PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread:T'Wolves @ Pacers

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:17 PM
3 in a row. Its against bad teams but our team playing bad teams is like playing the Pistons. Jermaine was a beast tonight. Dont be shy, share your love for Jermaine O'Neal in this thread.

Bball
04-14-2006, 10:21 PM
I like it when JO's role in the offense is minimized and when he thinks 'pass first'...
Because that actually maximizes his effectiveness in the long run of the game (or his maximizes his impact if Jay is reading this). It's easier for him to score, when he's not forcing his offense....

And what happened to Tinsley's ankle... I stepped away from the TV and when I got back they mentioned a sprained ankle, not return for this game, and status in question for the next game??

-Bball

317Kim
04-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Positives:
3 straight wins and two straight games that JO has been a solid beast. 5 players in double figures and a good game from Danger who finished with 9 and 10.

JO's line: 29 points 12 boards 4 dimes 2 rejections

Negatives: FTs and Defense

Jermaniac
Jermaine should have got more shots tonight, nothing should have been minimized. This team needed him to play the whole damn game is seemed like it, everytime he went to the bench to get some rest they started looking like they never played ball before.

Moses
Good game all around and even if it is the Timberwolves, I really don't care. These wins are huge for our team considering our record against garbage teams. JO is proving himself out there..Let's hope he continues to play how he does throughout the playoffs.

What about Pejas wrist..Supposedly sprained?

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Peja was okay, he was back on the bench and smiling. He would have played if Rick needed him to play but we had the game in hand so better to keep him on the bench.

317Kim
04-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Yes, Jamaal with sprained ankle and Peja with sprained wrist.

Moses
04-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah, another note..Who saw David, AJ, and Pollard dancing and singing in the warmups? That was pretty damn funny.

04-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Good News: We won and i like the new passing JO.
Bad News: Peja got injured, sprained his shooting hand / wrist (according to slick leonard) and played thru it whitch resulted in missed shots and surprise surprise Tinsley injured to.

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh yeah, another note..Who saw David, AJ, and Pollard dancing and singing in the warmups? That was pretty damn funny. Pollard translating for Peja

AHAABAAHAD - I dont know I just tell them " I want shoot Ball"

SoupIsGood
04-14-2006, 10:37 PM
How come David didn't play more?

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:38 PM
He came in for Jermaine and we lost a 7 point lead in 45 seconds. Jermaine had to go back in.

SoupIsGood
04-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I was kinda wondering why he couldn't play with JO a little bit?

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:48 PM
No idea, I dont think he is old enough.

Will Galen
04-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I liked it when Cro stepped back and let Danny get his tenth rebound at the end of the game. Anybody else see that?

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I seriously doubt they know what kind of stats they have when they are on the court

SoupIsGood
04-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Hah, Granger and Harrison are the only guys on our team according to the ESPN.com thing.

ESPN has got the right idea. ;)

Pacersfan.
04-14-2006, 11:06 PM
It's down to only Harrison now.

SoupIsGood
04-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Bwaaa us David Harrison fans have infiltrated ESPN.com! ;)

MagicRat
04-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I seriously doubt they know what kind of stats they have when they are on the court

There are large scoreboards on each end that show points, rebounds, assists and fouls. I'm sure they check it out..........

Will Galen
04-14-2006, 11:39 PM
There are large scoreboards on each end that show points, rebounds, assists and fouls. I'm sure they check it out..........

Exactly! From the Boston game} "I looked up and there were five minutes to go and I had seven assists," O'Neal said after finishing with 21 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and two blocks.

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Guess I was wrong, I didnt think they gave a damn about stats during a game.

Unclebuck
04-14-2006, 11:46 PM
I saw Harrison mess up on help defense twice in a row and he was yanked.

