PDA

View Full Version : How Well do you Like....Day 9

8.9_seconds
04-16-2006, 10:38 PM
This is the "How well do you Like..."thread. There's been alot of , in the truest since of the word, 'playa hatin' goin on, and I think it can be attributed to how we're playing. So, I want to know if you like the particular player the thread is dedicated to based not on how they play, but just how you feel and think about them. This way, maybe we can find an official general consensus.

Today's Player: :harrison:

Voting's good, voting's great, at least it's not never and only late!

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:40 PM
:sunshine:

8.9_seconds
04-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I didn't like David-AT ALL- last year, but he's grown on me.

....plus Soup put a hit out on me and if I say anything negative about DH I'll be swimmin with the fishes...

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:44 PM
....plus Soup put a hit out on me and if I say anything negative about DH I'll be swimmin with the fishes...

:mib:

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Psssh, UB be hatin' over yonder.

Unclebuck
04-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Pacers should just cut their ties with Harrison this summer, trade him in a package with JT, Jax or even J.O. He will always disappoint. I don't think he ever be more than an adequate backup center primarily because his talent is overrated and his mental IQ for basektball is near the Bender levels. Watching him play team defense is one of the most maddening things I've ever done.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Pacers should just cut their ties with Harrison this summer, trade him in a package with JT, Jax or even J.O. He will always disappoint. I don't think he ever be more than an adequate backup center primarily because his talent is overrated and his mental IQ for basektball is near the Bender levels. Watching him play team defense is one of the most maddening things I've ever done.

Didn't you already admit you were wrong about this.

ChicagoJ
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
:sunshine:

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Remember when Harrison caught fire midway through the season. The Pacers were 9-3 during that time.

9-3.

Unclebuck
04-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Didn't you already admit you were wrong about this.

Why would I admit I was wrong when DH is still very much a work in progress.

Let me ask a question. Besides the other things I've mentioned. Why can't Harrison score in the low-post in one-on-one situations against either poor defenders or guys much smaller than him. Unless DH gets the ball in pick and roll situations and can dunk, he really isn't much of a threat offensively.

But I'll say this if we keep Harrison and if his fans are willing to accept him being a career backup center, playing 10-15 minutes per game, then I say we can keep him. Although I think his value to the Pacers is greater as trade bait that he is as a on court player.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Let me ask a question. Besides the other things I've mentioned. Why can't Harrison score in the low-post in one-on-one situations against either poor defenders or guys much smaller than him. Unless DH gets the ball in pick and roll situations and can dunk, he really isn't much of a threat offensively.

Uh, pretty much everyone is much smaller than him....

You know this isn't true, either. He has his off games, but he can score.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Thought I'd dust off some of the better DH reading material...

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19940

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19761

And just for fun....

Well Harrison looked pretty good in this game, well actually better than pretty good, he was fantastic. Who was the dummy at the last forum party who said DH was basically worthless, wow I bet he feels stupid right now.

Shade
04-16-2006, 11:20 PM
As soon as I saw SIG had posted, I knew who this was about. ;)

Jon Theodore
04-16-2006, 11:30 PM

i am afraid the man speaks the truth, the pace need to ship him out while he still has POTENTIAL

ajbry
04-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Harrison is severely overrated around here. I don't like him.

Fireball Kid
04-17-2006, 12:12 AM
I'll give him some more time.

Jermaniac
04-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Just like Fred I like him and I dont like him.

Like UB says unless he is pretty much home free for the dunk, he isnt scoring. His FT shooting is ugly. Not a good rebounder. I said a few weeks ago he will never score close to 20 ppg. We overrate him alot.

ChicagoJ
04-17-2006, 12:47 AM
You can't measure David in stats, but by how well he dominates the paint.

He'll never be a dominant scorer becasue he won't be a first/ second/ third option.

He'll never put up huge rebound numbers because other teams will double- and triple- team him with boxouts. But he'll make it very easy for his teammates to get rebounds.

When he remembers not to use his hands defensively, he can own the paint.

It takes centers 3-4 years to really "get it." And David hasn't been exceptionally well-coached (and that includes his current situation) so it may take him a bit longer. Meanwhile, he's already the fifteen-minute per game backup UB says he'll never be. And he's still got tons of upside.

Where's Tree Rollins when we need him?

Bball
04-17-2006, 01:17 AM
I'm not sure I can throw Harrison out so soon and pretend it's because we've learned our lesson with Bender. We don't need to pencil him in for a big contract extension in the near future so that we guarantee we can't afford to re-sign an All-Star center or anything like that... but I don't know that it's time to give up on him either.

