PDA

View Full Version : Postgame thread Pacers @ Toronto (win 120-95)

able
04-17-2006, 09:38 PM
What a line: in 30 minutes of play; 20 8 7 5 (pts, reb, ast, blocks)

317Kim
04-17-2006, 09:39 PM
JO had another solid/complete game.

Great game and win! Having a 40 point first quarter and to have 100 points at the end of the third is FUN.

Jermaniac
04-17-2006, 09:41 PM
God comes through again.

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Damn, I missed the game today. Grr. Oh well. Looks like a really nice win! Now let's pull even at .500 to close out the season and hold our Poff spot.

P.S. What the heck with Detroit? Looks like they rolled over today...

04-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Great game, this is how i always wanted JO to play, he was awesome, so was Peja who went Nuts from 3PT land, AJ was pretty hot to, but what was the point with keeping Peja in 4th quarter? He just missed millions of unserious shots to destroy his percentage :)

bulldog
04-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Holy crap, we can beat horrible teams.
I see a few tiny rays of sunshine coming through. A win like this doesn't really mean much, but you gotta love the game by JO. Heat and Nets have their flaws too. Who knows?

Antonio
04-18-2006, 06:08 AM
We're 7th :-o :mad: :censored:

D-BONE
04-18-2006, 06:55 AM
Watching Toronto play D provided a nice distraction from the way we've been playing it lately. Temporarily made me feel better knowing there's is actually somebody that looks more porous than us.

Hicks
04-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I love to see JO look for people so much. When he has the ball in the post, and he's palming the ball, he can play give-and-go with Peja in the corner/wing, or he can find a cutter to the basket (either down the lane or along the baseline), and even if he does neither, all the movement usually gives him room to quickly make a move to score. Love it.

Putnam
04-18-2006, 08:52 AM
This was the first convincing win in a long time. And it was fun to watch. The Pacers actually scored on fast breaks a couple of times!

But this doesn't excuse ANY of the earlier disgraceful losses, or raise a reasonable person's expectations for the playoffs. The Pacers still need to make big changes during the summer. Let's hope these late heroics can raise a few guys' value as trade bait.

timid
04-18-2006, 09:38 AM
I love to see JO look for people so much. When he has the ball in the post, and he's palming the ball, he can play give-and-go with Peja in the corner/wing, or he can find a cutter to the basket (either down the lane or along the baseline), and even if he does neither, all the movement usually gives him room to quickly make a move to score. Love it.
I agree...........

waxman
04-18-2006, 12:59 PM
Woo hoo... a road win.

Granted Toronto is hurting and doesn't play D... but that was an encouraging game. Everyone seemed extremely focused. Everyone in the starting lineup plus Granger played very well...and with purpose.

The hard baskets cuts were awesome... that is how to play basketball with a spread floor.

CableKC
04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
I am cautiously optimistic about how we played yesterday night. I love it.....but keeping in mind that we played a team without their best player and a team that plays ZERO defense....we just have to see if he and the team can do that again.

The real test....obviously...is tomorrow against the Magic....when we play a team that actually plays pretty solid defense. Can JONeal do the same against the likes of Dwight Howard?

Are we going to be lucky enough to have SJax, AJ or Peja freely score in the mid-teens?