PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simmons on ESPN.com Page 2- MVPs- Ben Wallace

waterjater
04-14-2006, 06:21 PM
From his story on ESPN.com Page 2 regarding MVPs. Note: please add any additional credits required for proper posting.

Ben Wallace: In theory, he should be a top-10 pick for starting the Artest melee. Just think, if Wallace had calmed down after the initial shove, Artest never would have lounged on the scorer's table, John Green never would have tossed that drink, the ensuing melee never would have happened, and Detroit's most dangerous rival (an excellent Pacers team) wouldn't have completely self-combusted. Instead, Wallace kept carrying on and trying to reach Artest, and eventually, one of his fans turned into the NBA version of Lee Harvey Oswald. Eighteen months later, the Pacers are floundering and Larry Legend is making noises about blowing everything up.

(By the way, this seems like a good time to mention that Wallace was only suspended for six games. Although David Stern admits privately that, had Wallace handed Lee Harvey Green the cup of soda and screamed, "Throw it at him! Throw it!" ... they probably would have raised it to eight.)

------------
Finally, someone states exactly what I've thought all along!! And states it in the media!!

When history is written, Wallace will be remembered for starting the fire that burned up the Indiana Pacers and Artest will be "the sucker" that got caught up in the fire storm!

Water

efx
04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
I hardly think he'll be remembered for anything but a defensive monster and champion no matter if you like him or not.

Kstat
04-14-2006, 06:43 PM
*sigh*

I think his comment to Bill's article was in sarcasm.

Moses
04-14-2006, 06:51 PM
What people fail to remember is that we dominated Detroit that game in their arena.

Oh in the land of "what if's..."

Hicks
04-14-2006, 07:10 PM
http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20579