PDA

View Full Version : A glimmer of hope... Austin's back

Anthem
04-08-2006, 01:49 PM
I figured he was done for the season. Hasn't played more than 10 minutes yet, but still.

Can anybody comment on his play? He's not put up any numbers, but how has he looked out there?

Los Angeles
04-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I missed the game, (no LP on vacation) but word is Granger was left on the bench when AC came in.

If that's true, it's not going to make me happy about his return.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 02:06 PM
He isnt in game shape yet, missed a few jumpshots against the Raptors, didnt even notice him against the Knicks.

Anthem
04-08-2006, 02:07 PM
I missed the game, (no LP on vacation) but word is Granger was left on the bench when AC came in.

If that's true, it's not going to make me happy about his return.
Agreed, but I was thinking about his tradability this summer.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Austin to the Hawks for Baby Al. If Al wants to leave them, then they get Austin's expiring contract.

Anthem
04-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Austin to the Hawks for Baby Al. If Al wants to leave them, then they get Austin's expiring contract.
That makes no sense. Al's a free agent, and they're not going to S&T him here for an expiring contract. They're better off letting him walk.

I'm not sure where Al fits on this team anyway, unless you want to send Jermaine packing.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Al fits on this team very well. If Jermaine can play center while Danny Granger and Austin Croshere play PF,then for damn sure Al Harrington can fit very nicely playing the 4.

Peck
04-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Austin has struggled from the field, which is to be expected after such a long layoff.

However he is back to doing the little things that make him valuable on the floor. He has been setting good screens & has been going down low to try & help board.

As far as trading him? As far as I'm concerned everybody is available for the right price & as crappy as it would be to do it to Austin you may have to package him with someone because of his expiring contract to get them to take one of our malcontents.

Hicks
04-08-2006, 03:03 PM
didnt even notice him against the Knicks.

DNP-CD

sweabs
04-08-2006, 03:29 PM
DNP-CD

Pfff...stop reading your stupid ESPN boxscores.

If you actually watched the game, you would know that Austin was not getting the job done on the bench. He wasn't slapping high-fives like he should have been, and wasn't cheering from the bench. If you actually watched the game, you would know that.

:devil:

Anthem
04-08-2006, 03:33 PM
If Jermaine can play center ...
Which he can't. Jermaine needs to slim down, not bulk up.

8.9_seconds
04-08-2006, 03:34 PM
Call me a homer, whatever, but I think that Austin has been a bright spot this year.He hustles, he has heart, he leads, what else can he do? Why is there always this little cloud of hate? It's not in this thread really at all, but sometimes it seems like a general consensus.

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Call me a homer, whatever, but I think that Austin has been a bright spot this year.He hustles, he has heart, he leads, what else can he do? Why is there always this little cloud of hate? It's not in this thread really at all, but sometimes it seems like a general consensus.

Yes, we need to keep Austin. I don't care if he never plays, but you can trust Austin to play basketball, and (generally) not be injured or stupid as hell.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Cro not be injured? Cro is always hurt.

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Ehhh sorta... the concussions are a sort of freak thing

Hicks
04-08-2006, 03:52 PM

Nonsense.

Deadshot
04-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Cro isn't always hurt; it seems like JO is.

grace
04-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Austin has had his fair share of injury time. It just doesn't seem like a lot of injuries because when he gets an injury he's out for an extended period.

My prediction for his next injury (if it's not yet another concussion): he's going to hurt his back. Why? Because when I saw the title of the thread I thought it was referring to his back.

Anthem
04-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Austin has had his fair share of injury time. It just doesn't seem like a lot of injuries because when he gets an injury he's out for an extended period.

My prediction for his next injury (if it's not yet another concussion): he's going to hurt his back. Why? Because when I saw the title of the thread I thought it was referring to his back.
Yeah... I'm doing that today too. I saw the thread on Denver's rookie and thought it was referring to a miraculous 3-point shot or something.

Part of the deal with Austin is that while he doesn't miss a ton of games, he does get injuries that keep him from being effective for a month at a time.