PDA

View Full Version : JT's injury: Reality or Fantasy?

D-BONE
04-08-2006, 11:32 AM
The latest ailment to befall JT is reportedly an achilles problem. The Indy Star reports he did not attend the pre-game shoot around yesterday due to an unspecified illnes.

What do you guys think? Is JT injured/sick yet again or is this just retaliation against Rick do to the alleged feud and/or JT's benching prior to the Toronto game? Depending on how you answer, what ramifications does it have for things going forward? Will we see JT again this season?

grace
04-08-2006, 11:35 AM
I think he's injured.

If the Pacers want to move him in the off season do they stand a better chance saying he's injured or saying he's a malcontent who doesn't play well with others?

Shade
04-08-2006, 11:38 AM
It's hard to tell what the hell's going on. I seriously doubt he's injured. Two different injuries in three days, neither reported in advance = bull*****. But it's hard to say whether he's "faking" or if he's being discliplined for something.

Slick Pinkham
04-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Peck says he was practicing before the Raptors game in warmups with an assistant coach, and working on spin moves.

Then an hour later he is out with an injury tht supposedly happened the game before.

Hmmmmm...

tora tora
04-08-2006, 11:42 AM
The man obviously wants to be traded, and he's gonna be a big pain in the *** until he is traded.

D-BONE
04-08-2006, 11:51 AM
It's hard to tell what the hell's going on. I seriously doubt he's injured. Two different injuries in three days, neither reported in advance = bull*****. But it's hard to say whether he's "faking" or if he's being discliplined for something.

Good point about the discipline. Let me reword this: JT's injury: real or fake?

D-BONE
04-08-2006, 12:00 PM
The man obviously wants to be traded, and he's gonna be a big pain in the *** until he is traded.

This possibility had occured to me, too. If this absence was initiated by JT in any form, it would basically be him waving the white flag on the team/season. Unless in the case of a punishment it won't be long-term exile.

Honestly, I want to believe he's really hurt and he has every intention of being part of whatever season-ending "push" we can make. Although I am no longer convinced he's our definitive answer at PG going forward, I have not ever perceived him to be a selfish player. With his injury history, it could well be true, but the timing is dubious.

jcouts
04-08-2006, 12:07 PM
I think he's injured.

If the Pacers want to move him in the off season do they stand a better chance saying he's injured or saying he's a malcontent who doesn't play well with others?

That's a tough one...is it easier to correct an attitude problem or a frail body?

Ragnar
04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I dont think he is injured this is a smoke screen from the team. I think after three years of being yanked for anything only to watch AJ lose the games has finaly gotten him to the point where he does not care any more. Rick could see it and decided to bench him. Clearly there was something that happened between the two of them. We will probably never be told the whole story.

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 12:11 PM
Every NBA player has something wrong. If any NBA player wanted to sit out a game or two, he could pick whatever part of his body hurts the most and say he can't play because this or that hurts, and you know what if a doctor examined him, they would find that yes there is an injury there of some sort.

so we'll never know.

D-BONE
04-08-2006, 01:03 PM
I dont think he is injured this is a smoke screen from the team. I think after three years of being yanked for anything only to watch AJ lose the games has finaly gotten him to the point where he does not care any more. Rick could see it and decided to bench him. Clearly there was something that happened between the two of them. We will probably never be told the whole story.

If this is, in fact, related to the supposed acrimonious schism between Rick and JT, it could seal the deal on at least one of them being gone next season. In other words, irreconcilable differences forcing management to make a decision between one or the other. Of course, both gone also seems like a real possibility, too, the way things are headed.

BlueNGold
04-08-2006, 01:09 PM
No way this is a real injury. RC said he looked at the stats and decided to start AJ b/c the team played better with Tinman coming off the bench...then Tinman comes up lame. How much more do we need to see to realize Tinman is going, going, going, going, GONE!

Peck
04-08-2006, 02:57 PM
In truth does it even matter?

Either way, faking or real, it's time to move on.

A new coach might help him, then again it might not there is no way to know for sure and if the off-chance that he is injured then in all honesty the guy cannot play more than 8 games in a row before he has to sit.

Either way I just don't see how you could trust the guy.

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM

Just what I was going to say... doesn't matter at this point, his days as a Pacer SHOULD be coming to an end, if TPTB are worth a darn.

Hicks
04-08-2006, 03:57 PM
What Peck said. It doesn't matter anymore, I want the distractions gone from this team, and Tinsley is one of them.

Will Galen
04-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Good point about the discipline. Let me reword this: JT's injury: real or fake?

There doesn't have to be one or the other. The injury could be real enough, he's just not playing on it even though he could, because he's not starting. In other words he's 'taking his ball and going home.'

Doug
04-08-2006, 04:03 PM
For what it's worth, I've got a sore achillies. Been bothering me for a while. I played basketball on it a couple of days, didn't seem to get any worse. Then I *really* did something to it and could barely walk for several days.

