a sweep against detroit. we may take one against jersey or miami. given that this team has the worst road record of any playoff team- i don't really see any chance of winning at someone else's place.
a chance at the finals? yeh i suppose so but, then again, i also have a chance to win it all when i play the lottery. the odds of that happening are about the same for the pacers going to the finals. no team that i can recall with a record this bad and with all the chemistry problems this one has- has ever been to the finals. and it ain't gonna happen this time either.
our playoffs end no later than 5 games.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
lotta believers on this board!
damn man...I think 2nd round is as far as we go.

ChicagoJ
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
The best thing about the Playoffs - no opponent's with losing records.

Mourning
04-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Put down the bottle. You don't need that stuff. Just take it one day at a time. Don't let this season drive you to drink.

-Bball

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: