PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine wants traded rumor!!!!

RWB
04-13-2006, 10:56 AM
See the www.benmaller.com website link for story.

Jermaine O'Neal, former MVP candidate of the Pacers, is hoping for a trade to the Trail Blazers, according to BenMaller.com NBA moles. O'Neal played the first four years of his pro career with the Blazers and still makes his offseason home in Portland. Jermaine is set to make $18 million dollars in 2006-07, the Blazers could deal Theo Ratliff ($11.6 Mil) and Darius Miles ($7.7 Mil) to Indiana to match up salaries.

Los Angeles
04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
There's no story there - there is't even an "according to" line or any semblance of a source. Sorry, but I think this is a waste.

Aw Heck
04-13-2006, 11:04 AM
Before we jump to conclusions, is anyone sure if the rumors from www.benmaller.com website have ever panned out? I'm not familiar with it, so I don't know. I just want to know if they're known to make stuff up. It seems made-up to me.

I find it hard to believe that if Jermaine demanded a trade to anywhere, that it would be to Portland.

RWB
04-13-2006, 11:05 AM
There's no story there - there is't even an "according to" line or any semblance of a source. Sorry, but I think this is a waste.

So I take it you don't believe NBA moles?? ;)

beast23
04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Complete BS. Portland has NOTHING that we would want.

Los Angeles
04-13-2006, 11:12 AM
So I take it you don't believe NBA moles?? ;)
No, I'm saying I don't believe Ben Maller NBA moles. :D

I suspect PD has bigger connections to JO than Ben Maller does.

Unclebuck
04-13-2006, 11:17 AM
I've never heard of Ben Maller. And yes I'm sure we'd take Miles and Ratliff for J.O.

Shade
04-13-2006, 11:18 AM
:bs:

RWB
04-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Maller's bio just for you UB....Of course this is from the www.benmaller.com site as well.

Ben Maller is an entertaining voice of sarcasm as a weekend host and the "sixth man" of Fox Sports Radio.

Ben's unique, sarcastic, common-man view on sports mixed with a passionate cynical attitude has created a loyal audience. On the air, Maller takes it one call at a time and goes by the simple philosophy that "most games are lost, not won."

Maller's 12-year radio career began in the early 90's as a reporter for XTRA Sports 690 AM in San Diego, and has included stops at Radio Sports Creations, and at KXTA in Los Angeles in the late 90's as the host of the popular "Ben & Dave Show," as well as the host of Dodger Talk.

Ben has broken a number of stories over the past few years on his popular Internet site, BenMaller.com, having received credit in newspapers including the Philadelphia Daily News, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Houston Chronicle, Los Angeles Daily News, Seattle Post-Intelegencer and Arizona Republic, among others. Major sports sites such as FoxSports.com and SI.com have also credited Ben's site.

Maller has made numerous television appearances including the popular "Sports List" show on FSN.

Ben attended Saddleback College in Mission Viejo. The Native of Orange County is single and lives in Hollywood.

Ben Maller's E Mail: Ben@BenMaller.com

MagicRat
04-13-2006, 11:31 AM
I think somewhere I've heard him referred to as the Drudge of sports.

I wonder if he's hiring. There are some moles currently employed in my front lawn that I hope would re-locate for the right opportunity. They seem to be hard working.........

Mourning
04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Complete BS. Portland has NOTHING that we would want.

Now I don't want to give any credibility to this guy, but I think Portland does have somethings we might be interested in.

I'm not interested in Miles, we are already set at that position unless you believe Darius, Croshere, Foster and Granger are good enough for the PF-position. I'm not a Randolph or Ratcliff fan either, BUT I assume the Trailblazers still do hold their draft pick for the upcoming draft? It's bound to be top-5 atleast.

Combine that with a bigcontract of theirs, I might consider it IF we decide to rebuild almost the whole team.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Chauncey
04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Randolph + 1st rounder

Jermaniac
04-13-2006, 12:31 PM
This isnt true, JO is staying.

RWB
04-13-2006, 12:41 PM
This isnt true, JO is staying.

Sorry Jermaniac, but when Maller's mole says it, it's probably true. Known to be reputable like the gopher from Caddyshack.

tora tora
04-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Randolph + 1st rounder + Telfair

Fixed :)

Chauncey
04-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Fixed :)

Done...if I'm GM for both teams...done.

CableKC
04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Randolph + 1st rounder
Say No to Randolph...even with a 1st rounder. I want to steer clear of players with attitude problems that don't get along with Management.

Chauncey
04-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Say No to Randolph...even with a 1st rounder. I want to steer clear of players with attitude problems that don't get along with Management.

Oh, I'd turn around and trade Randolph as well..but they're desperate to get rid of his contract..they wouldn't do a deal without getting rid of Randolph.

Randolph, like Bonzi, does not need to be back in Indiana. Its the worst possible scenarios for their futures. Too many things have happened here.

RWB
04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Any clues on what kind of money Pryzbilla wants or being talked about?

Gyron
04-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Before we jump to conclusions, is anyone sure if the rumors from www.benmaller.com (http://www.benmaller.com) website have ever panned out? I'm not familiar with it, so I don't know. I just want to know if they're known to make stuff up. It seems made-up to me.

I find it hard to believe that if Jermaine demanded a trade to anywhere, that it would be to Portland.

"You see, its a jump to conclusions mat":laugh:

Chauncey
04-13-2006, 02:11 PM
"You see, its a jump to conclusions mat":laugh:

Thats some funny stuff right there.

Eindar
04-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Besides, doesn't JO reside here during the offseason, now that he has a palace, a night club he owns, and a rolls royce to get him there? If you can't even get that fact straight.....

rel
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
The only Blazers I'm interested in are Joel Pryzibilla, Martell Webster, and their draft pick

Ha Seung Jin anyone? ;)

Major Cold
04-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Didnt the Star put out an article that quotes Jermaine saying he will remain a Pacer for a long time. I don't get it.

Anthem
04-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Didnt the Star put out an article that quotes Jermaine saying he will remain a Pacer for a long time. I don't get it.
Well then let me help out.

The dude makes stuff up.