PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento will reach the Western Conference finals.

denyfizle
04-17-2006, 02:32 PM
I like the way they are playing. Ron Artest is easily in the top 10 players in the L right now. I'll wait for feedbacks before posting why I think the Kings can really go deep in the playoffs. To me, they are the Knicks of 98-99.

Jermaniac
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
If they can take the Spurs in the first round, then I'm with you. That will be their toughest test.

Moses
04-17-2006, 02:40 PM
No.

Simply because they don't have the write type of team to match up with the Spurs.

If they don't get the 7 spot, they will win 2 games against the spurs max.

btowncolt
04-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I need a drink.

denyfizle
04-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I really think they can match up with the Spurs. Actually, I think they will be the one of toughest match up for the Spurs in the west. With most of their guys back, the Kings have the talent and man power to go toe to toe with the Spurs. Brad can extend the D with his J not allowing Timmy and the Spurs big men to cheat on D. Kings can shoot the ball no doubt. The only prob would be their lack of prescence in the middle but one on one they can defend any team. RonRon and those guys play physical man. And if you watched the Spurs-Sonics series last year, then you know the Spurs don't like being played physical. If they still have CW there, I think this team can really reach the NBA finals. I know a lot of you are already thinking I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but heck, with the Pacers playing as pathetic as they are, I have switched my attention to my favorite ex-Pacer's team and have seen great basketball over there. Just watch.

Kstat
04-17-2006, 02:51 PM
They are not going to beat SA and Dallas back to back.

hoopsforlife
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I really think they can match up with the Spurs. Actually, I think they will be the one of toughest match up for the Spurs in the west. With most of their guys back, the Kings have the talent and man power to go toe to toe with the Spurs. Brad can extend the D with his J not allowing Timmy and the Spurs big men to cheat on D. Kings can shoot the ball no doubt. The only prob would be their lack of prescence in the middle but one on one they can defend any team. RonRon and those guys play physical man. And if you watched the Spurs-Sonics series last year, then you know the Spurs don't like being played physical. If they still have CW there, I think this team can really reach the NBA finals. I know a lot of you are already thinking I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but heck, with the Pacers playing as pathetic as they are, I have switched my attention to my favorite ex-Pacer's team and have seen great basketball over there. Just watch.

Yes they are good. I hope the Kings make it to the finals. If they do, they can win it all...

Jon Theodore
04-17-2006, 03:01 PM
if they beat the spurs no doubt about it, beating the spurs will be really tough but I think they can do it.

Ronnie has so much motivation to prove everyone wrong, making them very scary.

Slick Pinkham
04-17-2006, 03:08 PM
To be honest, playoff pressure and Ron Artest have not always mixed well.

Perhaps being in the honeymoon phase (still) will delay the expected fireworks.

bulldog
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
They are not going to beat SA and Dallas back to back.

Agreed. They have the toughest possible road to the WCF, 2 of the NBA's three best teams. Imagine if they won the title, beating the spurs, mav, suns and pistons. That would probably be the best series of opponents ever faced by any team in the play-offs.

indytoad
04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
If the Kings make it to the WCF I will stop watching the NBA forever.

IndyToad
Or maybe an olive

Will Galen
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Ron has an injured thumb.

SoupIsGood
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Not a chance

Slick Pinkham
04-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Ron has an injured thumb.

I'd worry more about the occasional missed bus and missed flight that is strangely called "migraines"

Chauncey
04-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Where's the crack-smoking smiley?

Fireball Kid
04-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Unless something happens to Manu or Timmy,the Spurs will end up beating them in six games.

Now if the Kings end in the 7th spot, I think they can beat the Suns.

Mourning
04-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Not going to happen. Not if they face the Spurs OR the Suns. Maybe the Mavs, but otherwise "nope" ;).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Chauncey
04-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Spurs 4
Kings 0

bulletproof
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
To be honest, playoff pressure and Ron Artest have not always mixed well.

