PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Thread:Knicks @ Pacers

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I LOVE ME SOME JAMAAL TINSLEY

Moses
04-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Hey, We beat the Knicks!

By like 20 points or something..Go Pacers! If we win the rest of our games this season then I will be satisfied with the season and have a little confidence going into the post-season. There is no reason we shouldn't win every single game even if Orlando is playing well right now.

Ragnar
04-10-2006, 09:31 PM

Dont forget Jack, Cro, Jeff and Peja

Lord Helmet
04-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I like it too when he's not in "I'm A.I." mode.

Play your game, Jamaal and you played it tonight. Racking up assists.

I wasn't enjoying the game until we started to blow it open and this blowout could hide some problems we had during the entire game. We need to play a HELL of a lot better defense. I do not want to see another player just walk right into the paint and lay it up.

Next game vs Boston at home, we can take them, but we sure as hell better play some defense. Also, I want to see more Danny too, that's the other flaw of tonight's game. Too little Danny, and to Rick's credit, Croshere had an awesome game. But, he won't always have games like that. I want more Danny.

Why didn't Hulk play at all? I'm assuming he was hurt again. All in all a good, much needed win. KEEP IT UP.

Also, if anyone who was at the game would care to explain what the crowd was chanting, it would be appreciated.

Also, big props to Peja and Jackson, they kept us in this game and helped us get the blowout, with their shooting tonight. I only wish Jack could always shoot like this. Also, I can't forget Foster, he had some nice boards like always and it's appreciated.

317Kim
04-10-2006, 09:35 PM
I must say I feel much better after winning. It was a great game after we went on that 11-0 run to end the third and continuted in the 4th for a while. We played well tonight for a change. We outrebounded them 40-31. We had 28 assists on 27 baskets. And even though turnovers were a problem in the first half, we ended up only having 11 to their 19.

Jack was fire and Tins DID A LOT BETTER than he had been in the games before he sat out those few games with the achilles.

The only things that I didn't like about the game was JO's FGM/FGA. 1-7 FGs, 8=8 FTs for 10 points and the fact that Danger only played 3:52 and 0-1 FG for 0 points.

Oh yeah, Sixers won...BUT SO DID WE.

Ragnar
04-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Also, I want to see more Danny too, that's the other flaw of tonight's game. Too little Danny, and to Rick's credit, Croshere had an awesome game. But, he won't always have games like that. I want more Danny.

Why didn't Hulk play at all? I'm assuming he was hurt again. All in all a good, much needed win. KEEP IT UP.

What I dont understand about Cro taking Danny's minutes is that they do not play the same position. Cro is a 4/5 Danny is a 3 I know Rick likes to play him out of position at the 4 (a trend with Rick) but he is a 3.

As far as David he was suited up I dont have any idea why he did not get any burn. But I could buy Cro taking his minutes more than I could buy him taking Danny's

04-10-2006, 09:37 PM
1.SJAX 2.PEJA 3.Tinsley = for the win

Sollozzo
04-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Don't mean to **** on the parade, but we beat the worst team in the league at home tonight, a team that has already beaten us twice this year, and couldn't pull away until the second half.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Pacersfan.
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
But we won!

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I dont care who we beat, after all these damn losses its nice to win.

Moses
04-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Don't mean to **** on the parade, but we beat the worst team in the league at home tonight, a team that has already beaten us twice this year, and couldn't pull away until the second half.

Not to **** on the pisser of parades, but the Knicks were on a 3 game winning streak prior to tonights game. That's got to count for something. And the way this team plays against the worst teams in the league, it should count double.

D-BONE
04-10-2006, 10:01 PM

TRUE DAT. It was great to get a W but we need to approach with caution and see what occurs over the next week. I still think a sudden surge against this cupcake schedule could turn out to be a mirage. And if not, it would still beg the question where's it been consistently? And don't tell me about injuries or anything related please.

Unclebuck
04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Rick is in playoff mode. That is why he's playing the vets. I don't ewxpect to see hardly any of Harrison and Saras, and I expect to see very little of Granger also. Scream and shout all you want, but that is the way it's going to be the last 5 games.,

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 10:04 PM
lol Playoff mode. Trying to make excuses for Rick playing Cro over Danny and Hulk not playing at all. Why the hell didnt he start the damn playoff mode when we were 2 and 8 the last 10 games.

Last year when he started Michael Curry over James Jones in the middle of the season was that playoff mode too?

