View Full Version : Now THAT'S the Jermaine I like

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
21/15/7

Take that, haters.

Jermaniac
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
OMG JERMAINE DOESNT BLOCK OUT, OMG JERMAINE DOESNT TRY

Get the hate out of your heart please. Jermaine for Indiana Pacers GM.

PaceBalls
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
he should average that every game. how much is he gettin paid again? nuff said

317Kim
04-12-2006, 09:40 PM
OMG JERMAINE DOESNT BLOCK OUT, OMG JERMAINE DOESNT TRY. JO NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO BOX OUT

Fixed ;)

This is the JO people fall in :love: with.

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
he should average that every game. how much is he gettin paid again? nuff said

YOU'RE NOT WELCOME HERE!

This thread is about love. Not hate.

pizza guy
04-12-2006, 09:42 PM
That was most certainly the JO we need EVERY night. Almost a triple-double, that's impressive. Great games from Cro and Peja tonight as well, and honestly, I didn't mind SJax at all tonight. For the first time in a while, these guys are actually pleasing.

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 09:43 PM
That's it. Bring the love.

Jermaniac
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Come on guys show your true feelings for Jermaine you know you love him.

GO!!!!!
04-12-2006, 09:52 PM
When he holds the Easten Conference Trophey or even the NBA World Champion Trophey, thats when he'll get some real love......

I still wear his jersey as he's the Face of the team... great game but one in 82 is a poor strike rate...

if he brings it against KG next game, then it's L O L O L O L O V E V E L O L O L O L O L O V E V E V E V E

Slick Pinkham
04-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Wow, that's almost Garnett-like numbers!

;)

Good game for JO. He has passing skills that have never been used when we used a standaround offense!

:dance:

Hicks
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
I swear to God, if he'd box out he'd grab 15 EVERY SINGLE GAME. Nice line tonight; I love it when he's looking for guys on offense all night.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
He has been passing well

04-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Haters? Who are the haters? All ive seen is people talking about how they would like JO to change his game to something similar like tonight, even JO himself wanted that and it sure worked out pretty well tonight, dont u agree? (even tho he shot 30% from the floor) So u see, maybe YOU guys should get the hate of your hearts for these guys and bring some love... because they had all the right to get pissed on JO for not playing like tonight every night, because he really CAN do it if he wants to and we all have seen it tonight.

Bball
04-12-2006, 10:32 PM
21/15/7

Take that, haters.

bulletproof is a bandwagoner? ;)

-Bball

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
When he holds the Easten Conference Trophey or even the NBA World Champion Trophey, thats when he'll get some real love......

I still wear his jersey as he's the Face of the team... great game but one in 82 is a poor strike rate...

if he brings it against KG next game, then it's L O L O L O L O V E V E L O L O L O L O L O V E V E V E V E

Take the hate elsewhere.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-12-2006, 10:39 PM
I love that guy :)

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Take the hate elsewhere.

You are hilarious.

indytoad
04-12-2006, 10:44 PM
21/15/7

Take that, haters.

What, you mean the Jermaine O'Neal that badly bricked his last two shot attempts in the closing two minutes as the Celtics were making their big run? The one that compiled almost all of those stats in the first three quarters?

Hell, I don't know why he isn't getting any MVP consideration. Must be the media haters.

:)

edit: And, yes, I know he's being sarcastic, I just wanted a thread in which to mention the above.

IndyToad
Equal-opportunity hater

MagicRat
04-12-2006, 10:44 PM

KG won't be playing in that game, so you may as well bring the love now......

rel
04-12-2006, 10:55 PM

if he gets us KG in the offseason is more like it :)
(JO for KG)

if so, i will be very happy

...good game jermaine

jcouts
04-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I hate to spoil the JO celebration, but let's be honest and consider who was guarding the man tonight...

When he puts up a game like that against Sheed, Garnett or Duncan, I'll bring on the cheers for JO.

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 11:04 PM
Why is there so much hate in everyone's heart? :sad:

Peck
04-12-2006, 11:06 PM
I love the fact that he upped his trade value.:devil:

Los Angeles
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM
I LOVED the part where we lost the big lead when JO started trying to boost his assist numbers instead of scoring.

:zip:

Just kidding around. Jermaine had a great overall game. Where has he been lately?

bulletproof
04-12-2006, 11:09 PM
He tried to show you guys something beautiful...

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
I always told you guys he could pass. Me and VA always said he had the skills. He must have been told to not look to do it last year.

Los Angeles
04-12-2006, 11:10 PM
He tried to show you guys something beautiful...
I agree a jermaine that gets this kind of numbers (particularly the assists) has my vote. I want my "leaders" to lead by example first and foremost.

burnzone
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
I personally like Jermaine, I even like having him on the Pacers team.

But, I do not like the fact that the 'leader of the team' role was handed to him.....and he took it with open arms, and does a lot of talking to go along with that, without always backing it up.

I never doubt Jermaine's skill, or ability, but I do not like the fact that we only see it 1 out of every 3 or 4 games.

I know he can get 20-10-5 plus 2 blocks every game, but he just doesn't have the consistency, or durability to bring it every game.

I just wish the games when it's not going for him, he would still try to set solid picks, block out & attack the glass, block shots, and lead his teammates in battle.......but he doesn't always do that, and that's what makes some people get disappointed with him, at times.

When he accepted the leader role, that automatically made the expectations of him higher, and I think that's realistic of Pacers fans to expect consistency, and leadership from him.

Shade
04-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Peck was so enamored with the prospect of a triple-double, he actually wanted Tins to shoot the ball. :eek:

He immediately came back to his senses, but it was still funny. I almost did the same damn thing. :laugh:

Btw, thanks again, Peck. I had a great time. And I got to see my boy in warm-ups! Bandwagon, ho! :happydanc

Shade
04-13-2006, 12:36 AM
OMG JERMAINE DOESNT BLOCK OUT, OMG JERMAINE DOESNT TRY

But if I get the hate out of my heart...where will I put it? :confused:

Jermaniac
04-13-2006, 12:40 AM
BBall has enough space for everybody's hate :)

Will Galen
04-13-2006, 02:17 AM
But if I get the hate out of my heart...where will I put it? :confused:

Let it go free. If it's meant to be it will come back to you.

TheSauceMaster
04-13-2006, 02:27 AM
21/15/7

Take that, haters.

He can't and won't put those kinda numbers up consistantly. It's amazing guy has 1 good game and let's hop on the bandwagon. :rolleyes: Yes , I'm in the side that want's J.O. gone after this season and it's gonna take more than 1 game against the Celtics to convince me he deserve's to stay as a Pacer. J.O could have amazing stats the rest of the year, I have a feeling Pacers management already knows what moves they will make regaurdless of what happens now.

McClintic Sphere
04-13-2006, 08:24 AM
Beware the return of the repressed.

beast23
04-13-2006, 11:35 AM
There never was any doubting that JO has tremendous athletic ability.

But come on, he's probably boxed out less than 50 times in his entire career. I've never understood the professional athlete who is not willing to put in the time and effort to master the fundamentals of his craft. For the most part, JO has learned to shoot free throws; so why can't he learn to box out?

I don't know if I agree with Hicks that JO would get 15 RBs a game if he were willing to box out. But I'm absolutely certain that the team percentages on rebounding would increase on BOTH ends of the floor if he were willing to box out.

But only a complete hater would not be pleased with the all-around effort that Jermaine provided last night. I haven't looked it up, but I'm pretty sure I've never been at a game where JO got anywhere near 7 assists before.

And that is another area in which I believe JO can show better consistency. If he's willing to battle down on the blocks, he will most certainly draw double teams. So, he's probably capable of 4 or more assists per game.

Personally, I'd be happy with 18 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 blocks from JO every night out. I'd consider last night's performance for JO to be fantastic.

ChicagoJ
04-13-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know if I agree with Hicks that JO would get 15 RBs a game if he were willing to box out. But I'm absolutely certain that the team percentages on rebounding would increase on BOTH ends of the floor if he were willing to box out.

yep. Just like with David - he doesn't get the rebounds himself but he makes it easy for his teammates.

Slick Pinkham
04-13-2006, 01:01 PM
:sunshine:

<< drink the playoff Kool-Aid with me.

<< champions 2006!

bulletproof
04-13-2006, 01:14 PM
That's the spirit, Tom!