PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Theard:Pacers @ Knicks

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Amazing coaching move by Ricky tonight

Peja,JO,AJ score all the baskets in the 3rd qtr, so what does Ricky do he takes all 3 of them out. Lead goes from 9 to 4. Amazing coaching by Ricky. Got to give it up to this guru of a coach.

Now AJ,JO and Peja wont come back till we are down 48 points in the 4th with 3 minutes left.

Ohh I for sure would tune the fool out.

jcouts
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I think Rick has read Phil Jackson's book one too many times...

It sounds like the case in point that PJ kept referring to where he used the regular season to "build players' confidence" so they could contribute at a higher level in the playoffs and blah blah blah.

Evan_The_Dude
04-07-2006, 10:26 PM
W.T.F. and another buzzer beater against the Pacers. Why did all the other teams have to lose tonight? Why do we have to be in the playoffs?

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Rick Calrisle killed our team this game. Because of his stupid rotations we lost. JO,AJ and Peja I beleive scored everydamn point in the 3rd and he took all 3 of them out at the same time. Up 9 and they all come back in when we are down 2. AMAZING COACHING Ricky way to go. And that last play you drew up, that was just sexy. Pacers basketball baby,get the a chance for the last shot of the game but never get the shot up in the air.

Ohh and those who think Jasikavicus should start, LMAO @ all of you. This guy needs 15 seconds to set up the offense and pass the ball to a teammate. Nate Robinson killed him.

Tinsley hurry the hell back, I like my point guards to dribble the ball good.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Peja,JO,AJ score all the baskets in the 3rd qtr, so what does Ricky do he takes all 3 of them out. Lead goes from 9 to 4. Amazing coaching by Ricky. Got to give it up to this guru of a coach.

That is a stupid comment. You can't play the starters the whole game. You simply can't.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Take them out when you have a 20 point lead at the 5 minute mark of the fourth qtr, or ride them till they cant ride no more. And dont tell me my comments are stupid, there isnt nothing stupid about what I say, its not my fault you have a lovefest thing going on with Rick Carlisle's coaching.

Unclebuck
As I said in another thread, you cannot play your starters the whole game, you simply cannot.

S. Jackson played 40 minutes
P. Stojakovic played 37 minutes
J. O'Neal played 40 minutes
J. Foster played 31 minutes, and he must have had a cold
AJ played 33 minutes.

That is about the most they can play. J.O only sat out 2 or 3 minutes in the second half

sweabs
Since returning from injury, in games JO has been inserted into the starting lineup we have been outrebounded 5 out of the 7 times so far. Coincidence?

Remember when we used to always outrebound teams? Why has it stopped?

J_2_Da_IzzO
All I gotta say is :

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Get lost Rick. Get lost Jack. Get Lost, Get Lost Get Looooooooooooooost.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
Since returning from injury, in games JO has been inserted into the starting lineup we have been outrebounded 5 out of the 7 times so far. Coincidence?

Remember when we used to always outrebound teams? Why has it stopped?

We used to outrebound teams and beat them for bout 2 weeks after JO got injured and we got Peja. Then everything went back to win, lose, win, lose, lose, lose etc.

No way can you blame JO. No way. Hes been making vital blocks and points (with Peja). Rick lost us this damn game. Jax added to it with his clear stupidity.

317Kim
04-07-2006, 10:36 PM
I must say Peja's down the stretch was nice...hitting all those 3's. JO had a rough start but ended up with a great game as well. Fear Rejection because he had 4 blocks. Both Peja and JO were 11-21. Everyone else was kind of...ehhh.

We couldn't get stops and had stretches were we couldn't convert not to mention being outrebounded AND our 2nd unit got outscored big time by theirs.

Another night, yet another loss.

04-07-2006, 10:36 PM
Peja was ****ing insane, ONE man cant do any more to win a game. JO was awesome to and the rest was.............................

Strany
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey at least we have become consistant, consistanly melting down in the 4th.
Really hard to understand this team, they are just horrible on defense
and we just seem to struggle to get good shots so often. I really can't wait for the offseason this team is just plain painfull to watch.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:37 PM

Remember when we used to always outrebound teams? Why has it stopped?Ohh and just to let you know since I know you love rebounding, and get a hard on when we dont rebound good. Jeff Foster and Scott Pollard rebounded like a bunch of women today, just to let you know.

And if it wasnt for Jermaine O'Neal this game would have not been close, he blocked 3 shots in a row at one point and not one of his teammates could grab the damn ball.

Keep on watching the ESPN Game center and judging how Jermaine plays. Does wonders for you.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:39 PM
As I said in another thread, you cannot play your starters the whole game, you simply cannot.

