PDA

View Full Version : That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen

BillS
04-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm sure everyone will blame this loss on Rick. After all, if he had just played (*fill in the blank*) we'd have won.

Except these guys couldn't put a marble into Mt. St. Helens. Not playing post up, not playing free flow, not isolating, not shooting outside or inside, not shooting layups and not shooting free throws.

These guys have stopped playing. They aren't moving toward the basket for anything, and if I see Mr. Stephen "I don't play defense in the paint" Jackson stand and watch an offensive rebound get snatchedc by a zooming in player one more time I'm going to scream (well, I already screamed.)

Just let 'em forfeit the rest of the season and drop out of the playoffs. That way they can all party the way they want instead of having to work for their millions.

abington
04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
i dont know. i had to disect a frog and a fetal pig in high school. that was pretty disgusting.

Moses
04-09-2006, 03:33 PM
dis·gust Audio pronunciation of "Disgusting" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ds-gst)
tr.v. dis·gust·ed, dis·gust·ing, dis·gusts

1. To excite nausea or loathing in; sicken.
2. To offend the taste or moral sense of; repel.

rexnom
04-09-2006, 03:35 PM
i dont know. i had to disect a frog and a fetal pig in high school. that was pretty disgusting.
Eh, that fetal pig smell was like chocolate chip cookies compared to today's stink bomb.

Unclebuck
04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Not sure how this could be more disgusting than the Suns game, that was at home

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
What's disgusting is the fact that these guys call themselves professionals. They have no right with that effort today. We couldn't be a CBA team the way we've played lately and most of them look like they don't care. NO PRIDE. NO HEART.

owl
04-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Just got back from a meeting, I take it the Pacers lost :-0
Sorry but I could not help myself.
What is more sad is they could lose out and still make the playoffs.
Pacers vs Detroit....ohhh my.

owl

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM
We lost to the best team in the NBA on their home court. Nothing much to be pissed at. Losing to the Knicks was far more worse then this, and the Hawks and the Raptors.

If we lose tomorrow it will be the worst loss the Pacers have had this year.

Knucklehead Warrior
04-09-2006, 04:58 PM
What is more sad is they could lose out and still make the playoffs.

Exactly. The sixers aren't exactly lighting it up and they have a tougher schedule than us down the stretch. I don't see them passing us.
What a shame. Even a couple weeks ago I had much higher hopes for them, but now.......:blush:

sweabs
04-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Even if we do get into the playoffs, we'll be stumbling and falling our way into the promised land. Not exactly the right way...

aceace
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
IMHO, we have just lost our confidence, period. Tinsley doesn't want to play here anymore, AJ has earned the starting job for the rest of the season. Jax wants to argue every call. JO is not the problem, he's a player not a leader. You cannot make someone a leader just because he is your best player. Indiana University when Bobby was there had leaders that were not their best player. Dakich, Buckner and a few others were leaders and were probably the 4-5th best player on the team. Reggie was a leader and that is our most glaring deficiency on this team.

sweabs
04-09-2006, 06:09 PM
You cannot make someone a leader just because he is your best player.

Man, quoted for truth. You are bang-on, 100% correct.

Big Smooth
04-09-2006, 06:19 PM
We lost to the best team in the NBA on their home court. Nothing much to be pissed at. Losing to the Knicks was far more worse then this, and the Hawks and the Raptors.

If we lose tomorrow it will be the worst loss the Pacers have had this year.

It's not who they lost to, it's how they lost. Another listless effort and an unfortunate continuation of a bad trend in terms of effort & execution on both ends of the floor.

Having said that, I'm not even mad about it at this point. I've moved on to the stage of acceptance. ;)

I accept that as a TEAM, the P's have quit. For whatever reasons, I don't even care whose at fault at this point. It's broke, Donnie & Larry need to fix it during the summer.