PDA

View Full Version : 2 players forever linked

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
danny granger and gerald green

Does anyone have any reservations about our pick?

Where will each player plateau?

What are each players overall strenghths and weaknesses?

Discuss amongst yourselves

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:42 PM
No regrets here.

HulkSmash!
04-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Green will be the bigger scorer and more popular player due to his high flying game.

Granger will be the better overall player and bigger winner due to his superior overall game, particularly on the defensive end.

They will both be top-5 players out of the 2005 draft.

burnzone
04-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Gerald Green is an explosive finisher around the basket, great leaper, good jumpshooter. But he doesn't play defense, rebound, or block shots in the manner, or consistency Granger does.

I have no reservations about picking Granger, he is the more complete player, he is excellent on D, attacks the glass, and is a hell of a shotblocker.

And while Granger may not put it between his legs and throw it down, I am perfectly happy with his offensive skill set, I feel like his jumpshot, and range, have improved dramatically in the time he's been here, and the sky is the limit on his potential.

I would be really surprised if Green turns out to be a consistent 20-5-3 guy, he'll have games like that here and there, but I doubt he will be a full time starter, or an all-star.

To me, it's like comparing a younger Pippen, to a younger Ricky Davis, there's just no comparison.

rel
04-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Currently and probably until he's done, Danny Granger is my favorite player...although the only thing i wish he would do more is cut or look for the ball more. Also, he has the speed to get by the bigger guys he's being guarded by and wished he'd take advantage of that.

Other than that, I'm totally satisfied with our pick.

Kstat
04-12-2006, 10:54 PM
How exactly are they "forever linked?"

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 10:58 PM
draft day dummy

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
draft day dummy

So every 2 players that got drafted consecutively are "forever linked?"

Are Joey Grahm and Danny Granger forever linked too?

burnzone
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
How exactly are they "forever linked?"
I think it was because during the draft, either Larry Bird, or Rick Carlisle had said if Gerald Green was still on the board at their pick, they would take him, and they ended up taking Granger instead.

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
every 2 players with perceived similar skill set and potential that fans of each team debate for years are "forever linked" i.e. tinsley parker...

Are you just being a smart alek or are you really that dumb I thought you were semi knowledgeable about hoops???

GO!!!!!
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Maybe because we could have had either of em n we chose Granger...

Starting same last name letter...

Both American's.....

Like the same Rapper...

as far as that goes now for the opposites

One went college, One Didn’t

One has played almost ever game, One hasn’t

One has never been sent to the NBDL, One Has

and I’m out....

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
every 2 players with perceived similar skill set

How many cups of beer would it take for someone to percieve Granger and Green to have "similiar skill sets?"

GO!!!!!
04-12-2006, 11:05 PM
KSTAT, You Have Been Served.......

It'ssssssssssssssssssss a Dannnnccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Ooooofffffffffffffffffff

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Come on K, we always do this when we pass up one guy for another and it causes a little debate. I think Anthem coined it.

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Im not trying to be rude but I know for a fact kstat has been here long enough to know what that means. He is just in an onery mood.

Kstat
Just thought the "forever linked" bit was comically extreme, that all... :D

Anthem
You stole one of my patented thread titles! :nono:

If you're gonna do it, do it right:

"Two Players Forever Linked: Danny Granger and Gerald Greene"

:flirt:

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
When you come up with something that good expect to be jocked lol

Anthem
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
How many cups of beer would it take for someone to percieve Granger and Green to have "similiar skill sets?"
You're just looking for a fight.

None of the players "forever linked" had similar skill sets. Jamaal and Parker? No. Fred and K.Rush? No. Korver and Jones? Well, they both shoot threes, but JJ can defend.

8.9_seconds
04-12-2006, 11:11 PM
You stole one of my patented thread titles! :nono:

If you're gonna do it, do it right:

"Two Players Forever Linked: Danny Granger and Gerald Greene"

:flirt:

DIVA :rolleyes:

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:15 PM
You're just looking for a fight.

