PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like out west?

Jon Theodore
04-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Since the east is pretty much already decided. Who do you like out west? Not who do you think will win, but who are you ROOTING for.

It's gotta be Dallas for me. I've always been a fan of Cuban and Terry, even in the Atlanta days i've been a terry fan. Also, I read Shawn Kemp has done some workouts with the Mavericks? I like that they are willing to take that risk. Kemp COULD turn out to be a great bench player for the playoff run....assuming he is even allowed to play, I don't know about all the rules.

Anyways, thought it'd be interesting to see who everyone is rooting for out west. I can wait to watch the Sacramento vs Spurs series. (assuming thats how it plays out)

I'd like to see Dallas vs Heat (lets get real Pacers ain't goin nowhere). I think Dallas vs Miami in the finals would be entertaining, moreso than Detroit vs Spurs. But we all know what will LIKELY happen.

Los Angeles
04-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Interesting stat reported during the Detroit/Miami game last night:

Miami is 2-12 vs. division leaders. Holy crap that's bad.

Who do I like out west? The Suns. For pure fun/entertainment/comedy reasons. Usually they're a hoot to watch. But when they screw up, BOY do they screw up. Good stuff to watch all around when you don't really care.

sweabs
04-07-2006, 02:19 PM
I'll be rooting for the Suns as well, out in the West. Steve Nash is our boy. I just love watching them play, it looks like they're having a ball out there.

By the way, Kemp missed his workout the other day.

Slick Pinkham
04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I think it would be great for basketball if a free-wheeling, just-shoot-it, run & gun team would someday win an NBA title, so I will be cheering for Phoenix.

Dallas would be OK, though Dirk has always rubbed me the wrong way for reasons I'm not sure I understand. Kinda whiny, I guess.

Sacramento will be interesting to watch, but I can't cheer for you-know-who.

I used to politely cheer for San Antonio since they were an original ABA team (old fart alert) and they play fundamental basketball. They have had enough success already, though. New blood is nice.

I gotten to like Memphis a little, the hard work & no 1st team NBA superstar aura is appealing.

Hicks
04-07-2006, 02:53 PM
I expect San Antonio to win, but I'd most enjoy Phoenix winning.

Lord Helmet
04-07-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd like to see either Phoenix/Dallas in the finals.

But, it'll be San Antonio.

Fireball Kid
04-07-2006, 03:01 PM
:mavericks

I want them to face :thepiston in the finals.

rexnom
04-07-2006, 03:09 PM
SA-Detroit...let's go with the consistent teams that have proven themselves against big teams and in big situations...

Evan_The_Dude
04-07-2006, 03:15 PM
I see Denver as a team that shouldn't be overlooked.

Anthem
04-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Out west? I like Jamaal Tinsley out west. :D

Arcadian
04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
I'll be rooting for my hometown Clippers.

Eindar
04-07-2006, 03:43 PM
That's a tough one. I never root for San Antonio, simply because I think watching Tim Duncan is like watching paint dry. He's gotta be the most boring MVP in league history. Having said that, they're the favorites.

I think I'd love to see the Mavericks get rewarded for upping their defense. They've got all the right peices, Avery Johnson's got them playing the right way, and I'd love to see them win a trip to the finals.

Phoenix is intriguing because of how unorthodox their style/lineup is. That in itself makes them a fun team to watch, but I really don't think they've got a chance once they hit an elite big man.

Then there's Denver. I swear, you can't count them out of any game when they've got Carmello Anthony. The guy is an absolute assassin! I haven't seen anyone like him since Bird/Jordan/Reggie, and for that value alone, I rank him ahead of Wade and LeBron, despite his numbers not being quite as flashy.

I'd like to see a Dallas-Detroit finals :)

Shade
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Count me amongst the Phoenix flock. They play hard, they're fun to watch, and they have a former Pacer.

Mourning
04-07-2006, 03:57 PM
Out west? I like Jamaal Tinsley out west. :D

:amen:

Fool
04-07-2006, 04:06 PM
My only problem with Dallas is that they play so individualistically on offense.

CableKC
04-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I would prefer that the series be a little more interesting then the Spurs/Pistons....so I would root for the underdog of the best teams in the League......the Mavs.

hoopsforlife
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
I would like to see Sacramento, Phoenix or Dallas win the west this year. I still believe Rick will wake up, any time, soon now, and realize Sarunas needs to be the point guard, AJ the shooting guard, Harrison at center, Granger and Foster at forwards.

Bring Eddie along with Peja off the bench at guards, Jo at forward along with Cro at the other forward and Scott at center. We would then dominate all playoff teams and win it all this year.

:dance:

317Kim
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I've got something going for the Mavs. :innocent:

NugzFan
04-07-2006, 10:31 PM
I see Denver as a team that shouldn't be overlooked.

Fool
04-07-2006, 11:57 PM
BabbleOn pointed something out to me the other day that I suppose I knew but had never really thought about. No one besides San Antonio and L.A. has come out of the West since 1998.

SamBear
04-08-2006, 01:18 AM
http://blog.yam.com/bubblesld/bba63f24.jpg

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/nba/_photos/2003-06-15-inside-duncan-ro.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/1582611920.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

GO SPURS GO

SoupIsGood
04-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Spurs will dominate

rexnom
04-08-2006, 10:08 AM
I would like to see Sacramento, Phoenix or Dallas win the west this year. I still believe Rick will wake up, any time, soon now, and realize Sarunas needs to be the point guard, AJ the shooting guard, Harrison at center, Granger and Foster at forwards.

Bring Eddie along with Peja off the bench at guards, Jo at forward along with Cro at the other forward and Scott at center. We would then dominate all playoff teams and win it all this year.

:dance:

Wow.

Shade
04-08-2006, 10:19 AM
BabbleOn pointed something out to me the other day that I suppose I knew but had never really thought about. No one besides San Antonio and L.A. has come out of the West since 1998.

I think the Spurs can be had this year.

I don't see anybody beating the Pistons, though.

zero signal
04-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Damned straight, Sambear and Soup! :guitar:

(This is Lord Deimos, BTW :usa: )

SamBear
04-09-2006, 03:19 PM
;)