PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread:Boston@ Pacers

Will Galen
04-12-2006, 09:08 PM
I love it! JO's game tonight will shut a lot of people up! Near triple double. 21 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, and 2 blocks. Very good game.

pizza guy
04-12-2006, 09:23 PM
They looked focused, like a team, like a team that wanted to win. Something we haven't seen much of this season.

piksi
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
So, how does one get playing time here ? Do You have to earn it or is it random ? What do You need to do to stay on the floor ?

As an outsider - I am very curious.

masobczyk
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
it makes me wonder why JO can't rebound like that every night. don't mean to bring him down but do it on a consistent basis

Brian
04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
So, how does one get playing time here ? Do You have to earn it or is it random ? What do You need to do to stay on the floor ?

As an outsider - I am very curious.

Rick is all about matchup's...he always goes with his gut feeling,so on a night like tonight granger plays some good minutes,and the next game granger could play 2 mins.

317Kim
Great win! Everything was there except for a large portion of defense tonight! I liked the scoring...very balanced! JO was 3 dimes away from a triple double! JO, tryin to keep people on HUSH! AJ has a VERY KEY play at the end with the steal and converting at the other end. Tonight was our night from downtown, 13-23 :nod:

SIX PLAYERS IN DOUBLE FIGURES :woot2:

Also, I noticed that Jamaal did not shoot as much 2 points 2 steals 9 dimes. Great!

I hope Jeff is okay too!

pacerwaala
I love it! JO's game tonight will shut a lot of people up!

JO played well tonight and I have never been one to trade him if it wasn't for KG or TD! But that turnaround at the end of the game that hit the side of the board was real ugly!

Regardless, this is one ugly win! This team's is mentally weak and their psyche is so fragile. I just do not like the body language of this team.

DG was awesome tonight and will be a player in this league. He is also a disciplined kid who does not whine at the refs or pout on the bench at all and plays team ball all the time.

Pacersfan.
04-12-2006, 09:26 PM
So it looks like NJ will likely lose two games in a row. Hopefully, they'll keep cooling off before the playoffs if we get them.

bulldog
04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Even though we've played so awful lately, I don't think anyone wants to face us in the first round. You never know which Pacers are gonna show up, but when we're good, we're pretty damn good.

piksi
Rick is all about matchup's...he always goes with his gut feeling,so on a night like tonight granger plays some good minutes,and the next game granger could play 2 mins.

how is this working for You guys - considering that You are 38-40 if I am not mistaking ?

Jermaniac
Jermaine is God and thats pretty much it for tonight.

D-BONE
04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
A win is nice and there were signs of intensity. Defense atrocius! Celts w/ some injuries, too.

GO!!!!!
04-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Danger of the Bench 15 Pts 6/7 Shooting, 6 Boards, 2 Assists, 2 Steals and tonnes of energy and buzzer beaters

how can ya not love this kid

Great All round game.. bit scary till the end but great learning curve..

D-BONE
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
That swiss cheese D in the playoffs=we get shallacked.

04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Peja is God and thats pretty much it for tonight.

Fixed :)

PaceBalls
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Just one thing... its a crappy team and they scored alot of points...

I don't get excited about that. WHERE'S THE DEEF?

We managed to play way over our potential and got a win... barely even. Sorry for being the pessimist, but I used to expect blowouts, now if all the stars are aligned just right and JO has his 1 good game out of every 15 he plays we can win without playing defense.

Bah! Bring back the good ol days with Ron Reggie and AL where we would have destroyed this Celtic team 100-64

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Jermaine is God and thats pretty much it for tonight.

No need to be fixed ;)

317Kim
04-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Both JO and Peja were pretty much God tonight :)

Mushmouth
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Good win... gotta get on a little mini-roll to get in the right mind state to win a couple games in the playoffs.

Pacersfan.
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Glad we won, but PLEEASE play some D!

Mushmouth
04-12-2006, 09:38 PM
how is this working for You guys - considering that You are 38-40 if I am not mistaking ?

Who specifically did you feel should have played more?

It's a little more complicated than just matchups or gut feeling, but some players are going to play less in some games, but certainly not the top 6 or 7 guys. Barring injury, they'll play virtually the same minutes nightly.

Frank Slade
04-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Although some of you make very good points, regarding the usual complaints of this team.. For right now given the circumstances...

( and probably because I have already lowered my current expectations, and standards to avoid seeking professional help) :unimpress

Give me an Ugly Win over a Pretty Loss any day of the week

:sunshine: Just win Baby....

Brian
04-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Well you have to take in account that 75% of the players on this team are psychos.So one night Rick has a nice calm member of the team who plays "team ball" and the next night he has a guy who seems to forget he has 4 other people on the floor with him.

So when you have 4 out of 5 guys playing like that,it doesnt matter if Red Auerbach were coaching this team you cant coach someone who thinks they are above the game.

piksi
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Who specifically did you feel should have played more?

It's a little more complicated than just matchups or gut feeling, but some players are going to play less in some games, but certainly not the top 6 or 7 guys. Barring injury, they'll play virtually the same minutes nightly.

Pedja did not play for the most of the 4th quarter while Boston was making that big run to cut the lead to 3. That isn't the first time that it happened. You guys won this game so it doesn't really matter but as an outsider it looks so strange. I just seem to be unable to understand how things work at pacers. I watched about 20 games and the substitutions are wierd, everyone takes shot of any kind at any time which leads to being owned by Hawks. You guys have so much talent on that roster. There is no way in the world - You are below .500 team. I somehow just don't get it.

Pacersfan.
04-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Indiana coach Rick Carlisle said Jones' injury is more serious than originally thought, and he doesn't know when, or if, he'll return this season

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=ApdSXDg_8k9ugGatMUcVSQi8vLYF?gid=200604 1211

Oh boy, never a good sign.

Hicks
04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
How about Danny Granger? (!)

I always enjoy seeing him do well.

I really like him at the 3; he's more dominant, and it looks like he'll be able to create offensively from that position; he can shoot over people since he's long and 6'9", and he's decent at driving and finishing around the bucket. It helps that he's clutch(!) too.

We even got to see Peja/Granger at the 2/3. Against bigger guys, it worked.

317Kim
04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
:( Freddy....

Well on the semi-bright side. Gill MIGHT make the playoff roster if Fred's unable to return..but I still think he'll be a key member in the 2nd unit.

317Kim
04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
How about Danny Granger? (!)

I always enjoy seeing him do well.

I really like him at the 3; he's more dominant, and it looks like he'll be able to create offensively from that position; he can shoot over people since he's long and 6'9", and he's decent at driving and finishing around the bucket. It helps that he's clutch(!) too.

We even got to see Peja/Granger at the 2/3. Against bigger guys, it worked.

He really was great! I'm pretty sure he's out of the slump Slick was talking about. His rookie wall never existed, it was more like a rookie hurdle.

He hit a 3 to beat the buzzer at the end of 2 and then tipped one in at the end of 3. :)

pizza guy
04-12-2006, 09:49 PM
Jermaine, Peja, Cro, and Danny were God and thats pretty much it for tonight.

Now it's 100% accurate.

Slick Pinkham
04-12-2006, 09:50 PM
Any win is nice, but that was almost a summer league team we beat.

piksi
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Any win is nice, but that was almost a summer league team we beat.

A team that is a property of the Atlanta Hawks can't really be too picky when it comes to wins

Lord Helmet
04-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Nice win, but we STILL need to pick up the defense. We also need to stop letting teams back into games.

But, to the positives, we played really hard, everyone did. It was a team game tonight, with about 31 assists. Played really hard and tough. We deserved the win and we got it.

KEEP IT UP.

Bball
04-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Well, 'God' (as Jermaniac has proclaimed him) forced an ugly shot in crunch time and clanked it off the side of the backboard and I am pretty sure I heard a voice from Ohio shouting "Mr Third Quarter!!!"

...But... What I got to see of the game... JO didn't seem to be forcing as much stuff and the team seemed not to be forcing everything thru him. I was happy to see him pass out of the stiff defense to Granger for the halftime buzzer beater... and sad to see him force that crunch time clunker. No way he should've been taking that shot IMHO.