AJ played 33 minutes.

That is about the most they can play. J.O only sat out 2 or 3 minutes in the second halfAJ didnt play nearly enough, Jasikavicus didnt do nothing out there absolutley nothing but kill our team. Nate Robinson OWNED him, Nate Robinsons told him to jump and he said how high master. AJ should have been brought right back in when the 9 point lead started going down.

Rick Carlisle lost this game for our team, and thats just how it is. Not my fault you cant see that.

NEW COACH IN 06-07

sweabs
04-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Ohh and just to let you know since I know you love rebounding, and get a hard on when we dont rebound good. Jeff Foster and Scott Pollard rebounded like a bunch of women today, just to let you know.

And if it wasnt for Jermaine O'Neal this game would have not been close, he blocked 3 shots in a row at one point and not one of his teammates could grab the damn ball.

Keep on watching the ESPN Game center and judging how Jermaine plays. Does wonders for you.

5 rebounds in 40 minutes of play? Think what you want...

I'm just stating a common theme...that's it. You're the one getting all defensive.

cramerica
04-07-2006, 10:41 PM
The Knicks commentators kept saying how they couldn't understand how a team that was fighting for playoff seeding was playing without emotion and intensity.

Evan_The_Dude
04-07-2006, 10:42 PM
The following sums up my feelings.

:giveup: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol: :banghead: :dunce: :notlisten :violin: :wtf: :deadhorse :thumbdown :unhappy: :muttering

http://img81.echo.cx/img81/9407/giveadamnanimated1qu.gif

Ragnar
04-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey what do you expect out of this team at this point. My dad was here watching the game with me and I called the last play. I said you will see why Rick likes AJ in this play alone and they will lose the game because AJ is not a real pg. And just as predicted AJ wanted to pass it to the guy Rick called the play for so bad that yet again he passed up a wide open Steven Jackson because thats not who Rick called the play for. A real pg would have seen that Peja was covered (or been able to make the pass anyway).

Hicks
Peja once again disappeared in the 4th quarter. ;)

Seriously, I'm convinced the times he blows it are purely statistical; the guy misses ugly at any and all times during a game, he can go cold at any and all times of a game, but he can also catch fire at any and all times during a game.

Him not catching the pass is just a "**** happens" moment.

able
Where on earth is/was David Harrisson?

he in the doghouse next to Jamaal?

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:44 PM
5 rebounds in 40 minutes of play? Think what you want...

I'm just stating a common theme...that's it. You're the one getting all defensive.Jermaine plays 9 point lead, owns the Knicks frontline. JO goes out Jeff Foster watches Nate Robinson,Craw and the rest of the Knicks walk in the paint and score as they please. But boy what a rebounding wizard, never goes up to get in a guards face on a lay up but boy does he bring boards down like crazy.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM

AJ played 33 minutes.

That is about the most they can play. J.O only sat out 2 or 3 minutes in the second half

When you get a 9 point lead its best for them players to stay on court on press on that lead especially when theres only 2/3 mins left of the quarter. Then at the end of the quarter you can evaluate who you should put out for the 4th based on how much we are winning/losing by.

One thing you shouldnt do is take out the only players scoring for you. If you keep them in and they continue to play well then you can take them off with 3 mins left of the 4th if we got a sufficient lead.

317Kim
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM

I think Hulk has a sore knee and the boxscore just says DNP.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:46 PM

he in the doghouse next to Jamaal?I seen him in a suit

Hicks
04-07-2006, 10:46 PM

His knee.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:47 PM
We would probably do better with just JO, Peja and Danny on the floor for 48 mins. (With no coach)

DisplacedKnick
04-07-2006, 10:48 PM
That was very unexpected.

I think we lured you down to our level.

I'm only halfway kidding. Both teams sucked the first 30 or so minutes of the game. Ugly basketball. Hurt me just to watch it. Your offense blew and our defense did even though you didn't score much. Then you got a little run, we picked it up and got enough ahead where we could hold on.

Jackson's sure a cure/curse player isn't he? Dumb foul with 50 seconds left but hits a 3 and makes that layup.

I saw a lot with the Knicks but didn't pay that much attention with the Pacers so I'll shut up. I will say that not going to JO every time Mo Taylor was on him was a travesty. Mo couldn't guard a sidewalk, let alone JO.

able
Another post warm-up injury? It's not mentioned anywhere in the pre-game on the site or whatever.

Mysterious injuries abound.

Jermaniac
Ohh and Unclebuck since you know so much about Rick Carlisle and how beleive that he is never wrong.

