PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread:Pacers @ Bobacts

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:20 PM
Stojakovic is a choker. Nothing from him tonight, he kept asking for the ball but he wouldnt help out on defense to save his damn life.

Stephen Jackson's blown play when he refused to give the ball to JO in the paint was just stupid. When he would give the ball up even though his pants where falling off where stupid.

Danny Granger could start over any of these two fools and I wouldnt be mad.

Jermaine shot the ball twice in the damn OT, 2 damn times. Why the hell would you post Stephen Jackson up when we got a damn top 5 PF in the NBA on our team. Amazing coaching by Rick tonight, once again Jermaine didnt get the ball enough.

D-BONE
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
That was laughable! Silenced by a bunch of rooks led by Primoz.

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Great game, great win. We're going to be dangerous come playoff time. That Stephen Jackson, he's something special.

317Kim
04-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Danger had a nice line. 9 points 8 boards and 4 blocks.

So that's 9 straight losses in a row.

1 point makes a huge difference around this time. We made the playoffs but we have 2 games to position ourselves which is in a back to back situation. I hope Wiz and Bucks lose that game vs Pistons.

We're 0-2 in OT. The only NBA team to not win an overtime game.

Anthem
04-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Stojakovic is a choker. Nothing from him tonight, he kept asking for the ball but he wouldnt help out on defense to save his damn life.
Well, he was hurt. But then, I'd rather a hurt player not get so many shots.

04-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Yea, good job mr. Jermaine lover, blame it on Peja and call him a choker who shot only ONCE in overtime with 2 mins left and was denied once again by this team and the fact that it was your "GOD" who choked once again...

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
I actually dont blame Stephen for what happend in OT, Our coach is the one who kept putting the damn ball in his hands.

sweabs
04-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Danny Granger could start over any of these two fools and I wouldnt be mad.

He needs the starting position next year, in my opinion.

By the way, who else is just waiting for this season to be over and done with? I just feel so disjointed from this team, as currently assembled. I realize that it will all be restructured in the offseason, and I guess I'm just waiting for then to start renewing my energy in this team...

Seems like the team is getting that vibe as well. It's as if they're just going through the motions right now, realizing that this current team is a temporary thing until next year. Wait till next year, wait till next year, wait till next year.

Anthem
04-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Peja . . . was denied once again by this team
That's the second tme you've said that. I'm not sure what you mean.

Peja shot like crap and didn't outplay his backup, who is a rookie.

I don't see Peja as the guy getting denied.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Yea, good job mr. Jermaine lover, blame it on Peja and call him a choker who shot only ONCE in overtime with 2 mins left and was denied once again by this team and the fact that it was your "GOD" who choked once again...How many shots the Chokervic hit in the 4th qtr. How many times did he leave that Jumpshooter from the Bobcats open. He put up 12 points on him.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:28 PM

By the way, who else is just waiting for this season to be over and done with? I just feel so disjointed from this team, as currently assembled. I realize that it will all be restructured in the offseason, and I guess I'm just waiting for then to start renewing my energy in this team...

Seems like the team is getting that vibe as well. It's as if they're just going through the motions right now, realizing that this current team is a temporary thing until next year. Wait till next year, wait till next year, wait till next year.
Its clear that they dont trust each other. Beating 3 of the worst teams in the NBA at home isnt ****. They go on the road for the first time and they choke.

Fireball Kid
04-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Great game, great win. We're going to be dangerous come playoff time. That Stephen Jackson, he's something special.

Stephen Jackson special?? What the hell are you talking about? Special?? Hes not special. Hes anything but special. Hes the opposite of special. Hes terrible.

Wait a minute........oh OHHHHHHHHHHHH I get it. Funny.:laugh:

Kegboy
04-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Perhaps Peja shouldn't have been playing with that wrist.

04-15-2006, 10:29 PM
That's the second tme you've said that. I'm not sure what you mean.

Peja shot like crap and didn't outplay his backup, who is a rookie.

I don't see Peja as the guy getting denied.

He plays thru an injury and dont tell me you dont know what i mean with that Peja is geting denied? Everytime in final seconds we ALL know who the ball goes to and chokes it...

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Jax played a pretty good game, although his missed free throws were a killer, but he played well.

J.O was very good, but 6 turnovers is just way too many

Saras was an embarrassment to the sport of basketball. 4 turnovers in 19 minutes, terrible defense, allowing Carroll to get hot. Why a lot of Pacers fans think he should be playing more is beyond me, because he really is terrible. I've seen enough, actually I've seen too much. I've never wanted to see Tinsley playing so bad in my life.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:31 PM
The ball goes to other people because he couldnt make a damn shot. He took a 3 in the 4th and he hit the damn side of the backboard. It was clear the guy was scared when it mattered the most, if he had the backbone to take that shot they would have gave it to him they ran away from him for a reason.

Jermaniac
Saras was an embarrassment to the sport of basketball. 4 turnovers in 19 minutes, terrible defense, allowing Carroll to get hot. Why a lot of Pacers fans think he should be playing more is beyond me, because he really is terrible. I've seen enough, actually I've too much. I've never wanted to see Tinsley playing so bad in my life.

THE TRUTH

Pacersfan.
This game showed me that we are going no where with AJ starting. We need a sane and somewhat healthy Tinsley to have a chance at winning a few games in the first round.

04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
How many shots the Chokervic hit in the 4th qtr. How many times did he leave that Jumpshooter from the Bobcats open. He put up 12 points on him.

Ehhh? Peja plays with an injury and made one of the biggest baskets with 1 min left in 4th quarter, before Sjax made the layup, remember?

