PDA

View Full Version : The Official Off the Sunshine Bandwagon Thread

Moses
04-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Well fellow Sunshiners, The time has come for me to leave this great bandwagon that everyone knows as the Sunshine Bandwagon.

For the past 2-3 months, I've said to myself after reading alot of the pessimist views on here that they would be surprised come playoff time. Well, I was wrong in that assessment. This team isn't playing with any passion or fire..It's almost like we don't want to make the playoffs. JO and a few other players on the team are out there playing hard but eventually they turn soft by the 2nd or 3rd quarter when they see that nobody else is putting forth an effort. I thought for a while now that we actually had a chance in hell of making it out of the East and representing them in the Finals game. I thought, maybe..just maybe..with JO and Tinsley back we could turn things around and get back to a championship caliber team.

Well, We can't. It's not all because Artest left that we are such a mess. It's not all because of chemistry and coaching that we are a mess. It's the lack of determination that this team is showing. Our guys are out there showing no pride and not playing their hardest..They are out there just drifting back and forth on the court occasionally putting forth the effort on the defensive and offensive end. So if the players are going to lose their optimism and confidence about playing then I'm going to lose my confidence in them as well. We are as good as any team out there talent wise..I just don't understand how we ended up with a bunch of lazy and non working guys. I guess my Pacer blinders have blinded me from this for so long but I guess I never really realized that nobody has been trying in the past 2 weeks...Maybe with the exception of Runi.

Runi may not play any defense and may have a bad offensive game..But he's the only guy out there along with Foster, Peja, JO, and Jack occasionally who really give a damn. Who have sheer determination to win the game and compete on a high level. I like seeing what I see from Runi. It's attitudes like that that will win you championships. I really think some of our guys quit in the middle of march and shut it down for the year. Needless to say, I've lost all confidence in this team for this year. I'm not sure if it's a change in coaching that we need..But I know one thing for sure. We need a new starting point guard or Runi needs to learn to play some defense this off-season. I was a huge Tinsley supporter but my patience in him is gone. I'm left out guys like Granger because he's a rookie and he isn't even getting any playing time. But he's also out there hustling his *** off.

Anyways..I'm off of the :sunshine: bandwagon. I'm not even sure anyone else was on it with me..but if you want to vent or leave the :sunshine: bandwagon with me, then post here.

Oh yeah, Start Eddie Gill. I guess I can start a new bandwagon along with Shade I beleive it was...

ALL ABOARD THE 'START EDDIE GILL BANDWAGON'!!

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Still Standing Strong.

Moses
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Still Standing Strong.
Good for you friend. I'll see you back here at the end of the season when we lose all 5-6 of our remaining games to below .500 teams..because we ourselves are a sub .500 team..What are we now, 4 games below .500? That makes us about as good as the Utah Jazz.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Everyone of you will be back on this damn team's bandwagon after they win 3 games in a row. This is just how this board is.

Shade
04-09-2006, 07:54 PM
START EDDIE GILL!!!!! :sunshine:

Moses
04-09-2006, 07:56 PM
START EDDIE GILL!!!!! :sunshine:
Putting that in my signature as we speak. :D

Big Smooth
04-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Still Standing Strong.

Good for you! Hope it works out b/c if it does, it's good for everyone.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it for a second but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Bball
04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Everyone of you will be back on this damn team's bandwagon after they win 3 games in a row. This is just how this board is.

In my best Jim Mora voice:

"3 Games in a row?... 3 GAME in a ROW? THREE GAMES IN A ROW!!????? We're just trying to win -A- game..."

-Bball

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 08:05 PM
WE WILL WIN OUR NEXT 3 GAMES, I BET ANYTHING ON IT

Shade
04-09-2006, 08:07 PM
Putting that in my signature as we speak. :D
We ride together! :happydanc http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/eddie_gill.jpg

Moses
04-09-2006, 08:32 PM
We ride together! :happydanc http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/eddie_gill.jpg
And we die together.

*Eddie Gill Bricks a 3 pointer*

rexnom
04-09-2006, 08:34 PM

While I was totally off on us playing Detroit tough today, I am going to stick with Jermaniac on the sunshine brigade. I'm still gonna go to the games and I'm still gonna root for my Pacers in the playoffs because we will get there and that's what a fan does...hoping we get Miami because in my head we can beat them...and yes, life is good in glass-half-full-ville.

MagicRat
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
:sunshine:

Moses
04-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Could you make me and Shade a picture of Eddie Gill in a car saying something like "THE EDDIE GILL BANDWAGON." I'd do it myself, but I'm terrible at anything involving pictures. My skills are limited to MSPaint.

Shade
04-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Could you make me and Shade a picture of Eddie Gill in a car saying something like "THE EDDIE GILL BANDWAGON." I'd do it myself, but I'm terrible at anything involving pictures. My skills are limited to MSPaint.

He'd probably have it driving off a cliff. :-p

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
My sunshine has been day-to-day for the past month. At this point, I'd like for them to give us something to look forward to. Because right now, every time I'm about tos ee a game, or listen to it on the radio it's like reading a Rick Carlisle set rotation card. I know exactly what's going to happen and when it's going to happen before, during, and after the game. It's so bad, that I actually predict thread titles and who's going to post them before the end of games.

Los Angeles
04-10-2006, 11:17 AM
I'll take this wager. 20 dollars delivered via paypal?

Raskolnikov
04-10-2006, 01:48 PM

Jermaniac
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll take this wager. 20 dollars delivered via paypal?I wish I had seen this earlier cause I would take your money in 2 days.

Los Angeles
04-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Too late.

:-p

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 10:21 PM
WE WILL WIN OUR NEXT 3 GAMES, I BET ANYTHING ON ITAs always, I'm right.

Los Angeles
04-14-2006, 11:20 PM
As always, I'm right.
And if we had lost even one of those games, would you have bumped it?

I'm thinking no.

Should have taken the bet.

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 11:22 PM
The hell I'm gonna do with 20 dollars anyway. Make a 20 minute phone call. Thats nothing.

Kegboy
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Can I have it?

:sad:

Los Angeles
04-14-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm thinking no.

:D

Kegboy
04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
:kickcan:

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Next time I make a bet, me and you can split it Kegboy. You get a 10 minute phone call and I will take the other 10 minutes.

Kegboy
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Next time I make a bet, me and you can split it Kegboy. You get a 10 minute phone call and I will take the other 10 minutes.

**** that, I'm going to Wendy's and getting 50 Crispy Chicken Nuggets.

[edit] And no, Harmonica, just because it's a Value Proposition it doesn't mean I'm gonna eat them all at one sitting.

Jermaniac
04-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Aight, get me some fries.

SamBear
04-15-2006, 06:03 PM
:sunshine: Come on guys... let's make it a Pacers vs Spurs Finals... :trophy: :sunshine:

:2tup:

Shade
04-15-2006, 06:06 PM
**** that, I'm going to Wendy's and getting 50 Crispy Chicken Nuggets.

[edit] And no, Harmonica, just because it's a Value Proposition it doesn't mean I'm gonna eat them all at one sitting.

You could always share them with Tins as you drive him to the airport. ;)

Los Angeles
04-15-2006, 06:15 PM
You could always share them with Tins as you drive him to the airport. ;)
I thought they were going to the bus station.

Moses
04-15-2006, 06:17 PM
Tinsley would hurt his jaw eating.

Not going to happen.