PDA

View Full Version : Will the Pacers make the Playoffs?

Lord Helmet
04-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Here is the rest of our schedule:

Monday 10th :knicks:

Wednesday 12th :celtics:

Friday 14th :timberwol

Saturday 15th @ :bobcats:

Monday 17th @ :raptors:

Wednesday 19th :magic:

If we (God forbid) win out the rest of our games, we'll be 42-40 and I'd take that, and I'm pretty sure that'd get us a Playoff spot possibly higher than what we have now. But, we play the rest of our schedule against garbage teams and we all know how good we do against those teams.

So this is why I'm asking this question.

Keep in mind I want to know do you think we will make the Playoffs, not if you want us to or not. (Public Poll)

EDIT - Damnit, I didn't make it public.

EDIT2 - Since I didn't make it public, please post what you voted for.

Shade
04-09-2006, 05:41 PM
Yes, we'll make it. #8 seed.

I'm not really sure if I want us to or not.

Kstat
04-09-2006, 05:43 PM
You're not even in the 8th seed yet, to say nothing of 9th....

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
I voted no because I don't want us to. I just want this season to end so we can get on with the moves.

SwissExpress
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Yes.

(but the poll is not public)

317Kim
04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
I say yes but I have a feeling we'll barely make it. It's an "If-y" thing where we're not too far behind Washington for #5, and only 1 game behind the Bucks for the sixth spot, but then again, if we keep adding on to this losing streak we could just be out of it and.

Either 6th or 8th seed.

OnlyPacersLeft
04-09-2006, 05:49 PM
yeah...cmon this is such bs.

Lord Helmet
04-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Yes.

(but the poll is not public)
Yeah, I know. My screw up.

Lord Helmet
04-09-2006, 05:57 PM
I'll just add, I think we'll make the Playoffs.

SwissExpress
04-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Can it really be true that so many (relatively) people don't believe in getting to play-offs?... It's even more astonishing than the Pacers' wins/losses chart.

Hicks
04-09-2006, 06:23 PM
We'll make it by default. I wish we weren't going to make it.

btowncolt
04-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Ack! Private poll!

Pacersfan.
04-09-2006, 06:30 PM
None of the teams below the fifth seed deserve to make it, unfortunately three of them have to.

Doug in CO
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
I think the worst thing we could do is get into the playoffs, win a few games, look competitive - and then we stand pat because we put up a solid fight againsst the eventual East champ.

I think we will make it - but I hope we do not.

Lord Helmet
04-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Ack! Private poll!
Yeah.

I've failed you.

:disappoin

Mourning
04-09-2006, 07:15 PM
We will make it and for our younger and inexperienced players it's very good if we do. We need to get those players to understand, feel and experience the difference between the regular season and the playoffs now, not in the future.

Changes will be made in the summer even if we do well in the playoffs (for instance advancing to the second round), there's no doubt in my mind.

Regards,

Mourning :cool:

Tim
04-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I think the worst thing we could do is get into the playoffs, win a few games, look competitive - and then we stand pat because we put up a solid fight againsst the eventual East champ.

I think we will make it - but I hope we do not.

Yeah that would be bad.

This mix of players just plain doesn't believe in themselves, that is the root of why they playing so badly.

Shade
04-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah.

I've failed you.

:disappoin

Put on a Pacers jersey and stand in the corner.

Lord Helmet
04-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Put on a Pacers jersey and stand in the corner.
:suicide:

This is the lowlight of my time being a fan. I really wish we all could have a blast in the game threads and not have to moan and *****, but with how our team has played, we have no choice.

This really sucks. I just wish some positive things could happen to us in the playoffs or something, come on Karma, even though I hardly believe in you anymore.

clownskull
04-09-2006, 07:29 PM
yeh this team will probably make the playoffs be default. they have no business whatsoever in these playoffs. they are not even a top 20 team in the league and i fear they will make the playoffs.
i am in the crowd that wishes they would just say they forfeit the rest of the games. at least with an official statement like that i could admire this team a bit more.
i am afraid philly and chicago both will not pass us. one probably will but not both unfortunately.

clownskull
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
:suicide:

This is the lowlight of my time being a fan. I really wish we all could have a blast in the game threads and not have to moan and *****, but with how our team has played, we have no choice.

This really sucks. I just wish some positive things could happen to us in the playoffs or something, come on Karma, even though I hardly believe in you anymore.
don't know about karma but, i know about the pacers luck. they have 2 kinds: bad and none at all.

Mr.ThunderMakeR
04-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I voted no, just because thats what I want to happen. But I have a feeling were still gonna make the playoffs so I guess I should have voted yes. But I just want this season to be over with already.

Though Im pretty sure if we do make the playoffs were just gonna get swept by the Pistons in the first round so I guess its not that much longer to wait. What humiliating way to end a humiliating season.

Moses
04-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Who really knows with this team..We have the talent...we just can't put it together..

Unclebuck
04-09-2006, 07:49 PM
I voted no because I don't want us to. I just want this season to end so we can get on with the moves.

Unless the coach is fired right away, no player moves can take place until the draft anyway

SwissExpress
04-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm getting more and more confident that the Magic is the only team worthy to push Pacers out of that 7th place... 72-59 against the Heat currently (third quarter). I guess it's way to late for them to make a play-off run, but they do deserve it.

Jaydawg2270
04-09-2006, 08:42 PM
We will get the 6th seed

SwissExpress
04-09-2006, 09:04 PM
As regards the last regular season game (against Magic), there's some light on feelings in the Magic fan camp:

If we beat San Antonio, we're making the playoffs. The next two games should be a lock

So if we win those 3...we'll face Chicago and Philadephia at HOME...how sweet can it get?

PLUS, Indiana is a HUGE slump, the last game should be an easy win...we can seriously go on an undefeated streak.

EDIT: there are slightly different opinions there too, though:
I don't think indy will lose out...they are terrible but NOT THAT TERRIBLE...

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=500577&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=96

OnlyPacersLeft
04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
the real question is which team chokes the playoff spot...philly or chicago?

Raskolnikov
04-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Yippedie yup.

Knucklehead Warrior
04-10-2006, 03:35 PM
yeh this team will probably make the playoffs be default. they have no business whatsoever in these playoffs.....i am afraid philly and chicago both will not pass us. one probably will but not both unfortunately.
I'm afraid this is true. We have the tiebreaker against sixers, so essentially they are TWO games behind us with a tougher schedule. They play Wizards and Nets at home and Nets, Heat, and Magic on the road.

It's possible I guess for us to lose all our games and the sixers to win 2, especially since NJ might be mailing that last game in.

Wow. Look how far we have fallen. We have 5 games to go, all against teams not making the playoffs, and it's possible that a team that has gone about 5-15 lately can win 2 more games that we can. I would prefer we not make it.

grace
04-10-2006, 04:03 PM
I think a better question is "Will the Pacers participate in the playoffs?" What's the difference? Well, look at the game Sunday. Did the Pacers really participate?

Chauncey
04-10-2006, 05:12 PM
With that schedule...they're in by default