PS: Jerm, i know you LOVE to blame on someone everytime, but when your Choking GOD does it everytime you go just nuts and deny it.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 10:33 PM

Yeah, I'm about there. This season has drained me time after time. If it isn't Ron Artest screwing you over, it's the many times we've choked against the 30 games under .500 teams OWNING YOU.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Ehhh? Peja plays with an injury and made one of the biggest baskets with 1 min left in 4th quarter, before Sjax made the layup, remember?

PS: Jerm, i know you LOVE to blame on someone everytime, but when your Choking GOD does it everytime you go just nuts and deny it. I dont care if he plays with an injury if he cant play right with that injury then he shouldnt play.

If it wasnt for Jermaine there wouldnt have been a comeback, or a overtime.

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM

He needs it now, right now, this second.

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2006, 10:36 PM
He plays thru an injury and dont tell me you dont know what i mean with that Peja is geting denied? Everytime in final seconds we ALL know who the ball goes to...

Peja had no business taking a game winning shot, I don't care if you think he was denied or not. For the way he was shooting, he should have had a damn mason trowel in his hands for all the bricks he was casting up!

I'm not going to label him a choker, yet...but if he couldn't shoot long range, why take long range shots?

Kegboy
04-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Saras was an embarrassment to the sport of basketball. 4 turnovers in 19 minutes, terrible defense, allowing Carroll to get hot. Why a lot of Pacers fans think he should be playing more is beyond me, because he really is terrible. I've seen enough, actually I've seen too much. I've never wanted to see Tinsley playing so bad in my life.

Hater.

:chuckle:

SjA3837
04-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Jermaine shot the ball twice in the damn OT, 2 damn times. Why the hell would you post Stephen Jackson up when we got a damn top 5 PF in the NBA on our team. Amazing coaching by Rick tonight, once again Jermaine didnt get the ball enough.

Wasn't that JO that missed the shot on the play designed for him ? He choked.

Big Smooth
04-15-2006, 10:39 PM
The ball goes to other people because he couldnt make a damn shot. He took a 3 in the 4th and he hit the damn side of the backboard. It was clear the guy was scared when it mattered the most, if he had the backbone to take that shot they would have gave it to him they ran away from him for a reason.

Peja had a bad game. Not sure how that translates into him being scared tonight.

Fireball Kid
04-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Jermaine could never choke because Jermaine is God, and Gods never choke.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Wasn't that JO that missed the shot on the play designed for him ?If he got the ball earlier he wouldnt have need to make a game winning basket. He got the ball twice in OT, he once got to the FT line. Second time he passed it and they turned it over. If dominating the game the way he did tonight was worth just 2 shots in OT. Then God Bless Rick's system.

Mourning
04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Shooting 60% from the Free Throw line and 18% from 3-pointland and taking a freaking 22 of them is what killed us and true Sarunas was FUGLY tonight.

Unclebuck
Pacers lost the game because of the horrible first half they played. Even though the P's had an 8 point lead with about 5 minutes to go in the 4th until Carroll got hot, it was still the first half. Even if the score was tied at halftime the Pacers great 3rd quarter would have made the 4th quarter irrelevant.

If Foster or JT play tonight the pacers win though

317Kim
On a bright note, vapacersfan is back.

Peja had a decent game but didn't shoot well. His 5-5 FTs got him to 18 points. You can tell there's something wrong.

275-4444 CALL-A-PACER

Big Smooth
04-15-2006, 10:42 PM
I dont care if he plays with an injury if he cant play right with that injury then he shouldnt play.

If it wasnt for Jermaine there wouldnt have been a comeback, or a overtime.

Agreed on the first point. I think that is more than likely the case tonight.

On the second point, I didn't see the entire game but based on Jermaine's numbers and what I saw, it looked like he played well. That shot at the end of the game, looked like he was wide open but then the Charlotte defender did a good job of recovering and at least challenging the shot.

The fundamental problem is we shouldn't be in a position where ANYBODY on this team has to hit a buzzer beater to beat a depleted Bobcats squad. I'll leave it to others to assign blame, I just want the situation fixed by next season.

ManicStreetPreachers
04-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Peja sucked tonight, but still maneged 18pts and 7 rebounds. I don't know if I would trust him 100% in the 4th (considering his past), even though he has had some pretty big 4th qtrs since becoming a Pacer.

Why did Cro play only 17 minutes?

Tim
04-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Jax played a pretty good game, although his missed free throws were a killer, but he played well.

J.O was very good, but 6 turnovers is just way too many

Hehe, and a few months back you wanted Tinsley off the team and the keys to the city handed to Cabbage.

I don't blame Cabbage at this point for some of his poor play. If he played consistent minutes every game he would be better, or at least we would have more good with the bad.

Also, if there must be a choice between keeping Cabbage and Tinsley, I now have to go with Cabbage only because Tinsley has missed so much time.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 10:44 PM
Peja sucked tonight, but still maneged 18pts and 7 rebounds. I don't know if I would trust him 100% in the 4th (considering his past), even though he has had some pretty big 4th qtrs since becoming a Pacer.

Why did Cro play only 17 minutes?
I don't know. All I remember him doing was missing shots, though.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Peja had a bad game. Not sure how that translates into him being scared tonight.He has a bad game everytime its a close game with some minutes left. Coincidence? Maybe not.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Hehe, and a few months back you wanted Tinsley off the team and the keys to the city handed to Cabbage.

I don't blame Cabbage at this point for some of his poor play. If he played consistent minutes every game he would be better, or at least we would have more good with the bad.