04-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Why the hell didnt he start the damn playoff mode when we were 2 and 8 the last 10 games.

<--------------- LOL i love how this part does all the answers for me :lmao:

Lord Helmet
04-10-2006, 10:30 PM
So, did we ever find out what the crowd was chanting?

Netweeny
04-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Man Jermaniac..... you must really have something against UB. Everytime UB posts something, you reply with a snotty comment insinuating that UB's opinion is wrong and stupid.

Out of curiosity, just what did UB do to you?

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Didnt do nothing, I never made anything personal insult against him, I dont agree with what he posts about Rick Carlisle, and its sad to me how he never blames the man for anything. But is quick to pin some blame on Jamaal Tinsley.

sweabs
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
So, did we ever find out what the crowd was chanting?

Help us out guys who attended the game - me and LH were wondering this during the game.

It sounded to me like something along the lines of "No more ______________".

Anyone?

Hicks
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
When Francis was shooting the free throws? "OVER-RATED! clap clap, clap-clap-clap!"

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I thought they where saying "OVERATED" to Francis.

edit - Well there we go me and Hicks make the post in the same minute

sweabs
04-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Haha - that's great. Thanks guys. I guess I mistook "over" for "no more".

Kegboy
04-10-2006, 10:47 PM

Actually, Portland is the worst team in the league. After losing to us, NY is tied with Charlotte for worst in the East.

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2006, 11:00 PM
Ugh. We sucked. Horrible execution the 2nd half and when we got down we pretty much fell apart.

And some of LB's lineups had me sort of, uh, shocked. Putting a lineup on the floor where Francis guards Peja? Unless Stevie grew 6 inches last night that will never work. And Udoka got way too much time - he's not an NBA player. David Lee isn't an SF, as much as LB keeps saying different. And with about 8 minutes left and down 11 our only shot of winning - and it wasn't a good one - was by having the disrupters in there - Nate and Lee. They weren't.

Did like the "Florida won without you" chant when Lee was shooting FT's.

At least our effort was there but the execution sure wasn't. Congrats to the Pacers - you kicked us all over the place.

brichard
04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Dont forget Jack, Cro, Jeff and Peja

And AJ did pretty well based on stats. 6 assists and 2 turnovers. Tinsley did better with 7 and 1, but they certainly were in the same ballpark on all statistical categories.

Unclebuck
04-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Rick Carlisle doesn't look good. The stress is really getting to him.

This was the best game Tinsley has played since he's been back from the injury he suffered in January. it might be the best game he's played all season long. Tonight is how he should play. Even his defense was very good.

How do you like that Jermaniac.

Jermaniac
04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Its nice

Ragnar
04-10-2006, 11:39 PM

This was the best game Tinsley has played since he's been back from the injury he suffered in January. it might be the best game he's played all season long. Tonight is how he should play. Even his defense was very good.

Actually the Sixers game was probably his best since returning from injury.

Evan_The_Dude
04-11-2006, 12:31 AM
We still shot too many threes. 7-21 would have lost us the game against a better team.

Bball
04-11-2006, 01:14 AM

Will it be one or two games before it goes to Tinsley's head and he reverts back and lays an egg?

....Can't let Jermaniac off too easy. ;)

-Bball

Peck
04-11-2006, 01:38 AM

I've noticed that as well.

bulletproof
04-11-2006, 01:57 AM
That's why he gets paid $4 mil a year.

Los Angeles
04-11-2006, 02:59 AM
That's why he gets paid $4 mil a year.
No ****ing ****.

I hear the Starbucks in Circle Center is hiring if he wants less responsibility.

Lithfan
04-11-2006, 04:16 AM
This was the best game Tinsley has played since he's been back from the injury he suffered in January. it might be the best game he's played all season long.

Just let me continue it a bit.....

...might be the best game he's played season long... however Tins performance was on the same level as Sarassss one yesterday. Please no BS about D.

:cool:

Sollozzo
04-11-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually, Portland is the worst team in the league. After losing to us, NY is tied with Charlotte for worst in the East.

Oops.

CableKC
04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Will it be one or two games before it goes to Tinsley's head and he reverts back and lays an egg?

....Can't let Jermaniac off too easy. ;)

-Bball
When Tinsley plays like this for the rest of the season....then I will be happy with him. But let's see if he "passes more" then he shoots.

Also....I'll be the "downer" of the bunch....I know a win is a win.....but let's put this in perspective.....we beat the Knicks....one of the worst Road Teams and defensively-challenged teams in the entire league at home.