BoomBaby31
04-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Good win tonight, I think we are going to end up 5th seed. Mil. still has to face Detroit... Our final 3 games are perfect bobcats, magic, raptors... yeah.. i'd much rather face the Cavs in the first round :) the nets are tooo hot.. I'd rather face Miami then the Nets so either the cavs or miami.. :) yeaaahyy

pizza guy
04-15-2006, 12:19 AM
I didn't get to see the game because I had to work. I did see JO's stat line and that's awesome! I've REALLY liked his game since he got back; it's less iso-ball and more quick-and-to-the-hoop, as well as passing very effectively. And, what's this!? Consistent doube-digit rebounds? Could it be....?

I do hope Peja's wrist is not too serious and he'll be 100% for the playoffs, if not the last couple games. JTins has been playing well the last three games (as much as I don't like him, when he plays the right way, the Pacers play MUCH better) so here's to his recovery for the playoffs...then his eventual trade for a consistent PG.

Lord Helmet
04-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Good game, we need to play better defense and make more FT's; but other than that, we played fine.

I hope Peja's ok. I think he will be and I think the only reason we didn't see more of him was because we pretty much had the game and I don't think Rick would have wanted to risk it....

Also, he looked fine on the bench.

KEEP IT UP. We got the Bobcats tommorow, DO NOT lose to them.

Bball
04-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Jermaine should have got more shots tonight, nothing should have been minimized.

No, he should not get more shots. Not more forced shots anyway. JO getting too many shots is a big part of the problem. And bad, forced, wasted opportunities at that.

He's still going to get his points but when he passes the ball and isn't thinking "I must score" everytime he touches the ball he makes the game easier for his teammates and himself.

Case in point (IIRC this is how the play worked out... if I am recalling something incorrectly about the specifics, the idea is still the same)- JO got the ball in the paint but there was plenty of defense around him. The old JO wouldn't have let that stop him from forcing something. The 'new' JO passed out of the paint to Sarunas who had some daylight out beyond the arc. Sarunas then cut with the ball to the basket and the defense was still in shock from JO passing and they were trying to recover before Sarunas got a totally unguarded layup... and Sarunas makes a nifty pass to JO for the slam.

Perfect...

---

I'm not saying at the end of the game JO should've only taken 3 shots or anything like that... I'm simply saying he (in the past) has taken a number of bad shots and he doesn't need to inflate his shot attempts for that. It's ineffective and counter-productive. It makes life too easy for the defense. If he doesn't look for his own offense so often, he'll actually get easier shots via plays like the above, putbacks, or having the other team's defenders off-guard because they don't know what JO will do and they can't swarm him.

-Bball

Raskolnikov
04-15-2006, 01:32 AM
I actually saw a player (Cro after a right-handed dunk) smiling on the court (during the game).

Don't think we've seen that yet this season.

Will Galen
04-15-2006, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=BoomBaby31]Good win tonight, I think we are going to end up 5th seed. Mil. still has to face Detroit...

I think Milwaukee will beat Detroit if it needs to win that game for 5th place. Detroit is resting people.

Our final 3 games are perfect bobcats, magic, raptors...

I would hardly call facing the hottest team in the NBA a perfect team to face!
Orlando has won 10 of it's last 11 games. No big deal? Well they have beaten Dallas, Miami, Detroit, and San Antonio in that streak, and I think that is pretty impressive! Actually if they get some help, like Philly and Washington continue to lose they could make the playoffs. I would like to see that, but that's a very, very, almost impossible shot.

Stranger things have happened though. Look at IndyGeezer. (giggle, giggle, snort)

i'd much rather face the Cavs in the first round :) the nets are tooo hot..

The nets have cooled off. They are 7-3 in their last ten. However, I would like to see us go against Cleveland too. LeBron will get a lot of calls though because he's the NBA's new poster boy, and I fear that. The only reason I want them over NJ or Miami is no playoff experience.

I'd rather face Miami then the Nets so either the cavs or miami..

I agree with that!

Will Galen
04-15-2006, 02:44 AM
I actually saw a player (Cro after a right-handed dunk) smiling on the court (during the game).

Don't think we've seen that yet this season.

That's because he bobbled the pass and almost missed the dunk. The announcers caught it and were saying he would have heard it from his team mates if he had missed.

Doug
04-15-2006, 09:49 AM
I did see at least one time where we threw "one pass too many".