So, it's conceiveable it's been sore and he finally aggrevated it enough he needs to rest it.

But that doesn't explain why he wasn't on the bench. And I don't buy the "flu" excuse in NY, either.

Los Angeles
04-08-2006, 04:05 PM
But that doesn't explain why he wasn't on the bench. And I don't buy the "flu" excuse in NY, either.
FLU?!? Was that the official excuse? Oh, brother.

Did anyone see him on the bench in a suit or is that the second game in a row that he couldn't be bothered to attend?

Kestas
04-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Peck says he was practicing before the Raptors game in warmups with an assistant coach, and working on spin moves.

Then an hour later he is out with an injury tht supposedly happened the game before.

Hmmmmm...

press here in LTU reported that Tinsley was benched for the Toronto game and, supposedly, this decision was highly commended by the local (American) observers. don't know where they took it from.. no mention of injury, though..

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 04:12 PM

Did anyone see him on the bench in a suit or is that the second game in a row that he couldn't be bothered to attend?

He was there in a suit on the bench. Al Albert said Tins didn't play last night due to a sore achillies. But what % of current NBA players right now have a "sore achillies"

Kestas
04-08-2006, 04:14 PM

in all fairness, imho flu is very serious and very believable. if he had a flu, he surely couldn't attend (but he should be out for, like, a weak with the real flu). however, those who are making up excuses know this as well ;) however2, aren't they taking flu shots or something like that?

Lord Helmet
04-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Tinsley is not hurt. It is a smokescreen.

Los Angeles
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
He was there in a suit on the bench. Al Albert said Tins didn't play last night due to a sore achillies. But what % of current NBA players right now have a "sore achillies"
My guess is everyone but Jon Bender.

:)

Evan_The_Dude
04-08-2006, 09:01 PM
At least the injuries Bender has/had make sense. I give him his props for getting himself into shape, bulking up, and being prepared to play even though that just hardly happened. I doubt a sinus infection would have ever kept him out. I consider Tinsley more injury prone than Bender.

MagicRat
04-08-2006, 09:40 PM
So did he start faking the injury in the Suns game because he knew he would be benched in about a week? And then sold it some more in the next two games just to make sure?

If it was a fake injury, don't you think it would've been "healed" in time to play in New York City?

Why does everybody think he would take his ball and go home over being moved to the bench when he stated before he came back that he thought AJ should continue to start?

Los Angeles
04-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Stop making sense MagicRat!

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L71.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

BlueNGold
04-08-2006, 10:22 PM

A new coach might help him, then again it might not there is no way to know for sure and if the off-chance that he is injured then in all honesty the guy cannot play more than 8 games in a row before he has to sit.

Either way I just don't see how you could trust the guy.

No, it doesn't matter any more. I only hope he can make a good showing in the playoffs to raise his trade value.

Slick Pinkham
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
So did he start faking the injury in the Suns game because he knew he would be benched in about a week? And then sold it some more in the next two games just to make sure?

Was there one mention of him limping or favoring an achilles during any of these games?

The first I heard of the achilles injury was the Toronto game when he was benched. Before that it was the flu, sinus-something-or-other.

Maybe you're right, but I don't recall any mention of it in any writeup, and he wasn't limping on TV, so you will have to show me the evidence.

Kegboy
04-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Was there one mention of him limping or favoring an achilles during any of these games?

The first I heard of the achilles injury was the Toronto game when he was benched. Before that it was the flu, sinus-something-or-other.

Maybe you're right, but I don't recall any mention of it in any writeup, and he wasn't limping on TV, so you will have to show me the evidence.

From Heywoode's pictures of the Suns game on March 30th, 1 week before Tinsley was benched:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/heywoode/033006%20Suns/IMG_9610_resize.jpg/

tora tora
04-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Yes but he's been known for acting, I wish somebody had a picture of him flailing his arms around after barely being touched :)

Kegboy
04-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Yes but he's been known for acting, I wish somebody had a picture of him flailing his arms around after barely being touched :)

That's it. Everybody else is ignoring him because he's faking, while John Kerry Jr., who doesn't know any better, is looking at the trainer wondering why he's not doing anything.

Slick Pinkham
04-09-2006, 07:29 AM
OK.

:shrug:

From his facial expression, it could be gas. Sometimes you have to put EVERYTHING into it to rip off a really big one and beat Harrison in the between-quarters flatulence contest.

;)

Coach
04-09-2006, 09:21 AM
I think it is his hemorrhoids.

Didn't we read somewhere that he was having problems with them. TPTB put out "sore achilles" because they are protecting him.

Notice the expression on the face. I don't see that on the court, only when he is sitting down. Someone call Larry and Donnie and tell them to get him one of those inflatable doughnuts to sit on. That should end the pressure on him when he sits.

:D