:ding:

04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
:noooo:

piksi
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Honestly speaking - anything after eventual game 6 would be great. I don't think that they will sweep us but I don't see us winning twich in San Antonio because that is what would take. We are 8th seed and to get to WCF we have to beat 2 best teams in the West 4 times on the road (each twice). While I would love to see it happen - I wouldn't bet anything on it.
In terms of the team we have no backup PG or backup Center. Additionally, Parker will be guarded by Bibby. That is a problem. We got nothing to lose tough

VF21
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
"We got nothing to lose..."

Those five words could end up being very important. There's no pressure on the Kings; they aren't the media darlings. Hell, they weren't even expected to get this far...

Do I honestly THINK they can get past the Spurs? No. Is my heart telling my brain to shut up, that this team CAN do the impossible? Every waking moment.

I do firmly believe we have a chance to make the first round interesting. And, considering everything that's happened to our team this year, that will be more than enough for me.

:D

Kstat
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Agreed. They have the toughest possible road to the WCF, 2 of the NBA's three best teams. Imagine if they won the title, beating the spurs, mav, suns and pistons. That would probably be the best series of opponents ever faced by any team in the play-offs.

1995 Rockets hold that honor.

They beat the 4 best records in the NBA on their way to title #2.

1. Utah 60-22
2. Phoenix 59-23
3. SA 62-20
4. Orlando 57-25

That's a murderer's row that won't ever be matched.

Big Smooth
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
If the Kings could land 6th or 7th in the West, then I'd give them a rather strong chance to advance to the WCF. But matched against the Spurs, nah. The Spurs are the one team that I'm 100% certain will beat them in a 7 game series. That isn't to say the Kings can't win a game or two to make it a little interesting but they won't beat the Spurs.

bozzwell
04-17-2006, 08:15 PM
It's very simple: If Lakers slip and we get 7th seed, we will bounce Suns. Provided that Clippers eliminate Denver, WCF is automatic (we own Clippers).

But, beating both Spurs and Mavs is a tall order.

SamBear
04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
:hmm: :hmm: :mygod: :eek2:

uh I hope not... :laugh:

:pray:

;)

Kegboy
04-17-2006, 08:53 PM
Um, if they're gonna beat SA and Dallas, why don't you go all out? Strange.

bulldog
04-17-2006, 09:28 PM
1995 Rockets hold that honor.

They beat the 4 best records in the NBA on their way to title #2.

1. Utah 60-22
2. Phoenix 59-23
3. SA 62-20
4. Orlando 57-25

That's a murderer's row that won't ever be matched.

That was when they were a 7th seed or whatever, right?

The NBA regular season is a joke.

vapacersfan
04-17-2006, 09:45 PM
Ron Artest will be a top ten player the day he learns to control his emotions, not snap under pressure, and watch what he says

(hint:There is as much of a chance of that happening as there is of nakes pictures of me showing up on these forums.....)

NorCal_Pacerfan
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Your dreaming. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

jmoney2584
04-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Imagine if we made it to the finals vs. the kings...definitely not happening, but it would be the best championship game hype story in years. Ron causes havoc in Indiana for years, is traded for Sac's star player, both teams make it to the championship game and the pacers come out on top....wow, almost brings a tear to my eye....f@#$ you Ron.

Fireball Kid
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Too bad it will never happen in this lifetime.

piksi
04-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Imagine if we made it to the finals vs. the kings...definitely not happening, but it would be the best championship game hype story in years. Ron causes havoc in Indiana for years, is traded for Sac's star player, both teams make it to the championship game and the pacers come out on top....wow, almost brings a tear to my eye....f@#$ you Ron.

I lost You there;)

denyfizle
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Um, if they're gonna beat SA and Dallas, why don't you go all out? Strange.

because I respect the Pistons that much.

SamBear
04-18-2006, 12:09 AM
I like the way they are playing. Ron Artest is easily in the top 10 players in the L right now. I'll wait for feedbacks before posting why I think the Kings can really go deep in the playoffs. To me, they are the Knicks of 98-99.

Hey wait a minute... didn't the Spurs beat the NYK in 1999...