When he did pull Peja,JO and AJ in the 3rd qtr when we finally started to get on a roll. Why couldnt he take out Stephen Jackson was completley off the whole game and clearly didnt have his head in the game. And leave Peja in the game. Please explain this to me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee I really cant wait to see this.

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Anyone notice how Cavs have made alot of good plays closing out 4th quarters of games????

Maybe Ricks flaws are more on show now hes alone.

Hicks
04-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Another post warm-up injury? It's not mentioned anywhere in the pre-game on the site or whatever.

Mysterious injuries abound.

Well, this is a knee injury that's bothered him before and made him miss at least one other game.

Hicks
04-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Ohh and Unclebuck since you know so much about Rick Carlisle and how beleive that he is never wrong.

When he did pull Peja,JO and AJ in the 3rd qtr when we finally started to get on a roll. Why couldnt he take out Stephen Jackson was completley off the whole game and clearly didnt have his head in the game. And leave Peja in the game. Please explain this to me? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee I really cant wait to see this.

You've been laying your schtick on thick tonight, and you could really stand to act more classy than that. Good God.

Fireball Kid
04-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Can we get Mike Brown back?

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:52 PM
You've been laying your schtick on thick tonight, and you could really stand to act more classy than that. Good God.

When emotions are running high and you believe in something so strongly you just think to yourself forget classy.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:53 PM
You've been laying your schtick on thick tonight, and you could really stand to act more classy than that. Good God.What did I do? I didnt call him any names, I would just love to see him explain that to me. It would be great, he never wants to beleive that Rick is wrong on anything so I would just like to see his point of view on that one.

Peja on fire - You are out
Jack cant hit the ocean out of the Titanic - Take some more shots Stephen.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Since this is an issue again, I checked the play-by-play

J.O was taken out with 1:37 left in the 3rd quarter - brought back in at the 11:11 mark of the 4th quarter. Any fair minded person must realize J.O needs twop minutes of rest during a second half of play.

AJ was also taken out with 1:37 of the 3rd

Jax was taken out with 1:18 left in the 3rd.

The play-by-play doesn't list when Peja came out, I assume he came out during the timeout between the 3rd and 4th quarter.

Someone said it, the Pacers just aren't playing with the effort, intensity and togetherness they need to.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 10:56 PM
What did I do? I didnt call him any names, I would just love to see him explain that to me. It would be great, he never wants to beleive that Rick is wrong on anything so I would just like to see his point of view on that one.

Peja on fire - You are out
Jack cant hit the ocean out of the Titanic - Take some more shots Stephen.

Clearly state your question and I'll be more than willing to answe.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 10:58 PM
Why did Jackson play more minutes then Peja?

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Imagine Rick took out JO & Peja, when they are dominating, in the NBA Finals when we go up by 2 and we end up losing the game.

There wouldnt be any excuses. Every game counts for us now.

And soccer players play 90 minute games with a 15 minute break plus some injury time at the end. I know for a fact if Rick were to tell JO and Peja they would be playing 46 minutes the next game they would be happy. 48 minutes isnt a long time especially with the many stoppages and quarter breaks there is. These are finely tuned athletes we are talking about not some team of workers from the local fast food restaraunt.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:03 PM

Jax only played 3 minutes more than Peja. But I would imagine that defense had a little to do with it.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Imagine Rick took out JO & Peja, when they are dominating, in the NBA Finals when we go up by 2 and we end up losing the game.

There wouldnt be any excuses. Every game counts for us now.

And soccer players play 90 minute games with a 15 minute break plus some injury time at the end. I know for a fact if Rick were to tell JO and Peja they would be playing 46 minutes the next game they would be happy. 48 minutes isnt a long time especially with the many stoppages and quarter breaks there is. These are finely tuned athletes we are talking about not some team of workers from the local fast food restaraunt.

Ok, if Peja misses his last 4 shots during a game because he's tired, you promise you won't complain. When J.O commits a couple of stupid fouls, you promise you won't complain.

The thing is Rick played his starters as much as he could tonight, they were maxed out, that is why I can't understand all this

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
3 minutes is a lifetime in basketball.

Defense had nothing to do with it. You mean like the bonehead foul he got with 16 some seconds left to put Craw on the foul line.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Ok, if Peja misses his last 4 shots during a game because he's tired, you promise you won't complain. When J.O commits a couple of stupid fouls, you promise you won't complain.