If we keep JO, and have any real success for doing so, then JO is going to have to be something other than our main guy and our 'go to' guy. Nothing wrong with him playing a decoy role. Nothing wrong with him getting the ball in crunch time BUT it can't be a 'throw it into JO and let him go to work' situation... He absolutely must be willing to pass it. As a matter of fact, I want him thinking pass first when he gets the ball down there. Don't force it, pass it. Only take what the defense gives us.

I should add- JO would still get plenty of points.

I did see that pass to Granger at the end of the half as a sort of 'passing the torch'. JO needs to be more like Granger and improve his all around game and make smarter basketball plays. JO might've already wasted his chance to be the heart of the franchise and Granger looks to be a natural fit for it. (Croshere can make a nice run for it too).

Maybe that is what we need... Guys looking to be the heart and soul of the team first and foremost... not looking to be the star of the team.

I will caveat all that by saying I couldn't watch every minute of the game. I'm fighting with the other computer and trying to get a 'bandaid' on it for this evening. It has all my biz/tax info on it and it has developed a sick CPU fan I have discovered.

-Bball

Mushmouth
04-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Pedja did not play for the most of the 4th quarter while Boston was making that big run to cut the lead to 3. That isn't the first time that it happened. You guys won this game so it doesn't really matter but as an outsider it looks so strange. I just seem to be unable to understand how things work at pacers. I watched about 20 games and the substitutions are wierd, everyone takes shot of any kind at any time which leads to being owned by Hawks. You guys have so much talent on that roster. There is no way in the world - You are below .500 team. I somehow just don't get it.

Pedja played 35 minutes, you realize that right?

We've had 31 different starting lineups. Odd year for the Pacers... I wouldn't read too much into rotations in a team that hasn't had stability for 2 years.

Lots of talent doesn't mean a whole in a league full of talented players. Hell, talent doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot at all to be honest. Some of the most talented basketball players never even make to the NBA.

Unclebuck
04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Tinsley, AJ, Croshere, J.O., Jax and Granger all played well.

But the defense stunk and what happened to Foster

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:12 PM

We have a lot of talent but it is never together.

Also, Granger > Peja. I don' think Peja should play as much as he does. It makes me angry when Danny is stuck playing PF.

Bball
04-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Tinsley, AJ, Croshere, J.O., Jax and Granger all played well.

But the defense stunk and what happened to Foster

He hurt his back but I didn't see when it happened. Al or Quinn mentioned it might've already been a problem and that was why he was having difficulties shooting FT's (couldn't get his extension they said).

-Bball

piksi
04-12-2006, 10:23 PM
We have a lot of talent but it is never together.

Also, Granger > Peja. I don' think Peja should play as much as he does. It makes me angry when Danny is stuck playing PF.
one day - probably but right now - I don't think so. Not even close. Danny is yet to be a primary focus of the opponents defense in his career.

Unclebuck
04-12-2006, 10:23 PM
The other question I had is why was Saras yanked after one play. Was that discussed

able
04-12-2006, 10:25 PM
actually he played a bit longer, but do the words "defense" and "mismatch" mean anything?

he was torched 3 times in under 1 minute, end of his sighting.

piksi
04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
The other question I had is why was Saras yanked after one play. Was that discussed

Another interesting point. I am trying to figure how things work at Pacers but it seems like I am getting more confused after every game that I watch

pizza guy
04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah, as soon as Gerald Green had a shot at Sarunas, it was over. Usually I get upset when he goes out like that, but, against the speed of Boston's young team, I had no problem with it.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:30 PM
one day - probably but right now - I don't think so. Not even close. Danny is yet to be a primary focus of the opponents defense in his career.

Yes, he's probably not better right now, but I think he's good enough to deserve more SF minutes. Peja was supposedly sort of injury prone lately anyway, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the rest.

Why couldn't Peja be a little shorter and quicker. If he were a SG/SF, it'd be perfect.

piksi
04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Yes, he's probably not better right now, but I think he's good enough to deserve more SF minutes. Peja was supposedly sort of injury prone lately anyway, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the rest.

Why couldn't Peja be a little shorter and quicker. If he were a SG/SF, it'd be perfect.