Also, if there must be a choice between keeping Cabbage and Tinsley, I now have to go with Cabbage only because Tinsley has missed so much time.
I agree. If we trade Sarunas, we'll be seeing a lot of an AJ-Gill PG rotation, because Tinsley can only play about 35 games a year. Then when he comes back he'll manage to be in and out of the lineup. That stuff kills chemistry and I want it stopped.

I don't even hate Tinsley, I like his game (When he's looking to pass) but he just can't stay on the court.

Sad. But, true.

sweabs
04-15-2006, 10:48 PM
If Foster or JT play tonight the pacers win though

Awww...well that's nice! :devil:

Hate to break it to you, but the EXPANSION team we just lost to was missing...let's see...

1) Brevin Knight
2) Gerald Wallace
3) Emeka Okafor
4) Sean May

If THEY play tonight, the Bobcats blow us out (again).

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 10:49 PM

Yes I did post that back in November. And the thread has vanished, I was looking for it the other day, because while I was clearly wrong about Saras, my reasoning as I remember was 100% correct.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 10:49 PM
He has a bad game everytime its a close game with some minutes left. Coincidence? Maybe not.
Come on man, quit trying to, dare I say it, hate.

Seriously, he hasn't been that bad in the fourth for us. I remember him catching fire in the fourth in some games. Not his fault Rick automatically wants AJ or Jack taking the last shot a lot of the times.

SjA3837
04-15-2006, 10:51 PM
If he got the ball earlier he wouldnt have need to make a game winning basket. He got the ball twice in OT, he once got to the FT line. Second time he passed it and they turned it over. If dominating the game the way he did tonight was worth just 2 shots in OT. Then God Bless Rick's system.

He has a bad game everytime its a close game with some minutes left. Coincidence? Maybe not.

JO shot 61% 8 rebounds with 6 turnovers
Peja shot 40% 7 rebounds with 2 turnovers

JO takes shots within 10 feet of the basket, he better have a better percent than Peja.

JO didn't do much better than Peja.

Hicks
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM

That's crap and you know it. I can immediately think of Atlanta and New York where he was hot at the end of the game. I know that's not all, either.

I am so sick of people taking half-truth (if even) and running with it on this forum. It makes it un-damn-readable.

04-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I just think its a miracle that im the only one in here who is geting tired of you Jermaniac, blaming on innocent people all the time and im the only one who actually talk with you about this? No offense Jerm, i really do like you, but you are making it tough, its just CLEAR that you are only a Jermaine fan and not a Pacer fan when you blame on everybody but NEVER on Jermaine (tonight was a good example) and call the pacer players/coach stupid stuff. The most irritating part is when someone replys your posts you either ignore them or get cocky and you are a what i call "Flame Teaser". You obviously dont care about people liking you i guess, what do you want honestly??? Want everybody to just put you on the Ignore list?

Anthem
04-15-2006, 10:58 PM
I just think its a miracle that im the only one in here who is geting tired of you Jermaniac,
No, most of us are tired of his act.

But the "this team has denied Peja" routine was pretty tired, too.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I just think its a miracle that im the only one in here who is geting tired of you Jermaniac, blaming on innocent people all the time and im the only one who actually talk with you about this? No offense Jerm, i really do like you, but you are making it tough, its just CLEAR that you are only a Jermaine fan and not a Pacer fan when you blame on everybody but NEVER on Jermaine (tonight was a good example) and call the pacer players/coach stupid stuff. The most irritating part is when someone replys your posts you either ignore them or get cocky and you are a what i call "Flame Teaser". You obviously dont care about people liking you i guess, what do you want honestly??? Want everybody to just put you on the Ignore list?Yes Jermaine O'Neal fan only. Not a Pacers fan Jermaine O'Neal fan.

Which explains why I stayed a fan of this team when they sucked through the brawl days. When Jermaine got hurt for more then 20 games in the last 2 seasons. Yes just a Jermaine O'Neal fan, my day gets ruined when this team loses but I'm a Jermaine O'Neal fan only.

I'm pissed that we lost right now but all I care about is JO getting his.

You dont know **** about me dog.

04-15-2006, 11:01 PM
No, most of us are tired of his act.

But the "this team (mostly sjax) has denied Peja in clutch situations" routine was pretty tired, too.

Fixed.

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
The sad thing is I had zero confidence that the Pacers would win the game once it got close in the final 2 minutes and when you consider the Cats are a bad team, and I still expected us to lose a close game. The players also have to expect to lose at least to some degree.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Also Matt Carroll on JO at the end of the regulation and Jack A Shot tries to play hero and totaly breaks a play. If this fool is a Pacer next year I will have a hard time watching this team.

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank God for the ignore feature.

Evan_The_Dude
04-15-2006, 11:13 PM
The only reason we lost this game was missed free-throws. Look at who wasn't making free-throws, thats who you blame. I think Carlisle did a damn good job tonight. It's nice that JO had 30 points, but I'd think he's veteran enough to not fall for the 'ol pull out the chair trick... come on now.

Peja played because he's a threat on the floor. Think about it, regardless of whether or not he's hitting his shot, he's always going to draw attention. I'll give it to him for playing through it. This game shows what type of playoff pressure Saras will get... I think it also showed how he's gonna handle it.

I've just concluded that the Pacers just aren't that good of a team. Everybody on this team except Granger lacks that second gear. He's the only one I see that can make that key play when the team really needs it most. I'd like to see us try going to him offensively more often.