None of the players "forever linked" had similar skill sets. Jamaal and Parker? No. Fred and K.Rush? No. Korver and Jones? Well, they both shoot threes, but JJ can defend.

Yeah but I didnt say that to begin with, he did.

Korver and Jones are forever linked too? lol come on, dude. That's just going to far.....

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm going to start a Forever Linked: Eddie Gill and Snap Hunter thread someday.

Don't ever think that I've forgotten about Snap Hunter.

HulkSmash!
04-12-2006, 11:26 PM
How does Granger compare to some other young SF's in the East?

LeBron James? Obviously he'll never be as good, LeBron is a freak of nature.

Richard Jefferson? I think he'll be better than R.J., he's not the scorer yet, maybe never will be, but he's far superior defensively and a better rebounder.

Tayshaun Prince? I think he's already better than Prince, better scorer, defender, rebounder, passer, just overall far more complete i.m.o.

Gerald Wallace? This is a toughie. G-Wall is having a huge year. I think Danny and Gerald will be about even.

Luol Deng? I think he'll be better than Deng, who's never stood out much to me.

Caron Butler? Caron's real solid, very underrated, but he doesn't play at the same level Danny has shown.

CompACE
04-12-2006, 11:30 PM
The pacers do a great job of finding talented players later in the draft - Granger was a very lucky pick for the pacers - I'm pretty sure everyone couldn't believe Granger fell so low. After seeing what the pacers have done with players like james jones and fred jones, I can't wait until Granger plays up to his full potential. I really couldn't tell you about gerald green, because i haven't heard much about him. The only thing I might have heard about green was that he got in trouble with the celtics somehow (nothing too major though) and was suspended (or something like that). I guess that might be a minor point against greene if a point at all.

Also - I didn't realize Granger had such a good shot - He should practice more of those jumpers - from what I've seen so far, things are looking way up for him.

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:31 PM
Tayshaun Prince? I think he's already better than Prince, better scorer, defender, rebounder, passer, just overall far more complete i.m.o.

...Seth, you're a funny guy..... :laugh:

HulkSmash!
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Funny but honest as hell.

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Id say Granger has a lot to prove before people can say he's better than Prince....

He could be better in the future, sure. But right now? No way.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Notice he didn't deny being Seth. :D

Kstat
04-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Notice he didn't deny being Seth. :D

That was ever in doubt? I thought it was common knowledge for the last month....

indypacerfan54
04-12-2006, 11:42 PM
In 1/3 less minutes he accomplishes almost as good or better than prince in every major statistical category. Prince is a bit more savy than danny at this point but not by much. Prince also has the benfit of playing with the most talented and unselfish starting 5 in the league.

I checked nba.com on them and compared their season bests...I was shocked as hell.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:45 PM
In 1/3 less minutes he accomplishes almost as good or better than prince in every major statistical category. Prince is a bit more savy than danny at this point but not by much. Prince also has the benfit of playing with the most talented and unselfish starting 5 in the league.

I checked nba.com on them and compared their season bests...I was shocked as hell.

Prince is better than Danny in the same way that Peja is better than Danny.

Better than Danny, but not for long.

Not meaning to compare Prince and Peja with that either, just saying that Danny will be better than both soon... I think.

Kaufman
04-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I thought once banned you could never come back???

Kstat
04-13-2006, 12:08 AM
I thought once banned you could never come back???

It's not that hard to find another computer and create a new profile from there.....

You can only ban an IP. It's not hard to get around it if you really try.

Anthem
04-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Yeah but I didnt say that to begin with, he did.

Korver and Jones are forever linked too? lol come on, dude. That's just going to far.....
Why?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10983

Anthem
04-13-2006, 12:37 AM

Don't ever think that I've forgotten about Snap Hunter.
Quick combo guard that can shoot, run an offense, and take care of the ball? Still has potential? Where do I sign up? Can I have him and Dale instead of Saras?

