PDA

View Full Version : The Official Pacers vs. Pistons Post-Game Thread (Pacers lose, 98-73)

Shade
04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
We're 36-40.

:lol: :crazy2:

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
DAAAAMMMNN Jermaine looks PIISSSSEEEDD!!! Damn never seen that look before.

abington
04-09-2006, 03:29 PM
pathetic. sad. lifeless. dismal. monument city and slow on the court. gotta love this team.

SoupIsGood
DAAAAMMMNN Jermaine looks PIISSSSEEEDD!!! Damn never seen that look before.

"What?! There's something called 'boxing out?!' And you never told me?!?!"

*running, sliding punches the world*

Aw Heck
They're soon to be 36-41, because tomorrow they face the dreaded...

New York Knicks!! :eek:

Jermaniac
We lost because of Jermaine

04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
:crazy2: whats wrong with the way im pffflaayinn!?? i can dunk! can you??

Fireball Kid
04-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Thank god for the Mavs.

Unclebuck
04-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I think the team has quit on J.O also

Jermaniac
Yeah yeah, keep on digging for excuses because your beloved Rick Carlisle has lost the team. Now its Jermaine's fault LMAO.

Evan_The_Dude
I think the team has quit on J.O also

Yep. I think that explains the look in his face. I'm starting to question if JO has quit on JO.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:36 PM
We just suck

:)

Shade
This pretty much says it all.

Unclebuck
Yeah yeah, keep on digging for excuses because your beloved Rick Carlisle has lost the team. Now its Jermaine's fault LMAO.

Just relax, I was to be a little lighthearted.

Seriously though I don't think the team has responded to J.O's leadership. Not sure how you can argue with that. The team has played better without him, that's not J.O's fault, but it is a fact

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 03:37 PM
We need a complete rebuild, folks. No desire, no passion, no confidence, no teamwork at any level from coaches right on down. A complete and utter embarrasment.

Now, in addition to all that, one thing I thought was blatantly obvious today was how much quicker and athletic the Pistons are up and down their roster.

Owl has been harping on this for some time and it's dead on. We need an ifusion of speed and quickness. Not just in the backcourt though, everywhere. Our frontline generally has slow feet and takes an hour to get up in the air. We need some guys who can move laterally and are quicker of their feet.

Obviously we know our backcourt is slow as molasses. I mean they were just consistently beating us up and down the court all day long. No wonder we couldn't really play the flowing, up tempo offense. How in the hell are you going to run if your guards get beat downcourt by the oppostition's bigs?

I submit that we don't have one guy on our tema who would qualify as fast or quick.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I submit that we don't have one guy on our tema who would qualify as fast or quick.

Foster

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 03:39 PM

Quick = Granger. That's where it stops.

Unclebuck
04-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Fred Jones is both fast and quick. J.O is pretty fast and quick for a power forward/center

Kstat
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm beginning to question Indiana's "depth" advantage....if not in ability, then at least in head-to-head matchups.

Since Hunter and Delk joined the team mid-season, it's been all Pistons as far as bench play goes.

Kegboy
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
This pretty much says it all.

Is that the same approval rating that had Mike Brown at 0% for February? :rollout:

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm beginning to question Indiana's "depth" advantage....if not in ability, then at least in head-to-head matchups.

Since Hunter and Delk joined the team mid-season, it's been all Pistons as far as bench play goes.

What is with with Hunter, he sucks against everyone but us.

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Any of you guys hear Stephen after his dunk? He dunked and the lead went from 22 down to 20, and Stephen yells OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH. That was just sad. LMAO

Kstat

His eyes light up when he sees saras on him, because (A) he knows he can press him all night and (B) because he's one of only 3 guys in the NBA that he knows he can get any shot he wants againt.

I was saying a few months ago when hunter hadn't played a game this season that Saras was an almost-perfect candidate to use Lindey against.

As for lindey's shooting, when you give him one good look and he makes it, it usually leads to 2 or 3 more shots. He's a total streak shooter.

Jermaniac
No one sucks on defense quite like Sarunas does.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:48 PM
His eyes light up when he sees saras on him, because (A) he knows he can press him all night and (B) because he's one of only 3 guys in the NBA that he knows he can get any shot he wants againt.

I was saying a few months ago when hunter hadn't played a game this season that Saras was an almost-perfect candidate to use Lindey against.

I also don't ge why we went through all the trouble of getting Saras when someone better than him in Delk was just sitting out there getting fat.

Kstat
04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
I also don't ge why we went through all the trouble of getting Saras when someone better than him in Delk was just sitting out there getting fat.