I don't think that second gear comes with skill, I think it comes with experience. This is why the Bobcats play like they do... They have many proven winners on their team. We don't truely have that.

Pacersin6
04-15-2006, 11:14 PM
You know, I love reading this board but why Jermaniac isn't banned is beyond me....he is very rude to all.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Show me where I insulted someone on this board? I criticize players its not my fault they cant play.

Fireball Kid
04-15-2006, 11:15 PM
#31 is a dog? I didnt know that........wow. A dog that can talk, like Brian from Family Guy. Amazing!

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 11:16 PM
You know, I love reading this board but why Jermaniac isn't banned is beyond me....he is very rude to all.

I was just wondering the same thing, but then decided to head for the ignore button. I suggest it. I know that Jerm himself even recommends it...

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:22 PM
#31 is a dog? I didnt know that........wow. A dog that can talk, like Brian from Family Guy. Amazing!God Bless you son.

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I think all Pacers fans judge J.O a little differently than other Pacer players. The reason is the amount of money he makes, he is getting paid like one of the best players in the NBA so we expect him to play like that. He's the 9th highest paid guy in the NBA. Just think what we could do with his 15.4 Million dollar salary, we could have two or three other players.

We expect him to stay healthy and win games for us, we expect him to be clutch, we expect a lot out of a player who makes 15.4 Million this season

circlecitysportsfan
04-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Show me where I insulted someone on this board? I criticize players its not my fault they cant play.

You aight Jerm, say what you feel.

bulletproof
04-15-2006, 11:30 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned AJ's 3 missed FTs down the stretch, the awful inbounds pass on the last play of regulation, the turnover in OT that turned the game around... the guy almost singlehandedly lost the game for us. Oh, and it's beyond me why we protected Bender in the expansion draft and left Primoz unprotected. Mindboggling.

SjA3837
04-15-2006, 11:31 PM

I don't think he should be banned. It's just his opinion on players are a bit off... compared to what everyone else sees. I'm starting to think he doesn't even watch the games, he just has the same set of replys set after a win, and lose. It gets old.

beast23
04-15-2006, 11:33 PM
The sad thing is I had zero confidence that the Pacers would win the game once it got close in the final 2 minutes and when you consider the Cats are a bad team, and I still expected us to lose a close game. The players also have to expect to lose at least to some degree.Bingo.

That is the precise point that I thought we'd get beat. We had just completed another possesion where we did not take a couple of wide-open shots, but instead overpassed until Jackson finally through an over the top pass to Granger at the far side of the court. Granger was either not expecting the pass or was did not focus on the ball as it arrived, because he lost it out of bounds.

In that one possession, it appeared that our guys were "afraid to take the shot". That was the precise moment when I looked at my wife and said "Holy crap, Batman. We're gonna lose this one!"

SjA3837
04-15-2006, 11:36 PM
Bingo.

That is the precise point that I thought we'd get beat. We had just completed another possesion where we did not take a couple of wide-open shots, but instead overpassed until Jackson finally through an over the top pass to Granger at the far side of the court. Granger was either not expecting the pass or was did not focus on the ball as it arrived, because he lost it out of bounds.

In that one possession, it appeared that our guys were "afraid to take the shot". That was the precise moment when I looked at my wife and said "Holy crap, Batman. We're gonna lose this one!"

You're married to Batman ?!?! :jawdrop:

Will Galen
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I just think its a miracle that im the only one in here who is geting tired of you Jermaniac, blaming on innocent people all the time and im the only one who actually talk with you about this? No offense Jerm, i really do like you, but you are making it tough, its just CLEAR that you are only a Jermaine fan and not a Pacer fan when you blame on everybody but NEVER on Jermaine (tonight was a good example) and call the pacer players/coach stupid stuff. The most irritating part is when someone replys your posts you either ignore them or get cocky and you are a what i call "Flame Teaser". You obviously dont care about people liking you i guess, what do you want honestly??? Want everybody to just put you on the Ignore list?

He's on my ignore list and everybody quotes him. I wish people would quit that! His half truths and swearing makes threads, as Hicks said, if not unreadable, unpalatable.

Hicks
04-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh, and it's beyond me why Donnie protected Bender in the expansion draft and left Primoz unprotected. Mindboggling.

Fixed. :D

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 11:40 PM
Fixed. :D

:D

Hicks
04-15-2006, 11:43 PM
By the way, I thought this was always around, but to my surprise it was not, so I just went in and added it.

From now on, ignoring a user is very easy. Click on his name, and the last option on the menu that drops down is to add him/her to your ignore list. Click that, and you'll be taken directly to the screen where with the click of a confirmation button, that person is ignored. Enjoy!

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:45 PM
There you go. You dont like reading it, dont read it.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
By the way, I thought this was always around, but to my surprise it was not, so I just went in and added it.

From now on, ignoring a user is very easy. Click on his name, and the last option on the menu that drops down is to add him/her to your ignore list. Click that, and you'll be taken directly to the screen where with the click of a confirmation button, that person is ignored. Enjoy!
Nice. Even though I refuse to use that feature.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:51 PM
Hicks made it easy for you guys, now you can ignore Jermaniac in a quick, pull down version of user options tab. That is easy to use and takes you right to the confirmation button. Only 3 mouse clicks guys, right from the chair in front of your computer.

ALL THIS For 3 easy payments of $19.95.

Hicks
04-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Hicks made it easy for you guys, now you can ignore Jermaniac in a quick, pull down version of user options tab. That is easy to use and takes you right to the confirmation button. Only 3 mouse clicks guys, right from the chair in front of your computer.

ALL THIS For 3 easy payments of $19.95.

