PDA

View Full Version : Y'know what sucks?

Shade
04-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Winning to tie the team in front of you and DROPPING a spot in the playoff seedings. Sheesh.

Los Angeles
04-15-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm confused - ESPN.com has us at 7 and NBA.com has us at 5. So which is it?

Shade
04-15-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm confused - ESPN.com has us at 7 and NBA.com has us at 5. So which is it?

Hmm...didn't see that NBA.com had us at #5.

When in doubt, the smart money is usually on betting against ESPN.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm pretty sure we're tied at 5th.....

Shade
04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
CBS Sportsline has the same standings as NBA.com.

That's what I get for believing ESPN.com might actually get something right for once. :duh:

zag
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM
pacers.com says we are at 6. So we've got different sources claiming all 3..

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_060415.html

"The Pacers (39-40) have won three in a row, their longest run since a four-game streak from Feb. 1-10, and moved into a three-way tie for fifth place with Milwaukee and Washington in the Eastern Conference. The Bucks are 4-2 in head-to-head games with the other teams, giving them fifth place, with the Pacers (4-4) in sixth and the Wizards (2-4) in seventh. "

Shade
04-15-2006, 05:43 PM
:disturbed

317Kim
04-15-2006, 05:51 PM
Wiz have the tiebreaker against us so I think it's:
5th Wiz
6th Pacers
7th Bucks

I'd gladly take 5th though.

PostArtestEra
04-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm pretty sure the tie-breaker is division record. Washington is 8-8 Indiana is 6-10 and Milwaukee is 5-10. So right now we would be in 6th place. Unfortunately, if Milwuakee beats Detroit they will own the conference record tie-breaker putting us in seventh place. So it seems we will have to just finish with a better record than the Bucks and the Wizards to get that fifth spot. But if the Bucks lose to the Pistons than we could... Oh my head hurts!!!! How about we just beat the Bobcats, Raptors, and Magic, and not worry about it.

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 06:24 PM
OK, I just checked it by hand.

Bucks are 5th.
We are 6th.
Wizards are 7th.

I'm pretty sure about that.

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 06:25 PM
pacers.com says we are at 6. So we've got different sources claiming all 3..

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_060415.html

"The Pacers (39-40) have won three in a row, their longest run since a four-game streak from Feb. 1-10, and moved into a three-way tie for fifth place with Milwaukee and Washington in the Eastern Conference. The Bucks are 4-2 in head-to-head games with the other teams, giving them fifth place, with the Pacers (4-4) in sixth and the Wizards (2-4) in seventh. "

Oops, the answer was here all along. This is exactly what I got.

Los Angeles
04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the tie-breaker is division record. Washington is 8-8 Indiana is 6-10 and Milwaukee is 5-10. So right now we would be in 6th place. Unfortunately, if Milwuakee beats Detroit they will own the conference record tie-breaker putting us in seventh place. So it seems we will have to just finish with a better record than the Bucks and the Wizards to get that fifth spot. But if the Bucks lose to the Pistons than we could... Oh my head hurts!!!! How about we just beat the Bobcats, Raptors, and Magic, and not worry about it.
I think you're skipping the head-to-head step in the process. Plus, I didn't thing that division had anything to do with tie breakers.

EDIT - It does, but only after conference record and only if all the teams are in the same division:

Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage in conference games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker
1. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
2. Highest winning percentage in conference games
3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Two-Team Tiebreaker
1. Better record in head-to-head games
2. Higher winning percentage in conference games
3. Higher winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Higher winning percentage against playoff teams in opposite conference
6. Higher point differential between points scored and points allowed

Three-Team Tiebreaker
1. Best head-to-head winning percentage among all teams tied
2. Highest winning percentage in conference games
3. Highest winning percentage within division (if teams are in the same division)
4. Highest winning percentage against playoff teams in own conference
5. Highest point differential between points scored and points allowed

The ones I bolded are wrong.

Los Angeles
04-15-2006, 06:51 PM
The ones I bolded are wrong.
Well, I just did the old ctrl+C, ctrl+V off of ESPN. Which I guess is the theme of the thread (don't trust anything ESPN says :D)

Could you enlighten us with what is right?

Shade
04-15-2006, 06:52 PM
:disturbed

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Well, I just did the old ctrl+C, ctrl+V off of ESPN. Which I guess is the theme of the thread (don't trust anything ESPN says :D)

Could you enlighten us with what is right?

Oops, they should be switched.

The geniuses in the NBA switched the second tiebreaker to division record two years ago and told..... no one at all about it.

04-15-2006, 07:06 PM
:crazy2:

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Letting Matt Carroll light you up like a Christmas tree...That really sucks!

317Kim
04-15-2006, 10:32 PM

Don't forget about Voskuhl.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM
That All-Star averages about 5 a game....

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Don't forget about Voskuhl.
That does suck, but at least they finally started to take Jake seriously after the half. Too bad they looked at Carroll like he was an A.W.B. from the damn YMCA!

317Kim
04-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Scrubs playing like All-Stars. Only in ... nevermind.

sweabs
04-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Y'know what sucks?

The Pacers?

Jaydawg2270
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM
We are 7th unless the bucks lose

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2006, 11:02 PM
You know...I hate to stereo type basketball players by how they look, but guys that don't look like they are basketball players...either their not really tall, or look terribly un-athletic...There is a reason they are cashing an NBA Paycheck.

I'm sure Kyle Korver isn't cashing a check because of his hair-doo, or Earl Boykins isn't running to the bank with a check bigger then he is, because he can fit in Marcus Camby's shoe.

These guys are only in the league because they can shoot the damn ball. Why is it everytime these guys seem to burn us? Everyone knows why these guys are even on the court except some of our players.

denyfizle
04-16-2006, 05:03 AM
I know!!! This season!!! This season sucks more than last year. I haven't posted here in weeks. I have lost interest. Yea, RC is a good coach according to a lot of smart people and Jackson and Tinsley are talented blah blah... But if at least 2 out of these 3 are still in the team next year, I'm done with the Pacers. I just hate the way our team plays even when we win. We don't have a Ron Artest anymore to make this system work. Chances are, the players I like in the team are the ones we'll end up losing (Runi/Peja/Hulk) like what happened when we lost Brad, RonRon, JJ, Reggie and DD with the exception of DG. *sigh* Enjoy the playoffs!!!