The thing is Rick played his starters as much as he could tonight, they were maxed out, that is why I can't understand all thisThey werent maxed out, they looked very good to me. You dont get back into the game from being down 9 in the 4th qtr because you are maxed out. Players in the NBA play 42-43 minutes a night everyday why cant ours.

hoopsforlife
04-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Boaf teams played hard.....

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-07-2006, 11:10 PM

The thing is Rick played his starters as much as he could tonight, they were maxed out, that is why I can't understand all this

Peja started shooting three after three in his 35/36/37th minute in the game. JO played best in the final 2 quarters and made a basket in his 40th minute in the game. Whos to say they would be THAT tired to start doing stupid things. As I said 48 minutes is not a long time with the amount of stoppages aloud. they could have played 43. If your a player that wants to win like JO & Peja are you are not happy on the bench. You would be more then happy to be on the court for 40+ minutes.

BlueNGold
04-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Jax only played 3 minutes more than Peja. But I would imagine that defense had a little to do with it.
Jack and Peja really don't compete for minutes. They are both favored to be on the floor for big minutes. If anything, Danny cuts into Peja's minutes.

D-BONE
04-07-2006, 11:14 PM
The usual here. Why is it that some people are so blindly in love with certain players and so overly against others (or the coach) when the problem is with the TEAM.

It's not about individual players. It's about how they play as a unit. And this group is just a train wreck. The thing that should be most concerning, and has been pointed out, is their lack of passion and intensity. As a group they just don't get it done-not consistent, not together, not enough big plays, etc.

The entire bunch, Carlisle included, should be held accountable. This season won't be over soon enough. Bring on the moves. Ship out as many as possible.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:16 PM
They werent maxed out, they looked very good to me. You dont get back into the game from being down 9 in the 4th qtr because you are maxed out. Players in the NBA play 42-43 minutes a night everyday why cant ours.

You know how many NBA players average 42 minutes or more per game? .

3 players.

Iverson - 43.0
Lebron - 42.9
Arenas - 42.2

Only 9 players average 40 minutes per game or more

Ricky Davis - 41.4
Joe Johnson - 41.1
Kobe - 41.1
Marion - 40.8
Odom - 40.3
Jamison - 40.0

So maybe all the NBA coaches are wrong

D-BONE
04-07-2006, 11:20 PM
You know how many NBA players average 42 minutes or more per game? .

3 players.

Iverson - 43.0
Lebron - 42.9
Arenas - 42.2

Only 9 players average 40 minutes per game or more

Ricky Davis - 41.4
Joe Johnson - 41.1
Kobe - 41.1
Marion - 40.8
Odom - 40.3
Jamison - 40.0

So maybe all the NBA coaches are wrong

Seems like a pretty good point. I don't think a couple more minutes to the guys in question necessarily changes the outcome. They've proven time and again that they can't win close games. It's something bigger than decisions made in individual games when you choke and show no emotion as consistently as us.

hoopsforlife
04-07-2006, 11:21 PM
This game was lost in the first quarter.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Peja started shooting three after three in his 35/36/37th minute in the game. JO played best in the final 2 quarters and made a basket in his 40th minute in the game. Whos to say they would be THAT tired to start doing stupid things. As I said 48 minutes is not a long time with the amount of stoppages aloud. they could have played 43. If your a player that wants to win like JO & Peja are you are not happy on the bench. You would be more then happy to be on the court for 40+ minutes.

Whose to say that both would have run out of gas with 3 minutes to go if they played the entire second half

Peck
04-07-2006, 11:38 PM
The usual here. Why is it that some people are so blindly in love with certain players and so overly against others (or the coach) when the problem is with the TEAM.

It's not about individual players. It's about how they play as a unit. And this group is just a train wreck. The thing that should be most concerning, and has been pointed out, is their lack of passion and intensity. As a group they just don't get it done-not consistent, not together, not enough big plays, etc.

The entire bunch, Carlisle included, should be held accountable. This season won't be over soon enough. Bring on the moves. Ship out as many as possible.

That is the quote of the night, hell maybe the entire year.

BTW, not only is the part I highlighted right but your entire post is right.

It's more than one person & it's more than just the coach.

It's a system wide error that Walsh gambled & lost on. We all know that I have am not an apologist for him at all but in this case I understand he was trying to get maximum return on big time talent & potential. He just never could see the ugly damage that the Ron years did. Then bringing in Jackson for a good solid citizen was a disaster.

Losing Mike Brown probably is what took this thing down the toilet if the truth were told.

But in truth, I'm glad this has been exposed that way we can now truely start to fix the problems.

We have some assets but I'm very much afraid that many of you will not like some moves that are going to be made.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I'm all for a ton of moves, I wanted a huge shake up back in December.