1. Don't be a jerk.

You have no right, at any time, to deny anyone on this forum the right to have a positive experience and/or conversation on this forum. Intentionally acting rude, insulting, flaming, belittling, name-calling, hateful or insensitive to anyone or their friends, family, or where they live is not acceptable. We will not always agree with each other, but show some respect. If you do one of these things, it will be edited. If you continuously do it, you will be asked to stop, and if you fail to stop after talking with us about it, you will be dealt with in whatever way we feel is appropriate. If what was said is particularly obscene, you will be banned.

Every situation is different, and depending on how we or the person(s) being verbally abused takes your post, it can affect the severity of our response.

If what was said is viewed as light-hearted, or there was a simple misunderstanding, it might be OK and no harm is done. On the other hand, if what was said is viewed as particularly bad, we have the right to bypass a warning and immediately ban you.

What is seen as "particularly bad"? That depends on the situation, but generally speaking, if we believe what was said was blatantly racist, hateful, or otherwise mean-spirited/obscene/offensive, you will most likely be immediately dealt with.

Be sure to read this if you feel you are being accused or punished over a simple misunderstanding:

If you feel that you were in no way intentionally trying to insult anyone, and it was a simple misunderstanding, you must go out of your way to explain yourself. This is critically important to avoid any further misunderstandings, unfair treatment, or needless animosity.

If you offend somebody, responding with a :rolleyes: and "I was just joking" doesn't cut it. You have to explain yourself.

Joking around is fine, but it helps if you make it known you're fooling around. Nobody can read your mind here.

I won't be reminding much longer.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 11:53 PM
That post was jerkish? Who was I being a jerk to?

Big Smooth
04-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Also Matt Carroll on JO at the end of the regulation and Jack A Shot tries to play hero and totaly breaks a play. If this fool is a Pacer next year I will have a hard time watching this team.

SJax did blow that one BADLY. His basketball IQ seems to have taken a deep dive this season. I know cue the bad jokes but I have actually like him overall as a Pacer and have defended him at times. But I can't really do it anymore because he does things on the court which kill the argument. He act has worn thin.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM
SJax did blow that one BADLY. His basketball IQ seems to have taken a deep dive this season. I know cue the bad jokes but I have actually like him overall as a Pacer and have defended him at times. But I can't really do it anymore because he does things on the court which kill the argument. He act has worn thin.Last season I actually though about switching my username to Action Jackson, Jack last year was a very good player. Maybe losing Mike Brown had a huge effect on him.

bulletproof
04-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Jermaniac adds color to this place.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:03 AM
Jermaniac adds color to this place.Stephen A. Jermaniac

Hicks
04-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Jermaniac adds color to this place.

Coming from you, that means...... almost nothing.

Big Smooth
04-16-2006, 12:09 AM
Last season I actually though about switching my username to Action Jackson, Jack last year was a very good player. Maybe losing Mike Brown had a huge effect on him.

Okay here is my theory in a nutshell:

SJax has been forced into playing a much more prominent role on the team the past 2 seasons due to suspensions/injuries. In those games before the brawl, he seemed to fit in fine with our team concept with our full team (minus Reggie) on the floor.

In the aftermath of that mess, he comes back to a team that needs his scoring A LOT more so he does what he can. Last season was not so bad, he seemed under control much more than this season. I think what we've seen lately is just the cumulative effect of all the instability eating away at the heart & soul of this team and SJax trying way too hard.

I think he is the ultimate teammate which perhaps sounds strange given his play this season but I'll leave it at that rather than drag people back into the day we'd all rather forget.

Nutshell version closed, nothing more to say about that!

Big Smooth
04-16-2006, 12:10 AM

Well if the guy is bulletproof, I guess that means something.

;)

LOL!

Sorry, just trying to ease the mood here.

04-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I love u Jerm, i just want u to change a bit (hmm, kinda feel that way about JO to), also we come from same country and culture! Act like it! :)

Peace

beast23
04-16-2006, 12:17 AM

From now on, ignoring a user is very easy. Click on his name, and the last option on the menu that drops down is to add him/her to your ignore list. Click that, and you'll be taken directly to the screen where with the click of a confirmation button, that person is ignored. Enjoy!Yes, indeed. I found it to be a very enjoyable experience! Very refreshing.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
I love u Jerm, i just want u to change a bit (hmm, kinda feel that way about JO to), also we come from same country and culture! Act like it! :)

PeaceI'm not going to change anything there isnt anything wrong with me. We are talking basketball and I like to criticize players when the play bad. Is it my fault that a player sucks, nope I had nothing to do with that. I'm not insutling any of you or calling any of you out. There is nothing to change.

Hate it or Love it, thats up to you.

Moses
04-16-2006, 12:27 AM
On a more positive note, I had a great night out at the bars after the game with some friends.

I'm leaning towards avoiding the forums after losses like this. It's aggravating but at the very same time, hilarious. You have guys like Jermaniac who really have no idea what they are talking about and are being biased towards different players and then you've got guys like PacerFan241 (Generic name, Not really a person just a generalization of people) saying to fire Carlisle..Or that it was Carlisles fault that Jack and AJ choked on free throws.

The fact of the matter is, there should have been no OT. AJ should have made an extra free throw. Jack should have made at least one. Or if neither of those, someone should have been called for a foul on that final play where Primo rebounded it. Someone just threw a bow right into JO and knocked him out of the play. This team had so many chances to win and blew it. We are the worst team in the league when it comes to the final 2 minutes of a close game.