Delk was on the Hawks until they cut him mid-februrary, because they had no use for him.

Unclebuck
04-09-2006, 03:50 PM

Bird made a huge mistake. I blame him for Saras, not Carlisle. The mistake was signing him in the first place, the mistake was not in how Rick used him or the way Rick didn't use him

Shade

Well, to be somewhat fair, or bench has not been full in either match-up either.

SoupIsGood
Delk was on the Hawks until they cut him mid-februrary, because they had no use for him.

Ahh, thanks. I was thinking maybe he was on some other team, but couldn't think of it.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Sorry, but these guys you propose as fast and quick are marginal. At best average by NBA standards. I can accept Foster and Granger, but only at the adequate level.

I honestly do not think JO particularly is that quick other than getting up for shot blocks. His lateral foot movement is painfully slow as evidenced by his shoddy boxing out. He doesn't get up for boards that fast either.

Shade
04-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Any of you guys hear Stephen after his dunk? He dunked and the lead went from 22 down to 20, and Stephen yells OHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHH. That was just sad. LMAO

Yet another reason to get this guy on the shortbus outta town.

Kstat
04-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Jax sounded like the kool-aid man.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Sorry, but these guys you propose as fast and quick are marginal. At best average by NBA standards. I can accept Foster and Granger, but only at the adequate level.

I honestly do not think JO particularly is that quick other than getting up for shot blocks. His lateral foot movement is painfully slow as evidenced by his shoddy boxing out. He doesn't get up for boards that fast either.

Foster is very quick for a big man. Granger is decently quick.

You HAVE to count Fred. There's no way you can't, his is defintely fast and quick.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 03:56 PM

I think you can definitely question the ability part. This team's ability has obviously been as misjudged as its maturity. Then add in lacking in leadership and you've got a recipe for failure. The way things are going now, I'd gladly take Billups, Hunter, or even Delk over any of our PGs. I'd be happy never to see any of them in a Pacer uni again.

Shade
04-09-2006, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. Jax sounded like the kool-aid man.

:laugh:

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 04:08 PM
In all fairness to Jack, I think he was trying to get his dunk to pump up the team. It didn't work.

jcouts
04-09-2006, 04:10 PM
I wonder if JO still wants Detroit in the first round.

rexnom
04-09-2006, 04:24 PM
I wonder if JO still wants Detroit in the first round.

ZING!

OnlyPacersLeft
04-09-2006, 04:27 PM
JO 4 MVP!

Seed
04-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Lets get back to basketball guys.

Most significant stats of the game IMO:
1. Pacers committed same number of PFs as the Pistons (20-21), but went to the FT line 20 times more than the Pistons (28-8)!!!!! This means Pistons are fouling to prevent easy shots, while the Pacers are not aggressive where they should have been.
2. 52-35. Pistons win on Rebound. T.Delk grabbed 6 boards in 23 min. O'Neal, S-Jax and Granger combined to 6 rebounds in ~80 min.

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Lets get back to basketball guys.

Most significant stats of the game IMO:
1. Pacers committed same number of PFs as the Pistons (20-21), but went to the FT line 20 times more than the Pistons (28-8)!!!!! This means Pistons are fouling to prevent easy shots, while the Pacers are not aggressive where they should have been.
2. 52-35. Pistons win on Rebound. Nothing to add here.

As Hubie pointed out in the telecast, these types of factors, defense, rebounding, transition offense/defense are all hustle/desire areas. No hustle, no desire, no passion, no chance. The team has obviously quit although its record all season-long against sub-.500 teams leads one to believe it's questionable whether it ever got started in the first place.

Seed
04-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree.

Also, I've edited:
2. 52-35. Pistons win on Rebound. T.Delk grabbed 6 boards in 23 min. O'Neal, S-Jax and Granger combined to 6 rebounds in ~80 min.

The immediate action must be to sit players who do not hustle. Let the players know that finishing a game without rebounds or PF results in immediate minutes on the bench.<!-- / message -->

owl
04-09-2006, 04:55 PM
D-bone said...."Owl has been harping on this for some time and it's dead on. We need an ifusion of speed and quickness. Not just in the backcourt though, everywhere. Our frontline generally has slow feet and takes an hour to get up in the air. We need some guys who can move laterally and are quicker of their feet."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++

Speed and a heart transplant would do wonders for this team. Right now
if I were an Pacers opponents GM I would base no judgements on how my
team did vs the Pacers. Everyone looks like an all-star against the Pacers.
This team should be a high lottery pick team. They are that bad.
Frankly I would re-sign no players if some of the bad seed cannot be
removed. That means Peja mainly.

owl