Did anyone mention that Harrison's performance uptick and slide coincided with Sarunas' rise and fall from the rotation? At least on the offensive side of the court....

Harrison has shown more potential than Bender ever did. And he's got a body for his position.

That said, if a good deal was out there I don't see making Harrison off-limits.

OTOH... if Pollard doesn't re-sign (and possibly even if he does considering his back issues), and we lose Harrison in a deal that doesn't get us a center back then we're left with no centers...
Well, there's the PF duo of Foster and JO but I like real centers...
but then I like a motion offense too...

-Bball

BoomBaby31
04-17-2006, 01:25 AM
I like DH, but from his point of veiw I think he could develop better on a different team. He will stay back up a while in the Pacers organization. Kind of like Al harrington he was "alright" then went to the Hawks, became a starter and gets alot of minutes. Personally I think DH would do best if he went to the lakers he would fit in great there and Phil Jackson could develop him into the maxium capibility. We should send a package of DH + Tinsley for Mihm. Who would like that deal? DH+tinsley for Chris Mihm?

Bball
04-17-2006, 01:32 AM
I like DH, but from his point of veiw I think he could develop better on a different team. He will stay back up a while in the Pacers organization. Kind of like Al harrington he was "alright" then went to the Hawks, became a starter and gets alot of minutes. Personally I think DH would do best if he went to the lakers he would fit in great there and Phil Jackson could develop him into the maxium capibility. We should send a package of DH + Tinsley for Mihm. Who would like that deal? DH+tinsley for Chris Mihm?

On one hand, I could agree that some other team would probably use him more and get a better handle on how he will do as far has fulfilling his potential goes... (based on recent history)

On the other hand... Why that team isn't the Pacers I don't know. What have we got to lose and don't we need what he has to offer???

In case anyone hasn't noticed, we are a mediocre team and many times this season we've flatout sucked. I think we can afford to see what Harrison can bring us.

-Bball

ssmall
04-17-2006, 05:50 AM
I still like him. Sometimes i want to kill myself when i watch him, but just like with Runi i still have hope he will learn from this season and in the next one will improve.

SoupIsGood
04-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Meanwhile, he's already the fifteen-minute per game backup UB says he'll never be.

Samething I thought.

Also, UB says his bball IQ is near bender-level (which is a joke). But wasn't UB always saying Bender would be an all-star had he been healthy..... :confused:

FireTheCoach
04-17-2006, 07:41 AM
...the thread is based not on how they play, but just how you feel and think about them...

I think DH is a decent guy. He seems quick to laugh and smiles a lot, although he does have a tendency to pout when he thinks the refs either missed a call or when he feels the refs hit him with a foul undeservedly.

Unclebuck
04-17-2006, 08:20 AM
You can't measure David in stats, but by how well he dominates the paint.

He'll never be a dominant scorer becasue he won't be a first/ second/ third option.

He'll never put up huge rebound numbers because other teams will double- and triple- team him with boxouts. But he'll make it very easy for his teammates to get rebounds.

When he remembers not to use his hands defensively, he can own the paint.

It takes centers 3-4 years to really "get it." And David hasn't been exceptionally well-coached (and that includes his current situation) so it may take him a bit longer. Meanwhile, he's already the fifteen-minute per game backup UB says he'll never be. And he's still got tons of upside.

Where's Tree Rollins when we need him?

No I said he would be nothing more than a 10-15 minute per game backup. And right now he isn't that. If I was the coach, I would play Pollard instead of Harrison. And of course I'd play Foster instead of him.

Jay, you don't want us to judge DH by his stats, I'm certainly not doing that, I haven't mentioned one stat involving him. But the number of defensive mistakes he makes in a short period of time makes him difficult to play.

Yes he's had some good games this season, but they are few and far between.

I'm not suggesting we just cut him or just not re-sign him. He has some trade value, lets use it this summer.

indytoad
04-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Harrison is only good when he's playing with Saras, and since Saras will never be any good...

Ship him out before everyone has figured out what UB already has.

IndyToad
Not even an aluminum lining

grace
04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
How can anybody not like the guy who invented the "hot pizza dance"?

SoupIsGood
04-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Yes he's had some good games this season, but they are few and far between.

:bs:

Seed
04-17-2006, 05:26 PM
He has some trade value, lets use it this summer.
I think this is likely, as wer'e expecting another rookie center to join us next year (Erezem Lorbeck) who is a solid player, but has no trade value yet.

Raskolnikov
04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I think this is likely, as wer'e expecting another rookie center to join us next year (Erezem Lorbeck) who is a solid player, but has no trade value yet.
I thought Lorbek was a PF.