But the "forever linked" threads can only refer to draft similarities. We already signed Eddie Gill, or Snap would have been a good choice. As it was, though, we'd have paid twice for a 4th-string player. What's the point?

Will Galen
04-13-2006, 01:57 AM
%^&&$*((#$@#

NO WONDER DETROIT IS SO GOOD, THEIR CHEATING! THEIR USING SIX PLAYERS!

Prince also has the benfit of playing with the most talented and unselfish starting 5 in the league.

Kaufman
04-13-2006, 08:27 AM
It's not that hard to find another computer and create a new profile from there.....

You can only ban an IP. It's not hard to get around it if you really try.

Eventually you run out of computers though, no? Unless you have bottomless pockets.

And what is the guy's motivation? It seems like he's here just to try to make a fool of himself or a fool of us. Maybe just trying to see how long he can last. Who can be sooo immature?

Its like playing "Where's Waldo?" on the internet, except its "Who's Seth?"...
http://www.storytime123.com/waldo_lg.jpg

Hicks
04-13-2006, 09:06 AM
You can create fake IPs indefinitely.

Major Cold
04-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I really think that Danny Granger can be a Shawn Marion type player. He is not better than Tay, but could be next year.

Butler and GWALL is a SG/SF so there is no comparison there.

Danny can do what Marion is doing with the Suns. Playing the 4 and running the floor. I can see him averaging high rebounds, but never get above the 20 plateau. Like Marion, Granger is a decent spot up shooter.

8.9_seconds
04-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Id say Granger has a lot to prove before people can say he's better than Prince....

He could be better in the future, sure. But right now? No way.

Agreed.

I think that Tay is so underrated.

pizza guy
04-13-2006, 11:51 PM
Right now, you've got to give the nod to Prince. But, that won't last long...

As far as Greene is concerned, we'll see him doing some cool stuff that makes ESPN highlight reels, but he won't ever be the key to a championship that Danny will be *crosses fingers*. Danny is an all-around better player, and Greene is flashy and fun. I think the best description was that of comparing a young Pippen to a young Ricky Davis....there's no comparison.

Anthem
11-19-2007, 12:18 AM
:bump:

LAPacer
11-19-2007, 01:16 AM

Maybe a Forever Linked: Haislip and Britton Johnsen or on a more realistic Reggie and Alford.

Infinite MAN_force
11-19-2007, 01:26 AM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8392/grangergreengy3.png

haha...

naptownmenace
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM
How does Granger compare to some other young SF's in the East?

LeBron James? Obviously he'll never be as good, LeBron is a freak of nature.

Richard Jefferson? I think he'll be better than R.J., he's not the scorer yet, maybe never will be, but he's far superior defensively and a better rebounder.

Gerald Wallace? This is a toughie. G-Wall is having a huge year. I think Danny and Gerald will be about even.

Luol Deng? I think he'll be better than Deng, who's never stood out much to me.

Caron Butler? Caron's real solid, very underrated, but he doesn't play at the same level Danny has shown.

I'm a Danny Granger fan but this is a classic "Homer" post. Only a biased Pacer fan would think that Danny is better than Luol Deng, Butler, Richard Jefferson, and Prince.

He may end up better than Tayshaun but Tay is a better defender than Danny and Caron Butler is a better scorer and defender than Danny.

JayRedd
11-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah...I wouldn't call them "forever linked" mainly cause Granger will be a borderline All Star at least and Gerald will be out of the League in like four years, but I can see where the original post is coming from since they weren't just consecutive picks, but they were both hailed as lottery guys throughout the predraft rankings and many people thought they were both going Top 10.

EDIT: Just realized that this thread is like 15 years old. I stand by my post, but it's not particularly relevent any more, now is it?

Anthem
11-19-2007, 11:05 PM
EDIT: Just realized that this thread is like 15 years old. I stand by my post, but it's not particularly relevent any more, now is it?
Bumped it because of the Green thread.