BUT, I'd much rather see that than what was going on before.

Players are going out of the way to share the ball, to get everybody involved. This is important, because it seems the TEAM has realized that they were not playing the right way. And now are trying really hard to "play well with others".

Yes, we need to get better on defense. But the fact that this group of players, this team, is collectively trying to do the right thing is encouraging.

We're still not playing at the level required to go deep in the playoffs, and honestly I don't think that's a realistic goal. But right now I think ending the season on a positive note is a very good thing - as long as it doesn't convince TPTB to stand pat.

BTW: Does anybody else have a "love-hate" relationship with Jackson? I love the passion he brings on the floor, but hate the *****ing at the refs.

Also, reading the blurb on Hoiberg in the paper I thought he'd make a pretty decent assistant coach (for us). It wouldn't help our need for a "big man" coach, though. But I'm probably biased on this... :-)

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Doug I agree with you about the love-hate relationship with Jax.

Is no one going to mention that Tinsley aggravated his prior foot injury last night. Perhaps that isn't news anymore

ChicagoJ
04-15-2006, 10:30 AM
It was way up there at the top.

We should be thanking Tinsley for busting his butt to get back on the court even if his body wasn't really ready, instead of blasting him for getting knicked-up because his body wasn't really ready.

His durability is a concern, of course. But at least the guy's trying.

What about that break-away pass to JO? I'll bet Rick was ready to strangle him because the Pacers scored with like 21 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

Don't you all know its better to eat up the entire shot clock and take a low % shot than score an easy bucket early in the shotclock. Stupid, stupid streetball play.

D-BONE
04-15-2006, 10:31 AM
DOUG, good points on team play, especially offensively, and Jack. Speaking about the offense, BBALL, I totally agree with your thesis on JO's role in the offense. The more he looks to pass when appropriate, the more it feeds into the team offensive concept. It won't detract from his overall opportunities/impact.

It's good to finally feel some postivity and harmony from this team. We got a little taste of that when we went on a run just after Peja's arrival. Sometimes I think Jack would fit in much better if we just had somebody to sort of keep him in line/calm. Could be a coach or player, but too often it seems like that does not occur. Is this part of the much ballyhooed leadership void?

Good to get the W and I got the sense the Wolves never really threatened us. Kind of like we were toying with them. Still though, I keep thinking with the team they fielded we should have won by 25. I, too, hope that a continued late spurt doesn't fool TPTB into ratcheting back any planned changes. How might playoff performance affect this?

SoupIsGood
04-15-2006, 03:04 PM

We should be thanking Tinsley for busting his butt to get back on the court even if his body wasn't really ready, instead of blasting him for getting knicked-up because his body wasn't really ready.

His durability is a concern, of course. But at least the guy's trying.

What about that break-away pass to JO? I'll bet Rick was ready to strangle him because the Pacers scored with like 21 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

Don't you all know its better to eat up the entire shot clock and take a low % shot than score an easy bucket early in the shotclock. Stupid, stupid streetball play.

His body is never ready.

Hicks
04-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Wait, I missed the second half after I had to unplug the Sat. because of the storms. Tinsley is hurt again?

Look I'll admit I'm as annoyed with his attitude as I am with anything else about him, but even you guys that love him have to admit this injury thing has hit a ridiculous level of inconsistency and unreliability.

In fact I'll go ahead and say this: Jamaal Tinsley will never lead this team to a championship, regardless of the coach. Because even if he cleaned up his attitude (for the sake of argument we'll say it's because we got a new coach) and even dropped the "street" side of his game (by "street" I mean when he abandons the game plan to take bad shots and stupid passes to try to show up the other PG after said player is showing him up), it would not matter because he'll never give us enough healthy games on the floor to develop any consistency.

Edit: Soup said it; Tinsley's never ready to return because his body isn't made for the NBA on a championship level.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 03:20 PM
What attitude? I see every Pacers game I dont see any attitude. Hicks do you get to go to Jamaal Tinsley's house and practices to see his bad attitude.

Please let me hear about Jamaal Tinsley's bad attitude.