Another thing I can't understand is not that people criticize Rick, but I don't understand why they criticize him the way they do. Why not criticize him for his team not playing hard and not playing together. Those are the two huge issues. Whether Peja played 37 minutes or 40 minutes isn't a major

Jerm: if you would post, the following: "the Pacers just aren't playing hard and they just aren't playing together, and for that Rick Carlisle deserves as least a large portion of the blame" I might agree with you, in fact yes the coach is responsible for how his team plays and they aren't getting it done in the effort and togetherness category, so even if the coach is not to blame, a change is obviously needed.
If you would post things like that, I wouldn't argue with you

waterjater
04-07-2006, 11:44 PM
That is a stupid comment. You can't play the starters the whole game. You simply can't.

True, BUT he left Saras, Granger and whoever else was in early in the 4th way to freaking long. Just got done watching it on TIVO.

Our coach is an idiot! A freaking idiot. Hell, he even called time out to stem the tide of blowing the lead, yet put the same people back in to blow the lead even further.

Rick has ruined Saras, just ruined him. Taken away all the confidence he had. Just a shame.

We need to MISS the playoffs. We don't deserve it! If by some chance we luck into the 8th seed then thats were I want us. So we get killed in 4 games QUICKLY!!

Water

Shade
04-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I didn't get to see the game tonight. Why phantom injury did Tins have tonight?

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Our coach is an idiot! A freaking idiot. Hell, he even called time out to stem the tide of blowing the lead, yet put the same people back in to blow the lead even further.
PREACH

Peck
04-07-2006, 11:48 PM

Another thing I can't understand is not that people criticize Rick, but I don't understand why the criticize him the way they do. Why not criticize him for his team not playing hard and not playing together. Those are the two huge issues. Not whether Peja played 37 minutes or 40 minutes.

Oh I'm with you on that.

But I do believe that he should be criticized for the teams lack of execution & I guess playing hard.

I know you wanted to wait till the season was over but in all honesty do you have any belief that the majority of this team is no longer responding to his coaching?

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, this team is X and O out. They need a motivational leader right now & that is just not Rick's forte'.

What do they need next year? Honestly who knows because with any luck at all we will have mostly a knew team to go along with a new coach.

Jermaniac
04-07-2006, 11:49 PM

Another thing I can't understand is not that people criticize Rick, but I don't understand why the criticize him the way they do. Why not criticize him for his team not playing hard and not playing together. Those are the two huge issues. Not whether Peja played 37 minutes or 40 minutes.

Jerm: if you would post, the following: "the Pacers just aren't playing hard and they just aren't playing together, and for that Rick Carlisle deserves as least a large portion of the blame" I might agree with you, in fact yes the coach is responsible for how his team plays and they aren't getting it done in the effort and togetherness category, so even if the coach is not to blame, a change is obviously needed.
If you would post things like that, I wouldn't argue with you
I saw a team playing very hard that 2nd half. I saw Jermaine O'Neal look like he wanted to kill somebody because we couldnt get it done. The starters did everything they could, the bench came in a ruined it. And then he put the starters in too late. Just simple to me, our team made adjustments at half time came out and played one hell of a 3rd qtr. And our coach ruined that because his piece of paper said JO and Peja need to go out.

Shade
04-07-2006, 11:50 PM
If the main problem is the coach, who do we go after? With a new coach, do we keep the team relatively together again?

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I saw a team playing very hard that 2nd half. I saw Jermaine O'Neal look like he wanted to kill somebody because we couldnt get it done. The starters did everything they could, the bench came in a ruined it. And then he put the starters in too late. Just simple to me, our team made adjustments at half time came out and played one hell of a 3rd qtr. And our coach ruined that because his piece of paper said JO and Peja need to go out.

Well then blame the bench players, they are paid to play also.

I still don't get it. Rick is a lot of things, but a bad coach and an idiot he is not. And I will continue to argue that

Peck
04-07-2006, 11:59 PM
Well then blame the bench players, they are paid to play also.

I still don't get it. Rick is a lot of things, but a bad coach and an idiot he is not. And I will continue to argue that

Other than a couple of people nobody is saying he is a bad coach.

However right now we are in a bad situation to which he seems to have no answers for.

Are we a championship talented team on paper? No.

But are we one of the worst teams in the league on paper as we've played recently either? No.

Something is wrong somewhere & as much as we want new players you cannot deny that coaching has something to with this.

I'm so convinced that the atmosphere is poisionous between Rick & the players that right now I would have no problem if Kevin O'Neal would be named interm coach to end the season.

