PDA

View Full Version : JO and Jack on Quite Frankly with SAS

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:08 PM
Coming up next, just a heads up if you guys want to watch. On ESPN 2.

Lord Helmet
04-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I don't think I'm done with Jack after what he said about the Detroit fans......

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:29 PM
I have said since the brawl, that Stephen Jackson is by far the best teammate in the NBA. And if you ever played a sport you should know why.

Jaydawg2270
04-07-2006, 11:30 PM
:puke: jack has a grill

Shade
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Interesting watch. Thanks for the heads-up, Jerm.

Hicks
04-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I don't think I'm done with Jack after what he said about the Detroit fans......

What did he say?

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Before the brawl even happend, people where spitting on the Pacers, and saying racial slurs at them. And that the people only saw 20% of what happend that day.

Lord Helmet
04-07-2006, 11:35 PM
What did he say?
He talked about how they're spitting out racial slurs and talking about players families. And he said he knows its a part of his job but after a while its hard to take. And, it certainly doesn't help if you're beating them by 15.

Peck
04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh for God's sake, they were spitting out racial slurs????

I guess the same racial slurs didn't offend the Pistons because, well their Pistons.:rolleyes: I'm sure Rasheed not only heard this but then turned to the fan and encouraged him to yell more.

Don't buy this one guys, this is the talk of a player who wants to justify his actions.

Just like when Allen Iverson said the same thing about us, it was B.S. then it is B.S. now.:bs2:

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Spitting on people is nice of course. NBA players are animals and should be allowed to be spit on. I havent blamed JO,Jack or Ron for what happend a year ago and I wont do it now.

ajbry
04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Spitting on people is nice of course. NBA players are animals and should be allowed to be spit on. I havent blamed JO,Jack or Ron for what happend a year ago and I wont do it now.

I completely agree. I still don't mind the actions of Jack, JO, and everyone else, except for Ron. They were just defending their teammate.

Hicks
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
According to Lord Helmet, he didn't say they were spitting on them, but "spitting out" racial slurs. Which is it? Frankly I think Helmet has it right; it's not like you could reach the players from the stands anyway.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Jack said people where spitting on the back of his neck when ever he went to throw the ball in. And JO also said that they where being spit on.

Anthem
04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Oh for God's sake, they were spitting out racial slurs????
Hey, don't mock. I believe it. Those people from Michigan, they're a bunch of racists. I had a friend thinking about moving to Grand Rapids, but I knew he wouldn't fit in and would face prejudice at the hands of the locals because of his race. So I convinced him to move to somewhere safe, like New York.

[/kstat]

:flirt:

Anthem
04-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Jack said people where spitting on the back of his neck when ever he went to throw the ball in. And JO also said that they where being spit on.
Who the heck cares? It's old news; why are we still discussing this?

I can't believe we're re-hashing something that happened 18 months ago. I've said it before and I was right then; this team's psyche is permenantly broken. Time to get some new players.

FreshPrince22
04-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. 14 of the Pistons 15 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.

Lord Helmet
04-08-2006, 01:48 AM
Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. Their top 8 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.
Well, Peck may be right but it still doesn't dismiss the fact like he was never a victim of anything, I mean last time I checked you can't just throw anything you find at the players and pour drinks on them.

While Jackson says this in what may have been an attempt to make him look like a victim and he wasn't in that case. In other parts of the brawl he was, along with other Pacers.

A lot of wrongs happened that night, and lets just hope nothing like it happens again.

Jumper
04-08-2006, 01:50 AM
OK OK, that was a LONG time ago. I wanna know what was said tonight. I only watched part of the Knicks game, but from what I saw Jermaine wants to win, in the worst way. He did about all he could to win that game, and it wasn't enough. I look at the Knicks and I cant help but see a certain Q who isn't doing much, or maybe a Starbury who was cracking with Jermaine from the bench during the game. I hate to fuel the rumor mill but...

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 02:05 AM
Marbury and QRich where talking crap to JO so JO talked crap back. If you think this has something to do with a trade, you are wrong.

Jumper
04-08-2006, 02:09 AM
Your love for JO is cute, but it gets old.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Yeah thats nice. Keep on reaching.

Jumper
04-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Ok so I will backtrack a little here. I like to speculate, so sue me, sue me sue me!!! I see this team and I see parts that don't fit, my bad. Back to the subject though, you LOVE Jermaine, and rightfully so. The guy has more talents some complete NBA teams, but you put him on a pedastal. It is kinda like the whole Bobby Knight thing, the guy could shoot people in the woods. Yet his fans were always saying, but look at how many championship rings he brought us. Its just a blind loyalty that gets old, that is all. Jermaine is my favorite player on the team, but I still see flaws. Anyway I feel like this is just rambling on so peace out girl scout!

Jumper
04-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Oh and I hate to double post, but aren't we rooting for the same team?? I wouldn't be caught dead cheering for another NBA team, unless it helped us in playoff seeding. And yet we quarrel about our own team? I am starting to wonder if its not just the team that is fractured, but the whole fan base. Oh god where does the bad man stop?

HulkSmash!
04-08-2006, 03:04 AM
Peck is correct. Racial Slurs? That's just idiotic. The Pistons aren't exactly the Utah Jazz here. Their top 8 players are the same race as him. You think they would stand there in front of their hometown players and yell slurs about their race? No, this is his way of making the Pistons fans look worse, and making him look like the victim. BS.
lol ofcourse. It's not like Detroit has earned the reputation of a bad place full of low-class human beings or anything.

efx
04-08-2006, 03:37 AM
lol ofcourse. It's not like Detroit has earned the reputation of a bad place full of low-class human beings or anything.