Anthem
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
And, bumped again.

Slick Pinkham
07-12-2012, 02:02 PM
It's a pretty bumpy ride in here.

aamcguy
07-12-2012, 04:26 PM
Anthem: Making sure these two players are indeed forever linked.

Steagles
07-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah...I wouldn't call them "forever linked" mainly cause Granger will be a borderline All Star at least and Gerald will be out of the League in like four years, but I can see where the original post is coming from since they weren't just consecutive picks, but they were both hailed as lottery guys throughout the predraft rankings and many people thought they were both going Top 10.

Out of the league in 4 years?
:50cent:

Really?
07-12-2012, 09:51 PM
Thinking Monte Ellis and Gerald Green would be more linked than Green and Granger, but oh well...

Anthem
07-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Anthem: Making sure these two players are indeed forever linked.

:king:

Kosmo Yagkoto
07-12-2012, 10:08 PM
We need to get a picture of them hugging.

Richard_Skull
07-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Was really confused after the first bump, thought it was this bump, but then realized this thread has been bumped twice. For kicks and giggles, Anthem should bump again sometime after the all-star game or something. Forever linked forever.

Heisenberg
07-13-2012, 12:12 AM
so's this mean in 7 years Plumlee'll be arguably our best player and Perry Jones'll be a Pacer after washing out of the league?

Pace Maker
07-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Looking at this thread and the 2005 draft thread, a lot of people were giving KStat some unwarranted hell.

Also it really is funny they've ended up on the same team. Don't know about the Harry Potter/Voldemort relationship between them though lol

rexnom
07-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Snap. Hunter.

This is why I'm not complaining anymore.

Naptown_Seth
07-13-2012, 02:35 AM

Man, it's weird seeing someone mention "me" before I was really posting on PD. I think it was the Star stalker creep I kept on ignore, and I assume KStat figured the fake Nap Seth had returned as Hulk Smash?
For the record I've never used IMO as i.m.o., it just looks weird to me.

Notice he didn't deny being Seth. http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-default/images/smilies/biggrin_pd.gif
And yet it really wasn't, not the original Indy Star Nap_Seth at least. I really do hate the idea of this stalker/impersonator MFer roaming around PD 6-7 years ago while I was oblivious over at Star.

Anyway, continue your retro journey in peace. It does make for a fun read considering the recent acquisition.

Naptown_Seth
07-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Snap. Hunter.

This is why I'm not complaining anymore.

DJ Augstine and Snap Hunter: Forever Linked

Talk about a blast from the summer leagues past. Even weirder was that I totally forgot Flip Murray had been a Pacers till I saw an old thread, and that hasn't been that long ago either.

rexnom
07-13-2012, 04:52 AM
DJ Augstine and Snap Hunter: Forever Linked

Talk about a blast from the summer leagues past. Even weirder was that I totally forgot Flip Murray had been a Pacers till I saw an old thread, and that hasn't been that long ago either.
Remember Orien Greene? I spent many a summer day talking myself into how his length could help us.

DGPR
07-13-2012, 05:04 AM
At least we aren't debating over whether Rawle Marshall should get more playing time so that he can develop into a deadly assassin scorer.

Rawle Freaking Marshall!

Heisenberg
07-13-2012, 05:35 AM
I used to really want to give Rawle Marshall a legit shot until he threw a KO shot on a Russian ref or whatever the hell happened. He was never heard from again.

DGPR
07-13-2012, 09:47 AM
I used to really want to give Rawle Marshall a legit shot until he threw a KO shot on a Russian ref or whatever the hell happened. He was never heard from again.
I think a Russian player said some sort of racial slur to him and he paid for it with an *** beating, there is video on YouTube somewhere.

cgg
07-13-2012, 12:56 PM
Out of the league in 4 years?
:50cent:

Well, he WAS out of the league in 4 years...