No need to get upset about it. Not like we will make it beyond the first or second round anyways.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Please write me a story about how Jack and Peja had good games tonight. Let me see how biased I'm.

04-16-2006, 12:37 AM
I'm not going to change anything there isnt anything wrong with me.
We are talking basketball and I like to criticize players when the play bad.
Is it my fault that a player sucks, nope I had nothing to do with that.
I'm not insutling any of you or calling any of you out. There is nothing to change.

Hate it or Love it, thats up to you.

Is it just me or does this text look like lyrics straight out from a gangsta rap song? J/K jerm :D

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
If you actually saw the game, you would have easily seen who was leading that Pacers comeback in the 3rd qtr. And why they where in the game after that horrible 2nd qtr. If Jack hit those FT's we would talking about how Jermaine played great tonight instead of all this other BS.

SjA3837
04-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Please write me a story about how Jack and Peja had good games tonight. Let me see how biased I'm.

JO shot 61% 8 rebounds 2 ast with 6 turnovers
Peja shot 40% 7 rebounds 1 ast with 2 turnovers
Jax shot 43% 6 rebounds 5 ast with 2 turnovers

JO should have a better %, he shoots from 10 feet in.

If he got the ball earlier he wouldnt have need to make a game winning basket. He got the ball twice in OT, he once got to the FT line. Second time he passed it and they turned it over. If dominating the game the way he did tonight was worth just 2 shots in OT. Then God Bless Rick's system.

If JO had a dominating game tonight, then Jackson and Peja had atleast a good game.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 12:53 AM
lol Jermaine shoots from 10 feet in? Who says Jack and Peja cant drive to the bucket more, no one is forcing them to settle for jumpshots.

SjA3837
04-16-2006, 12:58 AM
lol Jermaine shoots from 10 feet in? Who says Jack and Peja cant drive to the bucket more, no one is forcing them to settle for jumpshots.

If no one took jumpshots, and if we had no perimeter game, JO would not have the room to work with down low. They need to take those shots every once in awhile to spread the floor.

Anthem
04-16-2006, 01:01 AM
there isnt anything wrong with me.
I'm not sure you're qualified to make that statement. That's not an insult... I wouldn't be qualified to make that statement about myself.

But if a bunch of people who have no ulterior motive all told me I was acting like an immature jerk, I would listen.

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 01:02 AM
That would have been nice tonight, 2 for 8 from 3. If their job is to open space for JO then they didnt do their job tonight. And if their shots are not falling maybe they should do what JO does and shoot from 10 feet in.

SjA3837
04-16-2006, 01:04 AM
That would have been nice tonight, 2 for 8 from 3. If their job is to open space for JO then they didnt do their job tonight. And if their shots are not falling maybe they should do what JO does and shoot from 10 feet in.

If they make the shots or not, teams are still going to go out and cover them. You don't leave a shooter like Peja open on the perimeter.

waterjater
04-16-2006, 01:07 AM
i just laughed my *** off at the end of the game.....because we are pathetic....just pathetic.

FT's...how fricking hard are they to make. And Stephen Jackson was the moron guarding Carroll and constantly leaving him open on help defense. STUPID!

Get rid of this guy.

Water

Jermaniac
04-16-2006, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure you're qualified to make that statement. And don't get all defensive... I wouldn't be qualified to make that statement about myself.

But if a bunch of people who have no ulterior motive all told me I was acting like an immature jerk, I would listen.I dont know any of you. I'm not involved in your personal lives and I really dont care what you do and what you tell me about me, you dont know anything about me like I said. If any of you where my girl, my family, my friends and you told me that I need to change something about my self I would, but you are not. If I wanted advice about my attitude I would have went and seen a shrink.

I'm here to talk basketball not get in a circle sing kumbaya, and change my life. Like I said I havent made anything personal against any of you until yall start getting personal with me and even then most of the time I dont say jack. I talk about basketball, if you are so attached to this team that it hurts your soul when I criticize them, then thats your fault not mine.

PostArtestEra
04-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Is it just me or does this text look like lyrics straight out from a gangsta rap song? J/K jerm :D

Its way too insightful to come out of "gangsta rap".

P.S. Why can't we all just get along.

CableKC
04-16-2006, 01:13 AM
I was watching NBA Fastbreak....and Paul Silas was commenting on JONeal not getting the ball as often when he was guarded by Matt Carroll ( I don't know if this was during the OT or not )....and then when he did get the ball...there was an instance where he should have driven to the hoop ( cuz there was no one between him and the hoop ) and decided to take a jump shot ( and miss the shot ).

In the 1st instance....I don't know if its Carlisle not recognizing mismatches in the lineup ( with JONeal having a clear 3 inch advantage and a favorable matchup against Carroll.....which I doubt when it comes to Rick "I look for mismatches" Carlisle ) and not calling a play for him.......or if the players that have the ball aren't getting the ball to him cuz they aren't looking to pass it ( which I would suspect is the case ).

In the 2nd instance......I think that every perpetually injured player on the Pacers...like Tinsley, JONeal and ( to a lesser degree ) Freddie.....and even Ironmen...like SJax.....are reluctant to do the right thing and drive to the hoop...cuz its the easier to settle for a jump shot then take the abuse associated with driving to the hoop.

Lord Helmet
04-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, it is too damn bad we suck at FT's.

CableKC
04-16-2006, 01:36 AM
How much control do you think Carlisle exerts on the offensive end now?

Do you think he still micromanages EVERY play?

or

Do you think that he has less control over the plays when his starters ( the ones that supposedly tuned him out ) are in?