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Oh I'm with you on that.

But I do believe that he should be criticized for the teams lack of execution & I guess playing hard.

I know you wanted to wait till the season was over but in all honesty do you have any belief that the majority of this team is no longer responding to his coaching?

Like I said a couple of weeks ago, this team is X and O out. They need a motivational leader right now & that is just not Rick's forte'.

What do they need next year? Honestly who knows because with any luck at all we will have mostly a knew team to go along with a new coach.

If over the summer major changes are made to the roster, 6-7 significant players gone and if TPTB decide Rick should be kept I could live with that, although if they asked my advise I would suggest they bring in a whole new coaching, yes change for change sake.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 12:05 AM
And its the coaches job to take them out if they are playing like crap. And Rick doesnt do it because of his stupid set rotations, it doesnt matter if you play like crap with Rick cause he doesnt care. He rides with what his paper says and thats final. Its not a coincidence that the Pacers keep losing big leads, Rick refuses to ride the hot hand and hot lineup and we lose games because of it.

I dont like the way he coaches and thats it for me with Rick. I really dont care about what kind of fued he has with Jamaal,Jack,JO,Aunt Jemima, to me he isnt the right coach for this team and I hate how he coaches. Most overrated coach in the NBA bar none.

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 12:07 AM
If over the summer major changes are made to the roster, 6-7 significant players gone and if TPTB decide Rick should be kept I could live with that, although if they asked my advise I would suggest they bring in a whole new coaching, yes change for change sake.And what would Rick do with those 6-7 new players?

Same ol **** he does with the guys he has now. The guy wont adjust to the talent he has and thats just how Rick is. Like Jay said maybe he should go coach a college team.

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Other than a couple of people nobody is saying he is a bad coach.

However right now we are in a bad situation to which he seems to have no answers for.

Are we a championship talented team on paper? No.

But are we one of the worst teams in the league on paper as we've played recently either? No.

Something is wrong somewhere & as much as we want new players you cannot deny that coaching has something to with this.

I'm so convinced that the atmosphere is poisionous between Rick & the players that right now I would have no problem if Kevin O'Neal would be named interm coach to end the season.

This team is at best a 45-50 win team on paper, but obviously the team is nowhere near that level right now.

Yes coaching has something to do with it, but it is not an issue of good coaching or bad coaching, too much has gone on the past two years, the brawl, the injuries, the Artest situation, the way the fans treat the team. It is not Rick's fault, for the most part it isn't the players fault, but the situation is what it is, and it is pretty bad. Not unlike the end of the 2003 season.

I think Kevin O'Neil gets a bad rap, but I don't think it would be a good idea to replace Rick with K.O. right now, that just doesn't make sense. TPTB just have to ride it out now.

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 12:10 AM
And what would Rick do with those 6-7 new players?

Same ol **** he does with the guys he has now. The guy wont adjust to the talent he has and thats just how Rick is. Like Jay said maybe he should go coach a college team.

Am I not being clear. I just posted this (I would suggest they bring in a whole new coaching, yes change for change sake

But I love how he coaches

Jermaniac
04-08-2006, 12:13 AM
Am I not being clear. I just posted this (I would suggest they bring in a whole new coaching, yes change for change sake

But I love how he coachesYou also said you would be fine if they kept Rick.

But I hate how he coaches. He could be the best coach in the world during practice, I dont know. During the game he sucks.

Peck
04-08-2006, 12:19 AM
This team is at best a 45-50 win team on paper, but obviously the team is nowhere near that level right now.

Yes coaching has something to do with it, but it is not an issue of good coaching or bad coaching, too much has gone on the past two years, the brawl, the injuries, the Artest situation, the way the fans treat the team. It is not Rick's fault, for the most part it isn't the players fault, but the situation is what it is, and it is pretty bad. Not unlike the end of the 2003 season.

I think Kevin O'Neil gets a bad rap, but I don't think it would be a good idea to replace Rick with K.O. right now, that just doesn't make sense. TPTB just have to ride it out now.

Sorry, but the fan base in Indiana has gone above & beyond their support last season for the team. They even started off the season on the bandwagon.

However once the team started tanking early in the season the fans turned first on Jackson & then after Ron finally made it so we could get rid of him they turned on him.

Let's be honest, there were a lot of us who were not happy with the Pacers actions in the brawl. IMO, the fans could have been justified if they turned last season.

I would hate for any of these guys to have to play in Philly or N.Y.

Did you hear the boo's that Woods got for missing that 360? You think that would have happened last season in Indy? I don't think so. You might have had some groans or the like but not a chorus of boo's.

This season though.....