Bball
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM

If Tinsley requires that much recuperative time just to come back early 'because his body wasn't really ready' then both the Pacers and Tinsley have a serious issue that needs addressed.

His durability is a concern, of course.

It's getting beyond 'freakish' how much this is happening.

What about that break-away pass to JO?

A beautiful play. Chasing down the ball on the sideline was nice in and of itself. The pass to JO was icing on the cake.

I'll bet Rick was ready to strangle him because the Pacers scored with like 21 seconds remaining on the shot clock.

I didn't see anything on TV that looked like Rick had a problem with that but I'd hope he didn't.

At least he didn't try to throw it off the backboard to JO for an ESPN highlight of the day! :D

-Bball

Hicks
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
What attitude? I see every Pacers game I dont see any attitude. Hicks do you get to go to Jamaal Tinsley's house and practices to see his bad attitude.

Please let me hear about Jamaal Tinsley's bad attitude.

If you honestly have no idea what I'm talking about after reading this forum for as long as you have, I don't think I could ever explain it.

Bball
04-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Wait, I missed the second half after I had to unplug the Sat. because of the storms. Tinsley is hurt again?

Yes, Tinsley left the game with what was termed an 'ankle injury' on TV last night and it was reported he wouldn't return and they also said it put his status for the next game in doubt. I didn't see the injury happen. I hope they were just speculating when they mentioned the next game and had no further info that they didn't share.

-Bball

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Ohh please explain it. I dont know all I have seen is a bunch of people who dont know **** about Jamaal Tinsley speculate about what he is doing. Is it Peck saying that Tins didnt shoot as much as Eddie Gill in the pre game shoot around? When he had a injury after all, and all of you tryed to pin it like he got into it with Rick and Rick sent him home.

Come on please show me the horrible attitude.

Bball
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
Ohh please explain it. I dont know all I have seen is a bunch of people who dont know **** about Jamaal Tinsley speculate about what he is doing. Is it Peck saying that Tins didnt shoot as much as Eddie Gill in the pre game shoot around? When he had a injury after all, and all of you tryed to pin it like he got into it with Rick and Rick sent him home.

When enough people tell you that you have a tail, eventually you need to turn around and take a look.

-Bball

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 03:41 PM
When a player,coach,trainer,gm,owner comes out and says Jamaal Tinsley has a attitude problem. Then I will pay attention. Till then its all a bunch of BS from people that dont like Jamaal.

Bball
04-15-2006, 03:51 PM
When a player,coach,trainer,gm,owner comes out and says Jamaal Tinsley has a attitude problem. Then I will pay attention. Till then its all a bunch of BS from people that dont like Jamaal.

I think even Jay will tell you Tinsley has a tail, he just thinks Carlisle pinned it on him.

-Bball

Hicks
04-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Maybe when Reggie said "As Jamaal Tinsley goes, so go the Pacers", he meant it differently than most originally thought.

He also alluded to the fact that Ron wasn't the only problem. Of course, I always thought he was referring to Jackson, but who knows.

Kegboy
04-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Jermaniac, Tinsley's "attitude problem" is a myth of the board, which MagicRat alone has disproved multiple times, but nobody seems to listen.

Hicks
04-15-2006, 04:12 PM
There are multiple sources for people crying "attitude problem". What you just referred to is not what I'm talking about.

Mourning
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Jermaniac, Tinsley's "attitude problem" is a myth of the board, which MagicRat alone has disproved multiple times, but nobody seems to listen.

Fanboys :shakehead. What to do with 'em? :whip2:

:D:D:D

Seriously though. I haven't really noticed a real attitude problem with Tins and I consequently I don't remember commenting on that part of him much. There are certain other "issues" I have with Tins.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Bball
04-15-2006, 04:22 PM

Magic Rat has disproved nothing :bond:

-BBall

MagicRat
04-15-2006, 04:25 PM
How exactly did he re-aggravate a "take my ball and go home" fake injury?.......:shakehead

A lot of people seem to use the modified Jamaal Tinsley Jump to the Worst Possible Conclusion mat........