Minutes don't really matter when the team is winning, but when You allow 14-2 run or so at the end of the game and a leading scorer is on the bench - that is very strange to say the least. That doesn't happen with any elite teams in this league or in any league on this planet. It isn't about an individual player as much as it is about a rythm that a team should have.

Jermaniac
04-12-2006, 10:37 PM
The other question I had is why was Saras yanked after one play. Was that discussedGerald Green is 6-8 and jumps out of the gym. Not very smart to have our worst defender on him.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Minutes don't really matter when the team is winning, but when You allow 14-2 run or so at the end of the game and a leading scorer is on the bench - that is very strange to say the least. That doesn't happen with any elite teams in this league or in any league on this planet. It isn't about an individual player as much as it is about a rythm that a team should have.

Yes but Granger was easily our best player for most of that fourth quarter - he was eating guys alive on defense. What was Rick supposed to do?

indytoad
04-12-2006, 10:38 PM
This is the way I look at it. Pacers outrebounded the Celtics 42-23, had 8 more assists on 4 fewer FG's, shot 13-23 on threes (!), came out on top the turnover battle...and won by 5.

Thusly: If this team plays at maximum potential, they can sometimes beat a team that's a shell of its former, already terrible self. There is absolutely no hope for playoff success, so there's no need for talk about the Nets "cooling down" or how "no one wants to play us," or whatever. It makes you look silly, to be honest.

IndyToad
A bomb in a basket

Unclebuck
04-12-2006, 10:40 PM
actually he played a bit longer, but do the words "defense" and "mismatch" mean anything?

he was torched 3 times in under 1 minute, end of his sighting.

OK, I have no problem taking him out, in fact I was in favor of it, but it just seemed really quick

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 10:40 PM
This is the way I look at it. Pacers outrebounded the Celtics 42-23, had 8 more assists on 4 fewer FG's, shot 13-23 on threes (!), came out on top the turnover battle...and won by 5.

Thusly: If this team plays at maximum potential, they can sometimes beat a team that's a shell of its former, already terrible self. There is absolutely no hope for playoff success, so there's no need for talk about the Nets "cooling down" or how "no one wants to play us," or whatever. It makes you look silly, to be honest.

IndyToad
A bomb in a basket
:haterade:

BlueNGold
04-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Tins, JO, Cro, Peja and Danny on the floor at the same time is an excellent combination on the offensive side. They really spread the floor well and are able to efficiently share the ball. I especially like how it opens up the floor for Danny to drive to the bucket. There is no way the guy guarding JO can leave him. There is no way the guys guarding Peja and Cro can leave them at the 3pt line with Danny and Tins' passing ability.

On the other side, they are not the best defensively, but Peja, Cro, Danny and JO are all good rebounders....and Danny and JO protect the paint pretty well and are good shot blockers. I enjoy seeing that group play!

04-12-2006, 10:44 PM

I have said this thousand times and never had an answer. Why cant Peja & Danny be in together? Everytime that happened it worked out so well, like tonight. Danny could be starting at SG and play his usual SF style... Danny is a PURE SF / SG talent and you know it. (besides, we would bring SJax back to where he belongs.)

The most funny part is that NOBODY in here wants Danny to be a SG, LOL. If you guys would had Magic Johnson you would directly Put him at PF because he could Rebound and Score inside and his body was a PF/SF body... comon? ? ??

BlueNGold
04-12-2006, 10:46 PM
OK, I have no problem taking him out, in fact I was in favor of it, but it just seemed really quick

I really like Saras, but he needs to show he can adequately defend the PG position. He has not done that yet IMO.

SoupIsGood
I have said this thousand times and never had an answer. Why cant Peja & Danny be in together? Everytime that happened it worked out so well, like tonight. Danny could be starting at SG and play his usual SF style... Danny is a PURE SF / SG talent and you know it. (besides, we would bring SJax back to where he belongs.)

The most funny part is that NOBODY in here wants Danny to be a SG, LOL. If you guys would had Magic Johnson you would directly Put him at PF because he could Rebound and Score inside and his body was a PF/SF body... comon? ? ??

Because both are SF's in this league. Danny can play PF somewhat effectively.

indytoad

Danny Granger != Magic Johnson

IndyToad
Or <>

Bball
04-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Green is 6'8"?

He didn't look 6'8"... I thought he looked more like 6'4" or so....

-Bball

piksi
04-12-2006, 10:54 PM

Sometimes it does look like SJax is blackmailing RC with something

Deadshot
04-12-2006, 10:56 PM

Have you looked at the games missed by each player this season? Its hard to consistently win games without key pieces.

GO!!!!!
04-12-2006, 11:00 PM
I play Peja @ SG on Live 06, sure it's a game bla blah, and start Danny @ SF, and when I'm playing a Scoring SG like Wade, Allen, Hamilton, I just put Danny on the SG for defensive rotations and it works a treat for me

but thats just a game....

piksi
04-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Have you looked at the games missed by each player this season? Its hard to consistently win games without key pieces.

good teams find the way to win, especially teams with strong leadership.

Kings used to do it for years, Suns are pretty good without Amare, Mavs have injury problems too. There are many other examples. A euroleague team wouldn't lose 4 straight to the Hawks. There have to be other issues besides injuries.

Deadshot
04-12-2006, 11:06 PM

Kings used to do it for years, Suns are pretty good without Amare, Mavs have injury problems too. There are many other examples. A euroleague team wouldn't lose 4 straight to the Hawks. There have to be other issues besides injuries.

As stated by many users on this forum time and time again, we don't have strong leadership.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:08 PM

Those examples you provided are nothing compared to what we've had the last two years.

Besides, we have yet to drop into the lottery in either year, and we have frequently fielded some scrubtastic lineups.

Anthem
04-12-2006, 11:14 PM
:laugh: That's so awesome. I laughed out loud.

There once was a coach named I.Thomas... :D

Anthem
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Those examples you provided are nothing compared to what we've had the last two years.

Besides, we have yet to drop into the lottery in either year, and we have frequently fielded some scrubtastic lineups.
Don't bother with him, he's hopeless.

A team that starts a guy named Fowlkes has no need to apologize.

Wait, isn't Fowlkes playing in the Euroleague now?

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:18 PM

:shrug:

Call me crazy, but I think I saw Britton Johnsen in a NBA highlight the other day. Did he latch on with some team?

piksi
04-12-2006, 11:19 PM

relevance ?

bozzwell
04-12-2006, 11:22 PM

I hate to kick good man/franchise when they are down, but that was _last year_. This year, Pacers decided to be sucktacular precisely at the time when they got everyone healthy again.

Piksi is right, something is very fishy here. I tried to watch Pacers since the trade as much as I could. Invariably, I turn the channel to watch some other game because it is too painfull to watch. Tonight they almost lost me again as they tried to choke away the game in the 4th. Looking at your roster, you should be blowing away teams like Boston, Atlanta, NY, Toronto...even though you have a mighty mess at PG. JO on his own, should be enough to put away those teams. As it is, Pedja and Granger are your best players (and they play same position) and effort guys (Foster, Pollard and Croshere) can't do it on their own or consistently enough.

You see what I am getting at? For this team to be as sucktacular is it is on the court, locker room must be as bad.

Anthem
04-12-2006, 11:24 PM
relevance ?
:D Like you've earned any right to ask that question. :laugh:

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 11:25 PM
I hate to kick good man/franchise when they are down, but that was _last year_. This year, Pacers decided to be sucktacular precisely at the time when they got everyone healthy again.

Piksi is right, something is very fishy here. I tried to watch Pacers since the trade as much as I could. Invariably, I turn the channel to watch some other game because it is too painfull to watch. Tonight they almost lost me again as they tried to choke away the game in the 4th. Looking at your roster, you should be blowing away teams like Boston, Atlanta, NY, Toronto...even though you have a mighty mess at PG. JO on his own, should be enough to put away those teams. As it is, Pedja and Granger are your best players (and they play same position) and effort guys (Foster, Pollard and Croshere) can't do it on their own or consistently enough.

You see what I am getting at? For this team to be as sucktacular is it is on the court, locker room must be as bad.

You won't understand why things are the way things are if you don't look at last year. You simply won't.

There's only so long they can fight through the same disaster scenario - and this one lasted for the better part of two years. It wears on them. A lot of the energy has been sucked dry.

BTW, I hope you're prepared for Artest to bring the same kinda thing upon your team. :-p :-o

Anthem
04-12-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh, I don't care. The players are getting shipped out anyway, so it's a different locker room next year anyway.

I just dislike people who come in and bag on my team. I can bag on them, they're my team. But I can't imagine having so little of a life that I'd go to the board of a team I didn't care about and mock them.

I should probably ignore him, which I'll do once I finish this post. But every once and a while the disrespect just has to express itself.

bozzwell
04-12-2006, 11:34 PM
You won't understand why things are the way things are if you don't look at last year. You simply won't.

There's only so long they can fight through the same disaster scenario - and this one lasted for the better part of two years. It wears on them. A lot of the energy has been sucked dry.

BTW, I hope you're prepared for Artest to bring the same kinda thing upon your team. :-p :-o

Like I said Soup, I am genuinly sorry to see what is going on with this franchise. I do like to say how I hate all of the EC, but Indy fans were always (long before the trade) well liked on kingsfans.com as you know.

I take your point about last year spilling over into this year. Let's take it from there. It is very fishy when all that has gone down is finally put to rest by a trade that seemingly worked for you (you've seen Pedja before the trade? Not a shadow of Pacer Pedja, even though Pacer Pedja <<< Old Pedja from 1999-2004). So, isn't it logical that this sequnce:

1. Artest traded
2. Pedja good
3. JO back
4. Tinsly back

results in:
5. resurgence of Pacers?

What am I missing here? Miller? Was Reggie the glue that kept everyone together and on the same page _including_ Rick?

I am not trying to start anything I am genuinly intrigued.

04-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Danny Granger != Magic Johnson

IndyToad
Or <>

INDYTOAD ?=

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/reggiemiller/indytoad.jpg

Jumper
04-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Interestingly enough that is a thread I have wanted to start. Aside from inserting Peja for Artest, this team has had minor changes from last year. The major exit is Miller, so what happens this year if he is still here? Do the supposed locker room conflicts go away? Does the team meet expectations? Or is it just a horrible way to watch a legend end his career....?

bozzwell
04-12-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh, I don't care. The players are getting shipped out anyway, so it's a different locker room next year anyway.

I just dislike people who come in and bag on my team. I can bag on them, they're my team. But I can't imagine having so little of a life that I'd go to the board of a team I didn't care about and mock them.

I should probably ignore him, which I'll do once I finish this post. But every once and a while the disrespect just has to express itself.

Were you talking about me or Piksi? Just so we avoid any potential missunderstanding, I am not here to bag on your team. You have a good board. You have some of that weird dynamic born out of real anymosity between Pacer fans and fanbois (talking about Saras here;)) that we lost when Pedja got shipped. To me, it's like looking at kingsfans.com from the past. ;)

Maybe I am little bit sad for finding that interesting.

piksi
04-12-2006, 11:47 PM

I am not mocking anyone - just trying to understand what is going on since I decided to watch some more Pacers games. Seeing that none of You can give any reasonable explanation makes me feel better. At least - I am not alone.

Anthem
04-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Were you talking about me or Piksi? Just so we avoid any potential missunderstanding, I am not here to bag on your team. You have a good board. You have some of that weird dynamic born out of real anymosity between Pacer fans and fanbois (talking about Saras here;)) that we lost when Pedja got shipped. To me, it's like looking at kingsfans.com from the past. ;)

Maybe I am little bit sad for finding that interesting.
:laugh: I believe it. And now with Saras and Peja both on the same team, it's brutal.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about you. Your was an honest question.

Will Galen
04-13-2006, 02:32 AM
The most funny part is that NOBODY in here wants Danny to be a SG, . . .

You just haven't read the right threads. There's been a couple where that was the topic and people seemed to be for it.

I've had several posts where I mentioned Danny could play shooting guard. I had one post where I pointed out Danny expected to play some shooting guard in the NBA.

Also using DG at shooting guard was mentioned by Conrad Brunner in his QOD yesterday.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question.html

Why Have Grangerís Minutes Been Cut?