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't blame the fans for any of this.

Arcadian
04-08-2006, 12:20 AM
It's nice to see the Pacer's valleying at the wrong time.

If we have to play JO 43 minutes to beat the Knicks we don't deserve to win. Obviously more is going on than just rotations. Changes are needed and at this point I don't care what they are.

Sollozzo
04-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Let's be honest, there were a lot of us who were not happy with the Pacers actions in the brawl. IMO, the fans could have been justified if they turned last season.

There's one reason, and one reason alone why the fans didn't turn on the team last season.

Reggie Miller.

Reggie Miller always kept the fan base at a strong level. Reggie brought in alot of fans who weren't true Pacer "die hards", but loved to watch him. Once he announced his retirement, then when the team added Davis and went out with a surge, there was a huge fan base.

Honestly, I think watching Reggie and Dale go out like that made alot of fans forget about the brawl for the moment. Reggie was the one thing that left the fans with something to be excited about. Dale definitely doesn't sign here if there's no Reggie Miller.

Then this year begins, and there is no Reggie Miller. And shortly into the season, the writing is on the wall that this team has major problems.

Jumper
04-08-2006, 02:08 AM
Is Rick an awful coach, no. Is he a great coach, no. Is he a better coach, yes. Is JO the dominant big man in the league, no. Is he a **** poor big in the league, no. Is he a good big in the league, yes. I can go on about all of the players on the roster. Point being, this team is a good team that is playing like CRAP. I will stand by my opinion that the only thing missing is a true PG. Center, we are set, unless you want a Shaq type player who will just bump into JO too much. PF, only two others in the league I would think about trading for. SF, we have the best shooter and the best upside, nuff said. SG, with the firepower we have at SF and PF, I am looking more to defense here and the occasional drive to the lane. PG, our biggest nee, healthy Jamaal, and we win 60+ games, but now we don't. Give this team a Bobby J, or J. Terry and watch out. Do we need a firesale,no. Could that happen? no again. Coaching change? maybe but who? And finally, better team next year........yes.

stew
04-08-2006, 02:21 AM

personally, I am starting to believe that we are not that good to begin with... and maybe, we are not as good as our record show...

looking back, it seems like the team is all Artest... this team is going no where before the artest trade... and look at the team now without artest...

now I am not saying we should have kept artest, what I am saying, maybe
artest is the heart and soul of the team...

edit: maybe I shouldnt have said heart and soul... but you got the point..

=P

Jumper
04-08-2006, 02:22 AM
artest= tick.....tick....tick.....kablameee!!

Lord Helmet
04-08-2006, 02:52 AM
What pisses me off a lot about this loss, is that this is the stretch run. 8-9 games left and the Pacers who still havn't secured a playoff spot yet, what are they doing, losing to the likes of the Knicks and other teams who are out of the playoffs.

I just want to yell at them, WAKE UP. Do you want to make the playoffs or not, or do you want to definitely go 1 and out? With the position we're in, we can either decide to play NJ, Miami or Detroit, and if we continue to keep blowing these games, and making the SAME STUPID LITTLE errors we'll be playing Detroit or not even be in the postseason.

Bball
04-08-2006, 03:04 AM
We don't deserve to make the playoffs.

-Bball

J_2_Da_IzzO
04-08-2006, 05:07 AM
IMO this team at best is a 60 win team. What we need is a coach that can coach a full game not just certain minutes in certain quarters and a PG that thinks pass first. Oh yh and a shooting guard that can shoot would be nice.

At this point would it be so bad to put Granger in at SG. He couldnt do any worse then Jax. Danny has a better shot then Jax and takes it to the hoop when possible. I think Danny could handle the ball better then Jack.

How many flaws have we on this forum worked out before Rick. Its amazing what we see but Rick doesnt. I think this team would have done better if we kept Mike Brown and let Rick go. It seems that Mike Brown was the key to our defense and Mike Brown was the mastermind behind 4th quarter plays. Hes been doing an excellent jobin Cleveland with last minute plays and they are already in playoffs.

GntsTel
04-08-2006, 05:15 AM

Because Jax has to play 39-41 min per game. This is written in the RC papers.

Suaveness
04-08-2006, 06:16 AM
You know what? I was so pissed that I couldn't watch or pay attention to the games because of my heavy workload. And you know what? I'm glad I have this workload so I don't have to watch this sad excuse for a team. I wish I could give a detailed analysis, but I actually turned off the radio after 5 min yesterday. So I could study. This team just isn't fun to watch anymore.

DisplacedKnick
04-08-2006, 07:56 AM
I saw a team playing very hard that 2nd half.

