PDA

View Full Version : Coach Artest? (Carslile - beware)

Seed
04-16-2006, 04:35 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nba/article/0,2777,DRMN_23922_4625798,00.html

By Chris Tomasson, Rocky Mountain News
April 16, 2006
<!-- /byline -->A year ago, Ron Artest was charging into the stands and getting a 73-game suspension. Now, he’s thinking about molding young minds.
After Saturday’s 100-82 win over the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center, the Sacramento Kings forward talked about one day being a coach. He specifically would like to coach Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony, whom he held to 15 points on 5-of-13 shooting. "I wish I had a chance to work with him,’’ Artest said. "Hopefully, one day I can be a coach and coach a guy like Carmelo Anthony. He's got to move a little more, pass to his teammates a little more, do more without the ball. ‘If you're not scoring, do something else.’ I think I would tell him that, but I don't want to give him too many of my tips. He got frustrated a couple of times (Saturday) when he got passed up, but that happens sometimes, you are going to get passed up. You just keep playing.’’

04-16-2006, 04:44 PM
:lmao:

Kstat
04-16-2006, 04:47 PM
That was a lucid and accurate comment.

It's just funny that came from artest.....

Mourning
04-16-2006, 04:48 PM
:lol:

Shade
04-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Ron is a dumbass.

vapacersfan
04-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Ron is just messing with Melo, not sure if that was intentional or not, but pretty funny.

SamBear
04-16-2006, 10:50 PM
:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anthem
04-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Ron has always had a lot of respect for Melo.

This will sound funny, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ron was a great 1-on-1 coach. He may have a few loose marbles on the PR front, but he knows how to guard people. Just don't make fun of him for being broke while you're playing a pickup game.

denyfizle
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Ron is a dumbass.

I think those comments are very sensible. It's ironic that these 2 are my favorites in the league. With that said, I kinda/sorta think I get what Ron's trying to say. Melo is a great talent, has great leadership skills and is stone cold clutch. But if you're referring to RonRon becoming a coach, well I can't say I could blame you for thinking that's an absurd thought.

Moses
04-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I think those comments are very sensible. It's ironic that these 2 are my favorites in the league. With that said, I kinda/sorta think I get what Ron's trying to say. Melo is a great talent, has great leadership skills and is stone cold clutch. But if you're referring to RonRon becoming a coach, well I can't say I could blame you for thinking that's an absurd thought.
No you must not understand. Ron really is a dumbass..with any aspect you look at him through.

Jermaniac
04-17-2006, 02:43 PM
"He got passed up, but that happens sometimes, you are going to get passed up. You just keep playing"

This the moron that said that he wanted a trade because he wanted more touches.

Moses
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
"He got passed up, but that happens sometimes, you are going to get passed up. You just keep playing"

This the moron that said that he wanted a trade because he wanted more touches.
I was originally going to say this but I was to lazy to go back up and quote exactly what Ron said.

I second this. How hypocritical is it of him to say something like this?

DisplacedKnick
04-17-2006, 03:13 PM
I think it's hilarious myself. I mean really - does anyone still take anything he says seriously?

Ron Artest - mentoring the young players of today.

Too funny.

Since86
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
I was originally going to say this but I was to lazy to go back up and quote exactly what Ron said.

I second this. How hypocritical is it of him to say something like this?

It's not. Notice the magical phrase "sometimes that happens."

Ron felt slighted the entire time. I'm not saying he was, because I don't think he was, but it's different if sometimes it happens as opposed to all the time.

But I still see you refer to him as a dumbass on every aspect, when you don't even know the man. Why to have hatred cover your eyes, it makes you look very respectable.

RickDerris
04-19-2006, 05:16 PM
coach artest= a generation of serial killers