Actually, I'd venture a guess that most people who feel that way are people who are still up in arms about the brawl.

I never heard a peep about the pistons fans until after nov 18th.

On another note, can we just get rid of Jax please?

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Ok so I will backtrack a little here. I like to speculate, so sue me, sue me sue me!!! I see this team and I see parts that don't fit, my bad. Back to the subject though, you LOVE Jermaine, and rightfully so. The guy has more talents some complete NBA teams, but you put him on a pedastal. It is kinda like the whole Bobby Knight thing, the guy could shoot people in the woods. Yet his fans were always saying, but look at how many championship rings he brought us. Its just a blind loyalty that gets old, that is all. Jermaine is my favorite player on the team, but I still see flaws. Anyway I feel like this is just rambling on so peace out girl scout!

Every NBA player has a flaw or flaws in there game.

I suppose you would be for a JO for KG trade but then you must look at KGs flaws. He is named by many as the best PF in the league right, but out of 4 game winning shots he has taken for them this season, 3 have been airballs and the other didnt go in either.

He cares alot about his personal stats. When you yell at a teammate to drop the ball so he gets the board I see no other reason but for his stats. As far as leading goes JO is a better leader then KG. JO has been the leader of this team for the past few years and has played through thick and thin, bulked up to help the cause, came back from injuries to help our cause yet somehow people assume KG is a great leader. A leader wouldnt subliminaly attack his team and more or less say there ****.

Now if we had KG on this team we would be ranting about all his flaws. Peoples hate for JO is a little bit to personal.

Evan_The_Dude
04-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I love how when race comes into a discussion, people want to pretend it's not an issue. Just because the Pistons have 8 guys that are black doesn't mean a select drunken few of their fans couldn't have yelled out racial slurs. The words are one thing, but when it comes to spitting and then the throwing of cups, it's another. Anyway that's my 0.02 on that topic, no use explaining more because most would never understand anyway unless you were in the shoes of a black man.

On the topic of getting KG, I'm against it as well. I've watched a number of games where they were close to winning, and KG seemed to not want the ball. He's definitely not a clutch player. Yes, he is a great player, but he's no more of a leader than JO is. People say JO talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk, well the same thing goes for KG. The only edge I give to KG is the ability to stay healthy. And as of now, I don't consider JO unreliable to the point where a trade for a KG (if it were ever possible) would make any difference.

Now let me take my a$$ to sleep. the hell am i doing posting at 3am anyway...

Los Angeles
04-08-2006, 09:10 AM
I think all of you need to find a copy of the interview before you go analysing what people were saying and what it means. Context is everything.

While I did miss the very first part of the interview, I did catch most of it. (BTW, thanks to Jermaniac for giving me the heads up.) Anyone who saw the interview knows that there were two slightly different stories coming out. Jackson's story seemed to adjust based on what questions were being asked. He said that fans were dangerously close to coming onto the court. That he could feel people's spit on the back of his neck during inbounds. He said they were saying things about their families, using racial slurs. When asked to confirm WHEN this happened he said that it happened before the fight.

But when JO confirmed that people were spitting and throwing things and yelling racial slurs, SAS asked again "was this before or after Ron went into the stands?" JO replied, "I'm talking about after."

Another interesting tid-bit: only recently did a federal judge confirm JO's suspension reduction. I didn't know this, but it looks like we've had that extra 10 games hanging over us this entire time.

About the brawl, JO said the federal judge saw the footage of the behavior of the fans and was "appalled". He also said that he told the judge that he wouldn't have done anything different. "It was 15 guys vs. what? 10, 11, 12 thousand people still in the stands?"

It was around this point that SAS said "But you have to follow rules." JO said "That applies for everybody. Not just us. We weren't the ones throwing chairs. We had to protect our guys, and get the hell out of there. And if you watch the tape, that's what we did."

Now, again this was last night before I went to bed and I might have a few of the quotes a little wrong. But this is the way I remember it.

I hope someone recorded it, or that it re-runs today so that some of the stupid rushes to judgement in this thread are based on fact rather than heresay.

8.9_seconds
04-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I think JO and Jack represented themselves very nicely. JO seemed very intelligent and Jack was very honest. I think it was funny when Steven A asked Jack when he first felt remorse and he said right after the sentences were handed down, it was funny if you saw it. I'm glad that they don't regret doing it and would do it again. I've always said it, and I will always believe it, they did nothing wrong, I don't blame Ron or the others. You don't throw cups at players at event, you just don't do it and, what they were doing was self defense.

Good Interview, the Sheed one was good too.

Moses
04-08-2006, 06:34 PM
I still don't understand some people here.

Oh well, Who cares..The Brawl was so long ago. We need to be focusing on actually getting above .500 to finish this season out. Not that it matters. Philly is sucking themselves out of the playoffs.

8.9_seconds
04-08-2006, 07:13 PM
I still don't understand some people here.

Oh well, Who cares..The Brawl was so long ago. We need to be focusing on actually getting above .500 to finish this season out. Not that it matters. Philly is sucking themselves out of the playoffs.

Okay,maybe saying they did nothing wrong is incorrect, but it is understandable.

Moses
04-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Okay,maybe saying they did nothing wrong is incorrect, but it is understandable.
No, I was actually wondering why people still lay the blame on the players..not the other way around. Needless to say, it doesn't matter anymore anyways. I already knew JO was an intelligent guy and a class act. I was just interested to see what Jacko said.