What game were you watching? I watched Pacers-Knicks myself. What I saw was a team that gave up a ton of offensive rebounds, that was slower to every loose ball, that gave up a lot of dribble-penetration and had a bunch of turnover's with sloppy play. And worst of all, they took a ton of quick perimeter shots because they couldn't be bothered to move the ball, or set screens, or cut, or do anything that might have gotten them better shots.

Both teams played terrible in the 1st half - the Pacers were just slightly more terrible.

Unclebuck
04-08-2006, 08:20 AM
What game were you watching? I watched Pacers-Knicks myself. What I saw was a team that gave up a ton of offensive rebounds, that was slower to every loose ball, that gave up a lot of dribble-penetration and had a bunch of turnover's with sloppy play. And worst of all, they took a ton of quick perimeter shots because they couldn't be bothered to move the ball, or set screens, or cut, or do anything that might have gotten them better shots.

Both teams played terrible in the 1st half - the Pacers were just slightly more terrible.

Thank you

DeS
04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Imo, countrary - bench played too little and the starters played too long. I mean the offense too little involved Granger, Foster. And the low bench scoring was one of the major reasons Pacers lost this one. It's very hard to win with such a bench performance. I mean, that's too bad that the coach didn't found the right lineup combination to successfuly involve the bench players and/or it's too bad all the bench players themselfs played very bad. Although I allways tend to believe the first option, You can't blame coach for not playing starters long enough.

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 08:25 AM
LOL we lost to the Knicks

Raskolnikov
04-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Come on, Pacers, enough with the losing now. It's not funny anymore.

Shade
04-08-2006, 09:50 AM
LOL we lost to the Knicks

...again.

grace
04-08-2006, 11:19 AM
That was very unexpected.

No it wasn't.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=375938#post375938

Not to worry - you play us next week.

That's true, but you're due a victory for the month. It might as well be against the Pacers (so Isiah can point at Larry and laugh).

Don't you just hate it when I'm right.

Shade
04-08-2006, 11:20 AM
No it wasn't.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=375938#post375938

Well...partially right. It's hard for Zeke to laugh when he's still looking up at everybody.

Besides, losing to the Knicks is all a secret ploy to cost them the #1 pick. :plot: :devil:

Raskolnikov
04-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Our rebounding has been sucking as of late.

Big Smooth
04-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Glad I did not have to watch that game.

Plenty of blame to go around on this team, both players and coaches. Time for some serious retooling during the offseason.

ghost
04-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Well...partially right. It's hard for Zeke to laugh when he's still looking up at everybody.

Besides, losing to the Knicks is all a secret ploy to cost them the #1 pick. :plot: :devil:

Their first round pick goes to Bulls.

Kegboy
04-08-2006, 12:49 PM

Besides, losing to the Knicks is all a secret ploy to cost Grace's Bulls the #1 pick. :plot: :devil:

Fixed.

DisplacedKnick
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Well, in this particular case ...

And just so Pacer fans can feel special, we've beaten three teams twice this season.

grace
04-08-2006, 04:31 PM
The Bulls don't need a draft pick. They need an experienced post player.

Hicks
04-08-2006, 05:48 PM
The Bulls don't need a draft pick. They need an experienced post player.

If this draft wasn't sounding so bland I'd suggest JO.

Although, the pick + Hinrich would be interesting.

JO for Hinrich, the #1, Chandler, Harrington, and Piatkowski works. I seriously doubt Chicago would do it, though. However, if CHI were to draft who we want in an agreed deal, we could wait until Chandler's not BYC and we might be able to add Jeff Foster to the deal.

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 05:49 PM
If this draft wasn't sounding so bland I'd suggest JO.

Although, the pick + Hinrich would be interesting.

JO for Hinrich, the #1, Chandler, Harrington, and Piatkowski works. I seriously doubt Chicago would do it, though. However, if CHI were to draft who we want in an agreed deal, we could wait until Chandler's not BYC and we might be able to add Jeff Foster to the deal.

Chicago gets the NY pick for the 2007 draft too, we could always trade for that one...

8.9_seconds
04-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Othella and Piatkowski here, interesting, I kind of like it.

Hicks
04-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Doug's just an expiring contract in this deal, so don't get too excited.

grace
04-08-2006, 07:17 PM
Othella and Piatkowski here, interesting, I kind of like it.

If I were still a Pacers fan I don't think I would like it. Piatowski has only played in 25 games this year. I don't how many of the games he missed were because of injuries, but I'm guessing it's at least 50%.

As for Othella, you can't have him. :tongue: