PDA

View Full Version : Point Guard Anyone???

owl
04-09-2006, 10:34 PM
http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=171

Sounds like something the Pacers could use. Sounds a lot like Steve
Nash to me in some respects. Worth a look anyways

Terrell Everett would be good also in the second round.

owl

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
This team doesnt need any rookie PG, this team needs a coach who will let a real PG play.

Kstat
04-09-2006, 10:37 PM
reminds me too much of juan carlos navarro.

sweabs
04-09-2006, 10:39 PM
I'd like to give Tinsley the chance under a different coach...

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 10:41 PM

Why??

Why does everyone suddenly want to give him a chance under someone else? It's not like he would become any less fragile.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I'd like to give Tinsley the chance under a different coach...Yep pretty much. Give us a coach that will let our team run a normal offense and something that looks like a legit NBA offense, instead of this crap we run.

If this played on a team like the Suns he would average 10 apg.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Sign him up! Everett looked tough from what I saw of him this year also. Our PG situation is so screwed up. I wish we could wave a magic wand and make all of them disappear.

ChicagoJ
04-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Where you guys been hiding? I've been getting crucified in the Tinsley threads for this, with almost no backup.

sweabs
04-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Why??

Why does everyone suddenly want to give him a chance under someone else? It's not like he would become any less fragile.

Because I've seen what he can do. He's a talented player...and as Jay has said countless times before: finding a good PG is not an easy task. The point guard position is one of the most, if not the most important spots on the floor.

Now that I've seen what things have come to, I believe that a lot of his little injuries and stuff have been the result of the friction between him and Rick. The big injuries are there...but those happen. There's no way to avoid that. But I think a motivated Tinsley under a new coach could do wonders for his game...I've seen what he can do and he's a very good talent. He just needs a bode of confidence from his coach.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 10:45 PM

No way on earth

sweabs
04-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Where you guys been hiding? I've been getting crucified in the Tinsley threads for this, with almost no backup.

Because quite honestly, you've been saying all the right things. I really haven't had a chance to expound upon any of your ideas - I'd just constantly be quoting you and saying "Agree" :laugh:

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Because I've seen what he can do. He's a talented player...and as Jay has said countless times before: finding a good PG is not an easy task. The point guard position is one of the most, if not the most important spots on the floor.

Now that I've seen what things have come to, I believe that a lot of his little injuries and stuff have been the result of the friction between him and Rick. The big injuries are there...but those happen. There's no way to avoid that. But I think a motivated Tinsley under a new coach could do wonders for his game...I've seen what he can do and he's a very good talent. He just needs a bode of confidence from his coach.

Yeah, he's talented... but he hardly plays and is inconsistent from game-to-game when he does play.

I agree, PG is the most important position... which is why I want Tins to stay far away from it.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 10:50 PM
No way on earth
Yes way on earth.

Look at what he was doing in this offense the past few years. The only time the guy would get assists is when he would throw it into JO and JO would score. Let him run and gun a little and find guys with alley oops, and guys cutting all the time. He had 8 assists per game as a freaking rookie.

pizza guy
JT has some talent, but come on! A new coach is not going to solve The Abuser's problems. He's always going to be hurt, we know that. He's never going to have a reliable shot, we know that. And he's always going to have that streetball, one-up-manship that we all despise. A new coach won't change that, only he will - and it'll be on another team. He and SJax are top priority this offseason.

sweabs
Yeah, he's talented... but he hardly plays and is inconsistent from game-to-game when he does play.

And as I have said before, it's a matter of opinion on this one. You either think those factors (playing time and inconsistency) have to do more with Rick than you're lead to believe, or you don't. I'm inclined to believe the former.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Care to elaborate?

pizza guy
04-09-2006, 10:52 PM

I agree, PG is the most important position... which is why I want Tins to stay far away from it.

:stupid:

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes way on earth.

Look at what he was doing in this offense the past few years. The only time the guy would get assists is when he would throw it into JO and JO would score. Let him run and gun a little and find guys with alley oops, and guys cutting all the time. He had 8 assists per game as a freaking rookie.

Well, he can't even play more than 28 to 30 mins a game. If he could put up 10 assists in that amount of time, he would be one of the more dominant players of recent time.... and he sure ain't.

ChicagoJ
04-09-2006, 10:55 PM
JT has some talent, but come on! A new coach is not going to solve The Abuser's problems. He's always going to be hurt, we know that. He's never going to have a reliable shot, we know that. And he's always going to have that streetball, one-up-manship that we all despise. A new coach won't change that, only he will - and it'll be on another team. He and SJax are top priority this offseason.

I strongly disagree.

In fact, I'd argue the Rick has enabled some of these behaviors. He's overcompensating for his "jerk" reputation now by letting the inmates run the asylum.

Tinsley may need to be coached. Rick's idea of coaching is developing a game plan and perfecting the egg-time rotations.

He's offered nearly nothing to these guys for player development. We've talked about this from time-to-time, most of the individual player development over the past three seasons came from individual sessions with Chuck Person prior to Chuck being added to the coaching staff, not Rick & his staff.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Put him in a Suns type offense and watch him work. Look at Billups, Rick left and look at what Chauncey is doing right now. If Tins get traded or Rick gets fired you will see.

Rick would make Steve Nash look bad with this half court bull****.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 10:56 PM
look at what Chauncey is doing right now

That is because of Larry Brown

Kstat
04-09-2006, 10:59 PM
That is because of Larry Brown

Can't argue that.

Rick just told Chauncey to go out and score as many points as possible.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Rick goes out and tells Tinsley bring the ball up the court, throw the ball to JO, stand there and watch the show. He gives him no freedom at all.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
To have any chance of all this Suns offense blah, blah, blah, you need to bring in a significant talent upgrade. It wouldn't be JT just in a Phoenix-style offense, you'd need Phoenix-style talent. That's the key. Could this team play that style? I say no. Too slow and not enough consistent outside shooters.

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Someone brought up Larry Brown before I did...

I was gonna say, if Tinsley is to stay here, I wouldn't mind Larry Brown coming back here to coach again (still want Muss though). If Tinsley can't 'come to' under Brown, he'll end up where Travis Best is...

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 11:11 PM
To have any chance of all this Suns offense blah, blah, blah, you need to bring in a significant talent upgrade. It wouldn't be JT just in a Phoenix-style offense, you'd need Phoenix-style talent. That's the key. Could this team play that style? I say no. Too slow and not enough consistent outside shooters.

I don't think they're as slow as their playing style dictates. Under the right coach, I think we can run a serious Suns style offense (yes with this team) and I know we'd be better than the Suns defensively. Where we will get killed though is in the jumpshot category... So I guess you're right when you say we need Phoenix-style talent... aka roleplayers that know their role.

ssmall
04-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Give Eddie Gill a chance!

owl
04-10-2006, 06:40 AM

Because he has 3 names??

Bird was at Portsmith by the way.

owl

owl
04-10-2006, 06:42 AM

With another team that will happen and I would be content with that.

owl

owl
04-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Yep pretty much. Give us a coach that will let our team run a normal offense and something that looks like a legit NBA offense, instead of this crap we run.

The Pacers do not have the athelete or the shooters to be like the Suns
and even if he was on the Suns he would only play 1/3 of the games.

owl

Rytas_Jega
04-10-2006, 06:49 AM
In my opinion, Raptors' #41 pick Roko Leni Ukic is much better player than Barea.

owl
04-10-2006, 06:53 AM
rcarey said....."Now that I've seen what things have come to, I believe that a lot of his little injuries and stuff have been the result of the friction between him and Rick. The big injuries are there...but those happen."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

And you want that kind of immature attitude on the team? Have we not had
enough of the bad attitudes on the Pacers? Carping at refs, faking injuries
because you are mad at the coach????? I won't argue strongly against a new
coach but it is more of a player problem than coach problem.

owl

owl
04-10-2006, 06:58 AM
In my opinion, Raptors' #41 pick Roko Leni Ukic is much better player than Barea.

Did he even play this past year?? Unfortunately he is extremely frail.
Pacers need a strong ball handler with a strong mind and the ability to
penetrate. Hitting and occasional outside shot would be gravy.

Barea and Everett could possibly fill that bill.

owl

D-BONE
04-10-2006, 07:02 AM
Because he has 3 names??

owl

I was assuming something similar. He's Puerto Rican. I wondered if KStat actually had any familiarity to base the statement on. There are some other attributes in the write-up that sound like Arroyo. On the other hand, he sounds a lot more athletic.

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2006, 10:44 AM
http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=171

Sounds like something the Pacers could use. Sounds a lot like Steve
Nash to me in some respects. Worth a look anyways

Terrell Everett would be good also in the second round.

owl

No, no and NO!!!!

You don't need a rookie - you need a veteran. Preferably, a headcase with a max contract who has never been capable of winning at the NBA level.

I mean geez ... :rolleyes:

3ballinhoop
04-10-2006, 10:49 AM
You want to give us Marbury, right?
A hug to you my poor friend; I feel like giving love after taking a look at different NBA payrolls yesterday and seeing the Knicks with about five players getting between 10 and 20 million dollars for a few years to come, and a few more with salaries just under 10, most of them average players without success.

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2006, 10:53 AM
You want to give us Marbury, right?

I'd settle for Francis if pressed.

To be honest, we could talk a package deal with both of 'em.

themind
04-10-2006, 11:16 AM

:laugh:

Your team is so bad, that even with all present failures Knicks are worse than Pacers :D

Shade
04-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Why??

Some of us are convinced that half of his "injuries" are either discilplinary or an excuse not to play.

Shade
04-10-2006, 11:19 AM
Give Eddie Gill a chance!

:amen:

Gill has scoring ability. I'd like to see if he can run the team at least as well as AJ. And his defense is certainly no worse than any of our current PGs'.

Shade
04-10-2006, 11:20 AM

Your team is so bad, that even with all present failures Knicks are worse than Pacers :D

Only over the course of the entire season, not currently. We're 0-2 against them the last two games.

Shade
04-10-2006, 11:21 AM

I'd actually be tempted to send you Jack and filler for Francis right now.

owl
04-10-2006, 11:31 AM
No, no and NO!!!!

You don't need a rookie - you need a veteran. Preferably, a headcase with a max contract who has never been capable of winning at the NBA level.

I mean geez ... :rolleyes:

:- )

We already have one of those, except for the max contract that is.

owl

Los Angeles
04-10-2006, 12:01 PM

SoupIsKing!

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2006, 12:11 PM
SoupIsKing!

You could've just removed a single "o".

DisplacedKnick
04-10-2006, 12:11 PM

Not over the past week.

Slick Pinkham
04-10-2006, 12:55 PM
:amen:
Gill has scoring ability. I'd like to see if he can run the team at least as well as AJ. And his defense is certainly no worse than any of our current PGs'.

It's amazing that I'm beginning to agree that playing a guy who merely SUCKS would be an UPGRADE.

:cry:

owl
04-11-2006, 08:43 AM
Center anyone in the second round?
Interesting comment on Magloire's wingspan at 7'7" and Sene's
is 7'8".

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1263

owl