PDA

View Full Version : How Well do you Like....Day 4

8.9_seconds
04-11-2006, 05:01 PM
This is the "How well do you Like..."thread. There's been alot of , in the truest since of the word, 'playa hatin' goin on, and I think it can be attributed to how we're playing. So, I want to know if you like the particular player the thread is dedicated to based not on how they play, but just how you feel and think about them. This way, maybe we can find an official general consensus.

Today's Player: :johnson:

Smokey the Bear says, "Only you can prevent forrest fires."

8.9 says, "Smokey the bear is a hack. I saw him lightin' up the other night in a van down by the River, and uh....oh yeah VOTE.

Shade
04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
AJ is a solid back-up 2. HE IS NOT A POINT GUARD.

That is all.

hoopsforlife
04-11-2006, 05:30 PM

That is all.

Yes. Thats the only reason I voted no. I like him but he should be a 2 guard.

317Kim
04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Pretty solid vet. He's cool offcourt too.

8.9_seconds
04-11-2006, 05:41 PM
I love AJ, he amuses the crap out of me. He works hard and does what he supposed to, seems like an okay guy.

I :love: AJ

D-BONE
04-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Just cause I like him doesn't mean I don't find him expendable! Does what he's asked and seems like a stable personality/attitude type. That I like. If he can sweeten a deal for us, adios. Otherwise, can contribute in a back-up capacity.

Fireball Kid
04-11-2006, 06:28 PM
No........no I don't like AJ.

bulletproof
04-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't think this "How well do you like..." series is going well. If it was a sitcom, it would be cancelled after 3 episodes.

8.9_seconds
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I don't think this "How well do you like..." series is going well. If it was a sitcom, it would be cancelled after 3 episodes.

I liked Harmonica better....Bulletproof is a jerk. Wait...

I think your right though, not many people care anymore, but it's because of the names, if I did a Saras, Jack, and Jamaal thread BOOM huge.

Roaming Gnome
04-11-2006, 07:22 PM
A.J., I voted yeah, I like him....For a backup.

indytoad
04-11-2006, 07:26 PM
After Austin, AJ is probably the most professional player on the team.

It's not his fault that Rick has asked him to do things that aren't really part of his skillset.

IndyToad
Screening his calls

Kegboy
04-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I think when you try and vote, a legal disclaimer should come up stating that you've read that the question is "Do you like the guy, not how he plays, where he plays, how much he plays, yada yada yada". You then have to type in your screen name, click "I Agree", and then you can vote.

SoupIsGood
04-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I think when you try and vote, a legal disclaimer should come up stating that you've read that the question is "Do you like the guy, not how he plays, where he plays, how much he plays, yada yada yada". You then have to type in your screen name, click "I Agree", and then you can vote.

Word.

Jermaniac
04-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I dont like him because of Rick Carlisle.

Shade
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
I dont like him because of Rick Carlisle.

That's pretty much my vote as well.

Kegboy
04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Word.

I'm starting to think everyone else has me, you, and 8.9 Ignored.

Can you vote in the poll of someone you have Ignored? :hmm:

SoupIsGood
04-11-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm starting to think everyone else has me, you, and 8.9 Ignored.

Can you vote in the poll of someone you have Ignored? :hmm:

I think they just don't care about us anymore *weeps*

Shade
04-11-2006, 08:46 PM
So...

Has anyone seen Kegboy or SIG around lately? :whistle:

BlueNGold
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
No. Like the guy, hate his game because it is painful to watch. The point guard needs to be able to orchestrate the offense. That is a critical PG skill that he completely lacks. He is the right PG for a championship team, but not as a starter. Bruno said it best in his QOD today.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
04-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Said it before and Ill say it again, I think AJ is one of THE BEST backup PGs in the league. Not many backup pgs in this league could step in and lead a team to wins like AJ has the last two seasons for us. I think he gets too bad of a wrap on his ability to run the team. I think he did well in the motion offense we were running after the Peja trade, but is somewhat lacking in the abliltiy to create shots for others (like Tinsley) in the stale offense weve had lately.

Gotta love his professionalism too, on a team full of lazy-asses that means a lot. Just look at some of the reports weve had here on pre-game warmups to see what I mean.

Id love to keep him, as a backup pg, if possible.

grace
04-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Personally, I :love: Anthony.

As for the rest of you haters you can go :censored:

Shade
04-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Just FYI, I'm basing my analysis more on the "player" as opposed to the "person," because I'm a good-natured person for the most part and try to see the good in everybody. I doubt many, of any, of these guys is really a bad person off the court. Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to do it that way, but I think most of us are anyway. So bite me. :tongue:

With that said, I can't wait for the Jack poll. :plot: :devil:

Shade
04-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Personally, I :love: Anthony.

As for the rest of you haters you can go :censored:

You don't :love: AJ, you just hate Runi. :tongue:

Let's get rid of them both. Then we can start my boy! :happydanc

beast23
04-12-2006, 12:10 PM

That is all.Even though AJ has a better career assist-to-turnover ratio than Tinsley?

I just think that AJ is not a bonafide starter. He is a backup combo-guard, SG or PG take your choice.

SoupIsGood
04-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Even though AJ has a better career assist-to-turnover ratio than Tinsley?

I just think that AJ is not a bonafide starter. He is a backup combo-guard, SG or PG take your choice.

Happy belated birthday

Shade
04-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Even though AJ has a better career assist-to-turnover ratio than Tinsley?

SG

There, I took my choice.

Kegboy
04-12-2006, 05:16 PM

No, AJ was her favorite Pacer well before she'd even heard of Cabbage.

And no, I don't get it either. :dunno:

Shade
04-12-2006, 05:27 PM
No, AJ was her favorite Pacer well before she'd even heard of Cabbage.

And no, I don't get it either. :dunno:

AJ for Gordon. ;)

Come on! AJ's a starter and Gordon's only a back-up! :innocent:

beast23
04-12-2006, 05:28 PM
SG

Damn, my ears hurt.

I know I'm getting old and feeble, and I'd ask you to repeat yourself, but I'm afraid that the two letters in your next post might consume my whole screen.

So, I suppose you'd be okay with AJ at SG as long as Eddie starts at PG? :)

SycamoreKen
04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I voted like him. As was stated before, he has been put into situations that don't fit his skills. He seems more than willing to come off the bench, if only our "starting" point guard could stay "healthy" enough to keep him there.

Shade
04-13-2006, 12:41 AM
Damn, my ears hurt.

I know I'm getting old and feeble, and I'd ask you to repeat yourself, but I'm afraid that the two letters in your next post might consume my whole screen.

So, I suppose you'd be okay with AJ at SG as long as Eddie starts at PG? :)

YA

:devil:

grace
04-13-2006, 09:35 AM

I do too :love: AJ. Eddie and Jamaal are tied for second. It has nothing to do with Cabbage.

Actually none of it really matters because in my heart of hearts Ron Mercier will always be the one I :drool: over.