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/5659/simgtomuze2m1582611920jpg9rt.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ok the Kings can be the NYK of 98-99...... :D

timid
04-18-2006, 09:40 AM
I also think the Kings can beat the Spurs.......Artest will shut Manu down, especially since Manu is hurt.......And on the other end, Artest will not be stopped by anyone on the Spurs, I see him avg over 25 PPG at least.......Bowen is not strong enough to stop Artest in the post.......Then you have Bibby who is a monster in the playoffs and should cancel out Parker or maybe even outplay him.............Bonzi Wells was also a pretty good playoff performer when he was in Portland....Brad Miller should have a decent series and don't forget about Abdur Raheem, he could be an X factor if he can get them 16-17 PPG........Its really not that far fetched........

timid
04-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh, and Duncan is also not %100 along with Manu.............the Spurs are VERY vulnerable.....

vapacersfan
04-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I also think the Kings can beat the Spurs.......Artest will shut Manu down, especially since Manu is hurt.......And on the other end, Artest will not be stopped by anyone on the Spurs, I see him avg over 25 PPG at least.......Bowen is not strong enough to stop Artest in the post.......Then you have Bibby who is a monster in the playoffs and should cancel out Parker or maybe even outplay him.............Bonzi Wells was also a pretty good playoff performer when he was in Portland....Brad Miller should have a decent series and don't forget about Abdur Raheem, he could be an X factor if he can get them 16-17 PPG........Its really not that far fetched........

Welcome back. I new I recognized the name, havent been to OS in a long time.

You had me till I get to the last line.

The only thing that is far fetched is that Artest will not blow up under pressure, again.

As for the Spurs, I do think they are vonerable, but not against a team that has Artest leading them

Mordecaii
04-18-2006, 10:39 AM
While being optimistic for your team is nice and all... I really think the people saying the Kings can beat the Spurs need to take a nice strong dose of reality. The Spurs are deeper, more talented, and much more experienced than the Kings. Honestly, I also think that the Suns could beat the Kings just because I don't see the Kings being able to play good enough defense to shut them down, since Ron Artest will only be able to guard one player at a time.

timid
04-18-2006, 11:07 AM
While being optimistic for your team is nice and all... I really think the people saying the Kings can beat the Spurs need to take a nice strong dose of reality. The Spurs are deeper, more talented, and much more experienced than the Kings. Honestly, I also think that the Suns could beat the Kings just because I don't see the Kings being able to play good enough defense to shut them down, since Ron Artest will only be able to guard one player at a time.
But, how many players on the Spurs do they need to shut down? Bibby and Parker will cancel each other out...But Bibby is clutch in the playoffs......Manu is nowhere near 100%, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't a non-factor.......The Spurs bench is not as good as it was......Duncan will get his even though he isn't healthy but Brad Miller should play him tough.......The Spurs don't seem as deep as they used to be......If the Kings get out and run, I think they have a good shot....

TheLemonSong
04-18-2006, 01:16 PM
There's been so much talk on ESPN about the Spurs being vulerable...how they don't have a bench, Tim has a bum foot, blah blah blah...then there has been alot of hype over the revamped Kings...Ron's playing great, the team is on a roll, they're healthy...

In the words of Public Enemy: Don't believe the hype.

Here is just ONE stat:
San Antonio: 34-7 at home
Sacramento: 17-24 on the road.

Kegboy
04-18-2006, 05:37 PM
because I respect the Pistons that much.

Well then why don't you say they'll reach the NBA Finals? You think Kobe will kick their ***?

Mordecaii
04-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Spurs bench not deep? They add Michael Finley, Nick Van Exel, still have Robert Horry, Rasho Nesterovic, and Brent Barry, and their bench isn't deep? Come on now, I really hope you're not being serious...

I see the Kings winning 1, maybe 2 games if they play the Spurs... Of course the entire Spurs team could get injured and obviously my guesses would be off, but still...

VF21
04-18-2006, 07:39 PM
There's been so much talk on ESPN about the Spurs being vulerable...how they don't have a bench, Tim has a bum foot, blah blah blah...then there has been alot of hype over the revamped Kings...Ron's playing great, the team is on a roll, they're healthy...

In the words of Public Enemy: Don't believe the hype.

Here is just ONE stat:
San Antonio: 34-7 at home
Sacramento: 17-24 on the road.

If nothing had changed during the season, that stat might mean something. As it is, it's only misleading.

denyfizle
04-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Well then why don't you say they'll reach the NBA Finals? You think Kobe will kick their ***?
Simply because I think reaching the Western Finals is amazing enough. If I said they'd reach the Finals then I'll get a bombardment of "you're an idiot" feedbacks. Thing is, the Kings are peaking at the right time. Yes all your points about talent and depth of the Spurs etc. are relevant. It's just that I think the Kings will surprise it's first and second round favored opponents. I was worried about them maybe slowing down after 2 hard series that's why I held back a little bit. MY point is, they are going to make noise in the WEST. If the Spurs or whoever they face don't show up with their A game, the Kings will humiliate them.

Mordecaii
04-18-2006, 09:53 PM
After all this Kings hype, I'm going to have to watch their playoff series just to see who was right... i hate you all. :-p

denyfizle
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
haha yea man. im going to Cali next month and I'm really planning to see a Kings playoffs game. I was a Kings fan before I moved to INDY the same year we traded Brad to Sac. so I guess, I'm thankful that Ron was shipped to the Kings at least I have a second team to cheer for when our team is sucking. But don;t get me wrong, as much as I was glad Ron autographed my jersey when he came back last march, I still booed his a$$ just because I'm still a Pacer fan more than anything.

BoomBaby31
04-19-2006, 03:27 AM
Sac Town is in the Playoffs... they will have a nice run 5 and out lol...

Slick Pinkham
04-22-2006, 07:20 PM
well the Kings almost showed up.

I have a better chance of being Pope then the Kings have of reaching the WCF.

piksi
04-22-2006, 07:27 PM
well the Kings almost showed up.

I have a better chance of being Pope then the Kings have of reaching the WCF.

let me guess - You are not even a catholic

pizza guy
04-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, they'll make the WCF; this first game with SanAn is just a way to give the Spurs a false sense of confidence.

:rolleyes:

OnlyPacersLeft
04-22-2006, 08:35 PM
"We will win the NBA finals" -Ron to the maloofs...

wow....they almost went down 40 pts in this game! so much for defense!

bulletproof
04-22-2006, 11:00 PM
tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

Jermaniac
04-22-2006, 11:13 PM
I told my cousin today, if the Kings lose one more game like this Ron will snap.

sweabs
04-22-2006, 11:20 PM
tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

:laugh: I laughed. It's funny because it's true. Man, I'm so glad I don't have to worry about the sideshow anymore, and can just sit back and watch as a spectator. Don't let me down, Ronnie!

SamBear
04-23-2006, 12:16 AM

Well maybe they can do it in game 2..... :devil:
:punch:
RA-MG

:laugh:

denyfizle
04-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Those who hate on Artest's "clutch" and abilities should've watched game 3 of this series.

SoupIsGood
04-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah and he was really clutch in game 2 also. The man is amazing.

Robertmto
04-29-2006, 12:49 AM
O now we're Artest fans?

denyfizle
04-29-2006, 12:56 AM
Always have been... just hated him for a minute for doing our franchise so wrong like that. But I have always been a fan of his game- not his antics.

Robertmto
04-29-2006, 12:57 AM
Always have been... just hated him for a minute for doing our franchise so wrong like that. But I have always been a fan of his game- not his antics.

I'll allow it!

denyfizle
04-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I'll allow it!
:shakehand

Robertmto
04-29-2006, 01:01 AM
:shakehand

:buddies:

Anthem
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Crazy win for Sacto tonight.

Miller4ever
04-29-2006, 01:28 AM
manu "flopper" ginobili blow it up

pizza guy
04-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Impressive victory. When SanAn makes runs like that, there's usually very little the opposition can do about it. Sacto held on to this one and really earned it.

Only problem is that I have to hear hoopsforlife tell me how good RonRon is.....:puke:

( ;) j/k Dad)

larry
04-29-2006, 04:09 AM
awesome game. its just really tough 4 a team to come back from 0-2 to a higher seeded championship team. its kinda like the 98 Pacers vs. Bulls. Well Sac's homecourt is BY FAR the league's best. ARCO is 17,000, small arena/market, & always sold out. New Thread Born

Mourning
04-29-2006, 06:02 AM
O now we're Artest fans?

NEVER again.

FrenchConnection
04-29-2006, 09:33 AM
NEVER again.

I second that!

vapacersfan
04-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah and he was really clutch in game 2 also. The man is amazing.

:buddies:

denyfizle
05-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Kings win again- by a landslide!!!! Where the haters at?!?!?!

Lord Helmet
05-01-2006, 12:53 AM
It's nice to see and fun to watch, but I don't expect it to continue.

Kstat
05-01-2006, 01:00 AM
I don't see why not.

As Barkley said, "Bowen and Ginobili aren't going to get any bigger or stronger on tuesday."

The Spurs have nobody on their roster who can match up with Bonzi or Artest.

NorCal_Pacerfan
05-01-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm stoked for Sactown - good win tonight for them!

SoThenRobbieSaid
05-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Bonzi has been earning himself a contract in this series. Say what you want, but I hope the Pacers make a run for him during the summer.

Side note - I didn't see the game, but one can assume that Manu's 3 points were a result of Ron's defense? I really hope he can flourish over in Sacremento; the city has really seemed to embrace him.

CableKC
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Ahhh....the irony....Artest advances to the 2nd round...and the Pacers and Peja get to watch them advance on TV in their huge mansions.

bulletproof
05-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Admittedly, watching the Kings destroy SA last night made me pine for what Ron could bring to this team right now. If the Kings advance, it'll be interesting to see how well he withstands the mounting pressure. Also, I've never heard Ron get so much love from the announcers.

Anthem
05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Admittedly, watching the Kings destroy SA last night made me pine for what Ron could bring to this team right now. If the Kings advance, it'll be interesting to see how well he withstands the mounting pressure. Also, I've never heard Ron get so much love from the announcers.
It's the Rasheed Wallace effect. Bad boy with a clean slate.

vapacersfan
05-01-2006, 05:18 PM

The same place you were at when Ron got suspended and you went ghost!

OnlyPacersLeft
05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
sure would be nice to have a guy like ron guarding vince carter right now instead of good ole jacko...:(

Jermaniac
05-02-2006, 10:38 PM
Kings up 3 at half time on the Spurs. Ron leading his team against the 2nd best team in the NBA, and we have this pansy who doesnt want to even play in the playoffs.

larry
05-02-2006, 10:50 PM
Kings up 3 at half time on the Spurs. Ron leading his team against the 2nd best team in the NBA, and we have this pansy who doesnt want to even play in the playoffs.
Ron Artest was right about everything. Carlisle sucks. I wish the dude that burnt Reggie's house would get Rick, Peja, or Tinsley. Reggie didn't deserve that *****! I know arson is a crime and it is wrong, but if the judge is a Pacer fan he would have a hard time finding you guilty. After all the play calls Carlisle makes I'm gonna have a damn stroke. If I kill him it's just self defense!!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

SamBear
05-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Scoreboard... Spurs 109 Kings 98

Chauncey
05-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Scoreboard, indeed.

RickDerris
05-03-2006, 10:15 AM
What did i tell you guys about Bonzi!!!!;)

vapacersfan
05-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I don't see why not.

As Barkley said, "Bowen and Ginobili aren't going to get any bigger or stronger on tuesday."

The Spurs have nobody on their roster who can match up with Bonzi or Artest.

Got crow? :-p

SamBear
05-06-2006, 07:15 PM
SCOREBOARD..... 105-83 :punch:

On to round 2.... :boxer:

Lord Helmet
05-06-2006, 07:17 PM
There was no way in hell the Spurs were going to lose in the first round. That's Indiana's job.