PDA

View Full Version : Did you make it home from the game safely

Unclebuck
04-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow, the flooding is really bad. There were a few times when I didn't think I was going to make it home. At one point it sounded like my car was about to stall out, but thankfully it didn't

MagicRat
04-14-2006, 11:22 PM
On channel 13 a few minutes ago they showed the North-South split totally flooded. Amazing.....

Unclebuck
04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
On channel 13 a few minutes ago they showed the North-South split totally flooded. Amazing.....

I tried three different routes to get on 65, but thankfully each route was flooded so I had to take College to Fall Creek, but Fall Creek just south of 38th street was really bad, I thought my car was about to stall, it started making strange noises

Kegboy
04-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Sounds like another perfect night for Buck to jump off I-70.

Kegboy
04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I tried three different routes to get on 65, but thankfully each route was flooded so I had to take College to Fall Creek, but Fall Creek just south of 38th street was really bad, I thought my car was about to stall, it started making strange noises

Somebody could throw a bucket of water out their window and Fall Creek would be flooded.

pizza guy
04-14-2006, 11:41 PM
We didn't get anything that bad here (we weren't at the game), too far north I suppose. We did have a tornado warning out for a while, so it could have been worse. All we got was some rain, a lot of lightning, and a little flooding; but nothing to stall cars.

Unclebuck
04-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Somebody could throw a bucket of water out their window and Fall Creek would be flooded.

Are you saying I took the wrong route

Moses
04-15-2006, 12:00 AM
One of my friend/relative who went to the game was saying the same thing.

Fortunately for him, he drives a huge 4 by 4 Chevy Silverado lifted a couple feet off of the ground.

Roaming Gnome
04-15-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm almost glad that my toothache drove me to leave during the middle of the 2nd quarter. I'm over by the airport near Plainfield and we took one pretty hard punch from the storm. One stiff wind picked up my glider type porch swing and flung it about 35 yards into the field behind my house. Serious ****! The hail was about grape sized and came down in sheets.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Yep, we got home safe.

SycamoreKen
04-15-2006, 12:29 AM
What is this water stuff you speak of? It hasn't rained here for 2 months now.

Peck
04-15-2006, 03:49 AM
To answer the question at hand, no.

I did not make it to the game at all & my God :censored: mother :censored: power went out so I didn't even get to see a tivo of the game.

On a far more serious note, that was some scary crap we went through. Most of you know what I do for a living & well now the Diamond one does the same thing so he & I spent our Friday evening going from over turned semi to over turned semi on the Interstate dealing with injured people.

Fortunatly there were no serious injurys in our area.

However his unit went out of the storm & had a clear view of the twister from the southwest corner.

I on the other hand had a differant view. I was under the d@mn thing. I crested a hill in my truck & saw debris flying across the road at that time I saw the rain start to wrap in a circle & my truck got pushed flush to the ground by the wind.

I'm not kidding when I say I could not see my headlights or flashing red lights because of the rain, wind & darkness.

It never touched down on me but as soon as I made it about 1/2 mile down the road I could look to my south & see that there was a funnel right where I was just about 30 seconds before.

Our base was hit & our 110 ft. radio antena was bent over our building like so much paper mache'.

We spent about 3 hours working this thing. BTW, I don't think it ever touched the ground except maybe for but a few min at a time (enough to knock semi's over) however the toxicavenger who was with the Diamond one says that it was an absolute monster in size. Like I said I was under it so my view wasn't as good.

Back to the Pacers, how did we play?

Bball
04-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Back to the Pacers, how did we play?

For the most part, like an Indiana team should.

-------

It sounds like you got lucky out in the storms.

We had a storm come thru here last year that knocked out the power for several hours. ...and it left me to watch Reggie's last game as a Pacer on a 4.5" battery powered black and white TV. :(

One of these days maybe some kind soul can make a DVD for me of that game against the Pistons.

-Bball

sixthman
04-15-2006, 06:30 AM
Are you saying I took the wrong route

We waited about 15 minutes to leave Conseco and by that time the rain had let up almost completely. We went up north on Delaware to 10th and over to I65 North and had no problems. Apparently much of the overflow on the downtown streets went away quickly.

Watching a ball game is a great way to sit through a bad storm.

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 08:57 AM
We waited about 15 minutes to leave Conseco and by that time the rain had let up almost completely. We went up north on Delaware to 10th and over to I65 North and had no problems. Apparently much of the overflow on the downtown streets went away quickly.

Watching a ball game is a great way to sit through a bad storm.

I waited about 10 minutes or so and it had almost stopped raining, I think you just picked a really good route

heywoode
04-15-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm glad that everyone who attended made it home safely! I never would've thought it would be that treacherous around Indy...

Peck, I'm not positive what you, DD, and toxicavenger do for a living but I have a pretty good idea from your post. I'm sorry that all of you had to spend your Friday evening out in the storm. I'm certain that there are scores of people who were victims of the storm somehow who are thankful that you were there.

Happy Easter weekend everyone!!

Doug
04-15-2006, 09:25 AM
We started to leave and saw it was just pouring. So we decided to take the kids and shoot a free throw. I missed. I'm now 1-2. Anyway, we were near the back of the line and by the time we were done the rain had stopped. Tried to get on 65 N at fletcher like usual, but the police had the entrance ramp closed due to the flooding. 65 was all backed up and we could see the cars moving through a very deep puddle one at a time. We decided to go up Meridian, figuring that the worst case scenario there was much better than the worst case scenario on the interstates. There were a few deep puddles and some stalled out cars, but we made it through fine.

I didn't know about the tornados until now. I read the Pacers write-up on the sports page and then got on-line. Sad when you get your local news from a Pacer board.

Anyway, glad everybody (so far) made it home safe.

JBones19
04-15-2006, 02:10 PM
I made it home fine, but my car got at least 10 nice big hail dents in it- FANTASTIC!