Hicks
04-15-2006, 04:33 PM
How exactly did he re-aggravate a "take my ball and go home" fake injury?.......:shakehead

Re-aggravate? I thought last time it was the achilles and this time it was an ankle sprain?

Peck
04-15-2006, 04:45 PM

So I guess my charter membership into the Jermainiac fanclub meant nothing.:cry:

Peck
04-15-2006, 04:47 PM

A lot of people seem to use the modified Jamaal Tinsley Jump to the Worst Possible Conclusion mat........

Spin moves.

If you have an ankle injury you don't work on spin moves.

If you have an achiles injury you don't work on spin moves.

If either is your problem you do not do pre-game warmups in full uniform & then somehow dissapear & not even sit on the bench.

Spin moves.

Unless he tripped going into the locker room he was fine on the floor.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 05:19 PM
So I guess my charter membership into the Jermainiac fanclub meant nothing.:cry:Nothing bad was ment against you with that post Peck. I was just using at as an example, you just happend to be the person who said that Tins was shooting and left early.

Bball
04-15-2006, 05:20 PM
A lot of people seem to use the modified Jamaal Tinsley Jump

I watch out using that Jamaal Tinsley Jump even if it is modified... could lead to a nasty soft tissue injury.

Maybe Kaufman can elaborate.

Let's practice safety first and always!

-Bball :tongue:

MagicRat
04-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Re-aggravate? I thought last time it was the achilles and this time it was an ankle sprain?

"But Indiana, which started the game without Fred Jones and Jeff Foster, finished without Peja Stojakovic, who sprained his right wrist, and Jamaal Tinsley, who aggravated a left foot injury."

Conrad's words, not mine....:whoknows:

Spin moves.

If you have an ankle injury you don't work on spin moves.

If you have an achiles injury you don't work on spin moves.

If either is your problem you do not do pre-game warmups in full uniform & then somehow dissapear & not even sit on the bench.

Spin moves.

Unless he tripped going into the locker room he was fine on the floor.

From what I understand, Jamaal is a sloth in pregame warmups, so they must've been slow-mo spins.

Maybe he wasn't working on spin moves, but just testing out the foot and decided he couldn't go.

hoopsforlife
04-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Yes, Tinsley left the game with what was termed an 'ankle injury' on TV last night and it was reported he wouldn't return and they also said it put his status for the next game in doubt. I didn't see the injury happen. I hope they were just speculating when they mentioned the next game and had no further info that they didn't share.

-Bball

It probably happened when he made that neat one handed catch on his foot, turned and threw that excellent assist to JO for the dunk. :)

hoopsforlife
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM

Look in a mirror.

Jermaniac
04-15-2006, 06:44 PM
How does that help Young Jeezy plant tomatoes?

grace
04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Look I'll admit I'm as annoyed with his attitude as I am with anything else about him, but even you guys that love him have to admit this injury thing has hit a ridiculous level of inconsistency and unreliability.

Inconsistency? Isn't Jamaal pretty well known for coming back from injuries too soon? For all I know his Achilles injury happened because he was compensating for a bad ankle or something. It happens to other players. You can't say it can't happen to him.

I'll say it again, if Jamaal is such a head case and is faking his injuries wouldn't it make more sense for the Pacers to make it public? I would think a team would be a lot more interested in trading for a head case as opposed to someone how has a propensity for injuries.

Kegboy
04-15-2006, 07:31 PM
I'll say it again, if Jamaal is such a head case and is faking his injuries wouldn't it make more sense for the Pacers to make it public? I would think a team would be a lot more interested in trading for a head case as opposed to someone how has a propensity for injuries.

:bump:

(since no one paid attention last time)

04-15-2006, 07:35 PM
:goponies:

Unclebuck
04-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Is there really any need to argue whether JT is faking or not, I don't really care, the one thing we all know is he plays 50% of the games.

Bball
04-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Is there really any need to argue whether JT is faking or not, I don't really care, the one thing we all know is he plays 50% of the games.

:amen:

...altho 50% might actually be overstating the number of games he plays...

-Bball