Wednesday, April 12, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is with the lineup changes recently? Why hasn't Coach Rick Carlisle played (Danny) Granger any? He went from sixth man to last man in the last four games, and in watching all of the games I haven't seen anything he does done wrong except for a small slump. Shouldn't he be played more to get out of the slump instead of only getting 4 minutes to take one shot and possible miss to continue the slump? Granger deserves to play and Carlisle should see how important he is to our team having success. (From James in Orlando, Fla.)

A. Danny Granger's performance has been one of the few real bright spots of this season, which makes it doubly frustrating to see him pushed from center stage to the outer fringes of the rotation, but there are some valid reasons. For most of the season, Granger was picking up minutes at both small forward and power forward. Clearly, he was most effective at small forward because of his physique and skill set. He played up front mostly out of necessity and often struggled, particularly on defense, against much bigger opponents.

Austin Croshere's return to health has cut into Granger's minutes at power forward. Though Croshere isn't a banger, he is a productive rebounder that knows how to play the position and is a strong team defender. With Peja Stojakovic deservedly playing 36 minutes a night, that leaves basically 12 minutes of work for Granger and he has struggled to get into a rhythm in short bursts. In the last four games, he has totaled six points, six rebounds and 1-of-10 shooting while averaging 11.5 minutes.

One possibility that hasn't yet been explored would be to use Granger as a backup shooting guard. At the moment, that's an area of major need because Fred Jones is struggling mightily with his injured left thumb and Sarunas Jasikevicius obviously isn't as comfortable or productive in that position. Though he hasn't been trained at that position, Granger would seem to be an ideal solution to that particular problem. It remains to be seen if it will be tried this year, but it certainly is a strong possibility for the future.

CableKC
04-13-2006, 03:05 AM
You just haven't read the right threads. There's been a couple where that was the topic and people seemed to be for it.

I've had several posts where I mentioned Danny could play shooting guard. I had one post where I pointed out Danny expected to play some shooting guard in the NBA.

Also using DG at shooting guard was mentioned by Conrad Brunner in his QOD yesterday.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/question.html

Why Have Grangerís Minutes Been Cut?

Wednesday, April 12, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. What is with the lineup changes recently? Why hasn't Coach Rick Carlisle played (Danny) Granger any? He went from sixth man to last man in the last four games, and in watching all of the games I haven't seen anything he does done wrong except for a small slump. Shouldn't he be played more to get out of the slump instead of only getting 4 minutes to take one shot and possible miss to continue the slump? Granger deserves to play and Carlisle should see how important he is to our team having success. (From James in Orlando, Fla.)

A. Danny Granger's performance has been one of the few real bright spots of this season, which makes it doubly frustrating to see him pushed from center stage to the outer fringes of the rotation, but there are some valid reasons. For most of the season, Granger was picking up minutes at both small forward and power forward. Clearly, he was most effective at small forward because of his physique and skill set. He played up front mostly out of necessity and often struggled, particularly on defense, against much bigger opponents.

Austin Croshere's return to health has cut into Granger's minutes at power forward. Though Croshere isn't a banger, he is a productive rebounder that knows how to play the position and is a strong team defender. With Peja Stojakovic deservedly playing 36 minutes a night, that leaves basically 12 minutes of work for Granger and he has struggled to get into a rhythm in short bursts. In the last four games, he has totaled six points, six rebounds and 1-of-10 shooting while averaging 11.5 minutes.

One possibility that hasn't yet been explored would be to use Granger as a backup shooting guard. At the moment, that's an area of major need because Fred Jones is struggling mightily with his injured left thumb and Sarunas Jasikevicius obviously isn't as comfortable or productive in that position. Though he hasn't been trained at that position, Granger would seem to be an ideal solution to that particular problem. It remains to be seen if it will be tried this year, but it certainly is a strong possibility for the future.
It may not be ideal.....we all know that Granger is more of a SF then anything....and is probably more comfortable at the backup PF spot then the backup SG spot.....but I would live with Granger at the backup SG spot if it meant that he would get more minutes EVEN with Croshere in the lineup.

I think he is fast enough to at least be somewhat effective guarding some SGs in the league.

CableKC
04-13-2006, 03:13 AM
A good win...especially when we needed one.

I'm glad that JONeal was able to step......especially Foster out with an injury.....he was able to pull down some boards. But let's put that in with a little perspective.....the Celtics had no real frontline...especially with Al Jefferson out. I'm glad that he was able to dominate the likes of Kedrick Perkins, Raef LaFrentz and Olowakandi. JONeal did great tonight on the offensive end....I especially liked the 7 Assists that he dished out.

Most notable line......2 points and 9 assists from Tinsley. This is the oddest line that I have ever seen from Tinsley. Tinsley is usually tries at least 4 to 6 FGA a game. I wonder if there is something to this. I'm not complaining that he is not trying to shoot the ball....cuz I like the "pass first" PG that Tinsley can be.......this is just something that is completely out of the ordinary.

hoopsforlife
04-13-2006, 06:39 AM
Sometimes it does look like SJax is blackmailing RC with something

I still believe AJ has pictures somewhere too. Jax must have bought some from him. :)

owl
04-13-2006, 07:18 AM
That swiss cheese D in the playoffs=we get shallacked.

That is where the team is weakest since Ronnie was traded. I believe
the first pick in this draft needs to be a center. I am not enamored
with Harrison as being the type of defender that is needed.
He does not rebound well and is an average shot blocker.

If available Shelden Williams would help or maybe on a riskier pick
Sere Sene.

Better defense by the guards to stop dribble penetration would also help.

In the second round maybe Terrell Everett.

owl

Knucklehead Warrior
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM

IndyToad
A bomb in a basket

Sorry to come into the discussion sort of after the fact, but after looking at the boxscore this morning, put the shoe on the other foot. How the hell many teams are going to shoot .592 and LOSE? I didn't watch the game. I heard a lot of people say they appreciated the effort and there have been a lot of positive comments, but these stats don't lie. Indeed where was the DEEF?

waxman
04-13-2006, 12:21 PM
DG can play the 2... there is more than a couple of us who have been saying that.

Sheldon Williams is not an NBA center.

No we aren't very good yet,,,,, but we're finally getting some postive signs of life

CableKC
04-13-2006, 01:19 PM
That is where the team is weakest since Ronnie was traded. I believe
the first pick in this draft needs to be a center. I am not enamored
with Harrison as being the type of defender that is needed.
He does not rebound well and is an average shot blocker.

If available Shelden Williams would help or maybe on a riskier pick
Sere Sene.

Better defense by the guards to stop dribble penetration would also help.

In the second round maybe Terrell Everett.

owl
I agree that we need better defense....but I don't think that we need it as much at the PF or C Spots. Ignoring the fact that any PF/C that we draft would not get any real minutes playing behind either JONeal, Croshere, Foster and ( next to Harrison ).....when the best perimeter defender that we have is Granger, Freddie ( who may or may not be here next season ) and SJax ( when he decides to actually play some defense )......I would think we would need a solid PG/SG perimeter defender ( like Mardy Collins or even Foye ).

owl
04-13-2006, 02:03 PM

Shelden Williams is a better center right now than Harrison is. Williams is not
best at power forward. He bangs and defends and rebounds like a center.
So if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck.

I could live with a Mardy Collins type player. Or a Bobby Jones in the
second.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=351

owl

CableKC
04-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Bobby Jones sounds pretty solid in the 2nd round too.....good pick there. I want to draft a defensive stopper if possible.

Since86
04-13-2006, 02:46 PM

He could very easily turn out to be a Zo Mourning type of center.

He's an exceptional shotblocker, and rebounds like a monster. He has a very long wing span, which results in a very good post defender.

He really doesn't have the quickness, nor range, of today's PF. If he makes it, it's going to be as a center.

Putnam
04-13-2006, 02:48 PM
Just one thing... its a crappy team and they scored alot of points...

I don't get excited about that. WHERE'S THE DEEF?

We managed to play way over our potential and got a win... barely even. Sorry for being the pessimist, but I used to expect blowouts, now if all the stars are aligned just right and JO has his 1 good game out of every 15 he plays we can win without playing defense.

Bah! Bring back the good ol days with Ron Reggie and AL where we would have destroyed this Celtic team 100-64

This is the truth.