PDA

View Full Version : Steven A. Smith: Pacers have not tuned out Rick Carlisle

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 07:52 PM
SAS was just on ESPN pregame show and he said Pacers have not tuned out Rick

SAS did say that the Pacers are 1-11 in the last 12 games that Tinsley has started. Is that right. And if it is obviously it's all Rick's fault.

Anthem
04-07-2006, 07:54 PM

SAS did say that the Pacers are 1-11 in the last 12 games that Tinsley has started. Is that right. And if it is obviously it's all Rick's fault.
Can that be true?

Kegboy
Uh, obviously Screamin' wasn't at that Phoenix game last week. I'm sorry, I don't care how much people hate Tinsley, this goes way beyond one player.

Jermaniac
Off topic but - Jack and JO are going to be on SAS show tonight. I beleive.

- You guys can continue the scheduled Jamaal Tinsley hating class.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Can that be true?

I know they are 1-5 in Tinsley's last 6 starts

During the 2004, 61 season the Pacers were 34-9 when JT started

Lord Helmet
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Good to hear he hasn't been tuned out. Now, we might win a game in the playoffs, if we make it.

sweabs
04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
As Sam Mitchell always says, "Unless you're here practicing with us every day, then you have no clue what's going on".

How the hell would Stephen A. Smith know for sure?

Ragnar
04-07-2006, 10:45 PM

That includes a lot of games where AJ was in at the end rather than Jamaal.

UB there is no question that the problem between Jamaal and Rick has come to a head. And yes Jamaal is ALSO at fault here. But Rick's job is to understand his players.

Fool
04-07-2006, 11:30 PM
As Sam Mitchell always says, "Unless you're here practicing with us every day, then you have no clue what's going on".

How the hell would Stephen A. Smith know for sure?

This is what I thought.

Isn't SAS usually criticized here? Now one of his statements is posted without any explination or context and its gospel?

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:36 PM
This is what I thought.

Isn't SAS usually criticized here? Now one of his statements is posted without any explination or context and its gospel?

I don't really believe him myself, but I thought I would post it and let you decide

Shade
04-07-2006, 11:47 PM
Regardless of whether they've tuned him out or not, something isn't working, and it's up to the coach to figure out what. And fast.

Unclebuck
04-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Regardless of whether they've tuned him out or not, something isn't working, and it's up to the coach to figure out what. And fast.

It is too late, things won't get better. Oh sure they might go to Detroit on Sunday and play their best game of the season, but that is not the norm and what we have seen lately is what the team is

ChicagoJ
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
What we've seen lately is what you can expect from a third-year Rick Carlisle team.

To SAS:

:bs:

Shade
04-08-2006, 10:30 AM
It is too late, things won't get better. Oh sure they might go to Detroit on Sunday and play their best game of the season, but that is not the norm and what we have seen lately is what the team is

That Pistons game is the biggest of the season for us. If we beat them, we might get the confidence to turn this thing around. If not, well...let the freefall commence.

Shade
04-08-2006, 10:31 AM
What we've seen lately is what you can expect from a third-year Rick Carlisle team.

To SAS:

:bs:

If that's true, Joe Dumars is a Grade A genius.

pizza guy
04-08-2006, 08:49 PM
That includes a lot of games where AJ was in at the end rather than Jamaal.

UB there is no question that the problem between Jamaal and Rick has come to a head. And yes Jamaal is ALSO at fault here. But Rick's job is to understand his players.

First, let me preface this by saying that I don't believe AJ should EVER be in for the final shot.

Now, the point of my post. There's a reason AJ was in.

PacerMan
04-09-2006, 12:35 PM

Everytime Tinsley comes back they throw him out there immediately because they've been desperate for what he brings. Not reasonable to expect a guy that's been off for a month + to have his game legs or especially timing intact.
Rick just said last week they started him too quickly.

Ant
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Does anyone really believe that they HAVENT tuned him out ??

Jermaniac
04-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Its clear that they have. They just dont even care no more, and he cant do nothing to change it. Playing like this when its the MOST important shouldnt be happening.

Evan_The_Dude
04-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Ditto^