PDA

View Full Version : It's time to start trading for draft picks

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I want to keep Harrison, Granger, and Foster.

Everyone else.... get them on someone else's roster next year.

This 'thing' has failed... it's over. Time to rebuild.

12 new players.

:)

Bball
04-09-2006, 03:06 PM
If you go that route you HAVE to get a new coach.

Carlisle has either no eye, or patience, for developing young players.

-Bball

Tony Valente
04-09-2006, 03:07 PM
First I was thinking: "Yes, those 3, but there must be some others." Then, at a 2nd thought, I couldn't find anyone else I would like to keep. Maybe Freddie, cause everytime I could watch him, he showed some heart.

But I definitely know around who I want to build. I would trade any of the 10 left, coach, doctor, Conrad Brunner and my mp3 player for JRich.

Speaking of Carlisle, he might have some notebooks full of tactical moves or such, but I see no feeling in his eyes. I don't imagine him going to the locker room and preaching like Denzel Washington in Remember the Titans. If we win or lose, the same old saying of his: "credit the others". No Carlisle, don't credit the opponents, but discredit your players, your staff and especially you!

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:08 PM
If you go that route you HAVE to get a new coach.

Carlisle has either no eye, or patience, for developing young players.

-Bball

I used to think so, but Harrison and Granger have come along pretty nicely under him.

He hits his snags with young players, I guess, though. I dunno. I still say keep Rick.

SoupIsGood
04-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I'll add this - IF Larry and Donnie actually DO go with this route, then I'm sort of OK with finding a new coach...

However, they won't. They'll semi-rebuild, and in that case I want to keep Rick.

Shade
04-09-2006, 03:14 PM
I used to think so, but Harrison and Granger have come along pretty nicely under him.

He hits his snags with young players, I guess, though. I dunno. I still say keep Rick.

Only because Rick's been forced to play them. They could really flourish under a new coach.

Moses
04-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I don't think we will be trading any of our key players away this summer. I think we are going to have a new coach. Some problems I see is that our rotations are bad, we lose close games, and that we can't get a feel in any type of offense. All of those fall on the coach in my opinion. Carlisle is a great coach but if we want to move on from a low post type of game then we need a new coach. I think this team has the players to suceed, but we just don't have the coach. I don't know if we can get anyone better then Carlisle to come in, but it's either the players or Carlisle that have got to go.

owl
04-09-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't think we will be trading any of our key players away this summer. I think we are going to have a new coach. Some problems I see is that our rotations are bad, we lose close games, and that we can't get a feel in any type of offense. All of those fall on the coach in my opinion. Carlisle is a great coach but if we want to move on from a low post type of game then we need a new coach. I think this team has the players to suceed, but we just don't have the coach. I don't know if we can get anyone better then Carlisle to come in, but it's either the players or Carlisle that have got to go.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

If no trades are made this off-season it means no one wanted any of the
Pacers players.

owl

D-BONE
04-09-2006, 05:02 PM
I want to keep Harrison, Granger, and Foster.

Everyone else.... get them on someone else's roster next year.

This 'thing' has failed... it's over. Time to rebuild.

12 new players.

:)

I could definitely go for this. Except I think Rick would have to be out of the picture, too.

Eindar
04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Blow it up! The only guys I really want to keep are Granger and Foster.