I think its the later......when it comes to the younger and backup players ( wiht the exception of AJ and Croshere )...he may have greater influence on the offense....cuz he can easily yank them. But I think that most of the offense is somehow run with most of the players taking control on their own when it comes to the Starters. I do question why Carlisle does what he does sometimes ( when it comes to strange substition patterns ) but I don't think that he is such a poor offensive coach that he would micromanage a player and intentionally call a play for certain players ( and we know who I am talking about ) when there are clear offensive mismatches with other players on the floor.

Raskolnikov
04-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Hahahahaha

caaprius
04-16-2006, 04:07 AM
80 GP, 41 L already. and after each loss there are guys who just scream "he's a choker", "he cant defend", "he cant hit big shot" etc etc. then next game comes, Indy wins, and the same guy screaming "he was fantastic", "i'm happy we got him instead of maggette" etc etc.

gosh, you have such a long season but make SO SERIOUS statements after ONE game...

bulletproof
04-16-2006, 04:24 AM

You're right. Homogenization is where it's at. One of us...one of us...

bulldog
04-16-2006, 07:32 AM
80 GP, 41 L already. and after each loss there are guys who just scream "he's a choker", "he cant defend", "he cant hit big shot" etc etc. then next game comes, Indy wins, and the same guy screaming "he was fantastic", "i'm happy we got him instead of maggette" etc etc.

gosh, you have such a long season but make SO SERIOUS statements after ONE game...
':thumbup:

Unclebuck
04-16-2006, 08:13 AM
i just laughed my *** off at the end of the game.....because we are pathetic....just pathetic.

FT's...how fricking hard are they to make. And Stephen Jackson was the moron guarding Carroll and constantly leaving him open on help defense. STUPID!

Get rid of this guy.

Water

That isn't really true, Jax wasn't even in the game when Carroll got hot, in fact Jax did an excellent job on him except for one time when he left him momentarily to help on Felton, Carroll got an open 2 right near the Pacers bench. Jax made a mistake then and Rick mentioned in in his postgame presser.

Slick Pinkham
04-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Sarunas Just-urn-it-over-again-icious was absolutely horrible.

The defense on Brezac and Voskuhl was awful. These guys looked like twin towers David Robinson and Duncan when they were in their prime against our pathetic defense.

The Bobcats would win a seven game series against the Pacers if they had home court.

Wow we stink.

But I'm sure we'll turn it around and win it all.

< have some Pacers Kool-Aid

Hicks
04-16-2006, 09:20 AM
I dont know any of you. I'm not involved in your personal lives and I really dont care what you do and what you tell me about me, you dont know anything about me like I said. If any of you where my girl, my family, my friends and you told me that I need to change something about my self I would, but you are not. If I wanted advice about my attitude I would have went and seen a shrink.

I'm here to talk basketball not get in a circle sing kumbaya, and change my life. Like I said I havent made anything personal against any of you until yall start getting personal with me and even then most of the time I dont say jack. I talk about basketball, if you are so attached to this team that it hurts your soul when I criticize them, then thats your fault not mine.

You're right, no one knows you in real life that posts here. That means your actions on this board alone are causing people to say these things to you. You're obviously doing something.

Hicks
04-16-2006, 09:26 AM
You're right. Homogenization is where it's at. One of us...one of us...

You will be assimilated.

:borg:

D-BONE
04-16-2006, 12:09 PM
The defense on Brezac and Voskuhl was awful. These guys looked like twin towers David Robinson and Duncan when they were in their prime against our pathetic defense.

Don't forget the always dangerous Melvin Ely. How many right hand jump hooks did he rain in over JO in the overtime? At least 2 or 3 consecutive possesions. How about forcing him to turn to his left shoulder once? What a concept! The boss men have an intimidating task ahead trying to salvage this travesty of a team.

D-BONE
04-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Think about it. JO, Peja, and Jack couldn't overcome a group spearheaded by a rookie (Felton, although he's really good), and two guys likely destined to be career back-ups in Carrol and Ely. Oh yeah, and one guy we just gave up on in Brezec. Dispicable. It won't end soon enough.

Evan_The_Dude
04-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I don't understand why folks here get so butthurt about what Jermaniac says. Just like anybody else, don't like it, don't respond to it or just don't read it. I don't agree with everything he says but I don't get my panties all in a bunch over it either. Just my .02

Shade
04-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I didn't get to see the Boobkitties game, but I fully expected a loss, so I'm not surprised.

We've only played minimally better since the Pistons loss, but we've been winning due to increased effort and playing against bad teams. This group just simply does not mesh well together, and is one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA. I hate Ron Artest more and more every day due to that.

Even if we win the last two regular season games (which I believe we will...though that Orlando game will be very scary if the Magic are still in the playoff hunt), we're going to be first-round fodder for anyone we play. We may snag a win or two, but it's best to just preapre for a first-round exit and blow this team up.

Btw, I like Peja, but I'm thinking more and more it would be a good idea to let him walk if it brings us a quality starting SG or PG. Danny's the future at Peja's spot.

Outlaw
04-16-2006, 02:27 PM
I think all Pacers fans judge J.O a little differently than other Pacer players. The reason is the amount of money he makes, he is getting paid like one of the best players in the NBA so we expect him to play like that. He's the 9th highest paid guy in the NBA. Just think what we could do with his 15.4 Million dollar salary, we could have two or three other players.

We expect him to stay healthy and win games for us, we expect him to be clutch, we expect a lot out of a player who makes 15.4 Million this season

Well said!!!:cool:

McKeyFan
04-16-2006, 02:33 PM
I like the fact that Jermaniac is allowed to stay on the board despite his unpopularity. It adds credibility to open opinion here. It gives me encouragement that any future opinions I have of an unpopular nature won't jeopardize my status on the board. That's how it should be.

Free speech within the limits of decency.

Shade
04-16-2006, 02:39 PM

That's basically the gist of it. It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference between dissenting opinion and flat-out trolling.

SoupIsGood
04-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I like the fact that Jermaniac is allowed to stay on the board despite his unpopularity. It adds credibility to open opinion here. It gives me encouragement that any future opinions I have of an unpopular nature won't jeopardize my status on the board. That's how it should be.

I don't think he is unpopular because of his opinions.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-16-2006, 03:03 PM

Peace

If you want him to change then you need to change yourself because your the same with Peja as Jermaniac is with JO.

And JO did miss the shot at the end but without him and Danny we wouldnt have been in it anyway. And you cant call JO a choker saying how many times have we seen that because we havent seen him get the ball at the end many times. Its always Jax or AJ.

Sometimes JO does it sometimes he doesnt. I remember JO carrying us through in the 4th quarter of some close games at the beginning of the season against Miami and Orlando. Last year when it went to overtime against Miami, JO scored all 7 points including the game winning shot. These are just a few I remember.

And teammates havent denied Peja nothing. Im sure in a timeout if Peja said he wants the shot they would say ok but Im guessing he doesnt want the pressure.

Just a quick question, how many game winning shots has Peja hit in his career? (Seriously I want to know)

owl
04-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Jermaniac said...."I'm here to talk basketball not get in a circle sing kumbaya, and change my life. Like I said I havent made anything personal against any of you until yall start getting personal with me and even then most of the time I dont say jack. I talk about basketball, if you are so attached to this team that it hurts your soul when I criticize them, then thats your fault not mine.

Thats good advice, especially the last sentence. It works both ways.

owl

Alpolloloco
04-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Sarunas Just-urn-it-over-again-icious was absolutely horrible.

You mean like 6 Turn-over O'Neal?

And for Jermaniac, wasn't there a poll against you at the Realgm.com forum?

vapacersfan
04-16-2006, 03:47 PM
If you want him to change then you need to change yourself because your the same with Peja as Jermaniac is with JO.

And JO did miss the shot at the end but without him and Danny we wouldnt have been in it anyway. And you cant call JO a choker saying how many times have we seen that because we havent seen him get the ball at the end many times. Its always Jax or AJ.

Sometimes JO does it sometimes he doesnt. I remember JO carrying us through in the 4th quarter of some close games at the beginning of the season against Miami and Orlando. Last year when it went to overtime against Miami, JO scored all 7 points including the game winning shot. These are just a few I remember.

And teammates havent denied Peja nothing. Im sure in a timeout if Peja said he wants the shot they would say ok but Im guessing he doesnt want the pressure.

Just a quick question, how many game winning shots has Peja hit in his career? (Seriously I want to know)

I obviously eluded to his clutchness in this (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=383822&postcount=11) thread, but I do not remember the last time this year JO has hit a game winning shot. I have to go back to the Pistons game 2 years ago.

Mourning
04-16-2006, 04:01 PM
I obviously eluded to his clutchness in this (http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showpost.php?p=383822&postcount=11) thread, but I do not remember the last time this year JO has hit a game winning shot. I have to go back to the Pistons game 2 years ago.

Might have something to do with the fact that we are either getting blown out, blowing someone else out or that Stephen or AJ are taking all the last shots. I would have liked to see more balls inside to JO last night. Let them foul him. I prefer seeying JO on the freethrow line to Stephen or AJ taking a bad shot or particularly Stephen taking tree throws (though AJ was horrid from there too last night).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Mourning
04-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Btw, I like Peja, but I'm thinking more and more it would be a good idea to let him walk if it brings us a quality starting SG or PG. Danny's the future at Peja's spot.

Ibidem! :)

Seed
04-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules of PD
1. Don't be a jerm.

Fixed :)

Na, just kidding. Personally I think if you (Jermaniac) can manage to stop praising JO and roasting Sarunas on every damn post you actually would be fun to read.

Alpolloloco
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
Jermaniac just left the building!

vapacersfan
04-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Might have something to do with the fact that we are either getting blown out, blowing someone else out or that Stephen or AJ are taking all the last shots. I would have liked to see more balls inside to JO last night. Let them foul him. I prefer seeying JO on the freethrow line to Stephen or AJ taking a bad shot or particularly Stephen taking tree throws (though AJ was horrid from there too last night).

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

My comment in this thread was dealing with this year, but lets go back to last year.....my point still stands.

I only saw the second half last night, but it looked like we worked JO good in the post.

What lost us the game was free throws (shock!) and poor defense (shock!) along with the inability to secure a rebound (huge shock!)

04-16-2006, 04:55 PM

So not true, i respect Peja because he is from my own country & town in Serbia and i have grown up watching this man play, i love to see him do well because of this, but i will always face facts and reality (which you have hard time to do) if Peja does crappy things and i will let everybody know, im not so immature to deny the reality and blame someone else. I love all pacer players, sometimes i can get mad at their actions tho (mostly SJAX). Thats all, but i am not a "Pejakoviciac" if u think so? Im starting to be more of a "Dangeriac".

Slick Pinkham
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
You mean like 6 Turn-over O'Neal?

44 minutes, 30 points, 6 turnovers for JO

vs.

19 minutes, 0 points, 4 turnovers for Just-turn-it-over-again-a-vicious.

you decide.:rolleyes: